PDA

View Full Version : The newest bestest trend

Paint_It_Black
10-22-2005, 07:10 AM
Quoting me in your sig. Hey everyone, what's that? Oooh, it's a bandwagon, let's jump on! Seriously, keep this trend going. I love seeing myself everywhere. My goal is eventually to never have to post, because my words of wisdom will appear under everyone else's.

killer_queen
10-22-2005, 07:12 AM
^ I'm sure this one will be on someone's sig.

0r4ng3
10-22-2005, 07:15 AM
Unfortunately, I am not a bandwagon-jumper.

Edit: Shit.

Amanda
10-22-2005, 07:17 AM
Ooh i want that one!

0r4ng3
10-22-2005, 07:19 AM
Fine, just give me a minute to find a new quote.

Paint_It_Black
10-22-2005, 07:19 AM
^ I'm sure this one will be on someone's sig.

We can only hope.

Hey, looks like you need a signature...

Paint_It_Black
10-22-2005, 07:21 AM
Fine, just give me a minute to find a new quote.

As long as it's one of mine.

Amanda
10-22-2005, 07:21 AM
No need to hope.

0r4ng3
10-22-2005, 07:22 AM
As long as it's one of mine.
Aww, does it have to? I said I wasn't jumping on the bandwagon. In fact, I'm jumping off this one, and onto the other one.

Edit: Oh, I thought you meant you wanted my old sig.

Amanda
10-22-2005, 07:25 AM
Aww, does it have to? I said I wasn't jumping on the bandwagon. In fact, I'm jumping off this one, and onto the other one.

I did, but then i figured i should just get a new one. Btw i like ur new sig.

killer_queen
10-22-2005, 07:25 AM
Hey, looks like you need a signature...
Unfortunatley someone was faster than me. If you really want to be on my sig tell how great I am.

Paint_It_Black
10-22-2005, 07:26 AM
No need to hope.

Awesome.

All I have to do is come up with something slightly witty and orange related and you'll sig me for life. Or another day or two, at least. Hmm, actually forget witty. Let's try this. 0r4ng3 is awesome!!!
I'm selling my soul, and worse, my credibility, to get sigged.

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-22-2005, 07:27 AM
I rarely put quotes in my sig anymore. I challenge you PIB, say something TUNB-sig-worthy.

voodoomagik
10-22-2005, 07:28 AM
i don't know what's wrong with my sig! it's not available! :confused:

Amanda
10-22-2005, 07:28 AM
Lol sell out.

Paint_It_Black
10-22-2005, 07:30 AM
To be TUNB sig worthy it would have to be natural. I couldn't buy you off with something cheap and forced, and flattery probably wouldn't work. You pose an intriguing challenge, nightbringer.

Paint_It_Black
10-22-2005, 07:33 AM
Unfortunatley someone was faster than me. If you really want to be on my sig tell how great I am.

I already went that route with orange. You're a bit of a mystery to me so far, I haven't figured out yet how to charm your pants off. But I will.

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-22-2005, 07:35 AM
To be TUNB sig worthy it would have to be natural. I couldn't buy you off with something cheap and forced, and flattery probably wouldn't work. You pose an intriguing challenge, nightbringer.

I do indeed. Though you've made me laugh many, many times. I'm sure you'll do it eventually.

Conspiracy of One
10-22-2005, 07:37 AM
Paint it black, as much as it will raise the self esteem of the noobs here and some of the other losers, it won't do much for the rest of us. Unless of course you say something really sigworthy. And goodmorning

0r4ng3
10-22-2005, 07:37 AM
I already went that route with orange. You're a bit of a mystery to me so far, I haven't figured out yet how to charm your pants off. But I will.
Too bad all of my sig quotes never had anything to do with me, and never will. Sorry, but I'm keeping this one for a while.

Amanda
10-22-2005, 07:39 AM
How would quoting him raise anyone's self esteem?

