PDA

View Full Version : The Curse of the Blinking Hourglass

XYlophonetreeZ
10-26-2005, 01:35 PM
My computer is doing the most annoying thing in the world. Everything seems to be functioning perfectly, actually, except that the arrow pointer permanently blinks that little hourglass thingy, even when nothing is loading. It seems to be just a quick flash about once per second. If you don't think that sounds very annoying, you are very wrong. Could somebody please tell me what the devil is wrong and how to fix it before I take out a hammer?

Endymion
10-26-2005, 03:43 PM
i call background process.

hit alt+ctrl+del and hit the processes tab, google those, end anything you don't need. see which one eventually makes the blinking stop.

Mota Boy
10-26-2005, 03:52 PM
Just cover it up with tape or something.

Original prankstA
10-26-2005, 03:55 PM
My computer is doing the most annoying thing in the world. Everything seems to be functioning perfectly, actually, except that the arrow pointer permanently blinks that little hourglass thingy, even when nothing is loading. It seems to be just a quick flash about once per second. If you don't think that sounds very annoying, you are very wrong. Could somebody please tell me what the devil is wrong and how to fix it before I take out a hammer?
alrighty then

bd007h
10-26-2005, 03:57 PM
what endy said, or just restart your computer

Original prankstA
10-26-2005, 04:03 PM
Just cover it up with tape or something.
duct tape this!
..........................//)
......................,/..//
...................../..../ /
.............//'...'/`
........../'/.../..../......./\
........('(...(........,~/'...')
.........\.................\/..../
...........\............... _.
............\..............(
..............\.............\

XYlophonetreeZ
10-26-2005, 04:35 PM
Closed out of everything and no change. Anyway, I figured out that after leaving the computer alone for awhile, it stopped blinking, but I could no longer open any programs. So I restarted, and now I know that it's something in AIM causing the problem because it started up once I opened it. This time it stopped when I closed AIM. Last time it didn't.

BREAK
10-26-2005, 04:43 PM
Congratulations Original Pranks(DAMN WHAT A STUPID NAME), you've made my "all-new, super-exclusive, reserved for only the most insipid & useless posters" ignore list.

Original prankstA
10-26-2005, 04:45 PM
Congratulations Original Pranks(DAMN WHAT A STUPID NAME), you've made my "all-new, super-exclusive, reserved for only the most insipid & useless posters" ignore list.
go to hell

Conspiracy of One
10-26-2005, 04:47 PM
duct tape this!

How about you put ducktape over your mouth and nostrils before you go to sleep tonight, and tell me how it is in the.....morning? :rolleyes:

Original prankstA
10-26-2005, 04:47 PM
How about you put ducktape over your mouth and nostrils before you go to sleep tonight, and tell me how it is in the.....morning? :rolleyes:
go fuck ass

0r4ng3
10-26-2005, 04:48 PM
Pranksta, you just reek of wit, don't you?

bd007h
10-26-2005, 04:49 PM
Original PrankstA is even more immature than me.

Conspiracy of One
10-26-2005, 04:52 PM
go fuck ass
Ladies and gentlemen, gather around and witness a post even more retarded than Wishomie's. Notice the lack of periods, no capitalization at the beginning of this "Sentence," Also take note the content of this post, this is a big NO NO kiddies.

Original prankstA
10-26-2005, 04:54 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, gather around and witness a post even more retarded than Wishomie's. Notice the lack of periods, no capitalization at the beginning of this "Sentence," Also take note the content of this post, this is a big NO NO kiddies.
im sorry jesus im not really immature i just am like that on the computer and since your all crying about ill stop bein immature

barangatang
10-26-2005, 04:55 PM
im sorry jesus im not really immature i just am like that on the computer and since your all crying about ill stop bein immature
Yeah guysos orignal prankster is my buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Original prankstA
10-26-2005, 04:56 PM
Yeah guysos orignal prankster is my buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you know what your talkin about

Conspiracy of One
Better. But still whoreable grammar.

XYlophonetreeZ
Original PrankstA, you are the most worthless form of life I have seen lurking about this BBS for a long, long time. You're even worse than ::SMASH::, wishomie, the_offsprings_monkey, Italia311, and EROS. Nothing would make me happier than to never see you post again. You've never contributed anything to this board. Not knowing anything else, I'd assume that you were about 10, but knowing that you're like 21, you come across as one of those former high school football players who doesn't go anywhere and becomes an obese alcoholic, the only pleasure in your life consisting of drunk night driving in your friend's pickup truck with baseball bats out the window slugging people's mailboxes, and shouting "FAGGOT" at anyone who yells at you or threatens to call the cops. OK, now that I've vented that, you're ignore listed. Whew.

Mods, can't you just delete all his posts?

And barangatang: What you're doing right now isn't even funny. Don't encourage him.

Original prankstA
10-26-2005, 04:57 PM
Better. But still whoreable grammar.
pardon my french but FUCK YOU!

barangatang
10-26-2005, 04:59 PM
pardon my french but FUCK YOU!

way2go babe! show it to him honey.