PDA

View Full Version : you think you're bored??

JoY
10-21-2005, 03:19 PM
try sitting in a fucking chair for two days. let alone a WEEK. try laying in your bed, until your mommy makes sure you get to the toilet safe, you get to the bathroom safe, you get in the bath safe, while keeping your right leg as dry as possible. try walking around with merely your hands, left leg & crutches, which basically means your ulnair nerve shuts off & the left side of your hands go limp. try walking around on crutches, just for a fucking DAY, & you'll know you can't even carry a pack of cigarettes to the seat where you want to smoke them. just... TRY LIVING WITH A LEG LIKE THAT.

I'm bored. out of my mind. entertain me, or I'll make sure my hunting boyfriend shoots you.

_ߥ_vil_
10-21-2005, 03:32 PM
Awww JoY...How'd you hurt ya leg?
:(

the_offsprings_monkey
10-21-2005, 03:38 PM
Try walking it off, I hear this works wonders for a broken leg.

Offspring7
10-21-2005, 03:42 PM
wait you hurt your leg? your on crutches? man that sucks. my best friend has a stress fracture right now and is on crutches. i tried playing with her crutches for ten minutes and i don't think i would survive. i think your name is bella...sorry bella for having to be on crutches. i hope you get better fast.

JoY
10-21-2005, 03:50 PM
two years ago *the epic tale begins* I broke my precious right leg, when I drove home drunk & fell off my bike. I went to bed, had a good night sleep, but woke up the next morning with a horrendously hurting & huge ankle. this was worrying, but I decided to deny the pain & the China-size of my leg, until I'd die. well, until the pain drove me insane & I got worried. I went to the hospital & it was no surprise that my leg was broken.

two years later, 18-10-2005 (or 10-18, as you might call it), a famous Dutch doctor operated my right ankle, because it hadn't healed very well. the cartilage was extremely damaged, there were lose bone-pieces floating around in my ankle & the bone was already degrading & wearing out, because the cartilage was in such bad shape. now my ankle is blue, swollen, painfull & overal just ugly looking & feeling. thank GOD this won't last as long as a broken leg, but still, even a day of not being able to walk is -toooo- goddamn long. I've already spent three fucking months on a couch, my time is done. I don't deserve all this crap for being really, really, really, very, very drunk one time. or two. or fifty.

Edit: & the chance this operation was successful is 40%. =( *sigh*

JoY
10-21-2005, 03:53 PM
a big thank you to everyone, who's showing some sort of sympathy. *tiny smile*

Offspring7
10-21-2005, 03:54 PM
haha...but you said you wanted entertainment as well. what entertains you?

Nirushika6789
10-21-2005, 03:54 PM
aww thats awful...ive never broke my leg but i can imagine how bored and sore you must be

i hope you get well soon :D

Digger
10-21-2005, 03:56 PM
try sitting in a fucking chair for two days. let alone a WEEK. try laying in your bed, until your mommy makes sure you get to the toilet safe, you get to the bathroom safe, you get in the bath safe, while keeping your right leg as dry as possible. try walking around with merely your hands, left leg & crutches, which basically means your ulnair nerve shuts off & the left side of your hands go limp. try walking around on crutches, just for a fucking DAY, & you'll know you can't even carry a pack of cigarettes to the seat where you want to smoke them. just... TRY LIVING WITH A LEG LIKE THAT.

I'm bored. out of my mind. entertain me, or I'll make sure my hunting boyfriend shoots you.

gotca buddy Christmas eve I tore out my left achillies tendon
six weeks in that cast that tried to casterate me.
was on crutches 12 weeks. Last six weeks had cast ended just above the knee :(
could you direct me to someone that is a vegan?

Digger
10-21-2005, 04:01 PM

gotca buddy Christmas eve I tore out my left achillies tendon
six weeks in that cast that tried to casterate me.
was on crutches 12 weeks. Last six weeks had cast ended just above the knee :(
could you direct me to someone that is a vegan?

JoY
10-21-2005, 04:09 PM
haha...but you said you wanted entertainment as well. what entertains you?
at the moment? my desperate quest for crisps. couldn't find any, so now I'm bored again.