Conspiracy of One
10-22-2005, 07:42 AM
How would quoting him raise anyone's self esteem?

No, like getting to be on the new cool trend. Them thinking they're somewhat cooler for having Paint It Black in their sig.Like for some of the losres last night that were on (Offsprings monkey and friends) they would go crazy on this thread.

Paint_It_Black
10-22-2005, 07:42 AM
Fuck you 0r4ng3, gr33n pwns you anyway.

Paint_It_Black
10-22-2005, 07:44 AM
CO1, you're taking it a bit seriously. I just noticed a couple of people had sigged me, and eboldened by the worship, I decided to bask in its temporary glow.

Conspiracy of One
10-22-2005, 07:46 AM
CO1, you're taking it a bit seriously. I just noticed a couple of people had sigged me, and eboldened by the worship, I decided to bask in it's temporary glow.

Yeah, I know. I would have quoted your last post (pwning or4ng3) but it seemed like you were trying too hard, I dont know. I usually quote the unintentional stupidity and great moments on the board.

Amanda
10-22-2005, 07:47 AM
Hell I was just trying to be humorous, but if turns out to be anything like conspiracy is describing, i'm losing this sig

Paint_It_Black
10-22-2005, 07:51 AM
Jumping off a bandwagon to be cool is as bad as jumping on one.

Paint_It_Black
10-22-2005, 07:54 AM
Yeah, I know. I would have quoted your last post (pwning or4ng3) but it seemed like you were trying too hard, I dont know.

Oh god. You're going to think anything I say now is an effort to get quoted.

Conspiracy of One
10-22-2005, 07:54 AM
^haha, no not really. Just a couple of things in this thread. Im not taking it that seriously

Im not jumping off it to be cool, I was never on it in the first place. Just telling the truth man.

Amanda
10-22-2005, 07:55 AM
I wouldn't be jumping off of it to be cool, i would be jumping off of it to not be lame. There's a slight difference.

Paint_It_Black
10-22-2005, 07:56 AM
Im not jumping off it to be cool, I was never on it in the first place. Just telling the truth man.

I wasn't even saying that to you. CO1, you're killing me. There was no bandwagon. It was a joke, and you've sucked the humour out.

Paint_It_Black
10-22-2005, 07:57 AM
I wouldn't be jumping off of it to be cool, i would be jumping off of it to not be lame. There's a slight difference.

Haha, I like that.

Conspiracy of One
10-22-2005, 07:58 AM
I wasn't even saying that to you. CO1, you're killing me. There was no bandwagon. It was a joke, and you've sucked the humour out.

Yeah alright, ill stop. Last night sorta sucked all the life and humor out of me, dealing with morons till 11:00 at night on this board.

Paint_It_Black
10-22-2005, 08:00 AM
I thought half the morons were your friends.

Amanda
10-22-2005, 08:03 AM
I avoided this place last night. I was still scarred by the "say whatevers.." flooding.

Paint_It_Black
10-22-2005, 08:04 AM
Sshhh, don't mention that. CO1 is probably grieving.

Conspiracy of One
10-22-2005, 08:05 AM
I thought half the morons were your friends.
Funny. No, offspring monkey and human started a new DPC. Which you know ended 3 months ago. So they got duracell and other halfwits to join. And they were talking like they were from the ghetto and stuff, very irritating.
They even made their own DPC forum, lol

JoY
10-22-2005, 08:06 AM
Quoting me in your sig. Hey everyone, what's that? Oooh, it's a bandwagon, let's jump on! Seriously, keep this trend going. I love seeing myself everywhere. My goal is eventually to never have to post, because my words of wisdom will appear under everyone else's.
I quoted you first.

but I removed the quote, because it was getting old. it -was- a good quote though.

Amanda
10-22-2005, 08:07 AM
I still don't know what all this dpc stuff is about, though i was invited to join. Someone enlighten me?

Amanda
10-22-2005, 08:07 AM
I quoted you first.

but I removed the quote, because it was getting old. it -was- a good quote though.
And here I was thinking ii was being all original. You people are killing me.

