PDA

View Full Version : Stop crying, pussies

Slim Pickens The Bomb Rider
10-22-2005, 11:15 AM
If you don't like those threads then just ignore them, some people like them. And I respect crazy offspring gal for NOT going with the flow

nieh
10-22-2005, 11:18 AM
I have no problem with one thread. I DO have a problem when they make 5 of the same exact thread in a matter of minutes. So shut the fuck up.

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-22-2005, 11:19 AM
You realise she made, like, LOADS of spam threads because of this?

crazy_offspring_gal
10-22-2005, 11:21 AM
You realise she made, like, LOADS of spam threads because of this?
she has a name

10-22-2005, 11:22 AM
Then why in the first place delete a thread like that? It's like just asking for things like this to happen... Lots of people liked that thread

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-22-2005, 11:22 AM
she has a name

I don't know it. And even if I did, I consider you below such niceties. Due to the spamming.

I didn't actually mind you before but now you're on the same level as monkey boy. Oh, for shaame.

the_offsprings_monkey
10-22-2005, 11:24 AM
I don't know it. And even if I did, I consider you below such niceties. Due to the spamming.

I didn't actually mind you before but now you're on the same level as monkey boy. Oh, for shaame.
Mate 3 things, skincare, haircut, and STFU

Conspiracy of One
10-22-2005, 11:24 AM
she has a name

And noone cares about it's name (or she whatever) if you make a million spam threads (WHICH YOU HAVE) noone will care for you.

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-22-2005, 11:25 AM
Mate 3 things, skincare, haircut, and STFU

Already do, no, and OMGWTF!!!!1111

crazy_offspring_gal
Then why in the first place delete a thread like that? It's like just asking for things like this to happen... Lots of people liked that thread
Yes, I was just about to ask TUNB myself.

TUNB: Why did you delete the thread anyway?

The only reason why I posted or 'spammed' it was because; well.. We all have rights here, and I fight for my rights. ok so maybe I went a little over the top.

SkunkIt
Then why in the first place delete a thread like that? It's like just asking for things like this to happen... Lots of people liked that threadI can't believe you're older than me.

http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17550

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-22-2005, 11:26 AM
Yes, I was just about to ask TUNB myself.

TUNB: Why did you delete the thread anyway?

The only reason why I posted or 'spammed' it was because; well.. We all have rights here, and I fight for my rights. ok so maybe I went a little over the top.

With rights come responsibility. You have a responsibility to add to this place by not spamming the fuck out of it and making it unreadable. As far as I'm concerned, you don't keep your responsibility, you lose your rights.

And I've already explained my reasons. I'm not explaining again.

the_offsprings_monkey
10-22-2005, 11:28 AM
With rights come responsibility. You have a responsibility to add to this place by not spamming the fuck out of it and making it unreadable. As far as I'm concerned, you don't keep your responsibility, you lose your rights.

STFU your a shit mod, even I could do better.

10-22-2005, 11:28 AM
I can't believe you're older than me.

http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17550

Why not? because of this?

crazy_offspring_gal
10-22-2005, 11:29 AM

1. yes I know rights come with responsibility
2. Ok i do admit to spamming
3. sorry
4. Don't thing im low as monkey boy
5. I'm keeping my rights :D

Kerr
10-22-2005, 11:30 AM
You still spammed Kim. I can't believe even a mad girl like you would sink that low. I am disappointed in you.

the_offsprings_monkey
10-22-2005, 11:31 AM
3. sorry
Bitch
a) that monkey boy is engaged to you
b) oh so u aint as low as me?!?!?
c) dnt explain your self to that cunt
d) fuk u then

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-22-2005, 11:31 AM
STFU your a shit mod, even I could do better.

Oh shut up crying, you goddamned pussy.

3. sorry

Not as far as I'm concerned, you're not.

crazy_offspring_gal
10-22-2005, 11:32 AM
You still spammed Kim. I can't believe even a mad girl like you would sink that low. I am disappointed in you.
I said that I admit to spamming, only on occasions. I mean, Who on here hasnt spammed on here... ever. We all do it; once, or a few times.

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-22-2005, 11:32 AM
Bitch
a) that monkey boy is engaged to you
b) oh so u aint as low as me?!?!?
c) dnt explain your self to that cunt
d) fuk u then

Ooh, trouble in paradise?

