PDA

View Full Version : Offspring FAQs and threads that must end!

leo3375
11-28-2004, 11:48 AM
I have checked out this forum and noticed that a lot of people ask the same questions over and over, not to mention I've seen about 984659345738945 "i luv dextr!" threads! Here now are answers to your questions and the threads that have to stop!

How did Noodles get his name?
He won't say for sure. Stories vary from being called "Noodles" by producer Thom Wilson while recording S/T, to eating nothing but Top Ramen noodles for over 10 years, to playing Baby Noodles in "Pink Flamingoes" (a search at the Internet Movie Database proved this to be false).

Where can I find a picture of Dexter's wife?
You can see her in the video for "I Choose." She is the frontmost flight attendant.

Are they married?
They are all married. Sorry, ladies.

Do they have any kids?
Dexter has a daughter, Noodles has a daughter and a son, Greg has three sons, and Ron has a son. I'm not sure about Atom yet.

Why did Ron leave?
Ron left to pursue another project—Steady Ground—after a breakdown in his relationship with his bandmates. He wasn't fired or forced out at all.

Does Dexter have a Ph.D?
Not yet.

When will Offspring play in (insert country or city here) again?
Check the Tour page on the official site.

Who's that little guy that runs around onstage?
Chris Higgins (X-13).

How come they don't do INTERMISSION anymore?
Because they got tired of people liking the silly and goofy stuff more than the songs themselves.

What is "Gone Away" about?
The big rumor is that the biological mother of his daughter was killed in a car crash sometime between 1988 and 1991. Whether or not this person was his girlfriend, fiancée, or wife can vary. However, this is nothing more than rumor at the present time since none of this has been confirmed. Dexter does not like to talk about the subject matter of this song and out of respect, I don't speculate on it.

Did AFI cover Offspring?
Actually, the Offspring covered AFI's "Totalimmortal" for the soundtrack to the Jim Carrey movie "Me, Myself & Irene."

What's "Idle Hands?
"Idle Hands" is a horror-comedy movie from 1999 starring Devon Sawa, Seth Green, and Elden Hansen. The Offspring make an appearance in the movie as The Band, before the Band Lead Singer (Dexter) is killed.

How can I meet the Offspring?
A lot of people here have met them. SEARCH for a thread about meeting the Offspring to find out how they've been able to do so.

What's Offspring's relation to:
• AFI
• Rancid
• Pennywise
• TSOL
AFI were signed to Dexter's Nitro label before leaving for Dreamworks (now dissolved into Interscope) in 2001. Both bands are on good terms despite AFI's uneasiness with the Anthology CD Nitro released (no word on lawsuits… yet).

Rancid is a band on Epitaph that the Offspring toured with in 1994. Both bands are still friends. Contrary to popular rumor, Noodles from the Offspring and Lars from Rancid are not brothers.

Pennywise is another Epitaph band that is good friends with the Offspring. Frontman Jim Lindberg has done guest vocals onAmericana and Splinter.

TSOL is the Offspring's biggest influence. The original line-up (with a new drummer) reunited and signed to Nitro.

Who has the biggest dick?
Honestly, must this even be addressed here? It depends on which rumors you hear. I've heard 'em all and am not gonna touch 'em with a 10' clown pole! I don't know and I don't really want to know.

When are their birthdays?
Dexter: December 29, 1965 (both Higgins and Noodles have confirmed this.)
Greg: January 20, 1965
Noodles: February 4, 1963
Ron: February 1, 1971
Atom: August 15, 1973

What are their real names?
Dexter: Bryan Keith Holland
Greg: Gregory David Kriesel
Noodles: Kevin Wasserman
Ron: Ronald S. Welty
Atom: Adam Willard

What is the Special Goodness?
The Special Goodness is Atom's other band with Weezer drummer Pat Wilson. If you like the Offspring and you like Weezer, TSG is worth checking out:
http://www.thespecialgoodness.com

What is this "Next to You" song? Where can I find it?
It's a hidden track. If you have the CD, let "(Can't Get My) Head Around You" finish but don't stop the song. At 3:15 into the track, you'll hear "Next to You." If you have the DualDisc and are watching the DVD side, go to the songlist and scroll down to (CGM)HAY, then hit LEFT ARROW to highlight the skull logo and hit ENTER.

What is "Mission from God?"
This was a song initially recorded for Ignition thaat didn't make it onto the album. You can find it on Punk-O-Rama 10.

What time does Offspring play at Warped Tour?
It's determined the day of the show, anywhere between 12:00 noon and 8:30 PM.

How can I meet Offspring at Warped?
Sometimes they have Meet-n-Greets. I've also heard that hanging out by the stage can help. Either way, keep your eyes open and be in the right place at the right time.

Why Did they Leave Epitaph?
They Felt that Brett Gurewitz was trying to sell them out by offering contracts that mean He could sell the music to anyone he likes and stopping them Doing Covers and the like. So they ironically moved to Columbia to remain more independent and do what they liked. They always wanted to support indie labels but They felt that epitaph was becoming just as bad as Commercial label. They are however good friend still with most Epitaph bands and personel.

