PDA

View Full Version : Where the hell do people think they are justified to do things like this!

darko
10-18-2005, 12:40 PM
A mother who killed the family cat by putting it in the washing machine has been jailed for six weeks.

Holly Thacker, 34, from Norwich, broke down in tears as magistrates told her a prison sentence was the only option after she "deliberately caused intense suffering" to the cat.

Norwich magistrates heard that Thacker, a mother of three, deliberately put Fluffy in the washing machine on a boiling wash and then dumped the black cat in her wheelie bin.

The RSPCA were alerted after she told her ex-husband what she had done in front of her horrified daughters, then aged 15 and five.

The court heard the terrified cat broke all her claws as she struggled to find her balance when the washing machine drum rotated. A vet estimated it would have taken between five and ten minutes for the animal to die, during which time "the cat must have been frightened and terrified".

Speaking after the case, RSPCA inspector Rob Melloy said: "In the seven years I have been working for the RSPCA as an animal inspector, I have never come across anything as heartless as this."

He went on: "It was a deliberate act of cruelty and she knew the cat would die in the washing machine."

He added: "I hope this sends a very strong message to anyone who is capable of doing anything like this that society will not tolerate it and if we find you we will prosecute you."

its just evil!

irishpunkrockgirl
10-18-2005, 12:45 PM
that's horrible. :( animal cruelty sucks

darko
10-18-2005, 12:47 PM
i know kittens get drowned...i'm sure it happened to some of the litters my cats had....but a boiling wash in a washing machine! COME ON!

Dirty Bertie
10-18-2005, 12:49 PM
I've got some sympathy for that women. She was clearly just trying to give the poor cat a good wash....

No.. fuck it - get me rope cos I wanna string her up :D

Dirty Bertie
10-18-2005, 12:50 PM
i know kittens get drowned...i'm sure it happened to some of the litters my cats had....

What are you admitting too here?

Nirushika6789
10-18-2005, 12:51 PM
No.. fuck it - get me rope cos I wanna string her up :D
ill help you

*ties rope to tree branch*

the_offsprings_monkey
10-18-2005, 12:52 PM
I keep telling my girl i'm gonna shot her bird with my shotgun and run her ginger cat over.... I'm mean :(

Dirty Bertie
10-18-2005, 12:53 PM
I keep telling my girl i'm gonna shot her bird with my shotgun and run her ginger cat over.... I'm mean :(

haha .. and still you get laid :confused:

darko
10-18-2005, 12:53 PM
What are you admitting too here?

it happens.....knowing you cant get rid off all the kittens and cant afford to have any more

irishpunkrockgirl
10-18-2005, 12:54 PM
everyone in dublin just dump them off somewhere and now there is loads of wild cats all over the shebang

Dirty Bertie
10-18-2005, 12:55 PM
it happens.....knowing you cant get rid off all the kittens and cant afford to have any more

yeah - but drownings is too cruel!

Maybe , u could use a v sharp knife and slit their throats instead next time?? .. just an idea :rolleyes:

darko
10-18-2005, 12:57 PM
yeah - but drownings is too cruel!

Maybe , u could use a v sharp knife and slit their throats instead next time?? .. just an idea :rolleyes:

what? cause them more pain in the long run? FUCK OFF!

anyway I've had my cat done so no kittens!

the_offsprings_monkey
10-18-2005, 12:57 PM
haha .. and still you get laid :confused:
What can I say... Im a nice guy ;)

Dirty Bertie
10-18-2005, 12:59 PM
what? cause them more pain in the long run? FUCK OFF!

anyway I've had my cat done so no kittens!

i think it is just as cruel to chop their bollox off :p

darko
10-18-2005, 01:01 PM
i think it is just as cruel to chop their bollox off :p

Dont you mean Bollocks?

irishpunkrockgirl
10-18-2005, 01:09 PM
there was a person and they cut off a rabbits ears and started kicking it around like a football

Dirty Bertie
10-18-2005, 01:10 PM
Dont you mean Bollocks?

it would hurt like hell getting them chopped off whatever way you spell it! :D

Tizzalicious
10-18-2005, 01:15 PM
You can't have an opinion until you've heard the full story. We don't know WHY the woman did, and under what circumstances. So who are we to judge? There is a reason why courts have both versions of the story told.

- WHEELCHAIRMAN, that's in caps because Tizz disagrees strongly with me.

