PDA

View Full Version : ranting =/

Sunny
10-20-2005, 01:28 PM
Post your own rant here if you want to. i saw Iz and Isa saying that they need to rant.. so hey, might as well do it here. =p

and well, i need to let this out. it's been getting on my nerves for quite a while now.

Practically every single time I told a female friend of mine that I'm engaged, and later, married, their response has been... well, guess what. not "awesome!".. not "congratulations", not "i'm happy for you", not "what's his name?", but..

"so... where is the rock?"

i only wish i was kidding.

and each time after i combat the primary urge to say "up my ass", i force myself to explain that i don't feel the need to wear my ring every day. a wedding band is enough, if you ask me. =/ earlier this year, when i didn't have a ring, i had to explain "well, i don't have one yet, we did tattoos instead". the response - a disappointed "oh". as in, "pffff, you call that an engagement?". a silent "if he really liked you, he'd get you one".

how mean is that?

oh, the homicidal urges i had to fight. and still have to. i hate the fact that i need jewelry to make my marriage seem legitimate.

i wore the ring one day. the collective response of the girls i hang out with was.. "aww, he must be crazy about you".

yeah, no shit, we're MARRIED. hello. except you didn't quite believe it til you saw the damn thing.

bitch.

Rag Doll
10-20-2005, 01:33 PM
i hate girls. i think tattoos are better than rings. tattoos are for more permanent...and different, which is cool. bah. people are so shallow. if i say any more, i won't shut up about my hatred for most females, especially the overly superficial ones.

my rant: i spent 4 hours on this huge midterm, skipped a law workshop, and was generally miserable....only to get an email finding out my class was cancelled. doesn't that sound familiar? fuck professors.

Nirushika6789
10-20-2005, 01:35 PM
i hate girls. i think tattoos are better than rings. tattoos are for more permanent...and different, which is cool..
yea ...true...

you can loss a ring...but you cant 'loss' a tattoo as such....

also a ring can be replaced easily ...you cant replace a tattoo

i think that made sense :)

BREAK
10-20-2005, 01:37 PM
We live in a superficial, one-dimensional materialistic consumerist society...what did you expect?

The second most infuriating engagement-related question from people I can think of is "How did he pop the question?" Like you've got to have some kind of laborious, elaborate, meticulously-planned, ridiculously romantic and cheesy-as-all-hell scheme to propose to somebody so the story will sound good 50 years later when you're telling your kids. Gimme a break. When I get asked later on how I did it, I'll just say "I told her she was pregnant & she believed me."

Sunny
10-20-2005, 01:39 PM
i hate girls. i think tattoos are better than rings. tattoos are for more permanent...and different, which is cool. bah. people are so shallow. if i say any more, i won't shut up about my hatred for most females, especially the overly superficial ones.

my rant: i spent 4 hours on this huge midterm, skipped a law workshop, and was generally miserable....only to get an email finding out my class was cancelled. doesn't that sound familiar? fuck professors.

ahah. owww. that sounds quite familiar indeed =p i hate it when they pull shit like that after you've been stressing out over the class and flipping out and stuff.

and seriously, one would think that a TATTOO expresses commitment better, seeing as it's - *gasp* - permanent.

i'm not really upset over the whole thing, but they're just so fucking rude.

Sunny
10-20-2005, 01:41 PM
The second most infuriating engagement-related question from people I can think of is "How did he pop the question?"

oh my god. i get that one a lot too. I HATE IT.

we just kind of came to a mutual agreement that we should get married. i remember he just said "i can't wait to marry you" and i was like weeooo.

and your answer to that question is so awesome.

Endymion
10-20-2005, 01:43 PM
"I told her she was pregnant & she believed me."
oh god i love you. i'll marry you even if you don't knock me up.

BREAK
10-20-2005, 01:46 PM
And then 8 months later I told her she had a MISCARRIAGE. Haw-haw!

darko
10-20-2005, 01:48 PM
did you keep getting asked when the big day is and when you tell them you havent got round to that yet and your waiting a few years....they look at you like you have no intention of getting married and the whole thing is a farse? thats what i kept getting

Sunny
10-20-2005, 01:49 PM
jake - omg. ahahahah. *falls to the ground*

on an unrelated note, i love the looks on people's faces when Charlie says something like "don't talk back to me, woman". its amazing.