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-22-2005, 11:33 AM
I said that I admit to spamming, only on occasions. I mean, Who on here hasnt spammed on here... ever. We all do it; once, or a few times.

Er, no. Paint It Black. Kerr. Myself. JoY. The Goddess. Tizzalicious. Wheelchairman. Vera. All users that haven't spammed. I could go on and on.

Kerr
10-22-2005, 11:33 AM
No. I don't spam. Yeah, I used to be an complete idiot (I probably still am in some ways) but I never actually spammed or contributed to any pathetic spamming in the forum. That is an invalid argument of yours.

0r4ng3
10-22-2005, 11:35 AM
Er, no. Paint It Black. Kerr. Myself. JoY. The Goddess. Tizzalicious. Wheelchairman. Vera. All users that haven't spammed. I could go on and on.
COG, you have to understand that spamming is not a normal thing. It's not something that's expected of you (well, it is of you, but not every member). It's not just something as common as regular posting.

the_offsprings_monkey
10-22-2005, 11:35 AM
Ooh, trouble in paradise?
I love that song, Huey Lewis & The News were great.

10-22-2005, 11:37 AM
The last days, (almost) the only thing you read are things like this. There have to be random threads like these, it's a chat. And like I said before, people liked that thread and by deleting it, some people got upset. There is a shitload of stupid threads that nobody cares for...

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-22-2005, 11:38 AM
This board is NOT a chat. This (http://co1.theoffspring.info/chat.html) is a chat. If you want to spam and chat and be omg random, go there.

memento
10-22-2005, 11:40 AM
"General chat" from the subforums title. It IS chat.

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-22-2005, 11:41 AM
Ambiguous title. Does that mean everything in GoD should be a discussion? And everything in Offspring.com Talk should be worded as if in a spoken conversation?

10-22-2005, 11:41 AM
Why can't we be random in here? and I've never spammed,so...

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-22-2005, 11:42 AM
It's not random per se that I have a problem with. Understand, I didn't really have a problem with those threads. I had a problem with the spam that was going on elsewhere as a result of them. I warned you I'd delete them if certain people didn't shape up. And they didn't.

SkunkIt
10-22-2005, 11:44 AM
Like TUNB said, if you want to be random, use the chatroom.

memento
10-22-2005, 11:44 AM
Of course. But you seem to be falling into a logical is/ought falicy. You are making normative statements about causal definitions i.e. you don't decide what something is the whole board does. You can't say what something IS by what it OUGHT to be.

If they wish to have their shitty chats and shit topics they can do so it is a public message board not a private one.

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-22-2005, 11:45 AM
Like TUNB said, if you want to be random, use the chatroom.

That's from the person who MADE SWOYM, people. Even SHE doesn't care.

10-22-2005, 11:45 AM
AHA! Goddamn spammers, can't you delte the spammers or something? It would be much more fun in here then.

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-22-2005, 11:46 AM
Of course. But you seem to be falling into a logical is/ought falicy. You are making normative statements about causal definitions i.e. you don't decide what something is the whole board does. You can't say what something IS by what it OUGHT to be.

If they wish to have their shitty chats and shit topics they can do so it is a public message board not a private one.

And when those shitty chats and shit topics permeate others by other users? You think they don't have a right to have their chats without that shit?

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-22-2005, 11:47 AM
AHA! Goddamn spammers, can't you delte the spammers or something? It would be much more fun in here then.

You think we haven't tried?

the_offsprings_monkey
10-22-2005, 11:48 AM
TUNB = Shite mod

10-22-2005, 11:49 AM
Too bad it failed then. I can't believe some people (the spammers) have "fun" with this. Fucking everything up for the others

TheUnholyNightbringer
TUNB = Shite mod

Says the spammer.

Hush now, little one.

memento
And when those shitty chats and shit topics permeate others by other users? You think they don't have a right to have their chats without that shit?

Of course you have some definitions. You have "this is a decent topic, we will delete spam because it is not the spirt of the thread". But you simply cannot define an entire forum. The spammers are having fun posting in the threads.

And anytime you make logical falacies you know you're NOT on the right track.

