PDA

View Full Version : Are you afraid of the dentist chair?

the_offsprings_monkey
10-16-2005, 09:06 AM
Are you afraid of the dentist chair?

the_GoDdEsS
10-16-2005, 09:09 AM
I don't like dentists, doctors, hairdressers. But most of all dentists, yes.

the_offsprings_monkey
10-16-2005, 09:11 AM
I hate having to goto the dentists, its not that i'm afraid, its that the pain really pisses me off and I could be doing something better with my time.

offspring fan
10-16-2005, 09:14 AM
i hate the dentist :mad:

SkyRocker
10-16-2005, 09:16 AM
I don't go often to the dentist due to the fact that my teeth are perfect but i was, am and will never be affraid of it, i don't see any reason, plus mine is pretty cool.

Mentally_Challenged
10-16-2005, 09:16 AM
Haven't got a problem with them m'self.

Tired_Of_You
10-16-2005, 09:19 AM
I don't like going to the dentist, but I'm not afraid.

When I was a child I loved to go to the dentist, it made me laughing. I was crazy...How I must have looked weird to the people who were waiting :o

Spork
10-16-2005, 09:21 AM
I don't like the dentist, but I'm not afraid either.

the_offsprings_monkey
10-16-2005, 09:24 AM
YEA, because we are all big strong men, now lets go drink a can of wife beater.

SUPER_KING
10-16-2005, 09:28 AM
i love the dentist chair, it's sooooo comfy!! :D

0r4ng3
10-16-2005, 09:28 AM
The chair is fine, it's the dentist I hate.

dalaksta
10-16-2005, 09:41 AM
I've had to go to the dentist every other month since I was six. I have had braces 3 times and retainers 4 times and all it seems to do is make it worse. The only thing I'm afraid of their is when they put new braces in, it hurt like hell!

Sunny
10-16-2005, 09:51 AM
yes i am.. even though my teeth are in pretty good shape. it's just creepy, with all the lights and the scary equipment and stuff. blaarghh. *shrugs*

Mentally_Challenged
10-16-2005, 09:59 AM
I've had to go to the dentist every other month since I was six. I have had braces 3 times and retainers 4 times and all it seems to do is make it worse. The only thing I'm afraid of their is when they put new braces in, it hurt like hell!

Heh, I have to go every month. Braces are such fuckers.

Nina
10-16-2005, 10:02 AM
Yes, I am. Docs can easily hurt me, owww.

killer_queen
10-16-2005, 10:05 AM
I don't like dentists, doctors, hairdressers. But most of all dentists, yes.
I hate hairdressers. Non of them actually knows how to cut hair. But I've no problem about dentist chairs. I'm cool about doctors if they are cute and young.

Conspiracy of One
10-16-2005, 10:10 AM
Anyone with a degree to go into your mouth with a drill is insane.

the_offsprings_monkey
10-16-2005, 10:13 AM
I love the needle in my mouth, getting numb with out vodka is like WOW :o

Spork
10-16-2005, 10:21 AM
I would pick needle over general anaesthetic any day, my experience with gas...ugh.

Nina
10-16-2005, 10:23 AM
I love the needle in my mouth, getting numb with out vodka is like WOW :o

You're insane.

I mean...I hate that feeling.

Worst of all is still getting a freaking needle into your FOOT. Worst. Goddamn. Feeling. Ever. Too painful for me to handle :[

the_offsprings_monkey
10-16-2005, 10:41 AM
You're insane.
Yea I been told that alot.