Conspiracy of One
10-22-2005, 08:09 AM
I still don't know what all this dpc stuff is about, though i was invited to join. Someone enlighten me?
This is the old "CREW" Old DPC (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12784&highlight=DURACELL+PIMP+CREW )

JoY
10-22-2005, 08:10 AM
And here I was thinking ii was being all original. You people are killing me.
jolly, this is my special moment. *happy dance*

Amanda
10-22-2005, 08:11 AM
Someone's already shown me that. I know who was on the old crew and who's on the new one. What i don't know is what they're all about. Like, what do they do?

Paint_It_Black
10-22-2005, 08:12 AM
I quoted you first.

Yes, you took an innocent quote-virgin, and you created a quote-whore.

Amanda
10-22-2005, 08:12 AM
That's terrible. And i love it.

Conspiracy of One
10-22-2005, 08:13 AM
Someone's already shown me that. I know who was on the old crew and who's on the new one. What i don't know is what they're all about. Like, what do they do?

Well it was made to annoy people (members talked like gangsta's using Ebonics) but it backfired so it broke up. All the members quit and we went our seperate ways, most hating each other. I was a spammer tard back then so thats why I joined.

Paint_It_Black
10-22-2005, 08:13 AM

Hmm, could I request that you take that out of here? So far I've done very well at completely ignoring whatever that crap is about.

JoY
10-22-2005, 08:14 AM
*wipes away a happy-tear* how beautifully said.

my work here is done. almost. I haven't taken your picture-virginity yet.

Paint_It_Black
I was a spammer tard back then so thats why I joined.

Sorry, but someone has to say it. Back then = a few months ago.

Amanda
Oops, sorry about that.

killer_queen
10-22-2005, 08:15 AM
This is not good enough. No sig is better.

Paint_It_Black
10-22-2005, 08:16 AM
*wipes away a happy-tear* how beautifully said.

my work here is done. almost. I haven't taken your picture-virginity yet.

Out of everyone here, only Nina has my picture. I don't plan on going photo-whore anytime soon.

Paint_It_Black
10-22-2005, 08:17 AM
This is not good enough. No sig is better.

The whole no sig and no avatar thing is like a tribute to me anyway. I did that for years.

Amanda
10-22-2005, 08:18 AM
Out of everyone here, only Nina has my picture. I don't plan on going photo-whore anytime soon.
Please do *curious*

JoY
10-22-2005, 08:19 AM
you will after I'm done with you. ;p

aw no, I won't force you into photo-whoring. that'd be so brutal!

& may I just say I hate the way my signature looks, but I love every bit of the content. fuck. then why does it look so goddamn terrible??

Paint_It_Black
10-22-2005, 08:23 AM
Maybe just edit it into something easier on the eyes?

"wheel chair man zegt:
and then I think I passed out...the ends of nights don't really exist for me...we probably called Dave."

killer_queen
10-22-2005, 08:25 AM
The whole no sig and no avatar thing is like a tribute to me anyway. I did that for years.
I'd say "great minds think alike" but you are not doing that anymore. I'll put my picture as soon as I get my camera but sig? I don't know, I've never needed and never read a post that I want to see under my replies.

JoY
10-22-2005, 08:30 AM
Maybe just edit it into something easier on the eyes?

"wheel chair man zegt:
and then I think I passed out...the ends of nights don't really exist for me...we probably called Dave."
but that takes away the funniness!!

oh bwah.. I bet a shitload of people don't get the funniness anyway. *sigh*
but in a sneaky way, that makes it even more funny, cuz it's so 1337, ya know?

Paint_It_Black
10-22-2005, 08:32 AM
Avatars are rather interesting. Having a visual aid that you associate with someone seems to have quite a profound effect. For instance, I was accustomed to your old avatar, and when you removed it I found it harder to read your posts. Also, when I finally decided to start using an avatar, it felt like I quickly became more noticed. Could be a coincidence. Interesting though.

