PDA

View Full Version : What would it be like if..............

platinumpt
10-19-2005, 10:08 AM
.... The Offspring played live something VERY different from the setlists we're used to??

You see, this morning I decided to bring back old memories, so I decided to put my S/T Offspring album on my hifi. And to the sound of all those old, but very classy songs, I started to daydream... what if one day, I'm waiting for an Offspring show to start, everyone's pushing, the lights are out, then the band come on stage and suddenly.... they start to play "a thousand days"!!!! Man that would be amazing!!! Well it could be any other song from that album, but you get the idea. I specially love the idea of that specific song for an opening act. Anyway, they finish playing that song, the crowd's totally wild, filled with hardcore Offspring fans, and Dexter says something like: "Hey guys!!! Good evening!! Today we decided to play only old stuff. No Americana, CO1 or Splinter crap (take no offense anyone! It's just a manner of speech)." and the crowd goes even wilder. I wish they do something like that. They wouldn't be the first!! Iron Maiden came to Portugal this year, and they ONLY played stuff from their early albuns!!!

I'd love to hear those old Offspring songs live... it'd be a nice idea, and probably it'd take some less-hardcore fans of The Offspring to go search for the band's early albuns, what do you think?

Original prankstA
10-19-2005, 02:42 PM
.... The Offspring played live something VERY different from the setlists we're used to??

You see, this morning I decided to bring back old memories, so I decided to put my S/T Offspring album on my hifi. And to the sound of all those old, but very classy songs, I started to daydream... what if one day, I'm waiting for an Offspring show to start, everyone's pushing, the lights are out, then the band come on stage and suddenly.... they start to play "a thousand days"!!!! Man that would be amazing!!! Well it could be any other song from that album, but you get the idea. I specially love the idea of that specific song for an opening act. Anyway, they finish playing that song, the crowd's totally wild, filled with hardcore Offspring fans, and Dexter says something like: "Hey guys!!! Good evening!! Today we decided to play only old stuff. No Americana, CO1 or Splinter crap (take no offense anyone! It's just a manner of speech)." and the crowd goes even wilder. I wish they do something like that. They wouldn't be the first!! Iron Maiden came to Portugal this year, and they ONLY played stuff from their early albuns!!!

I'd love to hear those old Offspring songs live... it'd be a nice idea, and probably it'd take some less-hardcore fans of The Offspring to go search for the band's early albuns, what do you think?
yes...id love that too

Spookyvincent
10-19-2005, 03:13 PM
i don't know...we should be ten years younger,i guess.
it would be rad,but i would still wanna hear songs like da hui,staring at the sun,the kids aren't alright,can't get my head around you

nameless
10-19-2005, 03:47 PM
i enjoyed the set lists theyve played when ive seen them! like most people id like them to lose pretty fly etc. and play songs from the first 2 albums but in general i like the sets they play!

dalaksta
10-19-2005, 07:05 PM

that would be pretty awsome. but what else would they play? singles? rarities? just asking that would be awsome though i would love to hear them change the regular setlists

platinumpt
10-19-2005, 07:09 PM
I'd be really happy if they only played old songs!!

Jennifer lost the war, elders, crossroads, beheaded, kill the president, session, we are one, kick him when he's down, get it right, dirty magic, burn it up, lapd, bad habit, etc :D it's okay to dream :rolleyes:

Ceejio21
10-27-2005, 10:53 AM
Yeah I totally agree, that would be pretty class if they played alot of older material. Don't you think though that Neocon leading into the opening riff and drum beat of The Noose is the best possible opening to any Offspring concert?

Ceej

Hypodermic_89
10-27-2005, 11:16 AM
Cool. Very cool. Very cool indeed. Yes.

platinumpt
10-27-2005, 09:18 PM
I think from the 3 different opening acts I've witnessed, the best was, indeed, the Neocon/The Noose opening. It's fantastic. Nothing beats that.

NDM1
10-27-2005, 09:21 PM
The only one ive gotten is, "Okay, YA YA YA YA YA"

Human
10-27-2005, 09:22 PM
The only one ive gotten is, "Okay, YA YA YA YA YA"
The only one what?

platinumpt
10-27-2005, 09:34 PM
Humm. Right. Keep on pretending...

.:SMASH:.
10-28-2005, 01:05 AM

lol i doubt dexter would diss his own work on those albums but it would still be great

SkyRocker
10-28-2005, 02:29 AM
It would be nice, but the greatest thing is surely to hear those "old" songs with the new sound of today. I don't know why but i feel like it'd be completely awesome...

electric_alexa
10-28-2005, 10:07 AM
well,they do play songs from smash and ixnay.......but yeah, it would b cool to hear dirty magic at a concert(accoustic though) :D