True, I think there is NO excuse to put a cat in washingmachine, NEVER.

- Tizz

darko
10-18-2005, 01:20 PM
it would hurt like hell getting them chopped off whatever way you spell it! :D

HAHAHAHA OK.....

I read in the paper a couple of weeks ago a couple of boys, in Glasgow i think, cornered a cat and set a pitbull{sp} on her, and filmed it on their mobile....while the little girl who owned the cat watched!

Dirty Bertie
10-18-2005, 01:24 PM
You can't have an opinion until you've heard the full story. We don't know WHY the woman did, and under what circumstances. So who are we to judge?

What legitimate reason can you have for knowingly putting a cat in the washing machine?

Stupidity ISN'T a defence!

Nirushika6789
10-18-2005, 01:25 PM
HAHAHAHA OK.....

I read in the paper a couple of weeks ago a couple of boys, in Glasgow i think, cornered a cat and set a pitbull{sp} on her, and filmed it on their mobile....while the little girl who owned the cat watched!
thats awful...i dont know how someone could do that

Dirty Bertie
10-18-2005, 01:26 PM
HAHAHAHA OK.....

wicked bastards... btw - who won?

darko
10-18-2005, 01:28 PM
wicked bastards... btw - who won?

the little girls gran had to go out and clean up the mess before the little girl saw the true carnage.....that cat never had a chance

Tizzalicious
10-18-2005, 01:28 PM
What legitimate reason can you have for knowingly putting a cat in the washing machine?

Stupidity ISN'T a defence!
And what the hell do you know about the woman? All you've got is what was written in the paper, and I know from the experience of others, that the paper can be grossly exagerated, and often flat-out wrong. Furthermore we don't know WHY the woman did it. Until then, we don't know ANY of the circumstances, like how dangerous the cat was to her daughters, for instance. Or anything like that.

- Wheelchairman and definitely not Tizz.

irishpunkrockgirl
10-18-2005, 01:29 PM
ahe should have just gave the cat away.

darko
10-18-2005, 01:31 PM
Tizz are you actually defending this woman?

i dont really care what her reasons where....the fact she got up one moring and thought....right what will i do today? get the girls ready for school, tidy up, put the cat on a boil wash........

coke_a_holic
10-18-2005, 01:32 PM

i dont really care what her reasons where....the fact she got up one moring and thought....right what will i do today? get the girls ready for school, tidy up, put the cat on a boil wash........
Read the bottom of the post. Wheelchairman's defending the woman, not Tizz.

darko
10-18-2005, 01:34 PM

oh right ok.....

Dirty Bertie
10-18-2005, 01:34 PM
And what the hell do you know about the woman? .

In this instance, I really don't care to know anything more about her. Some things are clearly black or white and right or wrong.

Nirushika6789
10-18-2005, 01:37 PM
the little girls gran had to go out and clean up the mess before the little girl saw the true carnage.....that cat never had a chance
this is disgusting...i dont understand how anyone can watch this happen...

i remember on the news a good while ago that some 20yr old guys threw a springer spaniel over a v.high bridge
JUST FOR FUN!! :mad:
it was recorded on a security camera and it was played on teh news..the poor dog was just walking about and they just came and lifted him and threw him over :mad:

luckily the dog lived...he was 10 i think...when he was on the news it showed him lying on his back while someone was tickling his belly :D...thank god he lived...
i still cant believe that people get so bored that they feel the need to inflict pain on a defenseless animal

Tizzalicious
10-18-2005, 01:37 PM

Okay, how stupid are you exactly? It says WHEELCHAIRMAN under my first post, in caps. And then it's followed by 'in caps, because Tizz doesn't agree'. Maybe, just MAYBE this could mean wheelchair man is posting with my account and he wrote that and I don't agree? Just a thought.

- Tizz (not WHEELCHAIRMAN)

I don't know her reasons. But who knows, what if the cat had become volatile, perhaps due to rabies or something like that. What do you do? Call the vets and wait for them to pick up the animal while your TWO daughters are in danger? Or perhaps you find a way to pick it up, and get rid of it. Now if the cat has rabies, cutting it's head off, or whatever 'humane' ways you have to get rid of it won't work. You do what you can, and that's what she did. ARE you seriously saying she should've just let the cat be a threat to her daughters?