Sunny
10-20-2005, 01:50 PM
did you keep getting asked when the big day is and when you tell them you havent got round to that yet and your waiting a few years....they look at you like you have no intention of getting married and the whole thing is a farse? thats what i kept getting

dude, not even. they just assumed it was a farse cause i wasn't wearing a big flashy diamond ring.

darko
10-20-2005, 01:53 PM
yeah, i had that aswell....it was about 6months before i got a ring and even then i was getting the farse 'Its a farse look'

shadowind
10-20-2005, 02:28 PM
its sad people are that way
superficial

marriage rings are a symbolic thing but it dosn't need to bankrupt you
and tattos are even more symbolic

memento
10-20-2005, 02:31 PM
I WANNA RANT!

I wanna rant about people with fucking awesome lives whine about stupid things. They're rich, beautiful, have someone and to all intents and purposes really nice people. Yet they whine about the most lame things.

Everywhere I am confronted with people wrapped up in themselves its beyond belief. Yesterday this girl was crying because of some shitty argument. She's a really nice girl and I wanted to give her a hug but just talked to her. Anyway she's got lots in her life but she's crying over the lamest thing ever.

Stop being such fucking pussies. Backbone fuckers.

shadowind
10-20-2005, 02:35 PM
lol

(arhg 10 char rule)

Sunny
10-20-2005, 02:38 PM
ya know, I wanna rant about people who think it's unacceptable to rant/whine unless you're horribly disfigured, sick, lonely and broke. I fail to see what's wrong with letting off some steam. Bottling things up, even the smallest things, never leads to anything positive. Our culture doesn't embrace negative emotions - we're always supposed to act like everything's a-ok, and I find it sick and unnatural. I don't see anything productive about pretending you're not bothered and "sucking it up". It's the same bullshit attitude that forms idiotic standards for people to live up to.. such as "boys don't cry". Like hell they don't. Being upset/crying over things, as small and insignificant as they might be, is HUMAN, it's cathartic, and most importantly, it's completely ok.

memento
10-20-2005, 02:52 PM
Cause it leads to society being fucking pussies and whining about things that don't matter.

Take me for example. I used to whine all the fucking time. Since I ceased whining I'm a lot happier.

Girls esp. cry over ABSOULTELY anything now days.

Sunny
10-20-2005, 03:03 PM
what are things that don't matter? i mean, where do you draw the line? what if you complain about having a cold? is it acceptable cause you're sick, or unnacceptable cause it's not a fatal illness?

Maybe "not whining" worked for you, which would make sense, seeing as you're male and society expects males to be tough and unaffected... so you're happier since you're now fulfilling said expectations?

Personally, if I don't let shit out, I grow so bitter and resentful I start snapping at people for no reason. I'm not going to pretend that I'm not bothered by blatant displays of ignorance, idiocy or insensitivity. I am. And I have every right to let that out. If something annoys me, I will talk about it. I don't care if I get sympathy, and I don't expect it, because the things I usually whine about don't deserve sympathy. I just need to express my anger or frustration, which I both consider to be legitimate human feelings and nothing to be ashamed of.

memento
10-20-2005, 03:07 PM
I don't know to be honest. Personally little things never bother me whatsoever. So when people whine about them I think wtf.

I'm not acting macho man. When I need to be emo I am emo. I just don't keep on whining. Doesn't society want guys that cry now days anyway?

I just think there's people a lot worse than me so stop being so self absorbed in your own shit. That's what I tell myself anyway. Like wah wah I have to work 8 hours a day everyday to do my degree but who the fuck cares? I chose it, I'm beenfting from it, I'm lucky to be in this position but you get other fuckers whining about it.

Sunny
10-20-2005, 03:14 PM
But see, there's a difference between ranting about something and dwelling on it/whining/bitching to no end that needs to be acknowledged.

Dwelling on something and complaining about it all the fucking time... is definitely counter-productive. But saying "fuck, I had a really shitty day and I'm so fucking tired, this sucks" is not. Does that make sense?

