PDA

View Full Version : It really sucks that people who have always gone out of their way to hurt the board

Not Ozymandias
10-20-2005, 10:29 PM
are still allowed to post at all.

Good night.

Drummerguy123
10-20-2005, 10:30 PM
I didn't mean to hurt the board, I just wanted the Say Whatever thread back.

RedXIII
10-20-2005, 10:31 PM
Please forgive the dogman. He is cool. The others must be crucified. Or stoned.

Homer
10-20-2005, 10:32 PM
I didn't mean to hurt the board, I just wanted the Say Whatever thread back.

Then ask for it in an intelligent and convicing way. Don't act all childish.

Drummerguy123
10-20-2005, 10:33 PM
Please forgive the dogman. He is cool. The others must be crucified. Or stoned.

hey, it's Drummerguy. ( or Thomas, whichever....)

Drummerguy123
10-20-2005, 10:33 PM
Then ask for it in an intelligent and convicing way. Don't act all childish.

I did and you would have seen it if you were on earlier.

EDIT: How is what I did childish? I didn't take this as far as it went. It was the others that did that.

Rag Doll
10-20-2005, 10:34 PM
i totally agree with Not Ozy.

uck.

RedXIII
10-20-2005, 10:36 PM
Erm...forgot the 'F' :p

Tizzalicious
10-20-2005, 10:36 PM
I don't know Ozy. There is a bizarre indiscrepency between the intensity of your emotion on the subject, and the amount of actual time you spend here. That being you seem to care a lot, but you don't really come here often.

- WCM & Tizz

Drummerguy123
10-20-2005, 10:40 PM
I don't know Ozy. There is a bizarre indiscrepency between the intensity of your emotion on the subject, and the amount of actual time you spend here. That being you seem to care a lot, but you don't really come here often.

- WCM & Tizz

Who whose side are you two on, then?

KingPin
10-20-2005, 10:42 PM
So who are the big playa's on this site?

Tizzalicious
10-20-2005, 10:43 PM
Who whose side are you two on, then?
Sides has nothing to do with it. The Us vs. Them mentality is something people do to stroke their victim-egos. You are dumb and Dave went nuts, is about as simple as it gets.

- WCM and Tizz

KingPin
10-20-2005, 10:46 PM
Fuck this, the offspring are shit and so are the people on this site (apart T.O.M who is right behind me) im leaving.

Drummerguy123
10-20-2005, 10:49 PM
Sides has nothing to do with it. The Us vs. Them mentality is something people do to stroke their victim-egos. You are dumb and Dave went nuts, is about as simple as it gets.

- WCM and Tizz

I didn't mean Us vs. Them. I meant do you want SWOYM back or not. After all, that is what this whole thing is about.

bd007h
10-20-2005, 10:53 PM
the best way to make Dave even think about bringing it back is to stop making such a big deal about it.

Drummerguy123
10-20-2005, 10:57 PM
I doubt it.

Not Ozymandias
10-20-2005, 11:37 PM

- WCM & Tizz
I come here almost daily, aside from a 2 1/2 week period where I was barely here because my computer broke, but on average I'm here fairly often.

I don't know how someone couldn't care that retards are constantly fucking the boards up. This is nothing new, and it never ends.

Not Ozymandias
10-20-2005, 11:39 PM
Dave went nuts
You're crazy, he did what needed to be done and it was about time that someone did. As soon as you tolerate retards who flood you can kiss any chance of a good board goodbye.

T-6005
10-21-2005, 12:35 AM
A board with a point, that is. I mean, there are those of us with a minimum of mental ability who would rather read posts that have a point than things like topics and entire threads with nothing other than the letter "b" in them. TUNB pretty much deleted some slightly more complex versions of that thread. And I think he did right.

Nina
10-21-2005, 02:12 AM
I agree with you. I wish there was more to say :/

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-21-2005, 02:33 AM

- WCM and Tizz

Dave FOLLOWED YOUR ADVICE. You TOLD me to start being harder on people and now you're backtracking.