Where Can I find all their rarities and B-sides to download/Buy?
99% of them can be found on various sites of which these are the most popular
Tis Site is in Polish but is very easy to navigate (http://www.offspring.art.pl)
Tijs (the mod) and Jesus' Site (http://www.theoffspring.info)
Plus many others

As for actual CD/Vinyl:
"Hand Grenades:" Short Music For SHort People (Compilation CD From Fat Wreck Chords)
"Baghdad:" Baghdad EP (Vinyl 1991)/Rock aganst Bush Vol. 1 (CD Comp.)
"D.U.I.:" Club Me EP (CD)/Gone Away Single (Not all Versions)
"Smash It Up:" Batman Forever Soundtrack/All I want Sinlge (not all Versions)/Club Me EP
"52 Girls:" Contains No Caffeine (CD/Cassette Comp. V. Rare.)
The Blurb - Baghdad EP (Vinyl 1991)
"Beheaded '99:" Idle Hands Soundtrack/Why Don't You Get a Job SIngle (not all versions)
"I Wanna Be Sedated:" We're A Happy Family (ramones Tribute)/Why Don't You Get a Job SIngle (not all versions)
"I Got A Right:" Club Me EP/Meaning of life Single
"Bloodstains:" Ready TO rumble soundtrack
"Totalimmortal:" Me, Myself and Irene soundtrack
"80 Times:" Want You Bad Single (not all versions)
"Autonomy:" Want You Bad Single (not all versions)
"Hey Joe:" Baghdad EP (Vinyl 1991)/Gone Away Single (Not all Versions)/ Go ahead, Punk… Make My Day compilation
"Defy You:" Defy You Single/Greatest Hits/ Orange County soundtrack
"One Hundred Punks:" Defy You single/Can't Repeat Single
"Mission From God:" Punk-O-Rama 10 (Comp.)
"Next to You:" Hidden track on Greatest Hits
Sin City - Million Miles Away Single (Not All Versions)
Cocktail (not an actual song) - End of Ixnay Vinyl
PLus Various remixes and Live versions can also be found on many of the singles

Did the offspring Write Power Rangers/KIng of the Hill/Etc. Theme Tunes?
No. The Offspring have never Written any TV Theme Tunes

Who Writes The Songs/lyrics/music?
Dexter Mostly Write the entrie song then they will play it and finalise it together although it has be known that other members will write an entrie song such as D.U.I. Was writen By Noodles

Why the Name 'The Offspring'?
No One Really Knows the Reason Behind the name. However it is true that they Were Originally called 'Manic Subsidal' Until The Name Change in 1986. And it is true that they changed becase Manic Subsidal was hard to remember People thought it was Manic Suicidal. Some say they named themselves after The Desendents. Others say they got their name from a horror movie called "The Offspring." Neither of these stories have been confirmed but no other reasons for the name Offspring has been given.

WTF?! Why isn't [insert song here] on GH? Why nothing from the first two albums???
The band decided what songs to put on there. If you don't like it, make your own damn greatest-hits CD! Just don't sell it to people.

Why Doesn't my version of [Insert Album/single] Have [Insert Song/Extra] On it?
The reason for this is that some albums/singles contain bonus/additional/hidden tracks and can vary by area/country/continent/time dependancy.

Is Noodles really gay?
Uhh… no. He was just playing along with some dumb comments people were making about him.

Why doesn't my DualDisk CD side Work Properly?
Its because the CD Side has to be thinner than Red Book CDs and so the pits are shallower leaving higher error rates. Also since DualDisc is thinker than a standard CD or DVD, it may not load in slot-loading devices.

See this article Here (http://stereophile.com/asweseeit/105awsi/) for more information

Do they smoke?
They all do to a certain degree. Noodles is the only one who is a habitual smoker.

And please refrain from making the following threads without doing a SEARCH first:
- What's your favorite album?
- What's your favorite song?
- Do you prefer Ron or Atom?
- How many times ave you seen the Offspring?

Refrain from the following topics altogether, or face old-school-fan-styley wrath:
- Anything about the band members' personal lives (this includes wanting pictures of their wives!)
- OMG I LUV U DEXTER! I WANT UR BABY!!!
- Which hairstyle do you prefer?
- Who's hotter?
- DEXTER PLZ REPLY I LUV U!!!111!!1!!1!
- Noodles!!! Over here!!!
- Who's your favorite member?
- Anything comparing Green Day and the Offspring

Oh, and if you're posting something in English, please use proper spelling and grammar.

MirandaV
11-28-2004, 11:58 AM
We need more people like you.

Unnatural Disaster
11-28-2004, 12:08 PM

lol! Ha ha......

saska de o...
11-28-2004, 12:18 PM
<hahaha> good :) i like u :) more people like u!

nightvision
11-28-2004, 12:24 PM
Sooo hungover...

Unnatural Disaster
11-28-2004, 12:34 PM
You forgot about all the posts about where the chat is

nitropenguin!
11-28-2004, 02:02 PM
Yes, indeed.

Good thinking, leo3375. Wish I would've gotten there before you ;)

offspringbaby2004
11-28-2004, 03:38 PM
I have checked out this forum and noticed that a lot of people ask the same questions over and over, not to mention I've seen about 984659345738945 "i luv dextr!" threads! Here now are answers to your questions and the threads that have to stop!

He won't say for sure. Stories vary from being called "Noodles" by producer Thom Wilson while recording S/T, to eating nothing but Top Ramen noodles for over 10 years, to playing Baby Noodles in "Pink Flamingoes" (a search at the Internet Movie Database proved this to be false).

You can see her in the video for "I Choose." She is the frontmost flight attendant.

Are they married?
Dexter, Greg and Noodles are married, and I'm pretty sure Atom is also married.

Do they have any kids?
Dexter has a daughter, Noodles has a daughter and a son, Greg has three sons, and Ron has a son. I'm not sure about Atom yet.