Sinister
10-22-2005, 08:34 AM
PIB : yeah. and I guess most regular people noticed mine (since it's so neatly animated, unlike those picture-changing ones.)

0r4ng3
Could be a coincidence. Interesting though.
Not really. People noticed me less when I dropped Mega Man.

Paint_It_Black
but that takes away the funniness!!

oh bwah.. I bet a shitload of people don't get the funniness anyway. *sigh*
but in a sneaky way, that makes it even more funny, cuz it's so 1337, ya know?

Oh, how sweet it must be to dwell amongst the 1337.

I totally didn't get the funniness. And the sad part is, I spent a few minutes trying to figure it out. At least I figured out how to HONK after about 5 minutes, drunk as hell too :P

JoY
10-22-2005, 08:36 AM
no, it's probably true. you have something extra to remember someone by.

I should remove the chocolate-penis some time. maybe. thinking back, I've had a rather great amount of avatars. in my opinion they all rocked, but I've let someone else's opinion influence me many times when it comes to the choice of my avs. because, yeah well, I'm not the only one that has to look at my posts, obviously.

Conspiracy of One
10-22-2005, 08:37 AM
Jesse, I like sunkist better than megaman to tell ya the truth.

JoY
10-22-2005, 08:38 AM
Oh, how sweet it must be to dwell amongst the 1337.

I totally didn't get the funniness. And the sad part is, I spent a few minutes trying to figure it out. At least I figured out how to HONK after about 5 minutes, drunk as hell too :P
even before I did!

but that doesn't count, because I'm blonde. *pouts*

I could explain it to you, but that wouldn't make it a lot funnier.

Sinister
10-22-2005, 08:39 AM
0r4ng3, my fav out of your avs I've seen was the orange megaman you had for a while.

Paint_It_Black
10-22-2005, 08:39 AM

Hmm. That's about the time I began to notice you. Mega Man was perhaps a little distracting.

Sinister, somehow your avatar screams "Ignore me!!!". When you posted just now, I found myself thinking, does he have an avatar? Then I thought, why am I thinking about this when I could just look up and see?. This lasted for about 0.3 seconds. Then I looked up, and discovered that you do in fact have an avatar. Odd.

JoY
10-22-2005, 08:40 AM
0r4ng3, my fav out of your avs I've seen was the orange megaman you had for a while.
I sincerely hated that thing.

Edit: & Sinister's posts are definitely better than his avatar. but that shouldn't be too hard. ;p

EditEdit: lolz, hard.

Sinister
10-22-2005, 08:41 AM
as long as you don't hate mine, everything's ok.

0r4ng3
10-22-2005, 08:42 AM
Honestly Sinister, your avatar's the only thing I remember of you.

Amanda
I think its was the other way around, i've seen more stuff about you since you dropped the megaman av.

Paint_It_Black
I sincerely hated that thing.

Edit: & Sinister's posts are definitely better than his avatar. but that shouldn't be too hard. ;p

EditEdit: lolz, hard.

It's not that anything about him seems particularly bad. Or particularly good. His ability to lurk un-noticed is actually rather...sinister.

JoY
10-22-2005, 08:43 AM
Amanda, you should desperately change your av too. (well, in my opinion anyway) it looks scary, uninviting & pretty much just ugly. :/

Sinister
10-22-2005, 08:44 AM
Sinister, somehow your avatar screams "Ignore me!!!".

do you have a suggestion of anything better ?
my pic would make HAU's mutant-face look hot, btw.

JoY
10-22-2005, 08:46 AM
It's not that anything about him seems particularly bad. Or particularly good. His ability to lurk un-noticed is actually rather...sinister.
I notice his posts. it's not that I remember anything about him in particular, or that I search for things he's said, like I do with you for instance, but I definitely notice him. Sinister definitely isn't a bad poster, in my opinion.

but now I haven't said much to prove you wrong. probably because you aren't, but you're not all right either, as I tried to point out.

killer_queen
10-22-2005, 08:47 AM
Sinister, somehow your avatar screams "Ignore me!!!".
Exactly. Whenever I see an animated avatar I ignore the post. Except Nina's, hers is nice.