Anyway, as a mod the only people I answer to are the admins are they're not fussed. I'm not going to defend myself anymore on this issue.

BREAK
10-21-2005, 03:01 AM
*applauds obnoxiously* My FUCKING hero.

*tears brim around the lids of my eyes as I contemplate the beauty & moral rectitude the human race can sometimes, in those few noteworthy cases, be capable of*

HornyPope
10-21-2005, 05:11 AM
Not sure if I follow the incident, but those long-ass topics should have never been touched. Anything non-spam should be treated with indifference as far as one's authority is concerned.

the_offsprings_monkey
10-21-2005, 05:18 AM
Shut up Dave you're the worst excuse for a mod I have ever seen, and yes I know I'm the wost excuse of a member you have ever seen.. Great ain't it.

Nicole
10-21-2005, 05:20 AM

- WCM & Tizz

Doesn't that tell you something about the quality (or lack of) of the posts?

I can't even count how many times I will read this board and have absolutely nothing to contribute. And I check this at least once a week when I have internet access.

Ironically enough I only seem to be contributing to the whinging-about-the-board topics lately. Maybe it's just nostalgia. At least back in the day I had some idea about the people behind the topics I didn't like. Now there's so many of them and I don't have time to keep up with this shit.

memento
10-21-2005, 05:26 AM
The Us vs. Them mentality is something people do to stroke their victim-egos.

Isn't that what the workers do?

Tizzalicious
10-21-2005, 06:02 AM
T-6005 - You do realize that what you read here is quite selective right? You chose what to read.

Dave, I meant be harder on those that spam. People like Yay! or HeadAroundU. I never said go around closing things you hate because you have a dislike towards them. That is too much. You told me you had calmed down on the mod-stuff, I had told you that it was good.

- WCM

platinumpt
10-21-2005, 07:04 AM
EDIT: How is what I did childish? I didn't take this as far as it went. It was the others that did that.
Actually he's right about the final part. I took a screenshot when that happened, and you can see the guys who created the most threads are duracell, noodles ii, etc. but not Thomas.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b115/platinumpt/holyfuck2.jpg

Drummerguy123
10-21-2005, 07:44 AM
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!! I just want everyone to know that I am over this and don't intend on doing something like this again. But you have to admit, it was pretty funny. At leas I found it funny, but I'm weird like that.

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-21-2005, 09:19 AM
Dave, I meant be harder on those that spam. People like Yay! or HeadAroundU. I never said go around closing things you hate because you have a dislike towards them. That is too much. You told me you had calmed down on the mod-stuff, I had told you that it was good.

- WCM

And how exactly do you propose that I was any harder? I deleted. I recommended to be banned. What else exactly COULD I have done?

the_offsprings_monkey
10-21-2005, 09:21 AM
And how exactly do you propose that I was any harder? I deleted. I recommended to be banned. What else exactly COULD I have done?
YOU are wrong they are RIGHT....End of

Paint_It_Black
10-21-2005, 09:24 AM

He probably means deleting their individual posts. You just took a shortcut. I dson't blame you at all.

Not Ozymandias
10-21-2005, 09:26 AM
Don't let the bleeding-hearts get you riled up, you did only what was necessary.

HornyPope
10-21-2005, 09:32 AM
Deleting those posts hardly counts as necessary. They bothered no one. What we need is simply keep them away from the good topics.

Paint_It_Black
10-21-2005, 09:34 AM
Must have been fun though.

Nina
10-21-2005, 09:35 AM
I agree...but have been a great feeling.
Next time I'll ask for permission to click the button :E

Paint_It_Black
10-21-2005, 09:37 AM
Nina! Your pm box is full.

Little_Miss_1565
10-21-2005, 09:39 AM
I come here almost daily, aside from a 2 1/2 week period where I was barely here because my computer broke, but on average I'm here fairly often.

