PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Self-tilted Album???

Hyper nova
11-28-2004, 04:27 PM
Hey I have a question about the self-titled album

I Know it was released in 1989 and re-released on CD in 1995 and I brought the 95 version on the Nitro label But noticed that mine doesn't have Kill the president on it.
I also Noticed that the Web-sites Discography lists the same 10 songs that is on my CD and nowhere does it mention Kill the president. However everywhere else I look e.g. Amazon.co.uk, fans Web-site discography's, even eBay (sometimes), etc that they all list the album as having Kill The President.
I was thinking of buying the version with Kill The President on but whenever I'm in HMV I only ever see the one I brought. I don't really want to order something online if I'm just going to end up with the same one because the track listing is wrong (this happened to me before).
I brought mine from HMV so shouldn't be a dodgy version.
I live in the UK so this may have some importance to answering my question.

The question is in 2 parts

1. I was wondering if there was two releases or something (maybe a bonus track thing or UK/US version)?
2. If this is the case how do I make sure I'm ordering the right one? :confused:

Thanks in advance of any help you guys can give.

TRUSTpunk
11-28-2004, 04:36 PM
If you didn't buy it before 2001 , your screwed , I have it. :cool:

But I don't agree on killing the president lol. :eek:

Do a BitTorrent search for this track , here's a search link
http://www.isohunt.com/ , just type in the field Offspring

bd007h
11-28-2004, 04:46 PM
If my facts are correct, The Offspring removed Kill the President from all further printings of the s/t album after the 9/11 attacks on the United States

TRUSTpunk
11-28-2004, 04:48 PM
The album says its released in 2001 from what BestBuy says. :confused:

But you are right , I did read that post about the 9/11 controversy.

Hyper nova
11-28-2004, 04:59 PM
Thanks for that it sounds like I got the 2001 version and i might look for the pre 2001 version, second hand. (Any one looking to sell theirs or know how to get hold of one, I think I'll try eBay or Amazon second hand (just gotta be careful)

Also sounds like political correctness gone mad. :rolleyes:

I think Dexter once said (correct me if I'm wrong) "lyrics aren‘t the most important thing about a song"

Well Thanks

Layna
11-28-2004, 05:09 PM
If my facts are correct, The Offspring removed Kill the President from all further printings of the s/t album after the 9/11 attacks on the United States

wow I didnt know.
I got the album but i dont know what version is, and kill the president is on it.

Tired_Of_You
11-28-2004, 07:54 PM
Thanks for that it sounds like I got the 2001 version and i might look for the pre 2001 version, second hand. (Any one looking to sell theirs or know how to get hold of one, I think I'll try eBay or Amazon second hand (just gotta be careful)

Try a second hand CD store, you'll find it easily. That's what I did because I bought mine before 9/11 and it had Kill The President on it, but it was all scratched.

Offspring_01
11-28-2004, 08:30 PM
I bought mine brand spankin new at a high end cd store like 5 months ago and it has kill the president on it. I guess I got lucky. Maybe its different here in Canada...

code_blue
11-28-2004, 11:02 PM
i guess if you're lucky you'll still find it new, if the record store had a bunch of pre-2001 stock of the s/t.. i was trying to buy the s/t with 'kill the president' on it for my boyfriend this past sept and couldnt find it anywhere in ottawa, so i ended up buying a used copy off of ebay. that's your best bet unless you wanna drive all over your city.

yummy yummy punkrockgirl
11-29-2004, 07:17 AM

Also sounds like political correctness gone mad. :rolleyes:

I think Dexter once said (correct me if I'm wrong) "lyrics aren‘t the most important thing about a song"

Well Thanks

i can burn you a copy if you want

Hyper nova
11-29-2004, 08:59 AM
i can burn you a copy if you want

Thanks But I never copy CDs or anything like that (yes I know everyone does it). I just don't want to own anything that I haven't paid for. I just fell it stealing and its the one thing that pushes prices higher. Thanks anyway.

I'm going to complete my collection one of these days and without cheating

BTW I don't care if others do it i even let people borrow my CDs if they want to copy them but i just wont copy for myself.

yummy yummy punkrockgirl
11-29-2004, 09:17 AM
Thanks But I never copy CDs or anything like that (yes I know everyone does it). I just don't want to own anything that I haven't paid for. I just fell it stealing and its the one thing that pushes prices higher. Thanks anyway.

I'm going to complete my collection one of these days and without cheating

BTW I don't care if others do it i even let people borrow my CDs if they want to copy them but i just wont copy for myself.

ok. i'll try to see if one of my friends would be willing to sell or give away theirs ;)

Hyper nova
11-29-2004, 09:22 AM
Chears, thanks I just have to have the "licence" I know a bit wierd but hey. :p

yummy yummy punkrockgirl
11-29-2004, 09:40 AM
Chears, thanks I just have to have the "licence" I know a bit wierd but hey. :p

no prob :)

KidsArentAlright
11-29-2004, 07:56 PM
I got mine on www.half.com about 5 years ago. Best place on the planet for used CD's cheap!!!

Hyper nova
11-30-2004, 10:52 AM
Thank But www.half.com is an american site