PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo! Paris...here I come...

Human
10-31-2005, 01:03 PM
Well...at least I think so...my dad wants to move to Paris very badly to sell his artwork and I've always wanted to live there...it might not happen because he has to discuss it with my mom and if it does happen I'm guessing it would take at least a year and a half to get all of it planned...but yeah...I hate where I live so hopefully my mom will agree with my dad...yipppeee! For those of you who have been to Paris...what's it like?

SkyRocker
10-31-2005, 01:06 PM
Take advantage of your journey. Don't forget to visit the monuments but remaining too much time in Paris is kinda boring.

Dirty Bertie
10-31-2005, 01:08 PM
DON'T GO!!!! Paris is full of French people ;)

Human
10-31-2005, 01:08 PM
Well...you're just thinking of if you're on vacation...I'm talking about moving there...so it wouldn't be boring because I'd be going to school and have friends to talk to...not just family...I would be living my life in heaven...
That was to SkyRocker

Human
10-31-2005, 01:09 PM
DON'T GO!!!! Paris is full of French people ;)
I see no wrong in the French although I'm sure they hate Americans...they hate everybody...

Dirty Bertie
10-31-2005, 01:09 PM
Well...you're just thinking of if you're on vacation...I'm talking about moving there...so it wouldn't be boring because I'd be going to school and have friends to talk to...not just family...I would be living my life in heaven...
That was to SkyRocker

Can you even talk French? cos they can't / won't talk English and they HATE Americans... sorry to break it to you :(

Human
10-31-2005, 01:10 PM
Can you even talk French? cos they can't / won't talk English and they HATE Americans... sorry to break it to you :(
I have afew French relatives and I have a very long while to learn French...they could teach me and along with that my parents could get me private French lessons...

SkyRocker
10-31-2005, 01:12 PM
Could you please stop with cliché ?
I hate nobody, speak english and stuff.
Do Americans speak french ? Do they like French ? If I say NO, what would you say, eh ?
And Parisians, i'm sorry to say that, Human, are not the kindest french people, you'll surely see if you're really moving to Paris.

Dirty Bertie
10-31-2005, 01:13 PM
I have afew French relatives and I have a very long while to learn French...they could teach me and along with that my parents could get me private French lessons...

That might be enough ... but i still reckon san diego is a lot nicer! Just head over to TJ if you want some 'foreign' influence! Your Dad can sell his paintings at the border crossing... with all the fake Jesus sculptures :D

Human
10-31-2005, 01:14 PM
Do Americans speak french ? Do they like French ? If I say NO, what would you say, eh ?
And Parisians, i'm sorry to say that, Human, are not the kindest french people, you'll surely see if you're really moving to Paris.
I have no idea what cliche is...sorry...and I didn't mean to offend you...and yes...French people are awesome...the language rocks...\m/And sure thy aren't the nicest people but I can change in the blink of an eye...

Human
10-31-2005, 01:15 PM
That might be enough ... but i still reckon san diego is a lot nicer! Just head over to TJ if you want some 'foreign' influence! Your Dad can sell his paintings at the border crossing... with all the fake Jesus sculptures :D
No...my dadis better than that...he is smarter...more professional...does better work...and has a life beyond painting...

Dirty Bertie
10-31-2005, 01:16 PM

To be fair... Londoners are just as rude as Parisians....as are New Yorkers!

Human
10-31-2005, 01:16 PM
To be fair... Londoners are just as rude as Parisians....as are New Yorkers!
New Yorkers are not rude...believe me...my whole family used to live in New York...

Dirty Bertie
10-31-2005, 01:17 PM
No...my dadis better than that...he is smarter...more professional...does better work...and has a life beyond painting...

Why does he need to move to Paris then to sell his paintings?? :confused:

Human
10-31-2005, 01:20 PM
Why does he need to move to Paris then to sell his paintings?? :confused:
He along with I have always wanted to move to Paris...he could sell way more paintings and get way more money for each and every one...and I think it would be a great and amazing experience for me...besides...we both hate it in Poway...my mom seems to push my dad into things very easily...maybe just this once she'll let my dad and I do something that we want to do with the family...he is going to talk about it with her later today...