JoY
do you have a suggestion of anything better ?
my pic would make HAU's mutant-face look hot, btw.
even my pot with body-lotion would. or the remote control of my stereo.

Sinister
Sinister definitely isn't a bad poster, in my opinion.

I'm sigging this.

JoY
10-22-2005, 08:48 AM
Exactly. Whenever I see an animated avatar I ignore the post. Except Nina's, hers is nice.
with the birds? I love that one. it's so Nina, because it's so fucking cute. <3

Paint_It_Black
10-22-2005, 08:48 AM
my pic would make HAU's mutant-face look hot

If I did the whole quote thing, I might be tempted to use that.

Just pick something more you. It doesn't have to be a picture of you.

Sinister
10-22-2005, 08:49 AM

Just pick something more you. It doesn't have to be a picture of you.

well, I'm a Legend of Zelda fan, so that's why I'm using this av.

0r4ng3
10-22-2005, 08:49 AM
Speaking of which, what does your sig mean?

JoY
10-22-2005, 08:50 AM
I'm sigging this.
uh oh... looks like someone's ego got a boost from a rather false compliment.

dude, I just said you aren't bad. that's no way of advertising yourself. imagine you having a job later & putting on your card: "at least I'm not bad".

JoY
10-22-2005, 08:51 AM
Speaking of which, what does your sig mean?
he used to have the word "wolf" in his username. the rest of his old username isn't really worth mentioning. I didn't like it much.

Conspiracy of One
10-22-2005, 08:51 AM
well, I'm a Legend of Zelda fan, so that's why I'm using this av.

Well I am too, but I don't have Link in my avatar. And thre triforce is getting a little annoying.

0r4ng3
10-22-2005, 08:52 AM
he used to have the word "wolf" in his username. the rest of his old username isn't really worth mentioning. I didn't like it much.
I know about the wolf thing, but what what does his sig translate to?

Sinister
10-22-2005, 08:52 AM

if you knew how bad my self esteem is, you'd understand me better. I know it's patethic (sp?) but I still cling on every bit of praise (or anything that implies I'm not the worst guy ever) I can find.

Paint_It_Black
10-22-2005, 08:53 AM

dude, I just said you aren't bad. that's no way of advertising yourself. imagine you having a job later & putting on your card: "at least I'm not bad".

I was going to point that out. My heart actually went out to him for a moment. It was cute, in a way.

I adore Nina, but those birds just don't quite do it for me.

Orange, my sig is a poem. But not the faggy kind like I used to write. It made me respect poetry. Google it sometime.

Amanda
Amanda, you should desperately change your av too. (well, in my opinion anyway) it looks scary, uninviting & pretty much just ugly. :/
I'm slightly hurt by your comment, but i must agree. I'm just too damn lazy to look for anything better though. I'm sure i'll get to it one of these days.

Conspiracy of One
if you knew how bad my self esteem is, you'd understand me better. I know it's patethic (sp?) but I still cling on every bit of praise (or anything that implies I'm not the worst guy ever) I can find.

Pathetic* You suck at spelling

killer_queen
10-22-2005, 08:54 AM
I think Sinister is a bad poster. I don't remember why and when but I thought his post were so boring and stupid. He's never said something noticeable.

Paint_It_Black
10-22-2005, 08:54 AM
I'm slightly hurt by your comment, but i must agree. I'm just too damn lazy to look for anything better though. I'm sure i'll get to it one of these days.

It's not like it's a picture of you.

Sinister
10-22-2005, 08:55 AM
Pathetic*

hence the "(sp?)" thing, which means : "I'm not sure what the right way to spell this word is."

