PDA

View Full Version : Try this its weird...

<<Angry Kid>>
10-23-2005, 02:21 PM
ok peeps, you know when you read something in your head, who is it that is reading it to you, Is it yourself? or someone else?
I am an english girl and i get an american guy sometimes, probably due to all the movies I watch but I also get a really posh lady or sometimes its just myself :cool:

Kitten
10-23-2005, 02:23 PM
ok peeps, you know when you read something in your head, who is it that is reading it to you, Is it yourself? or someone else?
I am an english girl and i get an american guy sometimes, probably due to all the movies I watch but I also get a really posh lady or sometimes its just myself :cool:

If there is someone else in your head, you have a problem.

dalaksta
10-23-2005, 02:23 PM
wut? im confused wut exactly do you want me to try?

the_GoDdEsS
10-23-2005, 02:24 PM
What the fuck?

<<Angry Kid>>
10-23-2005, 02:24 PM
Ok, when you read this thread to yourself, theres someone telling you what it says inside you right? think to yourself, who is it?

crazy_offspring_gal
10-23-2005, 02:25 PM
I just get myself. but sometimes i get like, my friend or something. its weird.

the_offsprings_monkey
10-23-2005, 02:26 PM
*listens* all I hear is some stupid fucker making a shit thread!!!

crazy_offspring_gal
10-23-2005, 02:27 PM
Shut up monkey boi. :rolleyes:

<<Angry Kid>>
10-23-2005, 02:27 PM
go back to monkey world

crazy_offspring_gal
10-23-2005, 02:28 PM
go back to monkey world
Funny thing is... he lives nere it. :D

<<Angry Kid>>
10-23-2005, 02:31 PM
Funny thing is... he lives nere it. :D
or in it
[damn 10]

Kitten
10-23-2005, 02:32 PM
Ok, when you read this thread to yourself, theres someone telling you what it says inside you right? think to yourself, who is it?

It's yourself, no matter who it sounds like. It's like having a voice signature on someone. If you are reading something and the character reminds you of someone you know, then your mental voice changes to suit. So if it were an emotive story, you would get male voices for the males and so forth, but if it was something that doesn't really draw anything on the emotional side, then it would be your own voice.

<<Angry Kid>>
10-23-2005, 02:35 PM
It's yourself, no matter who it sounds like. It's like having a voice signature on someone. If you are reading something and the character reminds you of someone you know, then your mental voice changes to suit. So if it were an emotive story, you would get male voices for the males and so forth, but if it was something that doesn't really draw anything on the emotional side, then it would be your own voice.
feels kinda weird that your brain can automatically interperate what the text is trying to tell you e.g happy or sad, boy or girl
meh, it seems weird to me

darko
10-23-2005, 02:56 PM
its me i hear....

<<Angry Kid>>
10-23-2005, 02:58 PM
when you tape record yourself you find that you dont sound the same as you thought you did, so why isn't it the sam when you hear yourself in your head :confused:
apoligies for confusing the rest of the world

0r4ng3
10-23-2005, 05:27 PM
It depends what I'm reading. On this BBS, it's what I think the person sounds like. Anywhere else, it changes a lot.

Conspiracy of One
10-23-2005, 05:37 PM
After the voice samples thread, when ever I read a post made by someone, I read it in the way their voice sounds.....okay this thread is retarded.

Endymion
10-23-2005, 05:42 PM
i don't hear any voices when i read.... no little me reading to myself or any of that.

this does remind me of a story from one of feynmen's books though. he was testing people's ability to keep time mentally and he found that he couldn't keep accurate time when reading, but others could, but he could keep accurate time while talking and others couldn't. after investigating further he found that those that could read and keep good time were the ones that kinda said "one, two, three, four..." to themselves in their head, while the ones that could keep good time and talk had a mental stopwatch ticking by in their heads. so it was an overlap of either internal and external sounds that interfered with people's timing or an overlap of internal and external imagery that did, but external imagery with internal sounds didn't interfere and vice versa.

Sinister
10-23-2005, 06:11 PM
TTIG : I tried to get my innervoice to shut up while I read (and type this), and couldn't. So I guess Endy is special.

Endymion
10-23-2005, 06:15 PM
i've got the inner vioce when i write, but not when i read.

Sinister
10-23-2005, 06:17 PM
its damn strange but reading your posts makes my innervoice sound cowboyish. probably your av.

<<Angry Kid>>
10-24-2005, 02:46 AM
i've got the inner vioce when i write, but not when i read.
Wow you are strange, I actually don't have it when i write because i get so carried away with what im writing my brain cant catch up i guess