Why did Ron leave?
Ron left to pursue another project—Steady Ground—after a breakdown in his relationship with his bandmates. He wasn't fired or forced out at all.

Does Dexter have a Ph.D?
Not yet.

When will Offspring play in (insert country or city here) again?
Check the Tour page on the official site.

Who's that little guy that runs around onstage?
Chris Higgins (X-13).

How come they don't do INTERMISSION anymore?
Because they got tired of people liking the silly and goofy stuff more than the songs themselves.

And please refrain from making the following threads without doing a SEARCH first:

- What's your favorite album?
- What's your favorite song?
- Who's your favorite member?
- Do you prefer Ron or Atom?
- How many times ave you seen the Offspring?
- Which hairstyle do you prefer?

Good job :)

~mandy~

TRUSTpunk
11-28-2004, 06:39 PM
I had a feeling that was Dexter's wife in I Choose , thanks for sharing that.

leo3375
11-28-2004, 07:22 PM
An addendum:

What is "Gone Away" about?
The big rumor is that the biological mother of his daughter was killed in a car crash sometime between 1988 and 1991. Whether or not this person was his girlfriend, fiancée, or wife can vary. However, this is nothing more than rumor at the present time since none of this has been confirmed. Dexter does not like to talk about the subject matter of this song and out of respect, I don't speculate on it.

Did AFI cover Offspring?
Actually, the Offspring covered AFI's "Totalimmortal" for the soundtrack to the Jim Carrey movie "Me, Myself & Irene."

What's "Idle Hands?
"Idle Hands" is a horror-comedy movie from 1999 starring Devon Sawa, Seth Green, and Elden Hansen. The Offspring make an appearance in the movie as The Band, before the Band Lead Singer (Dexter) is killed.

How can I meet the Offspring?
A lot of people here have met them. SEARCH for a thread about meeting the Offspring to find out how they've been able to do so.

What's Offspring's relation to:
• AFI
• Rancid
• Pennywise
• TSOL
AFI were signed to Dexter's Nitro label before leaving for Dreamworks (now dissolved into Interscope) in 2001. Both bands are on good terms despite AFI's uneasiness with the Anthology CD Nitro released (no word on lawsuits… yet).

Rancid is a band on Epitaph that the Offspring toured with in 1994. Both bands are still friends. Contrary to popular rumor, Noodles from the Offspring and Lars from Rancid are not brothers.

Pennywise is another Epitaph band that is good friends with the Offspring. Frontman Jim Lindberg has done guest vocals onAmericana and Splinter.

TSOL is the Offspring's biggest influence. The original line-up (with a new drummer) reunited and signed to Nitro.

Who has the biggest dick?
Honestly, must this even be addressed here? It depends on which rumors you hear. I've heard 'em all and am not gonna touch 'em with a 10' clown pole! I don't know and I don't really want to know.

When are their birthdays?
Dexter: December 29, 1965 (both Higgins and Noodles have confirmed this.)
Greg: January 20, 1965
Noodles: February 4, 1963
Ron: February 1, 1971
Atom: August 15, 1973

What are their real names?
Dexter: Bryan Keith Holland
Greg: Gregory David Kriesel
Noodles: Kevin Wasserman
Ron: Ronald S. Welty
Atom: Adam Willard

What is the Special Goodness?
The Special Goodness is Atom's other band with Weezer drummer Pat Wilson. If you like the Offspring and you like Weezer, TSG is worth checking out:
http://www.thespecialgoodness.com

Tijs
11-29-2004, 02:38 AM
Maybe you'd better edit that ^ into the first post, most people who create double threads are like "I'm lazy, lol". And they don't even bother reading any further than a first post. Or even the topic title.

shitwalker
11-29-2004, 05:16 AM

I CAN'T watch 'I Choose'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd downloaded it from the internet but i can't see it on my players(quicktime, windows media, etc).And if you are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO clever, then tell me, how can i play it, what player do i need?????????????????????????????????????????????

Tijs
11-29-2004, 05:57 AM

I CAN'T watch 'I Choose'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd downloaded it from the internet but i can't see it on my players(quicktime, windows media, etc).And if you are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO clever, then tell me, how can i play it, what player do i need?????????????????????????????????????????????
What is the extension? If it's AVI you can either download codecs, or download DIVX player.
www.divx.com
And you have annoying posts.

carmen man
11-29-2004, 05:58 AM
ANSWER THAT KNOW IT ALL! HA! :D

----------------------------------------
carmensucks.co.uk

Kitten
11-29-2004, 06:18 AM

Download the codecs. Thats what I did for AVI's and they work fine now.

leo3375
12-29-2004, 04:29 PM
Gotta bump this up again as we have even more FAQs and annoying threads. So please, in addition to those already listed, refrain from starting the following threads, or face the wrath of the older fans:

What's this I hear about a greatest-hits ablum? When will it be released?
There is a lot of buzz about the Offspring releasing a greatest-hits album sometime in 2005. The official site will have confirmed information.

No more of these threads, please!!!
• Who's hotter?
• DEXTER PLZ REPLY I LUV U!!!111!!1!!1!
• Noodles!!! Over here!!!

Oh, and if you're posting something in English, please use proper spelling and grammar.

greencows12
12-29-2004, 04:44 PM
Here are some other thing that needs to stop....stupid topics to noodles in the politics section that don't involve politics at all, quit asking which band member is the hottest, nonne cares if you're new,you don't need a topic about it.

leo3375
12-29-2004, 04:48 PM
Thank you! You shall not feel my Old-school-y Fan Wrath.