Incase you think I'm trying to get on you please dont' think I am. I'd find it temping not to rule with my fist rather than principles too. But principles should prevail.

Sin Studly
10-22-2005, 11:50 AM

Okay. Closely followed by.

Right. You saying what you think OUGHT to be allowed. Completely ignoring what IS happening. David does decide what IS, because he's a mod. Your first paragraph directly debunked your second one. Stop trying to argue stuff, ever.

the_offsprings_monkey
10-22-2005, 11:50 AM
I may be younger then you but I could still kick your ass in a fight.

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-22-2005, 11:52 AM
Of course you have some definitions. You have "this is a decent topic, we will delete spam because it is not the spirt of the thread". But you simply cannot define an entire forum. The spammers are having fun posting in the threads.

And anytime you make logical falacies you know you're NOT on the right track.

Incase you think I'm trying to get on you please dont' think I am. I'd find it temping not to rule with my fist rather than principles too. But principles should prevail.

I do have principles. One of my main principles is to not let this place go down the shitter. Strangely enough, and you probably don't believe this, but I really care about this place, and I hate to see it in the state it's in now. I got rid of those threads because I was utterly sick of seeing spam EVERYWHERE. And I won't apologise or back down over this. I did it because I care about the quality of this place and I make no apologies for that.

You're absolutely and totally right. Doesn't mean you're not a total retard though.

0r4ng3
10-22-2005, 11:52 AM
You're just a fountain of legitimate arguments today, arent you?

10-22-2005, 11:53 AM

You can better kick a spammers ass, I see it clear why he did it now. Can't you understand?

memento
10-22-2005, 11:53 AM
Right. You saying what you think OUGHT to be allowed. Completely ignoring what IS happening. David does decide what IS, because he's a mod. Your first paragraph directly debunked your second one. Stop trying to argue stuff, ever.

Might is right is defining the IS not the spirit of a public message board. My paragraphs did not contradict each other. Because arguing what is by going on prior mods actions isn't accurate.

Edit: further if Dave's definition was accurate there woudln't be 'reprisals', indeed more so than pre mod BBS.

10-22-2005, 12:01 PM
If you just read wat TUNB said. Then things must clear up for everybody. So just try to understand it

memento
10-22-2005, 12:02 PM
I do have principles. One of my main principles is to not let this place go down the shitter.

Your intervention has caused more of what you hate and further degredation of the BBS, sadly.

Strangely enough, and you probably don't believe this, but I really care about this place, and I hate to see it in the state it's in now.

It's fuckin obvious you care. 10k posts + defending your actions. I'm not doubting your heart merely your misguided actions.

the_offsprings_monkey
10-22-2005, 12:02 PM
You can better kick a spammers ass, I see it clear why he did it now. Can't you understand?
I can't understand that? you should hang out with my friend, MR grammer.

10-22-2005, 12:05 PM

You just need to shut up thats all ;) :rolleyes:

Spork
10-22-2005, 12:06 PM

Look at his location. Not everybody on here has English as a first language, and I think you know that all too well.

Endymion
10-22-2005, 12:07 PM
We all have rights here, and I fight for my rights.
no you don't. where the hell did you get that idea? this is not a public square under the law of your country or mine, this is privately held webspace. you have no rights here.

the_offsprings_monkey
10-22-2005, 12:09 PM
Look at his location. Not everybody on here has English as a first language, and I think you know that all to well.
Meh.. all I have to say is dnt make war, just make http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/1369/stormtrooper3xa6fp.gif

memento
10-22-2005, 12:10 PM
It is privately held webspace however, it is a public message board in the public domain. The character of property determines it's legal attributes. For example, a front garden is private property however, you cannot dump your waste in it because it is not fenced off due it being in the public view/domain.

Thus we should assume that users have rights due to the character of the privately held webspace and the lack of intervening authority from either the offspring or the webmaster people.

the_offsprings_monkey
10-22-2005, 12:13 PM
It is privately held webspace however, it is a public message board in the public domain. The character of property determines it's legal attributes. For example, a front garden is private property however, you cannot dump your waste in it because it is not fenced off due it being in the public view/domain.

