PDA

View Full Version : be honest... have you ever cheated in an exam???

acgc2002
11-27-2004, 03:01 PM
Come on you guys... I wonder if you ever cheated in an exam/evaluation/proof/ whatever... either at school, uni or anywhere else you have to write and it was worth a grade?

wheelchairman
11-27-2004, 03:02 PM
She didn't answer her own question. I'm betting she's from the Ministry of Education.

Vera
11-27-2004, 03:04 PM
In elementary school I might have. I used to copy math answers from a friend during lessons (not during exams) because I was really slow at math and embarrassed about it.

Math-haters 4 lyfe.

evilmonkey
11-27-2004, 03:05 PM
i don't trust it, it's a trap. She must be one of my teachers...

acgc2002
11-27-2004, 03:06 PM
hehehehe... wrong answer.
Much on the contrary... I am a law student and... you must admit we donīt cheat... we just...make some consultation to the material...
hihihi...
It is hard...some subjects like criminal law I hate, and I never study. So, in order to pass, I have to cheat.
The other subjects I study decently. :)
PS: I never cheated in at school. This shit started at uni!!!

Andrew14
11-27-2004, 03:06 PM
yes and im not worried because shes not my teacher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

and shes not a teach

JoY
11-27-2004, 03:08 PM
-I've copied/pasted bookreports in high school & made slight adjustments.
-I've once copied the answers of the person sitting in front of me, who held his leaf up to reread his answers, in high school, during a History test.
-I've once peeked at the answers of my housemate, when she was sitting next to me, during an at exam (from Cell to Tissue), at university.
-I've programmed my calculator with notes, that would help me during tests & exams at high school.
-I've once, when I was little, made a small map for a Topography test, but I got caught that one time.

I'm a rebel. but I really suck at being one, since my eyes aren't too good, which forces me to study, instead of desperately trying to look at & see someone else's answers. so that's why the amount of times I've brought being a rebel into action is countable on one hand.

Tired_Of_You
11-27-2004, 03:09 PM
Yes, I already cheated before, I probably passed some of my biology and maths exams because of that. I'm so bad.

acgc2002
11-27-2004, 03:09 PM
hmmm... do I look like a teacher??? Damn, I am only 22!!! Guess i will have to make some plastic surgeries in a while!

Tired_Of_You
11-27-2004, 03:11 PM
One of my teachers is like 25 year old so who knows? :D

Toxic Speed Bump
11-27-2004, 03:11 PM
its pretty hard to cheat with out fucking everything up.

acgc2002
11-27-2004, 03:14 PM
its pretty hard to cheat with out fucking everything up.

what do you mean by that?

Toxic Speed Bump
11-27-2004, 03:15 PM
like getting cought or doing it wrong.

Tired_Of_You
11-27-2004, 03:17 PM
Teachers never caught me doing that. Well, I'm thinking about that, they were probably blind.

evilmonkey
11-27-2004, 03:19 PM
my french teacher is deaf

acgc2002
11-27-2004, 03:20 PM
my french teacher is deaf

deaf is not the problem... blind is much better... hihihih.. :)
Unfortunately I never had a criminal law professor that was blind...
it would be a grace...
:)
I would have thanksgiving day all days of the year...
hehe...
:D

Porphyria
11-27-2004, 03:24 PM
i have cheated a few times... during two years, i cheated all my papers in history because the teacher gave a fuck about his pupils cheating... and sometimes in spanish, i have to cheat some words from the vocabulary because of the *peeeeeeep* translations. i hate them...

Vera
11-27-2004, 03:28 PM
like getting cought or doing it wrong.
Exactly. My friend cheated from my paper in one exam without me knowing and copied most of the things I had incorrect. She got a grade worse than mine.

Ha! Served her right. ;p

JoY
11-27-2004, 03:39 PM
cheating always makes me nervous, to the point of an absolute break down. I'm clumsy, on top I don't see very well, I can easily get caught, or copy the answers wrong, or the wrong answers right. UGH.

Vera
11-27-2004, 03:45 PM
The better way is harder but pays off.

Cheating - DON'T DO IT.

JoY
11-27-2004, 03:46 PM
The better way is harder but pays off.

Cheating - DON'T DO IT.
you're such an eye-opener sometimes. ;p

HornyPope
11-27-2004, 03:47 PM
I cheated everytime I got a chane.

Idiot
11-27-2004, 03:50 PM
Not in an exam, but I have in coursework:

In Year 10 (when I was 15), we had to write an essay describing the themes of love and hate in Romeo & Juliet - although I don't mind Shakespeare, I can't stand reading his plays or writing essays on them - I only like watching them being performed.
Anyway, I never ask teachers for help, and I was really stuck after like 2 pages, so I found something relevant on this website that was written by someone else for an essay - I copied some of it, put it into my own words and included it in my essay - ended up being 2 pages worth out of my 6-page essay. Got a grade 'B' in the end. I know its cheating but I didn't feel too guilty because I did put it into my owns and the majority of my essay was my own. Although I did steal a few more ideas from that website... ;)

Vera
11-27-2004, 03:52 PM
A Finnish urban legend tells about a boy who copied his Swedish composition from the internet and his teacher told the class the composition was excellent - too bad it was in Norwegian.