Nirushika - I don't want to be mean, but you can't. seriously, it sucks so bad. I even rate this (as a whole, so plus the original broken leg & ankle) to be way suckier than my meningitis. either way, thanks for le niceness. =)

Digger - I don't know who the fuck your doc was, but he's pulled you something. seriously. that's a rather unusual treatment for a torn achilles tendon. but yeah, it's reasonable that you were on crutches for a long time.

the first 1.5 week after I broke my ankle & leg (two breaks, by the way, in two different bones), I couldn't hold my leg vertical. that basically means you can't even get up to go to the toilet. GRAH, those were the most frustrating ten days in my life. well, kind of, almost. after that, I walked on crutches for three months. & NOW the same shit is bothering me again. *sigh*

Sunny
10-21-2005, 04:12 PM
oh isaface. i'm sorry. :[ i hope the operation was successful, and that your poor ankle heals real fast.

*sunnyhug!*

JoY
10-21-2005, 04:18 PM
*cuddles* le life sucks. but yeah, I can't possibly say if the operation was successful or not.. but I think so? it just has to be so.

so yeah, if this works out well, I'm really happies. because that'd mean I can dance, shop, take walks, go out, etc again. *happy sigh*

Trippy
10-21-2005, 04:23 PM
entertain me,

http://www.sbac.edu/~tpl/clipart/Holidays/Clown%2001.jpg

JoY
10-21-2005, 04:39 PM
nice attempt, but definitely failed..

Nirushika6789
10-21-2005, 04:40 PM
cute?
http://www.cats.org.il/eng/images/ecard_get_well.jpg

:D

T-6005
10-21-2005, 04:41 PM
Yeah, my dad once broke both his hips in a car accident - he was in a wheelchair for 6 months and absolutely hated it. Not that he's a really physical person normally, but the lack of freedom pissed him off. And I've personally fucked up my leg a few times, one very bad strain that had me on crutches for weeks, but I've never broken it. So I do sort of understand your situation - if only a little.

I hope you feel better soon, and that the operation was successful.

Human
10-21-2005, 04:41 PM
Poor Joy. I hope you feel better. :(

Trippy
10-21-2005, 04:42 PM
http://www.sonoma.edu/star/images/edition_14/Boyfriend-Giving-Flowers-gr.jpg

JoY
10-21-2005, 04:44 PM
T-6005, that's exactly what it is. the lack of freedom. just not being able to get up & switch the goddam channel on the television. or to get up & get yourself an apple. I have to -ask- for every goddam cup of tea, for everything I consume & for everything I need, or want to do. it makes you feel so incredibly helpless. :/

thanks everyone. I must say, you all are trs schweet.

nieh
10-21-2005, 05:03 PM
long story

As sorry as I am that you have to deal with all this stuff now, I still can't help but giggle at you because of the reason why. Sorry!

memento
10-21-2005, 05:04 PM
if I get injuried I wanna cry so I don't know what the fuck I'd do if I broke something. Touch wood it never happens. But not much I can say to make you feel better so......

Obie2trice
10-21-2005, 05:08 PM
Good luck Joy, just a couple of weeks and you will walk like everybody else again!

JoY
10-21-2005, 05:13 PM
As sorry as I am that you have to deal with all this stuff now, I still can't help but giggle at you because of the reason why. Sorry!
*gives you a girly pinch* FEEL SORRY FOR ME!

...ohkay, you're allowed to giggle. it kind of IS a rediculous story. even my -parents- still manage to laugh at it (& at me, unfortunately).

Obie - let's just hope so. there's only one doc on the planet that can do this operation, since it's so fucking risky. if he hit one nerve, I won't ever be able to walk with that leg again, so yeah.. let's just hope it all worked out well. it's a comfort he's about the most well-known doc in Europe & America, when it comes to ankles.

Dush - what?

Obie2trice
10-21-2005, 05:15 PM

...ohkay, you're allowed to giggle. it kind of IS a rediculous story. even my -parents- still manage to laugh at it (& at me, unfortunately).