Thus we should assume that users have rights due to the character of the privately held webspace and the lack of intervening authority from either the offspring or the webmaster people.
As much as it pains me to admit, memento is right for once.

memento
10-22-2005, 12:14 PM
Legally the concept that private property and constitutional rights are mutually exclusive is also incorrect.

Endymion
10-22-2005, 12:16 PM
yes, the assumption via extention of common natural rights that every user has general freedom of speech is valid and for the most part allowed, but that right isn't explicitly granted anywhere and there is nothing saying that it can't be removed from general practice.

memento
10-22-2005, 12:18 PM
Of course there is nothing that says it cannot be removed but effectively you don't have that power so it's a mute point? You cannot simply curtail people's rights. Further they are clearly enshrined as part of an unwritten constitution becuase the people are fighting for their voice.

10-22-2005, 12:23 PM
I hope everybody stoped crying now? This shit took too long

memento
10-22-2005, 12:26 PM
You are propagandizing that people fighting for their inherent rights is crying. You are tryign use the social stigma against crying to your ends effectively transposing the myth that "if you fight for your rights, you are crying".

10-22-2005, 12:27 PM
You just don't get it do you? There was a REASON for that, try to get the picture :rolleyes:

Amanda
10-22-2005, 12:27 PM
You are propagandizing that people fighting for their inherent rights is crying. You are tryign use the social stigma against crying to your ends effectively transposing the myth that "if you fight for your rights, you are crying".
Now you're taking this a little too far, i'd drop it if i were you. While you're ahead.

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-22-2005, 12:33 PM
Memento, if you're fighting for universal public posting rights, surely you must have no problem with spamming, then?

memento
10-22-2005, 12:37 PM
Of course I have a problem with spam. But spam is a relative term. Your spam is not my spam and my spam is not Mr. Smith's spam. You were constituted to protect the BBS from inappropriate pictures et all. Not delete long standing threads that are as much part of this BBS's culture as the 1337.

I am saying stick to your role, do not exceed it esp with the consequences are negative for the board.

Amanda
10-22-2005, 12:40 PM
That's kindda what i was thinking. I never understood why it got deleted. Although it was a rather stupid idea for a thread, it was harmless, and it lasted becase a considerable amount of people enjoyed posting there. I never considered it spamming.

10-22-2005, 12:43 PM
Yeah your right it was a fun thread, but some people fucked it up. Look back to wath TUNB said,then you'll understand

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-22-2005, 12:44 PM
Of course I have a problem with spam. But spam is a relative term. Your spam is not my spam and my spam is not Mr. Smith's spam. You were constituted to protect the BBS from inappropriate pictures et all. Not delete long standing threads that are as much part of this BBS's culture as the 1337.

I am saying stick to your role, do not exceed it esp with the consequences are negative for the board.

No, I believe what you've been saying is people have an unequivocal right to post whatever they like on the public message board. So that must include spam.

Amanda
10-22-2005, 12:47 PM
Yeah your right it was a fun thread, but some people fucked it up. Look back to wath TUNB said,then you'll understand
Can I get a link to that? Otherwise its just gonna take me too long to look it up.

memento
10-22-2005, 12:49 PM
Nope. I've explained my reasoning in authoirty and precedent. Spam is necessarliy curtailed because the mods were appointed to do so in a limited no. of cases. This isn't one of those cases.

the_offsprings_monkey
10-22-2005, 03:40 PM
Nope. I've explained my reasoning in authoirty and precedent. Spam is necessarliy curtailed because the mods were appointed to do so in a limited no. of cases. This isn't one of those cases.
one thing... who is the ugly twat in your avatar?

Just a Girl
10-22-2005, 04:51 PM
TUNB = Shite mod

the fact that he kept his temper for so long makes him a great mod, putting up with so much shit from cunts like you. i'm engaged, blah blah blah, please shoot me in the face, blah blah blah, etc.

memento
10-23-2005, 02:01 AM
one thing... who is the ugly twat in your avatar?

RXP, fighter of freedom. You pay contact him via the sig details.

10-23-2005, 12:30 PM
Fighter of freedom.... yeah I can tell ;)

Conspiracy of One
10-23-2005, 12:43 PM
RXP, fighter of freedom. You pay contact him via the sig details.
Why memento now?

memento
10-23-2005, 12:55 PM
Because it's within my constitutional rights of course!