Dirty Bertie
10-31-2005, 01:23 PM
He along with I have always wanted to move to Paris...he could sell way more paintings and get way more money for each and every one...and I think it would be a great and amazing experience for me...besides...we both hate it in Poway...my mom seems to push my dad into things very easily...maybe just this once she'll let my dad and I do something that we want to do with the family...he is going to talk about it with her later today...

HOW can you knock Poway??? Oh.. the happy days hanging at the old train in Old Poway Park and outside the fruit shop behind Walmart.....

you mean you're going to give that all up for smelly old Paris?

Human
10-31-2005, 01:24 PM
HOW can you knock Poway??? Oh.. the happy days hanging at the old train in Old Poway Park and outside the fruit shop behind Walmart.....

you mean you're going to give that all up for smelly old Paris?
Yes...Poway sucks...wait...you lived in Poway?

Dirty Bertie
10-31-2005, 01:26 PM
Yes...Poway sucks...wait...you lived in Poway?

Scripps Ranch. My mum and dad moved us back to England last year :( :D

Human
10-31-2005, 01:27 PM
Scripps Ranch. My mum and dad moved us back to England last year :( :D
Whoah...wow...what school did you go to? I'm not sure whether to believe you or not...you could just be getting all of this from the internet...

Dirty Bertie
10-31-2005, 01:29 PM
Whoah...wow...what school did you go to? I'm not sure whether to believe you or not...you could just be getting all of this from the internet...

quiz me on SR geography... haha? I lived near the VONS on scripps poway parkway...

Human
What school did you go to?

Paint_It_Black
A human amongst frogs. Could be interesting.

Human
10-31-2005, 01:30 PM
A human amongst frogs. Could be interesting.
What are you talking about?

Dirty Bertie
10-31-2005, 01:30 PM
What school did you go to?

SR High school... obviously?

Human
10-31-2005, 01:31 PM
SR High school... obviously?
What is "SR"?

Dirty Bertie
10-31-2005, 01:32 PM
SR = Scripps Ranch...

Maybe i should test you on Poway to c if u really live there?

Mannen som blev en gris
10-31-2005, 01:33 PM
What is "SR"?
Scripps Ranch?

Human = you
Frogs = french?

Human
10-31-2005, 01:34 PM
SR = Scripps Ranch...

Maybe i should test you on Poway to c if u really live there?
I do...and yeah...I just realized what SR stood for...I didn't know it had a highschool...I would have expected you to go to Poway High...test me on Poway but give me an a,b, or c thing because I moved here in May and still am not that familiar with it...

Paint_It_Black

It's called a bad pun. I'm a big fan of them.

Human
Scripps Ranch?

Human = you
Frogs = french?
Is that an insult to the French or to me?

Paint_It_Black
10-31-2005, 01:36 PM
Neither. Pure sillyness.

Dirty Bertie
10-31-2005, 01:37 PM
The first question.. for 10... is what do they make at fillipis??? easy enough?

wheelchairman
10-31-2005, 01:39 PM
I didn't like Paris. I was broke when I was in it though.

The other towns, small and large, have more personality in my opinion. I was entirely captivated by Vichy for the 2 weeks I lived there. It's a metropolis you can walk across in half an hour.

Clermond-Ferrand is beautiful (I'm sure I misspelled that.)

Human
10-31-2005, 01:54 PM
The first question.. for 10... is what do they make at fillipis??? easy enough?
What the heck? Fillipis? I have never heard of it...maybe it was torn down after you moved...or maybe it is just because I'm new to the area...

.:SMASH:.
10-31-2005, 01:55 PM
Well...at least I think so...my dad wants to move to Paris very badly to sell his artwork and I've always wanted to live there...it might not happen because he has to discuss it with my mom and if it does happen I'm guessing it would take at least a year and a half to get all of it planned...but yeah...I hate where I live so hopefully my mom will agree with my dad...yipppeee! For those of you who have been to Paris...what's it like?
paris is an awesome place to visit for a week or two, but i wouldn't choose to live there....but i only want to live in london or anywhere in australia, so im in australia so im happy

Dirty Bertie
10-31-2005, 01:57 PM
paris is an awesome place to visit for a week or two, but i wouldn't choose to live there....but i only want to live in london or anywhere in australia, so im in australia so im happy

Nooooo... dont come to London!!! there's too many aussies here already :p

Human
10-31-2005, 01:57 PM
But I wouldn't be on vacation there...I would be living there meaning I would be going to school there...using their doctors...living in a house...all those types of things you would a normal life except with much more excitement and landmarks...oh yeah...and everything would be more expensive...

