PDA

View Full Version : Fucking Idiot!

Duracell
10-16-2005, 10:00 AM
This kid used to go to my sister's school, thats until he killed himself. It's bullshit that they are calling it an accident to that game. What kinda fucking moron would tie a rope around there neck. Here's an article...............

Appleton Boy Victim Of "Choking Game"

Appleton school alerting students and parents after death

Oct 15, 2005 8:50 am US/Central
APPLETON The death of a 13-year-old boy from what some call "the choking game" has alerted administrators about the popularity of the potentially lethal practice among some Appleton middle school and high school students.

Kyle Kelly McCarthy, who attended Madison Middle School but lived in the Calumet County town of Harrison near Hilbert, was found unconscious in his home Sunday, and he died early Monday at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, Calumet County Medical Examiner Mike Klaeser said.

Sheriff's Sgt. Wendy Baldwin said the boy used a cloth rope to choke himself into unconsciousness Sunday afternoon. His father found him about 15 minutes later and called the 911 emergency number for help.

Sgt. Mark Wiegert said investigators looking into the death were surprised to learn that the practice seemed to be common knowledge among some youths in Appleton schools.

"I have a feeling we've only uncovered the tip of the iceberg," he said. "It just goes on. One kid passes it on to another, and they pass it on to another."

He said it is done alone or in groups, as a way of experiencing sensations that come from losing consciousness. In the group setting, when a teen passes out, others help the person to the floor and then wait for consciousness to return.

"There is a perception that if we do this gently and do this right, it will be OK. It's not that way," Wiegert said.

Klaeser said each time someone passes out, the brain is deprived of oxygen, causing injury.

He also said investigators easily can rule such deaths as suicides if they miss signs indicating the individual was involved in the so-called game.

Baldwin, who responded to the 911 call at the McCarthy home, said the family eventually wants to help educate children and parents about what happened, but not right away.

"They are going to need some time to heal from this," she said. "The family really wants to feel like they are making a difference through Kyle."

Chris VanderHeyden, principal of Madison Middle School, said Thursday night that he would be encouraging members of his staff Friday to "share the facts with students to quell the rumors."

He said he would meet with the school's crisis team and staff to prepare in-depth prevention measures to be taken next week.

"I certainly intend that Madison will take this information and get it to parents and do our part so kids understand this is dangerous," he said.

http://wfrv.com/topstories/local_story_287075508.html

the_GoDdEsS
10-16-2005, 10:07 AM
That is pretty fucked up. But that kinda stuff is common among the 13 year-olds. They're still immature and stupid and can't tell right from wrong. So you're likely to fall into a trap when you follow a trend. Knowing kids it doesn't surprise me all that much such a thing can happen.

Duracell
10-16-2005, 10:10 AM
That is pretty fucked up. But that kinda stuff is common among the 13 year-olds. They're still immature and stupid and can't tell right from wrong. So you're likely to fall into a trap when you follow a trend. Knowing kids it doesn't surprise me all that much such a thing can happen.

Yeah, I've seen people play this game before. But using a fucking rope, I don't think so. I think this is more of a case of the parents/police not wanting to face the facts that it was a suicide.

the_GoDdEsS
10-16-2005, 10:14 AM
Oh, so the other kids actually did not use that kinda rope for that? It's hard to tell whether it was suicide or not.

Conspiracy of One
10-16-2005, 10:14 AM
Haha, Choking game...im sure Wishomie would make some sick perverted joke about this completely serious thread. You sure know a lot of "Cool" kids duracell.

dalaksta
10-16-2005, 10:38 AM
Somebody commited suicide and they are calling it an accident?! Thats pretty fucked up!

ruroken
10-16-2005, 10:45 AM
Somebody commited suicide and they are calling it an accident?! Thats pretty fucked up!
You don't get it, do you? Dumbass.

Duracell
10-16-2005, 10:57 AM
Oh, so the other kids actually did not use that kinda rope for that? It's hard to tell whether it was suicide or not.

I've never known of someone using a rope for that. The times that I've seen the game played, the people grab their neck with both hands, which obviously cuts off any oxygen flow to their brain. But then when they pass out they naturaly let go of their neck. Unlike if you were to use a rope, once you pass out you'd still be choked by the rope.

So either the kid was a complete fucking moron or he meant to kill himself.

You sure know a lot of "Cool" kids duracell.

I know, don't I.

Brines
10-17-2005, 10:46 AM
He should have used shrooms instead.

Paint_It_Black
10-17-2005, 11:09 AM
In my school kids just choked each other out, like with sleeper hold type shit. The problem was that then other kids were likely to come along and try to kick the shit out of you while you were out. I don't recall ever doing it myself. I was curious, but didn't trust anyone to watch my back. Obviously it's fucking stupid.