Offspring Pyro
12-31-2004, 04:30 PM
Oh yea your right, i have seen a lot of those threads too

leo3375
07-01-2005, 08:42 PM
Okay, with the release of the Greatest Hits album and the Warped Tour, I felt the urge to update:

What is this "Next to You" song? Where can I find it?
It's a hidden track. If you have the CD, let "(Can't Get My) Head Around You" finish but don't stop the song. At 3:15 into the track, you'll hear "Next to You." If you have the DualDisc and are watching the DVD side, go to the songlist and scroll down to (CGM)HAY, then hit LEFT ARROW to highlight the skull logo and hit ENTER.

What is "Mission from God?"
This was a song initially recorded for Ignition thaat didn't make it onto the album. You can find it on Punk-O-Rama 10.

What time does Offspring play at Warped Tour?
It's determined the day of the show, anywhere between 12:00 noon and 8:30 PM.

How can I meet Offspring at Warped?
Sometimes they have Meet-n-Greets. I've also heard that hanging out by the stage can help. Either way, keep your eyes open and be in the right place at the right time.

neocon58
07-01-2005, 08:46 PM
not to mention I've seen about 984659345738945 "i luv dextr!" threads!

haha, you should check out the boards at blink182 online.

omg i lurve tom he is so hawt n amazin gtar playa i wanna have his babiz! lolzz!

Dexter_italy
07-02-2005, 02:31 AM
this is a really good thread, don't forget about the "GH DISAPPOINTED ME IT SHOULD HAVE MORE IGNITION S\T SONGS" or "where's million miles away, the meaning of life etccc" threads :D

darko
07-02-2005, 05:41 AM
you do realise that people WILL keep asking those questions and not bother with the search....I mean, how many times have threads like this been posted? and how many times have people ignored them?

do a search!

Piedude
07-02-2005, 07:35 AM
Ok I'll bump this and add some bits of information...

Maybe you could change one of the things in your first post so it doesnt sound like Dexter, Noodles and Greg are married to each other. Otherewise Great stuff.

As for the whole Dick thing, if you want Noodles side of the rumour its Greg.

Kitten
07-02-2005, 09:47 AM
Also Atom is married, 99.9% sure he doesn't have kids yet.
If you want to know about the penis sizes of the Offspring, you are a god damn pervert, and also search is very useful, but the small minded have difficulty finding it.

Nirushika6789
07-02-2005, 09:57 AM
to playing Baby Noodles in "Pink Flamingoes" (a search at the Internet Movie Database proved this to be false).?

youre wrong (not bein rude):eek:

if u check one of noodles journal on their website ( its one of the earlier ones)
he complains about the same q's and he answers them all.

he says that it was because he acted in pink flamingoes and that the name stuck.

here is the link to it

http://www.offspring.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Offspring.woa/wa/journal?journal=127

its near the end but u will c it! and it comes from the man himself so he obviously knows!

Kitten
07-02-2005, 09:59 AM

if u check one of noodles journal on their website ( its one of the earlier ones)

he says that it was because he acted in pink flamingoes and that the name stuck.

here is the link to it

http://www.offspring.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Offspring.woa/wa/journal?journal=127

its near the end but u will c it! and it comes from the man himself so he obviously knows!

You are talking about the person that can come up with 500 different reasons that he is nick named Noodles. Don't take any of it as gospel, and as for who knows the truth, the man himself. And maybe even his band mates are lucky enough to know it.

leo3375
07-02-2005, 03:15 PM

here is the link to it

And you believed him? He has a new story about how he got then name every time someone asks him. I can guarantee that if you were to ask him it would be something totally different.

Hyper nova
07-02-2005, 04:02 PM
Ill Add thess as well if i can

Why Did they Leave Epitaph?

They Felt that Brett Gurewitz was trying to sell them out by offering contracts that mean He could sell the music to anyone he likes and stopping them Doing Covers and the like. So they ironically moved to Columbia to remain more independent and do what they liked. They always wanted to support indie labels but They felt that epitaph was becoming just as bad as Commercial label. They are however good friend still with most Epitaph bands and personel.

Where Can I find all their rarities and B-sides to download/Buy ?

99% of them can be found on various sites of which these are the most popular
THis Site is in Polish but is very easy to navigate (http://www.offspring.art.pl/?m=media&category=all)
Tijs (the mod) and Jesus' Site (http://www.theoffspring.info/)
Plus many others

As for actual CD/Vinyl

Hand Grenades - Short Music For SHort People (Compilation CD From Fat Wreck Chords)
Baghdad - Baghdad EP (Vinyl 1991)/Rock aganst Bush Vol. 1 (CD Comp.)
D.U.I. - Club Me EP (CD)/Gone Away Single (Not all Versions)
Smash It Up - Batman Forever Soundtrack/All I want Sinlge (not all Versions)
52 Girls - Contains No Caffeine (CD/Cassette Comp. V. Rare.)
The Blurb - Baghdad EP (Vinyl 1991)
Beheaded '99 - Idle Hands Soundtrack/Why Don't You Get a Job SIngle (not all versions)
I Wanna Be Sedated - We're A Happy Family (ramones Tribute)/Why Don't You Get a Job SIngle (not all versions)
I Got A Right - Club Me EP/Meaning of life Single
Bloodstains - Ready TO rumble soundtrack
TotalImmortal - Me myself and Irene soundtrack
80 Times - Want You Bad Single (not all versions)
Autonomy - Want You Bad Single (not all versions)
Hey Joe - Baghdad EP (Vinyl 1991)/Gone Away Single (Not all Versions)
Defy You - Defy You Single/Greatest Hits
One Hundred Punks- Defy You single/Can't Repeat Single
Mission From God- Punk-o-rama 10 (Comp.)
Next to You- Hidden track on Greatest Hits
Sin City - Million Miles Away Single (Not All Versions)
Cocktail (not an actual song) - End of Ixnay Vinyl

PLus Various remixes and Live versions can also be found on many of the singles

Did the offspring Write Power Rangers/KIng of the Hill/Etc. Theme Tunes?