Obie - let's just hope so. there's only one doc on the planet that can do this operation, since it's so fucking risky. if he hit one nerve, I won't ever be able to walk with that leg again, so yeah.. let's just hope it all worked out well. it's a comfort he's about the most well-known doc in Europe & America, when it comes to ankles.

Dush - what?

Then you are a very lucky girl that this docter has done the operation for you.

JoY
10-21-2005, 05:19 PM
I am! but to be honest, I had a feeling I deserved to be lucky for once. imagine how unlucky you feel, when you fall off your bike drunk & break your leg.

nieh
10-21-2005, 05:24 PM

Teeheehee! I just had a band-aid on my finger for a couple hours which was severely limiting my typing ability, so I know exactly how you feel.

JoY
10-21-2005, 05:36 PM
*bursts into laughter*

what sympathy!! <3

SkunkIt
10-21-2005, 06:53 PM
I sparkalized your username:

http://img475.imageshack.us/img475/7673/joy0oi.gif

JoY
10-21-2005, 06:54 PM
whoop, that's pretty!! =D

Nicole
10-21-2005, 07:01 PM
Oh crap I hadn't realised things hadn't gone so well with your leg. Hope it heals up properly this time. I'd come over and entertain you if I could. *hugs*

JoY
10-21-2005, 07:31 PM
*hug* thanks, babes. I'm sure I'll be fine. I'm just abusing the oportunity to rant like I've never ranted in my life. ;p wah, but it does seriously suck, though.

Nicole
10-21-2005, 07:41 PM
Getting sympathy can have it's advantages though. I'd totally milk it.

JoY
10-21-2005, 07:45 PM
hahaha, chika, I'm at my parents' right now. what do you expect I'm doing? I'm going back to Amsterdam tomorrow in daddy's Le Baron with tons of groceries (after all, I can't drag myself all the way to the supermarket on one leg) & 100 euro for taxis, whenever I need them. (& I -will- need them)

I just totally killed the sympathy. didn't I? :/

Nicole
10-21-2005, 07:55 PM
I envy you. I wish I could pull that much sympathy. The most sympathy I got last time I was sick was a night on the couch and I even had to fight for that.

dalaksta
10-21-2005, 09:30 PM
hey man i knew a kid who broke both legs and a coller bone

JoY
10-22-2005, 06:22 AM
I envy you. I wish I could pull that much sympathy. The most sympathy I got last time I was sick was a night on the couch and I even had to fight for that.
that's just Ivil. I'd spoil you, if you were sick around me. hell, my boyfriend is sick right now & even though I can't walk, I do my best to spoil him. =)

Paint_It_Black
10-22-2005, 07:39 AM
I'm not great at giving sympathy. I can say "that sucks", or something similar, but it just sounds so lame. I could tell a personal story relating to your problem, but that feels too much like trying to steal your sympathy. But, just so I don't seem heartless, this is me making an attempt at sympathy. Because, well, that does suck.

JoY
10-22-2005, 09:05 AM
you don't need to say much. I wasn't really asking for sympathy anyway. well yeah, making a topic IS a rather efficient way of getting it, but it was more about entertainment anyway. just the statement I'm bored like crazy & that some Monopoly, a chat, or -anything-, would do me good.

either way, thanks you. =) & if you can relate & you feel any need to say how, please do & don't let me stop you.

killer_queen
10-22-2005, 09:22 AM
I'm really sorry for you Joy. I hope you'll get your normal life soon. And don't forget, getting bored is way much better than listening people who tell you you're lucky because of not breaking your other leg. I don't know what I should do to entartain you, I might tell you a joke but I don't know any good ones.

Paint_It_Black
10-22-2005, 09:26 AM
Well, I once fucked up my ankle pretty well. Alcohol was involved. Like you, I didn't bother getting any medical attention. I was luckier though. 3 months or so of not being able to walk, and then I was pretty much ok again. It still comes back to haunt me sometimes, I really should have gone to a doctor. But, anyway, I can relate.