Seriously it's a fucking cat. We don't KNOW why she did it. And the article is extremely biased in that respect. It's IGNORANT to take it at its word, when it only tells one side of the story. And it's IGNORANT not to analyze what you read in this way. If you continue to do so, you're just the mind-soppingly dumb sheep that exist day to day and don't think. Learn to think.

- Wheelchairman, I put Tizz in the washer.

irishpunkrockgirl
10-18-2005, 01:39 PM
that woman was a stupid eejit. why the fuck do you just throw your cat in the washing machine to kill it!!

come_out_and_play
10-18-2005, 01:40 PM
i don't care what reasons she had for doing it, it's just evil. And if the cat was a danger to her kids then why not just get it put down or give it away instead of making it suffer so much, and then making her kids suffer by telling them what she's done. The heartless bitch! :mad:

darko
10-18-2005, 01:41 PM

oh right ok.....

if you had read on...then you would have seen it was already pointed out to me and there is no need to call me stupid!

Dirty Bertie
10-18-2005, 01:47 PM
Okay, how stupid are you exactly? It says WHEELCHAIRMAN under my first post, in caps. And then it's followed by 'in caps, because Tizz doesn't agree'. Maybe, just MAYBE this could mean wheelchair man is posting with my account and he wrote that and I don't agree? Just a thought.

You know what - i think that it is quite a simple mistake to assume that the name of the poster above the mesage is actually the person making the post :rolleyes:

Darko (not Dirty)

darko
10-18-2005, 01:48 PM
this is disgusting...i dont understand how anyone can watch this happen...

i remember on the news a good while ago that some 20yr old guys threw a springer spaniel over a v.high bridge
JUST FOR FUN!! :mad:
it was recorded on a security camera and it was played on teh news..the poor dog was just walking about and they just came and lifted him and threw him over :mad:

luckily the dog lived...he was 10 i think...when he was on the news it showed him lying on his back while someone was tickling his belly :D...thank god he lived...
i still cant believe that people get so bored that they feel the need to inflict pain on a defenseless animal

I think i remember that....its sickening what some people think is "Fun"

Dirty Bertie
10-18-2005, 01:51 PM
when he was on the news it showed him lying on his back while someone was tickling his belly :D

Jeez - they would have been better off getting a vet to revive him rather than tickling his belly

Nirushika6789
10-18-2005, 01:55 PM
Jeez - they would have been better off getting a vet to revive him rather than tickling his belly
he was alive

he survived
so he was put on tv fetching his toys and getting pampered :D
he was rolling around on his back while someone was petting him and tickling his belly

Tizzalicious
10-18-2005, 04:05 PM
i don't care what reasons she had for doing it, it's just evil. And if the cat was a danger to her kids then why not just get it put down or give it away instead of making it suffer so much, and then making her kids suffer by telling them what she's done. The heartless bitch! :mad:
If the cat is dangerous, you fool, then that means it's dangerous AT THAT MOMENT; meaning waiting is putting others in dangerous. You really don't know what it's like to be responsible for the lives of OTHER people do you? It's not heartless at all. You stupid fuck.

and Darko

You know what - i think that it is quite a simple mistake to assume that the name of the poster above the mesage is actually the person making the post
NOT IF YOU CAN READ. Are you and Dirty actually in the same room, or were you trying to catch me being hypocritical/making the same mistake?

- Wheelchairman

darko
10-18-2005, 04:16 PM
and Darko

NOT IF YOU CAN READ. Are you and Dirty actually in the same room, or were you trying to catch me being hypocritical/making the same mistake?

- Wheelchairman

WCM - Dirty and me are not in the same room, if you would check the locations you will see that we are opposite sides of the UK! I think Dirty was attempting Sarcasm so go shout at Dirty not me!

Dirty Bertie
10-18-2005, 04:19 PM
I think Dirty was attempting Sarcasm so go shout at Dirty not me!

only 'attempting'! lol

memento
10-18-2005, 04:20 PM
And what the hell do you know about the woman? All you've got is what was written in the paper, and I know from the experience of others, that the paper can be grossly exagerated, and often flat-out wrong. Furthermore we don't know WHY the woman did it. Until then, we don't know ANY of the circumstances, like how dangerous the cat was to her daughters, for instance. Or anything like that.

- Wheelchairman and definitely not Tizz.