Sinister
10-22-2005, 08:56 AM
I think Sinister is a bad poster. I don't remember why and when but I thought his post were so boring and stupid. He's never said something noticeable.

ouch. seriously.

Paint_It_Black

It had a bit of history to it, but I never liked it much myself. Though I did like the contradiction of it.

Conspiracy of One
hence the "(sp?)" thing, which means : "I'm not sure what the right way to spell this word is."

Yeah, yeah I know. But keep a dictionary around in case okay?

Sinister
10-22-2005, 08:57 AM
yeah, gonna do that. keep in mind though, English isn't my first language. You should have guessed already from my location.

Paint_It_Black
10-22-2005, 08:58 AM
Yeah, yeah I know. But keep a dictionary around in case okay?

Behold, the righteous zeal of the born-again poster.

JoY
10-22-2005, 09:00 AM
I know about the wolf thing, but what what does his sig translate to?
ohh, BLONDE moment there for a second. I read "sig" as "av". roight.

either way, it's Latin for something like; it's sweet & fitting/glorious to die for your country. it's a soldier's mentality, but dying in war is everything but glorious. it's brutal, bloody, a soldier's name won't be remembered & in most cases soldiers didn't even get a proper grave, so that makes it a lie.

in Dutch the litteral translation actually makes more sense, but nevermind that. like you say "mothertongue" for your first language, we say "fathercountry" for your country. 'patria' comes from 'pater', which means father.

Amanda
10-22-2005, 09:00 AM
It's not like it's a picture of you.
I know, but there was a time when i actually thought this av was a good idea. I'm over that now though.

JoY
10-22-2005, 09:01 AM
hence the correction, so you know next time you use it.

Sinister
10-22-2005, 09:01 AM
JoY : yeah.
hey, anyone got any idea for a good av ?

JoY
10-22-2005, 09:03 AM
I know, but there was a time when i actually thought this av was a good idea. I'm over that now though.
dudette! I've had tons of avs & that basically means there was a time for ALL of them, that I thought they were a great idea. it's easy to get bored with visuals, so if you don't choose something rather personal, you're more likely to get bored with it soon.

Paint_It_Black
10-22-2005, 09:15 AM
This thread turned out like a Say Whatever that was fun.

JoY
10-22-2005, 09:22 AM
congratulations! you just killed your own topic. kind of too bad, I thought it had potential.

Paint_It_Black
10-22-2005, 09:50 AM
It had potential to amuse for me half an hour. And it succeeded.

memento
10-22-2005, 10:04 AM
Getting quoted on sigs is fucking annoying cause you can't search for your name.

Paint_It_Black
10-22-2005, 10:09 AM
I thought only Linda did that.

memento
10-22-2005, 10:10 AM
I do that shit all the time. People talk about you lots when you don't know. It's hard for me tho cause RXP is only 3 letters. So I have to use google.

Paint_It_Black
10-22-2005, 10:13 AM
Just sign up as Dush and be done with it. It's unusual enough to work as a screen name.

0r4ng3
10-22-2005, 10:13 AM
Searching is fun and all, but it sucks when no one can spell your name right.

Paint_It_Black
10-22-2005, 10:16 AM
Or perhaps you just can't spell orange right?

0r4ng3
10-22-2005, 10:17 AM
1 th1nk y0u'r3 r1gh7. Wh4t 3lse d0 y0u th1nk I sp3ll wr0ng?

Edit: Or, I could just search for 'orange'.

Alec
10-22-2005, 10:21 AM
I don't feel like copying

SkunkIt
10-22-2005, 10:21 AM
I will not sig this.

killer_queen
10-22-2005, 10:40 AM
I thought only Linda did that.
I've just done that and saw I'm not that famaous. Noone's talking about me. :(

Paint_It_Black
10-22-2005, 10:45 AM
But I talk to you. That's infinitely better.

killer_queen
10-22-2005, 10:53 AM
Well, you are right. I don't like when people talk about me anyway.