JoY
10-22-2005, 09:27 AM
that's the stupid thing. people tend to tell you you're lucky that you didn't get hit by a bus, when you got hit by a car, but having been hit by a bus.. you'd just be even more unlucky.

but I know I sometimes do the same; telling people they're lucky, being unlucky, because they could've been unluckier. it doesn't really make sense, but sometimes it does make someone feel better. personally I think it'd either annoy me, or crack me up.

of course it's unlucky that I broke my leg in such a stupid way & that it didn't properly heal & that now I'm on crutches again. but I'm lucky in a lot of other aspects, so I don't really have the right to complain. well, I do, but I shouldn't. the fact that I -can- complain doesn't mean I -should- complain.

I'm turning this into a completely worthless post. either way, thanks chika. =) I appreciate it.

Sinister
10-22-2005, 09:42 AM
JoY, I'm pretty sure you're in the range of weigth I can carry, and I'd help you if I could. makes you feel any better ?

killer_queen
10-22-2005, 09:43 AM
I don't really have the right to complain. well, I do, but I shouldn't.
No, you should. If you don't complain now when will you do this? If I were you I would call someone -friend, boyfriend, whoever- and use him/her as a slave.

Paint_It_Black
10-22-2005, 09:45 AM
I'd like to offer my services as a slave, though I'm far too highly skilled to be used for anything but bedroom service.

Amanda
10-22-2005, 09:50 AM
Humm, on a similar note, i'm about to get my cast removed. Don't know if i ever mentioned having fractured my ankle by tripping on a phone chord. It was a very stupid thing to do, though im laughing about it now.

voodoomagik
10-22-2005, 10:06 AM
basically my legs are 20 yrs old and my left ankle is about 56 yrs old! i broke it about five or six times at basketball so i kinda understand what ur going through!
*a little tip: don't eat alot!

JoY
10-22-2005, 10:10 AM
Sinister -how very kind. =) & such a charming offer, too!

killer_queen -I'm in Amsterdam now & my boyfriend is lying in the next room. sick. with a huge fever. which basically means I've been slaving -him- all day, because I love the fucker so much, I can't deal with the sight of him in bed. awwz.

Richard -bedroom service would do. & we all know what that means. *winknudge*

Amanda -I've never heard such a similar story of idiocy, that's tragic & hilarious at the same time. with this last post of yours, I now declare this topic one to mock each other in with our stupid legs, one to complain in, one to get sympathy in & one to get laughed at in. awesome.

Paint_It_Black
10-22-2005, 10:22 AM
I love the fucker so much, I can't deal with the sight of him in bed.

Something about that sounds wrong.

JoY
10-22-2005, 10:23 AM
now you've pointed it out.. something really, really does.

Paint_It_Black
10-22-2005, 10:30 AM
If he's not doing it for you, I'm here. I'm a good friend like that.

Nina
10-22-2005, 12:51 PM
but I know I sometimes do the same; telling people they're lucky, being unlucky, because they could've been unluckier. it doesn't really make sense, but sometimes it does make someone feel better. personally I think it'd either annoy me, or crack me up.

I absolutely agree with this.
And I am sorry :(

JoY
10-22-2005, 02:24 PM
aw noes, don't be. I can already limp a bit without crutches. =) aaaand people make fun of me here in the streets of Amsterdam, which sometimes is slightly amusing. it wouldn't be amusing, if I didn't know I'll soon be able to walk again. so that's kind of definitely a plus. I'll be fine.

<3

Vera
10-22-2005, 02:26 PM
BELLLAAAA I'm tipsy and wanna dance with yooooo.

Nina
10-22-2005, 02:26 PM
You're really brave. Seriously.
I would have died by now :O

JoY
10-22-2005, 02:31 PM
Sannnnniiiii, I wanna dance with you tooooo!! let's e-dance. ;p

*walses around*

Nins, I've had my share of rants, screams, cries about all this. don't worry, I can be a frustrated little firecracker sometimes too. ;p
how is your foot, by the way? feeling any better?