No. The Offspring have never Written any TV Theme Tunes

Who Writes The Songs/lyrics/music?

Dexter Mostly Write the entrie song then they will play it and finalise it together although it has be known that other members will write an entrie song such as D.U.I. Was writen By Noodles

Why the Name 'The Offspring'?

No One Really Knows the Reason Behind the name. However it is true that they Were Originally called 'Manic Subsidal' Until The Name Change in 1986. And it is true that they changed becase Manic Subsidal was hard to remember People thought it was Manic Suicidal. Some say they named themselves after The Desendents But this has never been confirmed but no other reason for the name Offspring has been given.

ruroken
07-02-2005, 04:11 PM
You are a goddam loser. Get a life, because... shit... having the time for this is just wrong... sad...

Little_Miss_1565
07-02-2005, 04:23 PM
You are a goddam loser. Get a life, because... shit... having the time for this is just wrong... sad...

And slamming people for contributing to a discussion makes you cool?

cowbell
07-02-2005, 04:31 PM
What the fuck are you talking about?
I was talking to the guy that made the thread.

Hyper nova
07-02-2005, 04:36 PM
Maybe You can and The addendums to the main post and mak it a sticky at the top? A FAQ Thread is very important me feels.

cowbell
07-02-2005, 04:37 PM
Me not know what fuck you say. :confused:

Hyper nova
07-02-2005, 04:48 PM
Me not know what fuck you say. :confused:

We dont know what you're on about you've not posted till the 4th page on this thread??

cowbell
07-02-2005, 04:52 PM
I said the poster of this thread is a loser and does not have a life.

Hyper nova
07-02-2005, 04:58 PM
I said the poster of this thread is a loser and does not have a life.

Are You Ruroken? If so Just Leave it out. Cause the boards need a FAQ preferably Sticky in type like the mod vote.

leo3375
07-02-2005, 07:00 PM
@ Little_Miss_1565: Thank you!

@ Hyper Nova: Nice addition to the FAQ, man! Why didn't I think of it?

EDIT: To answer Dexter_Italy's FAQ:

WTF?! Why isn't [insert song here] on GH? Why nothing from the first two albums???
The band decided what songs to put on there. If you don't like it, make your own damn greatest-hits CD! Just don't sell it to people.

0r4ng3
07-02-2005, 07:04 PM
Are You Ruroken? If so Just Leave it out. Cause the boards need a FAQ preferably Sticky in type like the mod vote.
Can mods make sticky threads? If so, I highly suggest they do that to this thread.

code_blue
07-02-2005, 10:57 PM
Both bands are on good terms despite AFI's uneasiness with the Anthology CD Nitro released (no word on lawsuits… yet).

hmm, regarding the offspring/dexter and afi, i wouldn't be so sure of that, based on what my "sources" tell me. i don't think they're friends anymore, that's for sure. it seemed to me that dexter took a shot at davey in the latest issue of alt press (the davey/parasol thing).

i think it should also be mentioned (if it wasn't already, i didn't read every single post in the thread) that dexter's wife, kristine, was NOT a member of the band the lunachicks, who broke up a few years back.

yes, dexter was born in 1965, not '66. my sources have matched up with leo's extensive research to determine this fact, which we have argued about for years on the various incarnations of this board. :rolleyes:

leo3375
07-03-2005, 07:50 AM
hmm, regarding the offspring/dexter and afi, i wouldn't be so sure of that, based on what my "sources" tell me. i don't think they're friends anymore, that's for sure. it seemed to me that dexter took a shot at davey in the latest issue of alt press (the davey/parasol thing).
I believe Dexter wasn't taking a shot at Davey at all. At the 2001 Warped Tour Davey was indeed walking around with a parasol. He admired Davey for having the guts to do that.

i think it should also be mentioned (if it wasn't already, i didn't read every single post in the thread) that dexter's wife, kristine, was NOT a member of the band the lunachicks, who broke up a few years back.
Thank you for noting that. I'm surprised that this isn't common knowledge by now.

yes, dexter was born in 1965, not '66. my sources have matched up with leo's extensive research to determine this fact, which we have argued about for years on the various incarnations of this board. :rolleyes:
And as I've said, Noodles has confirmed this too.

Little_Miss_1565
07-03-2005, 09:02 AM

I agree w/Leo on the parasol thing.

Ohh...don't remind me that the Lunachicks are no more...makes me tear up just thinking about it...... :(

HeadAroundU
07-03-2005, 10:22 AM
Hey Leo :)
How many records sold every offspring album worldwide?

cowbell
07-03-2005, 11:41 AM
Yes, a STICKY would be fine, but the bastard still has no life.