I don't know how someone couldn't care that retards are constantly fucking the boards up. This is nothing new, and it never ends.

I agree. I come here all the time and don't even want to post most days because of all the childish bullshit.

Nina
10-21-2005, 09:39 AM
Oh wow. I'm an idiot.
Ah well.
PM me ;[

Tizzalicious
10-21-2005, 06:56 PM
I don't get why people should expect everyone to like all the topics? This is a general chat and those threads were not spam. They will not solve any problems. There will always be topics you don't like. I really don't get it, when did we start deleting topics in a general chat forum for being too general?

Another point, when was it ever our place to get so fucking elitist? We're mods, we're arrogant and that is justified. But each and every one of you was one of those little shits 5+ years ago, and that embarrasses you, it was an unnecessary action.

- WCM and Tizz

Sin Studly
10-21-2005, 11:25 PM
Okay, I've had about enough of you two flaming pussies. Why do you care? Everyone whose opinion counts for anything hates those threads. They got deleted. When they existed and we all sat around hating them, your constant defence of them consisted of "Why do you even care, why do you even care?". Well now the shoes on the other foot, and I intent to kick you square in the damn kidneys with it.

Why, do you care enough that it was deleted that you're making countless posts defending the... the... *spits out the word* the peasants, over your own kind, the 1337 aristocracy? What in God's name has gotten into you, Per? Why do you care? Honestly. At least I admitted the threads existence bothered me because I was petty and childish and hated to see people that stupid enjoying themselves, and wanted to ruin their fun. Why do you care that its been deleted? Is it part of your vaginal-bleeding overly idealistic and naive communism shit? Is it from some misguided notion that people have rights? Cause seriously man, they don't.

I call for the official board of the Secret Society of the BBS 1337 to consider the revokation of Per and Maartje's memberships, defrock them of their Super Secret Silly Costumes, cut off their 1337 membership tattoos, and change our Super Secret handshake, before we banish them forever into the wilderness. Line up behind me for the final banishment ceremonies.

*walks up to Per, tears a small patch of cloth from his shirt, spits in his face*

*turns back on him*

Human
10-21-2005, 11:27 PM
Sin, I made clubs and secret handshakes when I was 5. Retard...

Sunny
10-21-2005, 11:29 PM
did you just hear that "whoooosh" sound?

Sin Studly
10-21-2005, 11:36 PM
I think it was coming from someplace above the little kyke's head.

*stands aside for the next member to tear off a patch of shirt and spit in Per's face*

Mota Boy
10-22-2005, 12:00 AM
Ironically enough I only seem to be contributing to the whinging-about-the-board topics lately. Maybe it's just nostalgia.
Hah, the whinging-about-the-board nostalgia? Complaining about the boards has gone on forever... though I agree that it seems to have gotten especially mindless in the last couple years.

We were so damn spoiled by the old BBS.

HornyPope
10-22-2005, 12:36 AM
Why do you care?

It's called a principle. Not sure if you have that.

See, I don't care enough either way, but if I let my opinion known on an issue, i'll stick by it. It's not like there's a fight over it.

Tizzalicious
10-22-2005, 04:59 AM
It would be a principled thing Justin. I've never replied to those threads, nor do I care about them. However closing them was a pointless act. It won't make the peasants any smarter. It won't make the peasants go away. In fact, it'll piss off the peasants and they'll start posting in threads that we enjoy, more often.

There's just no reason for those threads to be closed. It'll do more harm than good. Anyone can see that. I can understand closing them for spite, since that is kinda funny. But then again all you'd be doing is teasing a bunch of a-social pubescent masturbators.

- WCM

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-22-2005, 05:00 AM
I've already given my reasons on this. It's all dying away now anyway, can't we just let it be?

Slim Pickens The Bomb Rider
10-22-2005, 05:25 AM
Yeah just let it be, it's not like somebody died or something...

Tizzalicious
10-22-2005, 06:39 AM
Except you haven't given me your reasons Dave. When I first asked, I got a

"Hush children, and shine my shoes."