For example, I'm really lucky to go to the school I go to. Yet it does annoy and frustrate me on occassion, and sometimes I will bitch about it. It doesn't mean I don't realize I'm lucky, that it is a really good school many people wish they could attend. It's still a great institution, it just gets on my nerves every once in a while. You know? Occassionally being displeased with something doesn't mean you don't appreciate it as a whole.

the_offsprings_monkey
10-20-2005, 03:17 PM
What is up with white people, why do they have to be such racist and alcoholic raving bastards, can we not just get alone with our black cousins, I personally love black people and have respect for them.

memento
10-20-2005, 03:18 PM
I hate it when I'm forced to conceed. But you are correct.

Brines
10-20-2005, 05:38 PM
I hate it when I get my finger jammed playing soccer.

Betty
10-20-2005, 05:55 PM
I 100% agree with you Mags.

One of my co-workers recently got engaged and when his fiancee came by at some point later he said "oh, I'm sure you looked at the ring"... the thought hadn't even crossed my mind, I could care less. He complains about having no money yet spends $6000 on that, which seems absolutely insane to me. Like, seriously, the thought of an actual ring when/if a guy ever proposed to me does not even cross my mind. If I never ever got a ring, I would probably forget that I was supposed to get a ring. Even the thought of a guy proposing is a little hard to picture... I see more of a mutual agreement, like you said. The idea of being proposed to, while romantic, just seems... not the most practical. A rational/passionate discussion about wanting to get married seems to make more sense.

It's even more sad since it's a superficial idea surrounding a really beautiful concept: true love/companionship. Fuck, be superficial about something else.

Offspring7
10-20-2005, 06:10 PM
oh ranting!! thank you so much sunny i need this thread so badly right now...i was going to start my own until i saw this. my rant:
this guy and i have math class together and we sit right next to each other. we got along ok. i sorta started to like him. the other day he used my alphabetical calculator to talk to me back and forth and he asked me if i wanted to make out. and i kinda do with him...so i was like after-school? half joking. and he was like ok what else do you want to do...sex other stuff. and i was like i'm only 15, hes 16, so not until i'm at least 16. and he wrote his number and put call it up but don't tell anyone. i was like ok. i got home and called him...he was sleeping and i told him call me when you wake up. he did and walked over to my house and we talked on the phone the whole time he was walking over. he got here and i showed him my house, my dogs, and we talked, then he was like so show me your boobs. i was like no but umm i did but only for like a second...then he was like what have you ever done with a guy before and that was like basically nothing. he was like alright i'll teach you so you can get experience. and then we did the intro of making out..but not making out. then it kind of died off and then he had to leave. he again said don't tell anybody its for your own good. the next day he seemed to be avoiding me...and then today it was like nothing happened and i'm really confused as to what he wants with me. i like him a lot.but thats ray. and ray is just uhhh...i ended up telling my best friends anyway. i don't know if he's said anything but he invited me to a party where there would be drinking...so then the other guys who were throwing it were talking in history class and i joined in on the conversation...and they were like who told you you could go and i was like ray. the one guy matt was like i'm gonna get you so drunk...and basically agreed that i should go. but then he was like ray and you are friends? and i was like yeah...almost thinking maybe ray didn't want people to know that...despite saying he does what he wants.so in study hall matt said something to ray loudly and he said yes we're friends but matt was asking if he invited me to the party and then things were complicated and i just don't know what to do. then theres derek who goes to northern, not my school, and he wants to make out with me and its mutual...but he lives over there...but hes cute and older than me but he wants more than making out. i was like we have to be dating if you want sex and other stuff. we'll see where that goes. so thats my current predicaments in life. typical teenager stuff thats not gonna matter in years to come but it felt good to write all that.

Sunny
10-20-2005, 07:21 PM
oh wow that's a long rant. =p

betty - i'm glad you agree.

rxp - i'm glad you agree too! heh.

Sinister
10-20-2005, 07:25 PM
okay, so I guess I can rant too...

my life's extremely boring, I don't know what the hell to do to make it more entertaining. except wait. you'll see what I'm waiting for, once I get it.

Sinister
10-20-2005, 07:29 PM
I hate mine.

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-20-2005, 07:30 PM
DAVE IS AWESOME!!!!!(fffff)

I find it harsh that you said that in a joking way. :'(

Sinister
10-20-2005, 07:31 PM
Dave, what happened to your post count ?!?! :confused: :eek:

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-20-2005, 07:32 PM
Dave, what happened to your post count ?!?! :confused: :eek:

I posted sporadically in Say Whatever too, you know.

