PDA

View Full Version : Yuko

Human
10-24-2005, 05:41 PM
I got a yuko yesterday. I can't get my hair wet for like, 3 days. For the people who have done this before; have you found that you should wait longer instead of just three days? And about how long does it last? The dude doing it for me said about 6 months.

CommKeen45
10-24-2005, 05:41 PM
No one cares

Human
10-24-2005, 05:43 PM
No one cares
You don't even know what a yuko is. Shut up.

ruroken
What is a 'yuko'?

CommKeen45
no one cares what a Yuko is.

the_offsprings_monkey
10-24-2005, 05:44 PM
Its the sound she makes when she looks in the mirror.........j/k

ruroken
10-24-2005, 05:45 PM
Speak for yourself. I want to learn.

Human
10-24-2005, 05:45 PM
What is a 'yuko'?
It is a different way to get a perm. Afew things I've heard about it.
+ lasts longer
+is better for your hair
+gives it a better texture
-alot more moey
-takes longer
Add "than a perm" at the end of every one of those.

Sunny
10-24-2005, 05:49 PM
uhh isn't yuko a straightening system?

how much did you pay for it?

Sunny
10-24-2005, 05:53 PM
oh and i'm pretty sure you can't get it wet, crimp it, pin it, anything, for 48 hours.

Human
10-24-2005, 05:54 PM
$500 and from what I have heard that is more than a perm. Yes, it is a straightening system but it allows you to get your hair wet and keep it staright and it is much easier tp take care of it and it actually nourishes your hair. Sitting in a chair for 6 hours with people pulling and yanking and putting icky bad smelling gooey stuff on your hair isn't fun though but it's all owrth it in the end.

ruroken
Sounds like a crappy whatchamacallit to me.

Human
oh and i'm pretty sure you can't get it wet, crimp it, pin it, anything, for 48 hours.
It's actually 72 I think. Just asking those who have if you need to go longer for the best results possible.

ruroken
10-24-2005, 05:55 PM
*stares in awe*
It just keeps getting worse...

Human
10-24-2005, 05:58 PM
*stares in awe*
It just keeps getting worse...
Well maybe you have naturally staright hair but I don't. I had big puffy hair with tangles and it was just a big mess. It also made me look a bit ugly too and I was a dork because of it. I came to school today with my dead straight hair and even some of the popular girls came up to me and told me they loved my new hair. Not that IU care about it or anything, but I looked beautiful today all because of the yuko.

Sunny
10-24-2005, 06:37 PM
6 hours? crap. i was thinking of getting it done... but my hair isn't really puffy or tangly, and it's only slightly wavy.. so it doesn't quite seem worth it. for now i'm gonna stick with my ceramic flat iron. =p

PS. $500 isn't that much for it...is your hair really short? cause $500 is just the base price here and it can go up to $1000. =/

Human
10-24-2005, 06:39 PM
That stuff hurts your hair and breaks it. I used to only do the ceramic flat iron once a week and almost all of my hair was broken or frizzed after the first of three straightens. You shouldn't spend $500 on getting your hair yukoed when you have such beautiful hair. Mine on the other hand...

Rag Doll
10-24-2005, 06:43 PM
I've been flat ironing my hair for 3 years and dying it for 7...and my hair hasn't gotten damaged in the slightest o_O

Anyway, just listen to what the stylist said, I'm sure it'll be fine.

And yeah, $500 doesn't seem bad at all..

Sunny
10-24-2005, 06:44 PM
i use heat-resistant flat iron serum with it, it's supposed to protect the hair from heat damage.. it works ok, it seems.

and my hair is not beautiful at all, but thank you :]

Human
10-24-2005, 06:45 PM
i use heat-resistant flat iron serum with it, it's supposed to protect the hair from heat damage.. it works ok, it seems.

and my hair is not beautiful at all, but thank you :]
Yes it is and you're welcome. Well I have that gentle baby fine hair that not alot of people have so yeah..you have to be extra careful with it.

Sunny
10-24-2005, 06:46 PM
And yeah, $500 doesn't seem bad at all..

I think every-fucking-thing is just more expensive in the NY/NJ area. :/

Rag Doll
10-24-2005, 06:47 PM
eughhhh, agreed =(

Little_Miss_1565
10-24-2005, 06:47 PM
Dude....you're like 11, and your parents spent $500 on your hair? I totally can't believe that some people drop a grand on straightening their hair, Sunny. Maybe it's just because I'm a poor college student right now and $500 is all I have saved up in the world. But still. I had totally straight hair growing up and all I wanted was for it to be curly or wavy!

SkunkIt
10-24-2005, 06:49 PM
That sounds really expensive for a hair product. I could buy a diamond ring with $500.00 and still have money left over. I always ask hairdressers to give me an estimate on a perm for my hair and they double the price on my hair, because It's so long.

Human
10-24-2005, 06:49 PM
Dude....you're like 11, and your parents spent $500 on your hair? I totally can't believe that some people drop a grand on straightening their hair, Sunny. Maybe it's just because I'm a poor college student right now and $500 is all I have saved up in the world. But still. I had totally straight hair growing up and all I wanted was for it to be curly or wavy!
Uuuuggghhh curly hair is impossible to handle. Wavy is kinda pretty but straight...
When my mom and I got out of the shop, my mom was like "me straight little girl". haha! Sorry, it just sounded really weird when she said it.