Hyper nova
07-03-2005, 02:36 PM
Why Doesn't my version of [Insert Album/single] Have [Insert Song/Extra] On it?

The Reason for this is that Some Albums/Singles contain Bonus/Additional/Hidden tracks and can vary by Area/Country/Continent/Time dependancy.
Singles are particularly Variable
E.g.

CO1 outside North American had the Bonus track Huck It (Japan had even more such as Defy you and All I want (live) If im not mistaken)
The S/T had Kill The President on the vinyl anad pre 2001 CD but not Post 2001.

Plus Various singles

Eg In the UK they were 2 versions of Want You Bad, One Had 80 Times and TKKA Live The other had All I want Live and Autonomy.

The lsit goes on if you want all the tracks Properly You will likely have to buy 2 version of a single and/or And import of the album. Failing that Download them from the sites mentioned above.

Jinger Joe
07-03-2005, 02:44 PM
i agree totally but, you forgot about this "thread will never end" threads!!!!

Hyper nova
07-03-2005, 03:08 PM
If a mod cant make this a Sticky directly can You make a thread/Sticky and then just Copy And paste justs the FAQs

Little_Miss_1565
07-03-2005, 03:39 PM
Yes, a STICKY would be fine, but the bastard still has no life.

Ahem. I made another thread sticky, and linked this thread from it. This bastard has a life, but did that anyway. kthx.

Hyper nova
07-03-2005, 03:40 PM
Cool That was a good. idea But i think a more obvious Thread is required like 'Offspring FAQs' With the link rather than hidden in the rules

leo3375
07-04-2005, 03:24 PM
How could I forget this nugget?

Is Noodles really gay?
Uhh… no. He was just playing along with some dumb comments people were making about him.

cowbell
07-04-2005, 07:05 PM
look, just delete all comments, because some people might think that the first post is the last of the FAQing.

Hyper nova
07-05-2005, 04:48 PM
Why doesn't my DualDisk CD side Work Properly.

Its becaasue the CD Side has to be thinner than Red Book CDs and so the pits are shallower leaveing higher error rates

See this article Here (http://stereophile.com/asweseeit/105awsi/) for more

Hyper nova
07-05-2005, 04:53 PM
MODS

PLease make this a Separate STICKY FAQ Entitled
"READ First if you have a question, The Offspring FAQs"

Casue we just has a new member ask all the question in this faq wher eone read is enough and he wouldnt have had to ask them again.

Copy paste if you have to. OR Hyperlink.

Because having it hidden in the Discussion guidelines isnt obvious enough.

IT needs to be an obvious FAQ Thread.

Hyper nova
07-05-2005, 04:56 PM
look, just delete all comments, because some people might think that the first post is the last of the FAQing.

Good Point the first post should be updated to include all FAQs

Edit: I see you're ahead of me

Hyper nova
07-05-2005, 05:05 PM
Leo Can you add to the threads then must end part

Offspring V Green day
Anything Green Day (please put in other bands section)
Any Other Bands
Wrong Section topics
Warped Tour (Should be in TOUR section)

And For the Next to You FAQ can you say that for the UK/Euro release it starts at the 5:55 Mark of track 15 After the TKKA Remix

its interesting its all the 5s and the US version its interesting that is 3:15 cause on a clock 15 minutes past is when the minute hand points to the 3.

Little_Miss_1565
07-05-2005, 05:39 PM
If someone wants to put together some FAQ's, perhaps we could do that....Tijs, what do you think?

Hyper nova
07-05-2005, 05:42 PM
If someone wants to put together some FAQ's, perhaps we could do that....Tijs, what do you think?

If icould do a Sticky i would but Copy/paste or Hyperlink like before will take all off 2 seconds.

But a Im Glad you are thinking that a Separate Sticky is needed. Thanks

leo3375
07-05-2005, 05:45 PM
Hyper_Nova and I can help in compiling a FAQ thread. PM me at anytime.

EDIT: I have copied and pasted all the FAQ so far into the first post in this thread. I will continue to do so as FAQ come up.

Hyper nova
07-05-2005, 05:53 PM
Hyper_Nova and I can help in compiling a FAQ thread. PM me at anytime.

EDIT: I have copied and pasted all the FAQ so far into the first post in this thread. I will continue to do so as FAQ come up.

Since Leo is doing compiling a Sticky with a Hyperlink is good enough but it needs to be an obvious New Thread. ie. one for rules and one for the FAQs

And I'll Continue to add any other Questions that I see a lot, If Leo can edit them into the first post.

I really like the boards a whole lot more with Mods. I havent seen any Crappy threads for a while and only a few repeat treads keep up the good work

OH and Leo you have a mistake with the latest addition the Hyperlink to the article doesn't work

Hyper nova
07-05-2005, 06:22 PM
Why Do Certain Countries get DualDisk and others Get CD +DVD?

DualDisk is Only Standard in North American (maybe Aus aswell not sure)
But has not become a Standard in Europe and other Continents yet.
So Other Countries get CD + DVD instead. Note the DVD on the GH is the same as the Dual Disk DVD but Maybe regioned or PAL instead of NTSC.

Hyper nova
07-06-2005, 03:59 PM
Did The Offspring Write 'Video killed the radio star'?

No They Didn't and haven't done a cover either. It was originally done by The Buggles and Covered by Presidents Of The USA. The Rumour about them doing it is Becasue a File SHaring/Pier to Pier (P2P) program like Limewire had misinformation.