Idiot
11-27-2004, 04:15 PM
Haha, excellent.

JoY
11-27-2004, 04:20 PM
A Finnish urban legend tells about a boy who copied his Swedish composition from the internet and his teacher told the class the composition was excellent - too bad it was in Norwegian.
once one of my best friends made a collection of quotes of several scientific books, that combined had to form her project for her exam. the teacher was so proud of her, she wanted to publish it. of course then she found out it all already had been published several times even & that it wasn't her own work. problem..

HornyPope
11-27-2004, 04:26 PM
I never plagiarized if you consider that "cheating". I could never copy a work entierly or in part and claim it as my own. I never liked what others wrote so I just never copied.

the_GoDdEsS
11-27-2004, 04:27 PM
I've been going to school for 17 years. I've never cheated. Probably because I've never felt like I needed it. Then again, I'm awful scared of failure. Is a literal phobia. So I never dared go to an exam without being prepared 100%.

wliethof
11-27-2004, 04:29 PM
never have on important things. too scared i get caught.

Betty
11-27-2004, 04:37 PM
I don't cheat. I don't think it's right.

Also, at university there are huge ramifications to it. Like, getting kicked out of school for instance. But that's not even why I don't do it.

Idiot
11-27-2004, 04:43 PM
I don't cheat. I don't think it's right.

You "don't think it's right" - surely you should know it isn't right.

JoY
11-27-2004, 04:48 PM
*sings*...it's not right, but it's okay...*sings*

Not Ozymandias
11-27-2004, 04:51 PM
Of course. Cheat to win.

Izie
11-27-2004, 05:06 PM
Yes, all western kids find cheating absolutely wrong, yet it was absolutely normal in my school/high school. You were considered a freak if you wouldn't help others/ask for help.

I was semi-freak.

I've never found cheating interesting in the means of getting answers from someone else. I prefered just learning the crap, because making cheating papers/trying to copy from another person would have taken much more time anyway. And I don't believe other people's knwoledge more than my own.

On the other hand, I was the origin of a bazillion cheat papers for my classmates. Oh, and whispering during oral questioning... That's a normal one too.

The thing I generaly extremely disliked was copying from my paper without my permit, and then taking all the credit for yourself. Needless to say, that kind of people never got a single cheat from me in their lives. But I'm proud to say I've saved some good friends from flunking.

Layna
11-27-2004, 05:12 PM
Ohh yeahh it's like a hobby, but sometimes i feel really really bad.

latinospunkunidos
11-27-2004, 06:06 PM
Come on you guys... I wonder if you ever cheated in an exam/evaluation/proof/ whatever... either at school, uni or anywhere else you have to write and it was worth a grade?

what an stupid question!... all of you.. faggots for answering... no duhhhhhhhhh FAGGOTS FAGGOTS FAGGOTS FAGGOTS

Nicole
11-27-2004, 08:13 PM
I used to cheat when I was in years 8,9 and 10. Everything after that was my own work, it just didn't seem worth being caught out in an exam that was worth 50% of the semester.

Mota Boy
11-27-2004, 09:51 PM
I really don't have that many qualms with cheating. Some people have equated plagiarism with cheating, and I've never done that. I value papers as original pieces of work that I'm often fairly proud of; I'd never feel comfortable using someone else's words. Tests, however, I think are fairly bullshit. I'll never sneak in notes, but I don't mind looking off other people's exams. Especially on multiple choice tests when I'm trying to choose between two answers, but usually I trust myself more than the people sitting around me.

RXP
11-28-2004, 02:06 AM
I can honestly say I've never cheated in an exam that counted. I've chated in class tests but not the real ones you know that go down.

But I have, however, cheated on my courseworks that actually counted. We all used to kinda work together and cheat alot. I did also cheat in an asessed essay which was timed where I just brought the typed sheet out and copied it out. I was gonna do it legit but I got pissed off cause everyone else was cheating so I did too.

OMFG I'm gonna burn in hell :-<

Subsidal
11-28-2004, 02:11 AM
I never cheated. The only thing I did was coping others homework and I stopped doing that years ago

DirtyMagical
11-28-2004, 02:13 AM
heh, the last exam that I wrote I cheated on....

My teacher was in a meeting at the time, and i could discuss the exam with my friend, so I wrote down some questions on a piece of paper, and she went to a computer in a deifferent room and printed out all the right answers, and the ones she didn't get, well my friend called my phone and found those out too...

i don't think i'm making any sense... sorry folks.

punk_flamingo
11-28-2004, 02:28 AM
meaningless tests, one GCSE exam...which doenst count in Australia anyway,

thats about it.

I didnt really see the point of cheating to be honest - and the only reason I cheated in GCSE was because my best mate was next to me in the room and I could see on her paper...and it was a stupid Physics question.

I got an A* for it anyway, didnt really matter in the end....

Obie2trice
11-28-2004, 02:39 AM
*sings*...it's not right, but it's okay...*sings*

I agree with you!

ThrashedThrasher
11-28-2004, 03:48 PM
Eh a couple times in math...I hate math.
And on our 1st trimester physics test haha I was too lazy to do it in my head so I stole the answer sheet out of the absent book.

Moose
11-28-2004, 03:58 PM
be honest, is this a stupid fucking topic?