PDA

View Full Version : Hey, we just got a Cheesecake Factory!

Mota Boy
10-26-2005, 10:34 AM
What is the big fucking deal with a Cheesecake Factory? I don't get it, not at all. I've eaten at a couple before and I remember the food being pretty good - nothing life-altering - but that's all people seem to be talking about. "Hey man, when do you think the Cheesecake Factory is going to be completed?" "Wanna go to the Cheesecake Factory when it's completed?" I can't complain that much, because when I was home this past weekend, I suddenly found myself blurting out "Hey, we got a new Cheesecake Factory.", then thinking to myself "What the hell did I just say?"

Last night one of my roommates called me up to see if I wanted to go. Turns out the wait was two goddamn hours. On a Tuesday. He was still up for it, as was another one of our roommates of mine. As were the scores of people crammed into the place (it took him about twenty minutes just to get up to the counter to cancel his reservation when we decided to go somewhere else). You drive past the damn mall and, carved into stone on the outside, it says "The Mall at Green Hills" and right below it "The Cheesecake Factory". That's all you fucking need to know about this place - the movie theater, the other half-dozen restaurants, the rest of the mall - all irrellevant when stacked up against the force that is a Cheesecake Factory.

I don't get it. I don't get it at all. Why the extreme hype? Do people care THAT much about cheesecake? Is it that their menu takes the better part of an afternoon to peruse? Is it just a status symbol? Our little city is movin' on up - now we're eating like they do in Denver and Indianapolis! Kansas City can't look down on us no longer, boy howdy, we got ourselves a Cheesecake Factory!

Endymion
10-26-2005, 10:49 AM
i've never eaten at one. i do, however, go ga-ga over new Joe's Crab Shacks.

crazy_offspring_gal
10-26-2005, 10:50 AM
Cheesecakes are nice.

the_offsprings_monkey
10-26-2005, 10:56 AM
strawberry and cherry cheese cake pwns

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-26-2005, 10:57 AM
Cheesecake is amazing when done properly. When done badly it's the devil's food.

Revolver-2005?
10-26-2005, 11:12 AM
we have a cheesecake factory theres maybe 1 or two cars there all the time and theyre the emplyees

0r4ng3
10-26-2005, 12:43 PM
I also don't get what's the big deal with cheesecake. What, do people put crack in it? I don't get it.

XYlophonetreeZ
10-26-2005, 12:54 PM
A-fucking-men. It's easily the most overrated restaurant I know of. It usually has a ridiculously long wait, and I don't even think the food's all that good. I'm sure the cheesecake is good, but I'm not a big cheesecake guy. So...yeah.

irishpunkrockgirl
10-26-2005, 01:42 PM
i've been to one in Boston..and wooo the food is filling

memento
10-26-2005, 02:06 PM
We don't have those here.

Offspring7
10-26-2005, 02:10 PM
its more like a status symbol. in lancaster, there is one at the mall and i had the displeasure of eating there. i thought, "cool, i've heard about this place. it must have great food!" i wasn't thinking that later when i got sick from their chicken ceaser salad. we had to wait about 45min just to get in and then the service was pretty bad. i'm picky, so i went straight for my tried and true chicken ceaser salad. it was not good at all. and the desert wasn't anything to die for. i didn't eat cheesecake there, but the food i did eat sucked and it was expensive. i don't recommend it. how it got to be so hyped up i'll never know, but it doesn't deserve all the recognition it gets.

Drummer_Boi91
10-26-2005, 05:37 PM
cheesecakes r wicked..

Drummerguy123
10-26-2005, 05:44 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmm.............cheesecake..........

Conspiracy of One
10-26-2005, 05:45 PM
Key-Lime-Pie is better than cheesecake, you dorks.

Offspring7
10-26-2005, 05:50 PM

no way...black tie mousse cake is definitely better than key lime pie...and that has a layer of cheesecake in it.

Original prankstA
10-26-2005, 05:50 PM
cheesecakes r wicked..

they both suck

Sunny
10-26-2005, 06:30 PM
Bah, I don't get what the big deal is either. Just another overpriced, mediocre eatery. =/

But speaking of cheesecakes, i <3 new york style cheesecake so much it hurts. also.. i recently had pumpkin spice cheesecake and it was like a light, fluffy, orange colored orgasm on a plate.

Rag Doll
10-26-2005, 06:33 PM
pumpkin spice cheesecake sounds amazing. goddamn you for mentioning it =p. i have a pumpkin spice obsession lately.

and i actually really liked what i've had from the cheesecake factory, despite it being overpriced.

Betty
10-26-2005, 06:37 PM
A restaurant called "The Cheesecake Factory" is a pretty hilarious concept to me. Especially since it is apparently very serious and expensive.

Sunny
10-26-2005, 06:42 PM
i have a pumpkin spice obsession lately.

i take it you've tried the starbucks pumpkin spice latte? ;D

bah. deliciousness. *craves*

Rag Doll
10-26-2005, 06:49 PM
jesus christ, there's a starbucks directly between where i work & where i go to school. i LIVE for PSLs lately.

now, i want a latte and cheesecake. owww.

oh, & dunkin donuts has pumpkin spice donuts. also good.

Sunny
10-26-2005, 06:55 PM
hah, there's a starbucks right by my school and another one right by my subway station =p there's no escape!

right now i'm so so cold and i could kill for a peppermint mocha. i'm such an addict, it's gross.

:[

Mota Boy
10-26-2005, 07:21 PM
i've never eaten at one. i do, however, go ga-ga over new Joe's Crab Shacks.
Hmmmm, we've got one of those downtown, perhaps I should swing by at some point.

But speaking of cheesecakes, i <3 new york style cheesecake so much it hurts.
New York cheesecakes are the shiznit. With strawberries. Key Lime pie is an acceptable substitute. As is warm pecan pie.

And I don't drink much coffee at all, but I really don't like Starbucks.

Betty
10-26-2005, 07:27 PM
Oh my god. Pecan pie. Like a giant buttertart. Liquid brown sugar.

The best cheesecake I've ever had was quite possibly this one I made last summer... pecan, caramel, chocolate. Uniting chocolate and cheese - the two best foods in the world. Although the fruity cheesecakes are good too.

Mota Boy
10-26-2005, 08:01 PM
The best cheesecake I've ever had was quite possibly this one I made last summer... pecan, caramel, chocolate.
That is not a cheesecake - that is an unholy matrimony of saccharine nectar designed to overload the taste buds.