Tijs
07-06-2005, 04:11 PM
It would be handy indeed. But I think the way this thread is set up, it's kind of confusing. You have to read the whole thread to see if your question may have been answered. If they put it all in the first post, and just edit that one whenever they want to add something, we could sticky it I guess.

Hyper nova
07-06-2005, 04:15 PM
It would be handy indeed. But I think the way this thread is set up, it's kind of confusing. You have to read the whole thread to see if your question may have been answered. If they put it all in the first post, and just edit that one whenever they want to add something, we could sticky it I guess.

It is being updated by leo when he comes on. The other option is to deleate all not FAQ Posts. JUst have a look at the additions then look at the first post. 99% have been added to that

Tijs
07-06-2005, 04:18 PM
Well great then! I'll do it all tomorrow then, too late now to remove all the posts.
I'm gonna sticky it now and change the title a little bit :-)

edit: I can't change the title :-\

Hyper nova
07-06-2005, 04:22 PM
Well great then! I'll do it all tomorrow then, too late now to remove all the posts.
I'm gonna sticky it now and change the title a little bit :-)

Cool hope fully it will stop some of the repeat threads that have benn anwsers many many times. i must have posted links about bad DualDisk stuff in 4/5 Theads. Asking the same basic thing.

vintagepunkrock7
07-06-2005, 06:48 PM
best thread ever. the boards are looking cleaner already ;)

Panzerfaust92
07-07-2005, 01:14 AM
Man, that was a lot of information. I enjoyed reading those trivia facts.

Skip91
07-07-2005, 01:31 AM
Yeah so Did I

notoriousdoc
07-08-2005, 01:43 AM

No, they didn't and they haven't done a cover either. It was originally done by Presidents Of The USA. The Rumour about them doing it is Because a File SHaring program like Limewire had misinformation.

No, it was originally written and performed by The Buggles and The presidents of the united states of America did a cover of it. This cover was then distributed around the world via many P2P programs, including Ares and Limewire, as being performed The Offspring.

03bprice
07-08-2005, 06:27 AM
5ocent sucks

03bprice
07-08-2005, 06:28 AM
yeh are know

ixnayyourface
07-08-2005, 04:16 PM
you are a wonderful human being.

Hyper nova
07-09-2005, 08:16 AM
No, it was originally written and performed by The Buggles and The presidents of the united states of America did a cover of it. This cover was then distributed around the world via many P2P programs, including Ares and Limewire, as being performed The Offspring.

Question Edited and Changed.

I hope leo will have the main post updaded soon

noodler
07-09-2005, 06:14 PM
This place needed mods but If I wanna write in imperfect English then I bloody well will.

I agree with everything else tho.

Manic subsidal
07-09-2005, 06:57 PM
This place needed mods but If I wanna write in imperfect English then I bloody well will..

It all just happens to get way down the line.

Dead Cheerleader
07-10-2005, 03:29 AM
Hey leo3375...fuck you. You're a straight up asshole, your FAQ sucks. People can ask whatever they want. Go find something else to do, loser.

HeadAroundU
07-10-2005, 02:43 PM
Hey leo3375...fuck you. You're a straight up asshole, your FAQ sucks. People can ask whatever they want. Go find something else to do, loser.
f**k you dead cheerbitch!

Jack the Tripper
07-10-2005, 07:39 PM
I think most of my threads should be deleted.

Kerr
07-11-2005, 03:47 AM
I think most of my threads should be deleted.
What a surprisingly mature and rational contribution from you. I approve.

Little_Miss_1565
07-11-2005, 06:23 AM

It just makes things easier to have a FAQ rather than 500 threads all asking where Ron Welty went. People can indeed still ask whatever they want. And others, if they want, can also tell them to use the search button.

Hyper nova
07-11-2005, 06:56 AM
It just makes things easier to have a FAQ rather than 500 threads all asking where Ron Welty went. People can indeed still ask whatever they want. And others, if they want, can also tell them to use the search button.
or point them to the faqs

FFX-ME
07-12-2005, 12:57 PM
is there a way to see any of the other member's wifes

asdf
07-12-2005, 02:09 PM
this 2 stickie threads should be deleted now!

leo3375
07-12-2005, 08:37 PM
is there a way to see any of the other member's wifes

I updated the first post because of your request. Because this is considered personal, I didn't see a need to include personal lives as a written taboo. But now I've added it as something to avoid altogether lest you feel my wrath.

Hyper nova
07-13-2005, 06:07 PM
Leo you missed my Video Killed the radio star question winch is now updated with Notoriousdoc's input the Question is on top page 7

but just for you ill copy and paste

No They Didn't and haven't done a cover either. It was originally done by The Buggles and Covered by Presidents Of The USA. The Rumour about them doing it is Becasue a File SHaring/Pier to Pier (P2P) program like Limewire had misinformation.

I've seen thsi a coupla of times

Black Dragon
07-14-2005, 07:13 AM
] LEO3375CAN YOU TELL ME IF DEXTER SMOKES?? I've seen Noodle pics, and he does. But I don't know nothing about dexter..
Thanks anyway :cool:

leo3375
07-14-2005, 08:17 AM
] LEO3375CAN YOU TELL ME IF DEXTER SMOKES?? I've seen Noodle pics, and he does. But I don't know nothing about dexter..
Thanks anyway :cool:

Just updated the first post. To answer your question in more detail: Dexter is a "social smoker." This means that although he is far from being a chain-smoker he'll have a cigarette or two in a social setting.

