PDA

View Full Version : Ghost ...

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
10-24-2005, 09:30 AM
Has anyone noticed that a staggering amount of ghosts in scary movies right now are little girls? What's up with that? Three come to mind, but I'm sure there are more. Ringu, (and all it's varients) The Grudge (and all IT'S varients) The Shining. This week, there was a creepy ghost hoax video on Ebaumsworld, too!

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-24-2005, 09:31 AM
Does The Ring count?

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
10-24-2005, 09:31 AM
I guess...Wasn't she dead, or something?

Paint_It_Black
10-24-2005, 09:35 AM
They're freaky. It's not that complicated. And I thought you were talking about right now? The Shining is old.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
10-24-2005, 09:41 AM
The Shinning is old, but that's just what popped into my head right now.

the_offsprings_monkey
10-24-2005, 09:42 AM
Blame the Japanese, they always use little girls in their films, and the ring and the grudge are Japanese films.

memento
10-24-2005, 10:34 AM
What about homosexual fucking?

Alec
10-24-2005, 11:29 AM
waw, I just relized that.

0r4ng3
10-24-2005, 04:40 PM
Does The Ring count?
Isn't The Ring one of the aforementioned variations of Ringu?

<<Angry Kid>>
10-25-2005, 07:51 AM
It's bcause usually you think of little girls as being all innocence and stuff.
It's more sad when you think about it being a little girl dead aswell :(

notoriousdoc
10-25-2005, 08:04 AM
Isn't The Ring one of the aforementioned variations of Ringu?
He was questioning the acceptance of the little girl in the said film (and it's varients)

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-25-2005, 08:27 AM
^ Very true. I don't think she really counts as a ghost. But then again.. what is she?

Paint_It_Black
10-25-2005, 08:28 AM
Obviously a ghost. A dead girl come back to haunt people.

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-25-2005, 08:29 AM
Well yeah, but she wasn't a convential ghost. She came out of the TV. So she was a kind of uber-ghost.

Paint_It_Black
10-25-2005, 08:33 AM
A ghost with an odd modus operandi, certainly. But still a ghost. I'd only conclude she wasn't a ghost if you convincingly argued that she wasn't human to begin with, which could possibly be done. Her mother seemed to think she was something like a demon, if I remember correctly.

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-25-2005, 08:34 AM
Well I was a pussy and spent about half the film with my eyes closed, so I didn't really understand it. I hate scary movies. >.<

But I still can't think of her as a ghost. Some sort of daemon, possibly. But the idea of ghosts is they haunt particular people/places. She just killed whoever watched the tape, she wasn't particular. She was more of a.. manifestation?

Paint_It_Black
10-25-2005, 08:44 AM
Well I was a pussy and spent about half the film with my eyes closed, so I didn't really understand it. I hate scary movies. >.<

But I still can't think of her as a ghost. Some sort of daemon, possibly. But the idea of ghosts is they haunt particular people/places. She just killed whoever watched the tape, she wasn't particular. She was more of a.. manifestation?

Haha, that cracked me up. The bringer of nights unholy hates scary movies? That would be like Santa hating Christmas. Actually, come to think of it he probably does. The fat bastard gets to spend every other day of the year sitting around doing nothing. If I was Santa, I'd fucking loathe Christmas. Ahem. Anyway, scary movies usually have zero effect on me but that one was particularly well done, somehow. So you can be slightly excused for being a pussy, just this one time. The sequel is laughable, I'd wager you could keep your eyes open through that.

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-25-2005, 08:46 AM
I've never hidden the fact that I'm a complete pussy. =P The story behind my name is long and beautiful and requires a campfire.

But still, don't be hatin' or I'll get my brother to beat you up. :mad:

Paint_It_Black
10-25-2005, 08:48 AM
But then my brother would beat you up, and we'd be in a whole fraternal cycle of violent lameness.

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-25-2005, 08:49 AM
Ah, but I have 2 brothers. PH34R!!!111

Paint_It_Black
10-25-2005, 08:56 AM
But my brother is a reformed psycho. And we all know reformed just means "waiting for a good reason". I was a reformed smoker for a while, then one day I was like "Oh shit, the political strife in Indonesia is just too much, pass me that damn lighter".

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-25-2005, 08:57 AM
Nothing like distant political upheaval to awaken one's cravings. I've got it all figured out - if I get sick, I'll sue Mugabe. It's foolproof.

Paint_It_Black
10-25-2005, 09:04 AM
You'll have to follow in my mighty footsteps and emigrate then. In America, you could actually win that.

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-25-2005, 09:06 AM
Well where are you originally from?

Paint_It_Black
10-25-2005, 09:07 AM
Essex .

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-25-2005, 09:14 AM
Now that's why I thought you were English. I thought I was mistaken when I heard your voice sample but I knew I was right.

Paint_It_Black
10-25-2005, 09:17 AM
I was going to post another one in my old accent, but now I can't bring myself to even bother opening that thread.

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-25-2005, 09:21 AM
Could you even do an Essex accent now?

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-25-2005, 09:33 AM
Nope. And they're not pathetic virgins either.

Funny that you make fun of gay men but I'm willing to bet that all of them have had more action since they came out than you ever have.

Paint_It_Black
10-25-2005, 09:34 AM
Yeah, in part because I speak to my family regularly. When I'm on the phone with them most of it just comes back. And sometimes if I'm excited/stressed it comes back strongly. When I'm at work I usually sound as american as possible because it makes things easier. But my usual voice these days is something of a hybrid.

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-25-2005, 09:35 AM
Yeah, in part because I speak to my family regularly. When I'm on the phone with them most of it just comes back. And sometimes if I'm excited/stressed it comes back strongly. When I'm at work I usually sound as american as possible because it makes things easier. But my usual voice these days is something of a hybrid.

Goddamn, I'd love to hear the hybrid. American and Essex. Heh.

Paint_It_Black
10-25-2005, 09:41 AM
You pretty much did. It just sounded very american to you, but to a lot of americans it would have sounded very british. It's interesting to me how people focus on the differences, and not the similarities. Most americans think I sound very british, and my old friends say I sound so american. Although I can hide my accent fairly well these days when I really try, and many americans now only say "you sound so British!" after I tell them. They don't notice it before, or if they notice something they can't place it at all. It's kinda fun.

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-25-2005, 09:43 AM
Whereas I just get called a Britfag. *Cries* I'd love to have a hybrid accent.

Paint_It_Black
10-25-2005, 09:44 AM
I used to sound very much like you, but with the slight regional difference of course. So one day, maybe you too can become a hybrid.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
10-27-2005, 07:35 PM
Ahem, girl ghost suck.