THis is poor reasoning. This is the same reasoning that would lead to us questinoing a murderer because we don't know the entireity of the situation. Of course we don't fuckin know from the news paper report unless we read the entire case and minutes including police statements etc. you still don't know the full picture. Even then you don't konw the full picture.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
10-18-2005, 04:34 PM
That's stupid. Animals don't have feelings.

Tizzalicious
10-18-2005, 04:37 PM
THis is poor reasoning. This is the same reasoning that would lead to us questinoing a murderer because we don't know the entireity of the situation. Of course we don't fuckin know from the news paper report unless we read the entire case and minutes including police statements etc. you still don't know the full picture. Even then you don't konw the full picture.
WE DO QUESTION MURDER. Especially in cases of SELF-DEFENCE.

- Wheelchairman

the_offsprings_monkey
10-18-2005, 04:40 PM
If I shoot my girls mum does that count as cruelty to animals?

Tizzalicious
10-18-2005, 04:40 PM
WCM - Dirty and me are not in the same room, if you would check the locations you will see that we are opposite sides of the UK! I think Dirty was attempting Sarcasm so go shout at Dirty not me!

If you would check OUR locations you would see that WCM and I usually are in different COUNTRIES.

His sarcams sucks. You people are stupid.

- Tizz (I'm just signing because people here don't seem to get anything)

I also don't agree with WCM's cat-shit at all. I just wanted to make that clear.

darko
10-18-2005, 04:43 PM
Well go shout at Dirty NOT ME!

rodney mullen
10-18-2005, 04:43 PM
its just evil!
that isnt fair to the cat. that person probably wouldn't want to be thrown in a washing machine. and that person should be in for WAY more than six weeks.

darko
10-18-2005, 04:45 PM
that isnt fair to the cat. that person probably wouldn't want to be thrown in a washing machine. and that person should be in for WAY more than six weeks.

the six weeks is a joke!!

the_offsprings_monkey
10-18-2005, 04:46 PM
Well go shout at Dirty NOT ME!
Tizz ain't shouting at you. if anything you are being a plain idiot.

Offspring7
10-18-2005, 04:48 PM
i'm a big sucker for animals and i almost cried. that is just so cruel and wrong....its so sad. they're defenseless. i heard a story of someone putting a PUPPY in a microwave until it blew up. i love animals so much and its all so sad.

Homer
10-18-2005, 04:59 PM
Even though we only got one side with this story, the bottem line is that she's guilty, which would make people lean towards it towards being cruel and not self-defense. Whatever the reason, what she did was wrong, which ended up putting her in jail.

Tizzalicious
10-18-2005, 05:16 PM
Even though we only got one side with this story, the bottem line is that she's guilty, which would make people lean towards it towards being cruel and not self-defense. Whatever the reason, what she did was wrong, which ended up putting her in jail.
That's only conjecture.

the_offsprings_monkey
10-18-2005, 05:18 PM
would every one please just SHUT THE FUCK UP.

yay
10-18-2005, 08:12 PM
That's just stupid. They drown kittens all the time. Killing animals is no big deal. I guess they care more about the torture before hand?Your a fag. At least you and JohnnyNemesis have eachother, otherwise you'd have no-one to speak to on this forum.

0r4ng3
10-18-2005, 08:13 PM
...and you wonder why people hate you.

yay
10-18-2005, 08:14 PM
...and you wonder why people hate you.I wreckon man it's so obvious why everyone hates "This thread is gay".

Mota Boy
10-18-2005, 08:23 PM
Pertizz - under what circumstances would anyone need to kill a cat, especially that painfully? Also, we're talking about someone that's already been tried and sentenced for her crime, so any mitigating factors would've been taken into consideration.

barangatang
10-18-2005, 08:31 PM
" oh noes!!!~~!@!@!11! TEH EVEL LADY JILLED HET KATT!!!!!~~~~1

killer_queen
10-19-2005, 08:46 AM
That's just stupid. They drown kittens all the time. Killing animals is no big deal.
No, it is. Drowning kittens is different. Most people do that if they can't find anyone to look after the kittens.
I think there's no difference between killing an animal and killing a person. Like us, some animals deserve to live and some do not.
But that woman should have problems. There's no way that a normal human being can do this.
And those idiots who cry dogs and cats die(not painfully, in a normal way), every day, thousands of cows, lambs get killed for being meal for your pets. Why doesn't it bother you? I guess I know, you just love pussies and puppies because they are cute. And people are calling me shallow...