Vera
10-22-2005, 02:35 PM
*e-dances*

*does teh polka*

Amanda
10-22-2005, 02:38 PM
How long are you gonna have to keep that cast joy?

JoY
10-22-2005, 02:44 PM
I'm not in cast, because my leg isn't broken anymore. they just operated it, so I got bandage & all that jazz. I cut it off on Thursday. a bit early, but I simply couldn't wait & I wanted to see what the wounds looked like. I'm still keeping the wounds dry, so they can heal nicely & the scars won't turn out ugly. it all looks a bit weird, swollen, blue/gray-ish, scary & my foot, ankle & leg feel incredibly weak, limp & rubber-ish, but it seems to be healing nicely. =)

Nirushika6789
10-22-2005, 03:01 PM
it seems to be healing nicely. =)
YAY...lol
http://school.elps.k12.mi.us/donley/classrooms/berry/sitton_spelling_activities/2ndgrade_spelling/unit12/cartoon_dog_happy_hg_clr.gif

;)
kind of looks like a dog, a rabbit and a horse all rolled into one lol

Amanda
10-22-2005, 03:07 PM
I'm not in cast, because my leg isn't broken anymore. they just operated it, so I got bandage & all that jazz. I cut it off on Thursday. a bit early, but I simply couldn't wait & I wanted to see what the wounds looked like. I'm still keeping the wounds dry, so they can heal nicely & the scars won't turn out ugly. it all looks a bit weird, swollen, blue/gray-ish, scary & my foot, ankle & leg feel incredibly weak, limp & rubber-ish, but it seems to be healing nicely. =)
That's nice. You've probaly mentioned this already, but how did you manage to hurt your leg like that?

Human
10-22-2005, 03:08 PM
two years ago *the epic tale begins* I broke my precious right leg, when I drove home drunk & fell off my bike. I went to bed, had a good night sleep, but woke up the next morning with a horrendously hurting & huge ankle. this was worrying, but I decided to deny the pain & the China-size of my leg, until I'd die. well, until the pain drove me insane & I got worried. I went to the hospital & it was no surprise that my leg was broken.

two years later, 18-10-2005 (or 10-18, as you might call it), a famous Dutch doctor operated my right ankle, because it hadn't healed very well. the cartilage was extremely damaged, there were lose bone-pieces floating around in my ankle & the bone was already degrading & wearing out, because the cartilage was in such bad shape. now my ankle is blue, swollen, painfull & overal just ugly looking & feeling. thank GOD this won't last as long as a broken leg, but still, even a day of not being able to walk is -toooo- goddamn long. I've already spent three fucking months on a couch, my time is done. I don't deserve all this crap for being really, really, really, very, very drunk one time. or two. or fifty.

Edit: & the chance this operation was successful is 40%. =( *sigh*
This is for amanda.

Amanda
10-22-2005, 03:22 PM
This is for amanda.
Thanks Human. Wow, thats one huge soap opera, all over a broken leg. I'm glad the phone chord took mercy on me and only fractured my poor ankle. Its healing well.

T-6005
10-22-2005, 03:31 PM
Ever noticed how very few people ever break their legs in a way that makes other people go "wow, that's so intense"? The last time I screwed up my ankle I was juggling a soccer ball and accidentally rolled over my ankle after jumping for it. I ended being carried to the nurse's by my friend. Very embarrassing moment - it was in the middle of my PE class and no one offered any sympathy.

JoY
10-23-2005, 04:28 AM
the stupid thing is, I've done so many things with a risk of breaking my leg, that would've made a MUCH better story, than falling off your bike drunk. but I just never broke it.

Kitten
10-23-2005, 05:49 AM
the stupid thing is, I've done so many things with a risk of breaking my leg, that would've made a MUCH better story, than falling off your bike drunk. but I just never broke it.

I hope you get better, though no doubt you will, seeing as you are young and in a healthy state. :)
I have only ever broken my nose, and I broke that damn thing twice. In about 6 months. Though it didn't actually hurt in a bad degree.
As for entertainment, there is mindless entertainment to be had at neopets. All sorts of games on there, they might keep you occupied.