Sunny
10-24-2005, 06:50 PM
1565 - you wouldn't believe the shit some people at my school do. dropping a $1000 on hair seems tame in comparison.

=/

but yes, it's insane. i agree.

Human
10-24-2005, 06:56 PM
Hell, if you can afford it why not? I mean, with the curly hair, it just swallowed my face whole, now I look stunning with the straight hair. I'm not afraid to be proud of myself and I don't feel like I need to be hidden from everyone.

SkunkIt
10-24-2005, 07:02 PM
With a hair product that expensive, It better work, so post some pics of your new hair. :)

Human
10-24-2005, 07:04 PM
With a hair product that expensive, It better work, so post some pics of your new hair. :)
Okay if I can. I'll also post pics of me being Mike.

SkunkIt
10-24-2005, 07:09 PM
Coc-A-Holic Mike? Mike Jones?

Human
10-24-2005, 07:11 PM
Coc-A-Holic Mike? Mike Jones?
cok a holic
he is my inspiration.

GreenTerror
10-24-2005, 07:46 PM
My hair isn't really curly, it's just... God I can't even explain it. It's poofy and kinda wavy, some of it's curly, and on top of all that, I have terrible frizz from dying it 10 different colors in the past 5 years, with the last 2 years using a flat iron after every time I wash it. I can use a hair dryer, because it'll make my frizz even worse, and I have to use this serum in my hair while it's wet, and spray some heat protecting/shiny/anti-frizz crap in it right before I use the flat iron. But lately I've found out that if I do all this before I sleep, and right before I go anywhere, just straighten it without any sprays or anything, it's alot easier to manage through the day, and, no frizz. But I woulden't go as far as spending $500 to have it straight for a few days, or whetever.

Sunny
10-24-2005, 07:50 PM
it lasts for months, not just a few days.

T-6005
10-24-2005, 07:52 PM
After reading this thread, I feel like I have fresh insight into the world of hair. Because my hair is short and I never touch it. Hell, I wash it, but even upon exiting the shower, I just dry it and let it assume whatever shape it desires.

GreenTerror
10-24-2005, 07:56 PM
it lasts for months, not just a few days.
Ok well that, on the other hand, I can understand, but I still woulden't do it... Yet...

Human
10-24-2005, 07:57 PM
Ok well that, on the other hand, I can understand, but I still woulden't do it... Yet...
It's healthy

for your hair.

barangatang
10-24-2005, 07:59 PM
Mike Jones?

Who???

(Im sorry)

Human
10-24-2005, 08:00 PM
Who???

(Im sorry)
No, she was questioning if I was going to be coke or Mike Jones for halloween(botth are mike). I shall be the "cool" Mike. You should be able to figure it out.

barangatang
10-24-2005, 08:06 PM
No, she was questioning if I was going to be coke or Mike Jones for halloween(botth are mike). I shall be the "cool" Mike. You should be able to figure it out.

Your being coke_a_holic for halloween.

I was making a joke. Ya'know those "wiggers" in "yo" school "dat" go around screaming: "WHO????"
"MIKE JONES!!!"
"WHO???"
"MIKE JONES"

I was making a (bliddy) joke.

Human
10-24-2005, 08:06 PM
Your being coke_a_holic for halloween.

I was making a joke. Ya'know those "wiggers" in "yo" school "dat" go aroudn screaming: "WHO????"
"MIKE JONES!!!"
"WHO???"
"MIKE JONES"

I was making a (bliddy) joke.
Oh. What's molestation?

barangatang
10-24-2005, 08:23 PM
Oh. What's molestation?

Hehe. Oi, when a adult rapes a little boy or girlie. Here is a pediphile :
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b120/wishomie/2005_0724Image0009.jpg
They are the ones who do the molesting.

Kitten
10-24-2005, 10:56 PM

I have curly hair, and ironically, I would have given anything to have swapped with you. However, lately I have been letting it stick to its natural ringlets, it's hell to brush in the mornings. As for $500 dollars on hair for 6 months, I can't believe it either.

Betty
10-25-2005, 07:12 AM
$500... SO much money. It breaks my heart to spend $20 to get a trim every 6 months.

Don't worry though, I sympathize. When I was younger, like 8, my hair was out of control frizzy crazy disaster. So I shaved it all off. Yes. That was my solution. God knows spending $500 on a hair treatment was out of the question. So then I looked like a little boy.

Then, when I started adolescence, like 13ish, the hair that would be my bangs if I had bangs just went super curly/frizzy every single day. It was the ugliest thing in the world. The rest of my hair was relatively straight/wavy. So I would mostly wear my hair in a ponytail and slather on straightening gel to the sides. That was also ugly.

So, basically, in terms of hair, my entire childhood/adolescence was a write-off. And in terms of many other things... oh the ugliness.

Thankfully my hair is much better now... it just naturally straightened itself out.

defy me
10-26-2005, 06:09 AM
Leah, I was thinking of getting that done. My fringe is very wavy, but when I asked my hairdresser, he said that he had never heard of it and becuase I live in a small village surronded by small towns, no hairdresser can do it. But hey, it sounds cool.