Black Dragon
07-15-2005, 12:13 PM
THANKS Leo :cool:

Pug_with_cheese
07-16-2005, 08:10 AM
Haven't been on this site for over a year..

(must say I'm impressed with the new lay out)

Although, I've notice pretty quickly that;

Everyone's still the same - sorry and pathetic.

Won't be back for another year, so don't bother replying.

Little_Miss_1565
07-18-2005, 06:13 PM
Haven't been on this site for over a year..

(must say I'm impressed with the new lay out)

Although, I've notice pretty quickly that;

Everyone's still the same - sorry and pathetic.

Won't be back for another year, so don't bother replying.

Way to contribute positively to the forum.

waN1141570
07-19-2005, 10:09 AM
Hello noce forum

Anders
07-19-2005, 07:36 PM
This is a very good forum :)

NILLY
07-20-2005, 05:43 AM
im new nd kinda confused!
wot do i do??

Sinister
07-20-2005, 08:08 AM
im new nd kinda confused!
wot do i do??

first, use proper english.
second, think before you post.
third, don't be a post whore = don't post just to raise your post count.

thats all there is to it.

Venezuelan_Nightmare
07-20-2005, 10:22 AM
i guess im late, if it sorry but leo... men that´s was a very fucking amazing post all peoples will do the same even reading this kind of threads...
bye

Black Dragon
07-21-2005, 09:40 AM
HEY LEO another question, is anyone of the guys (Dex, Nooodles, etc)jew??because i've seen them going into a Bar Mitzva. I'm confused :confused:

leo3375
07-21-2005, 08:15 PM
HEY LEO another question, is anyone of the guys (Dex, Nooodles, etc)jew??because i've seen them going into a Bar Mitzva. I'm confused :confused:

Noodles is Jewish. He was raised Catholic but converted sometime after marrying his wife in 1998.

Black Dragon
07-21-2005, 08:34 PM
Thanks
:cool:

Ixnay,the smashed igniter
07-22-2005, 05:50 AM
(OT)after seeing that some people(in others stupids forums)likes more green day than offspring and others also don t know who offspring are,and they say that dexter's voice sucksIF I CAN CATCH U,I'M GONNA BREAK ALL OF UR BONES AND I'LL KILL U!!!!!!!!!!I PROMISE!!!!!!

dextermyideal
07-22-2005, 10:19 AM
that's a good thing you did, leo-etc...
really.

* I didn't know dexter is married and has a child!
i'm so disgusted...

shit

leo3375
07-22-2005, 10:44 AM
that's a good thing you did, leo-etc...
really.

* I didn't know dexter is married and has a child!
i'm so disgusted...

shit

Honey, Dexter's old enough to be your dad!

dextermyideal
07-22-2005, 11:02 AM
Honey, Dexter's old enough to be your dad!

I don't mind. He's too sexy.

Black Dragon
07-22-2005, 11:14 AM
I don't mind. He's too sexy.

Hell yes dextermyideal, He's AWESOME and so SEXY, i don't mind that he could be my dad. If I can i'll Fuck Him ANYWAY :D :D :D

nerradc
07-27-2005, 09:55 AM
Jesus Christ Man! You Know Your "facts" Don't You? How Do You Know This Stuff? Don't You Have A Job Or A Girlfriend Or Something Man?

platinumpt
08-02-2005, 03:27 AM
Oh sweet jesus, grow up dudettes

Trippy
08-03-2005, 07:01 AM
could anyone remove these sticky threads, i hate them to have on every fucking page on the top, look at the politics section, there's not any fucking guidelines, good of them.

Kitten
08-03-2005, 07:27 AM
could anyone remove these sticky threads, i hate them to have on every fucking page on the top, look at the politics section, there's not any fucking guidelines, good of them.

The sticky topics in this forum are to answer frequently asked questions. It is best if you read them if you are new so you are repeating old topics and don't get a barrage of abuse for posting something that has been done before.
Since this is a forum for The Offspring, and this is the on topic section, it makes sense to have some general info on the guys that people new and old may be interested in. And prevents annoying repeat topics.

ashtray_girl_1
08-03-2005, 04:14 PM
i started the thread about this a few days ago but mods closed it so i have to ask again!
is it true thad dexter used to be addicted to pills? :(
i read it once on a slovenian music site

leo3375
08-03-2005, 04:21 PM
i started the thread about this a few days ago but mods closed it so i have to ask again!
is it true thad dexter used to be addicted to pills? :(
i read it once on a slovenian music site

There is no confirmation of this in any other media source, so it cannot be verified as true. I have never heard this until this year. My conclusion: regard it as nothing more than a dumb rumor.

EDIT: Once the Warped Tour is done the first post will be updated to reflect the latest DVD release. Until then:

Are there any Easter Eggs on the new DVD?
Easter Eggs are hidden extras that are not listed among a DVD's features. So far, 3 such Easter Eggs have been found, all of which are hidden in the "Discography:"
1. Old home-video footage from the 1980s: Select 'The Offspring' and hit the LEFT BUTTON to highlight a hidden BACK button and hit ENTER.
2. "Hit That" by a Japanese marching band: Select 'Splinter' and then hit the RIGHT BUTTON to select a video, then hit the LEFT BUTTON to select the statue in the album art and hit ENTER.
3. Video footage of "Get It Right" performed at a show in the early 1990s: Select 'Greatest Hits' and then hit the RIGHT BUTTON to select a music video, then LEFT BUTTON to highlight the eyes on the album artg and hit ENTER.

I hope this makes sense.