Sinister
10-20-2005, 07:33 PM
I posted sporadically in Say Whatever too, you know.

it's OK, I forgive you. We're all sinners once in a while.

JoY
10-21-2005, 06:40 AM
I agree with Jake. (& Jake, may I just say I love you for brightening my mood?) yeah, well, pretty much. our world is goddamn superficial.

not JUST the girls, you know. I'm getting pretty sick & tired of guys these days, now I'm not single anymore. I've never noticed THIS MUCH before, that so many of them only spend their seconds on you in an attempt to get into your goddamn underpants. (*sings* "when you go to France, in your underpants..") I'm not even kidding! (but you knew this of course, didn't you, boiz?)

the other day at the studentclub I was talking to someone I know from a while back (fieldhockey, but you don't care) & it was all birds & bees, chit & chat & ALL GOOD, until I used to word "boyfriend". that particular second my boyfriend was walking by, grabbing my ass. the guy I was talking with goes quiet for a second, looks at my luvor & says "pfft, is -that- your boyfriend??!?". my hands turned to fists & I literally had to hold myself down. I KNEW it was an extremely lame attempt to make me unsure of my relationship & that it marked his defeat, since he couldn't get me, with an attitude of "I'd please you so much better grrl", but I couldn't help getting VERY offended. I turned around & walked away, on my way to grab my boyfriend's ass back. but I was frustrated for days.

so Mags.. where's the rock??

;p <3

Nina
10-21-2005, 06:52 AM
Ooohh ranting.

Sunny, a tattoo is freaking awesome. It's one of the most personal things anyway, but doing that with your partner cannot be topped anymore. What is it, if I may ask?

I agree that it's human and normal and necessary to rant. I personally cannot stand people who don't understand it (and I am not speaking of RXP, I am speaking of insensitive stupid fucks who roll their eyes or make a mean comment when you just want to talk about what's been bothering you).

Now, my rant.

I am so fed up with people who can't show that they give a fuck. I mean come on, it's not so hard to call back. I dunno why I need to call 842938329 people and only get one actual response. I am not asking for much. I'd just appriciate a text messege or an email back. Jeez.
If you want to spend time with me, then fucking act like you do? Thanks.

JoY
10-21-2005, 07:02 AM
now for my -actual- rant....

my baby sis (we aren't related, so you probably find our fictional sisterhood rediculous) organised her 21st birthday party TO-DAY. when I've told her about a hundred times, that I'd be operated the 18th. so to conclude my misery of not even being able to -walk-, I can't go to my best friend's 21st birthday party.

& did I mention I CAN'T WALK??! *violently throws crutches towards to other end of the room*
perfect.

Nina
11-04-2005, 10:33 AM
The option was to either bump this, make a new thread or dont rant at all.
I chose to bump this.

EVERYONE IS HAVING PMS THE LAST FEW DAYS. What the fuck is wrong with you? Stop dumping whatever problems you have on others, it's fucking annoying and uncessary and simply NOT.NICE.
Shut the fuck up. Thanks.

T-6005
11-04-2005, 10:43 AM
People who create drama. People who live for it, and can survive for weeks on making others unsure of every relationship they've ever had. Those people piss me off. The ones who, whenever you see them have to ask you if anything is wrong, and when you answer "Um... nothing's wrong.", proceed to look at you for a period of 5 to 7 seconds, as if you're going to remember what's gone wrong in your life and pour it out to them.

I'm talking about the people who's lives are so boring that they fill them with other people's problems. Or failing that, convince other people that they have problems.

I hate drama. I believe in not taking anything too seriously, and that the solution to most emotional problems lies in just getting over yourself. People who thrive on drama give advice and walk other people through a cycle of emotional confusion that only makes things worse, but makes the confused person feel like they need the drama-catalystic bitch who's going to ruin their lives if left to run unchecked.

I hate those people.

memento
11-04-2005, 10:59 AM
I hate my fucking shoulders, they always get injuried. It's fucking ridiclous. They are weak as shit and constantly get hurt. FUCKING GAYS!