Drummerguy123
10-16-2005, 10:45 AM
I actually like going to the dentist a lot. They put that stuff in your mouth that tastes like strawberry. mmmmmmmmmm................strawberry. *drools*

the_offsprings_monkey
10-16-2005, 10:51 AM
I actually like going to the dentist a lot. They put that stuff in your mouth that tastes like strawberry. mmmmmmmmmm................strawberry. *drools*
Oh yea that stuff, oh and that lovely red coloured drink. *drools*

grunge
10-16-2005, 10:54 AM
I'm not afraid dentist, I just feel myself uncomfortable

darko
10-16-2005, 10:57 AM
never used to mind them until i got Wheeler or "The Butcher".....god knows where the injection went, but the back off my mouth swelled up and i couldnt eat properly had to go to the Doctors for antibopics{sp} and it still sweels up from time to time....funnily enough, havent been to the dentist since!

I don't know
10-16-2005, 11:24 AM
the chair is ok, but the dentist... I'm not really afraid, but I don't like going to the dentist

Anya82
10-16-2005, 01:03 PM
i hate going to the dentist! i hate those tools they use!!! that buzzing thingy!!! i hate it! i hate the sound of that fucking drill!!! it creeps me out!! you have no idea how much it scares me!!! When i was 12, i had to go to the dentist, cause they had to extract a (what's its name?...hmm...) grind (?) -I'm not sure that's its name- my mom told me it was easy, and there was not going to be a problem.. but then... the dentist told me it turned to be a surgery!!! aaaah!! imagine me, sitting there, for 2 hours... with two shots of anestesia.... :( Everytime i remember that, i wanna cry! I REALLY hate and get scared like shit when i hear the sounds of a dentist's tools!!! :(

JoY
10-16-2005, 01:15 PM
all I hate about dentists, is that you actually have to take the time to go to them. a time in which you
-could- of course do way more fun things. what can I say? even though my dentist's a doll, I can't say I find him -that- entertaining on the job.

I grew up with doctors, not just my dad being one, but also me always being sick. so really, a white coat doesn't scare me. at ALL. in fact, I own one myself. plus about five stethoscopes, an otoscope, a penlight, a surgeon knifeset, plastic gloves & all the kind of crap that could severely creep someone out. *shrug*

hairdressers on the other hand..... I used to have extremely sensitive skin & just the feeling of hairtips in my neck & on my back could literally drive me completely insane. I once almost tore down the entire interior of my mom's car, just going nuts from the terrible itch the hairtips gave me. & one time the itching got so bad (I was only three then), I kept scratching my neck with my shoulder, because my mom had told me to sit still. then she cut rather fucking deeply in my neck. it bled like hell, but to me it was relieving, because everything was better than that nuts-driving itch. first thing I always used to do after a haircut, was taking a long, long, long shower. & even then I'd be all scratchy.

EDIT: for everyone who's met me; I just figured how completely useful the size of my mouth is! Bella be good freakshow.

Tired_Of_You
10-16-2005, 01:28 PM
I forgot something... my dentist will possibly have to extract 4 of my teeth. I don't know how they are called in English, but in French they are called "dents de sagesse". I'm scared it will hurt A LOT.

JoY
10-16-2005, 01:34 PM
I forgot something... my dentist will possibly have to extract 4 of my teeth. I don't know how they are called in English, but in French they are called "dents de sagesse". I'm scared it will hurt A LOT.
we have a saying in Dutch. it basically says "the fear of pain pains most". (well, literally it says "one suffers the most from the suffering that one fears", but it rhymes in Dutch & then it sounds just that much better)

Tired_Of_You
10-16-2005, 01:37 PM
Haha, but it's hard to not be afraid.

WebDudette
10-16-2005, 01:53 PM
The only problem I have with the dentist is the long wait then hte long session and all that junk. I could be doing something else with my time.

Jebus
10-16-2005, 02:13 PM
I would pick needle over general anaesthetic any day, my experience with gas...ugh.
I've never gotten gas. I want to try it.

0r4ng3
10-16-2005, 04:46 PM
You should try it. In my opinion, it was great. That's the only reason I like the dentist.

the_offsprings_monkey
10-16-2005, 08:21 PM
I like the needle... it don't hurt and you get all numb, works great, I got punched in the face after the dentist last week... DIDN'T FEEL A THING :o