Then I asked again, and you told me you were cleaning up your forum.

Then I asked again and you told me that I told you to be more strict.

None of those really explain it though.

Sin Studly
10-22-2005, 07:21 AM
You don't deserve a reason from Dave. Nobody does. The fact that it pissed off a bunch of socially-retarded idiots is good enough to justify it happening, for whatever reason.

Paint_It_Black
10-22-2005, 07:36 AM
I like the aristocracy vs peasant way of looking at it, though it doesn't quite work. Aristocracy generally have to keep the peasants at least fairly content, or there can be dire repercussions. A bunch of morons creating 3 pages of spam just isn't really the same. It took Dave about 5 minutes to clean it up, from what I could tell.

Sin Studly
10-22-2005, 07:42 AM
What does that make me, the Imperial Axeman?

Paint_It_Black
10-22-2005, 07:50 AM
You? You don't really have anything to do with this. Yet you manage to upset the peasants more than any mod ever will. You're more an anthropomorphic personification of a natural disaster. You're Hurricane Justin.

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-22-2005, 08:25 AM
Except you haven't given me your reasons Dave. When I first asked, I got a

"Hush children, and shine my shoes."

Then I asked again, and you told me you were cleaning up your forum.

Then I asked again and you told me that I told you to be more strict.

None of those really explain it though.

I haven't given my reasons specifically to you, but I have posted them.

Paint_It_Black
10-22-2005, 08:38 AM
Hmm, I foresee only one way to settle this dissention within the ranks. TUNB, you must call the banners of General Chat, and march forth to war against the upstart patriarch of Other Bands.

Sin Studly
10-22-2005, 09:31 AM
You? You don't really have anything to do with this. Yet you manage to upset the peasants more than any mod ever will. You're more an anthropomorphic personification of a natural disaster. You're Hurricane Justin.

I'd rather be something cool like the Bubonic Plague. :(

Paint_It_Black
10-22-2005, 10:01 AM
And actually, the first thing I thought of was War, Famine, Pestilence and Death. Feel better now?

Not Ozymandias
10-22-2005, 10:22 AM
It makes me sick that the thread was put back up, now all the retards have to do to get their way is spam the board with endless threads.

Good job, you humorless uptight cunts.

memento
10-22-2005, 10:44 AM
Sin, Per IMO is a very principled man therefore even if the principle means he doesn't enjoy something as much the principle wins. I am the same. I've made myself unhappy purely on principle. But I cannot chose to go against my principles.

I think it's also called integrity.

Paint_It_Black
10-22-2005, 10:52 AM
You'll outgrow it. We all start out with integrity.

Sin Studly
10-22-2005, 11:11 AM
And actually, the first thing I thought of was War, Famine, Pestilence and Death. Feel better now?

Yes. Insanely so.

Ozymandius ; Agreed completely.

Dush ; I don't understand.

Tizzalicious
10-22-2005, 02:20 PM
Getting rid of those threads didn't get rid of the dumb people. It didn't make them say more intelligent things. In fact, all it did cause was a lot more spam. This would be acceptable, if we could then ban them. But we can't, so we stirred the shit just to sit in it. Besides that, it's general chat. Where things should be general anyways. It could be worse, we don't have those "Longest Thread Ever" threads. Nor do we have counting topics anymore (no one seemed bothered by those back in the day), either/or is ignored, etc. We had like 2 or 3 topics like that. And you know what? No one who was anyone, actually read them anyways.

Why wasn't +/- deleted then? It's the exact same idea.

- WCM

Sin Studly
10-23-2005, 08:58 AM
Because people who count like -/+. Personally I'd want it deleted, but if I were Almight Mod I'd spare it out of deference to them. Nobody who counts likes SWOYM. So it dies.

Ain't no democracy here, boy.

Preocupado
10-23-2005, 10:41 AM
Good riddance, stupid thread.