PDA

View Full Version : Offspring sold more albums than...

BuddyHolly
11-28-2004, 02:40 PM
Nirvana! :confused: I just heard on mtv that nirvana sold like 24 million albums... and Offspring sold like 35 million albums? How cool is that? :)

cony
11-28-2004, 02:50 PM
really ??? great ! :D aguante offspring locooo !!!

MirandaV
11-28-2004, 02:51 PM
That's cool, but offspring is still doing concerts and making new albums hm, nirvana doesnt.

Are that the amounts of all the albums?

BuddyHolly
11-28-2004, 02:53 PM
yes, they said Nirvana sold 16 million albums after the death of Cobain and 8 million when he was still alive. But Nirvana's like a legend and Offspring not by far... :confused:

Titus
11-28-2004, 02:56 PM
But forme, offspring is much better

curuja
11-28-2004, 03:27 PM
oh yeah! i agree with you.. i really like nirvana but Offspring is simply "the best"!

killboybowerhead
11-28-2004, 03:29 PM
nirvana wouldnt be half as big if curt didnt die, maybe as popular as Lit lol

vintagepunkrock7
11-28-2004, 03:37 PM
thats pretty cool to me considering i dont like nirvana, a bit overplayed for me. but if offspring sold so many more albums than nirvana, then they should have made rolling stones top 500 songs of all time. (nirvana made it on there once maybe twice) i understand there are ALOT of great songs out there, but 500 is a pretty big number and a few of the people/bands that made it on there i have never even heard of. now i know im only 19 but my dad is really into music and has a pretty impressive CD collection so i have heard of alot of bands as i have grown up. i dont know maybe the offspring just isnt as popular as i thought.

Fly White Guy
11-28-2004, 04:17 PM
I agree with Titus.

offspringbaby2004
11-28-2004, 04:33 PM
Nirvana! :confused: I just heard on mtv that nirvana sold like 24 million albums... and Offspring sold like 35 million albums? How cool is that? :)

thats awesome :)

~MANDY~

Tijs
11-28-2004, 05:18 PM
Neat, I was watching that show too, until they played Anouk which made me switch to my dvd (Jurassic Park baby!).
Later they were talking about 2pac, if I remembered correctly Offspring sold more than 2pac too.

Camilamazed
11-28-2004, 06:52 PM
But forme, offspring is much better

I agree.Offy is much better and sorry about the fans but I do not like Nirvana.......

Moose
11-28-2004, 07:10 PM
thats pretty cool to me considering i dont like nirvana, a bit overplayed for me. but if offspring sold so many more albums than nirvana, then they should have made rolling stones top 500 songs of all time. (nirvana made it on there once maybe twice) i understand there are ALOT of great songs out there, but 500 is a pretty big number and a few of the people/bands that made it on there i have never even heard of. now i know im only 19 but my dad is really into music and has a pretty impressive CD collection so i have heard of alot of bands as i have grown up. i dont know maybe the offspring just isnt as popular as i thought.

okay first it doesnt matter if a band is overplayed, if they are good, they are good...nirvana are great, the second greatest band ever to the beatles...second just because you sell more albums doesnt make you better, albums sales dont make you good...third, rolling stone fucking sucks, four, 500 isnt that big of a number...and on a side note.

i love the offspring, but you have to realize nirvana created a revolution, and they were as big as when they came out and then as big as that when kurt died, they were always huge, its just that the death was an impact on so many people, it was quick, not all that surprising when you think about it, but sometimes things become alive again in death...like john lennon.

vintagepunkrock7
11-28-2004, 11:52 PM
ok well everything i said was merely my opinion, i dont really care for nirvana but i know that certainly doesnt make them bad. that would be just stupid of me to think that. i understand they were part of a revolution and they were very important to the music scene. and i totally agree with you, selling more albums does not make you better, because there are tons of great bands out there that dont get any radio play or anything like that but could be better than some that do. 500 seems like alot to me, and usually these lists go by popularity (as do alot of album sales) so i was just surprised that offspring wasnt on it. im sorry, i just dont like people to take things i say the wrong way, i guess maybe i should just be alittle bit more careful of the way i word things.

Gabriel
11-29-2004, 10:06 AM

I don't think it's good.
By the way, I think that Nirvana sucks

Titus
11-29-2004, 10:10 AM
Sry to say
But i don t like Nirvana

RonWelty
11-29-2004, 10:35 AM
Sry to say
But i don t like Nirvana
me neither ..i hate all the "drama" because his dead ---stupid fool !

Obie2trice
11-29-2004, 10:38 AM
Neat, I was watching that show too, until they played Anouk which made me switch to my dvd (Jurassic Park baby!).
Later they were talking about 2pac, if I remembered correctly Offspring sold more than 2pac too.

Really? Then Offspring is huge when it comes to record sales! And their are still records coming out from 2pac

MirandaV
11-29-2004, 11:34 AM
nah, dont like nirvana.
I kinda like 2pac though.

BuddyHolly
11-29-2004, 12:06 PM
nirvana's got a couple of great songs like.... uuuuuh.... like... Territorial Pissings and.... uuuuh... okay they've got 1 great song (as far as i remember)

but 2pac didn't even made 1 great song

Kitten
11-29-2004, 12:43 PM
[QUOTE=Moose]okay first it doesnt matter if a band is overplayed, if they are good, they are good...nirvana are great, the second greatest band ever to the beatles...second just because you sell more albums doesnt make you better, albums sales dont make you good...third, rolling stone fucking sucks, four, 500 isnt that big of a number...and on a side note.
[QUOTE]

Whatever Nirvana may have done, the best the thing Kurt ever did for the sales was kill himself, because if they continued on the way they were going, Kurt would have burned himself out, and taken Dave and Krist along for the hell ride.

Moose
11-29-2004, 12:49 PM
well he was leaving the band anyway...first half of the suicide note said he was leaving the band, second half said he was going to kill himself...although that was written in a different hand writing...

saska de o...
11-29-2004, 12:53 PM
wreck.... dupa jasiu karuzela...

saska de o...
11-29-2004, 01:09 PM

yeah!! is cool! cos Nirvana was very famous, but only this reason, cos Kurt was killed... :/

Moose
11-29-2004, 02:30 PM
once again...they were famous far before then, wen he died they re-reached the fame they were at with smells like teen spirit...however they were the biggest and most important movement since the punk movement...and also if you lived in seattle at the time, dont call it grunge, they will kick your ass...everyone considered it punk, just an evolved form, but then things get labeled and put into groups and stuff.

Anya82
11-29-2004, 04:10 PM
I agree with Moose

I love Nirvana, and they did make a revolution. Just because someone sells millions of copies, doesn't make you good. Just because some dork pop guys band (Backstreet boys, NSYNC for example) sells millions is great... marketing...... marketing... that's the magic.

I'm not sayin' that the Offspring are not hell damn good, I love them, but.. Nirvana just changed the world. I you don't like Nirvana, ok.. it's up to you...

It's hard for me to choose one band.. I love both bands.....

Moose
11-29-2004, 04:20 PM
ya you rock.

Anya82
11-29-2004, 04:21 PM
you too! hahahahaha