PDA

View Full Version : Idea to deal with suspect users.

Kitten
10-27-2005, 07:07 PM
Basically the idea is that a suspected user will be unable to create a thread of their own for 1 month, and if the user shapes up, they get their thread making privalages back, if not, the admin (if he is still alive and kicking) can ban them.

Drummer_Boi91
10-27-2005, 07:10 PM
Yeah... i like it, it'll save stupid idiots posting useless crap like on any other forum.

Tizzalicious
10-27-2005, 07:11 PM
I like it too.

But the Admin seems to be dead.

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-27-2005, 07:14 PM
There's been a lot of good ideas recently.

But nothing can be done until the admin comes out of their coma.

0r4ng3
10-27-2005, 07:36 PM
Ironically, the good ideas started coming in like crazy as soon as the admins left.

coke_a_holic
10-31-2005, 08:43 PM
I vote for this only with modbanning, instead of regular banning.

RedXIII
10-31-2005, 08:45 PM
They are not in a coma. They have been busy with work and family problems.
Yeah, makes sense.

Human
10-31-2005, 08:45 PM
If the mods could ban...I wouldn't be posting anymore...the mods are basically the "popular" people of this board and if they don't like somebody they make sure that it's known...so if they had the power to ban...like about 90 people at least including me would not be here...

.:SMASH:.
10-31-2005, 10:00 PM
If the mods could ban...I wouldn't be posting anymore...the mods are basically the "popular" people of this board and if they don't like somebody they make sure that it's known...so if they had the power to ban...like about 90 people at least including me would not be here...
why would we ban you human? annoying people are important. without them, it just wouldn't be the same

Kitten
10-31-2005, 11:14 PM

It's not banning, it solves the problem of trouble posters creating stupid threads, and allows the rest of us to get on in relative harmony (as much as there is around here). Basically, if the users posts in someone else's thread is as bad as they were before, at the end of the month, it is presented to the admin, who will have the final say in whether they are banned or not. Since the admin doesn't know you from a bar of soap, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Unless you plan to become a spammer.

T-6005
10-31-2005, 11:41 PM
That's actually untrue, I think - the mods might be popular and make it known that they didn't like someone... but none of them are idiots.

Mota Boy
11-01-2005, 01:07 AM
We're not petty enough to ban people merely because we dislike them. This isn't middle school.

wheelchairman
11-01-2005, 02:01 AM
People don't seem to realize how fucking long it takes to delete the entire posting assortment of a user. It's no fun. The mods aren't going to go out of their way to do it.

Tizzalicious
11-01-2005, 02:25 AM
Oh c'mon Human, we are not gonna do this to people we don't like. We would have deleted post by a whole lot of people ages ago (before we started this official thing) if we were like that.

NOAMR
11-01-2005, 05:40 AM
I also think the distinction "subjected" is a bit vague, he hasn't necessary done anything at that moment. And, if you forbid him to make new threads, he'll post more in exsisting ones, which is more annoying. If he makes a new thread, you don't really have problems of it, just don't look at it. But in an excisting, it annoys you...

Sin Studly
11-01-2005, 06:19 AM
I also think the distinction "subjected" is a bit vague, he hasn't necessary done anything at that moment. And, if you forbid him to make new threads, he'll post more in exsisting ones, which is more annoying. If he makes a new thread, you don't really have problems of it, just don't look at it. But in an excisting, it annoys you...

^ This is why anarchists shouldn't have rights to express their opinions. A hempen rope and the potters ground, that's the way.

wishomie
11-03-2005, 02:05 PM
People don't seem to realize how fucking long it takes to delete the entire posting assortment of a user. It's no fun. The mods aren't going to go out of their way to do it.
that doesn't stop you from deleting my posts.

Kitten
11-04-2005, 06:12 AM
that doesn't stop you from deleting my posts.

That's because your posts are stupid.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-04-2005, 09:52 AM
What WCM said. We don't have the power to ban, but we have the power to delete posts. If we were going to ban people we don't like, why don't we simply go around randomely deleting posts made by people we don't like?

Jees. I'd love to have Ninth or Sin Studly as mods for a day. Then you'd all see some real deleting going on.

ninthlayer
11-04-2005, 01:03 PM
You'd have to hit us on a day when we're feeling motivated (but if you managed that it would be quite the glorious day indeed).

the_GoDdEsS
11-05-2005, 06:17 AM
Ooooh, Pain Incorporated. *grins*

I like how people keep suggesting things to improve this place. And it's lame at the same time how other people whine about being abused.

HeadAroundU
11-05-2005, 05:20 PM
What about an electric shock through the keyboard?!

Sin Studly
11-07-2005, 02:34 AM
Ninth and I as mods would make North Korea seem permissive. I approve of this idea.