Human
10-31-2005, 01:58 PM
I answered your question...

10-31-2005, 01:59 PM
in case you havn't noticed, most of us came from england

T-6005
10-31-2005, 02:01 PM
Paris is awesome... as long as you act in a way befitting a Parisian. They have way too much pride in their city, and take it out on everyone else. They see tourists (and with the amount of tourism in Paris, foreigners in general, Americans in particular) as dirty, impolite heathens who have no respect for the wonders of Paris.

A lot of the time they're right, but they've made it so that anytime someone is foreign they have to be treated with the same disrespect that foreigners show for Paris.... until they show that they deserve to be treated otherwise. And that's an entirely different thing.

Paris is an amazing city though. I love it. Although Parisians are tough people to get used to.

Dirty Bertie
10-31-2005, 02:01 PM
in case you havn't noticed, most of us came from england

well then.. the doors are WIDE open :D

Dirty Bertie
10-31-2005, 02:04 PM
What the heck? Fillipis? I have never heard of it...maybe it was torn down after you moved...or maybe it is just because I'm new to the area...

lol - its like the best pizza place on poway road! next question.. whats the best hamburger at islands in mira mesa?

... oh shit - all my questions are focused on food cos im hungry :D

platinumpt
10-31-2005, 02:04 PM
Paris is awesome. I've been there this last September (actually I went to see The Offspring too :D), and the city is fucking amazing. However, I wouldn't choose to live there... as Flo (SkyRocker) said, it may become kinda boring... but the city has some magic around it, indeed....

Human
10-31-2005, 02:05 PM
lol - its like the best pizza place on poway road! next question.. whats the best hamburger at islands in mira mesa?

... oh shit - all my questions are focused on food cos im hungry :D
Mira mesa is not in Poway...quiz me on the schools and landmarks and stuff...

10-31-2005, 02:06 PM
Paris is awesome. I've been there this last September (actually I went to see The Offspring too :D), and the city is fucking amazing. However, I wouldn't choose to live there... as Flo (SkyRocker) said, it may become kinda boring... but the city has some magic around it, indeed....
thats what i said but nooooo...no one ever pays attention to smash

platinumpt
10-31-2005, 02:09 PM
Yeah Robert, indeed you're right... I replied before reading the whole thread... I just took a quick peek to the posts on the 1st page.... :o

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-31-2005, 02:10 PM
"That's the trouble with Austria. It's a beautiful country, but it's full of fucking Austrians."
-- Bill Bryson, Neither Here Nor There

I don't know why I posted that. I was just reminded.

Dirty Bertie
10-31-2005, 02:10 PM
Mira mesa is not in Poway...quiz me on the schools and landmarks and stuff...

shite - its pretty close and Islands make the BEST burgers!!! :D I bet u go to Poway High... and I can't think of any landmarks in Poway :confused: except the road to ramona or SR.. hehe

Dirty Bertie
10-31-2005, 02:12 PM
"That's the trouble with Austria. It's a beautiful country, but it's full of fucking Austrians."
-- Bill Bryson, Neither Here Nor There

I don't know why I posted that. I was just reminded.

Totally relevant! France is ruined by the French ;) Think how great that nation could be if the Brits were running it...

BTW .. no dissent allowed from riled froggies or unpatriotic brits :D

10-31-2005, 02:12 PM
Yeah Robert, indeed you're right... I replied before reading the whole thread... I just took a quick peek to the posts on the 1st page.... :o
please, just call me Rob, i hate the name Robert

Dirty Bertie
10-31-2005, 02:18 PM
please, just call me Rob, i hate the name Robert

Who the fucks Robert??? I thought you were Smash... :p

10-31-2005, 02:19 PM
Who the fucks Robert??? I thought you were Smash... :p
you seriously thought my name was samsh? nah i know your joking...hopefully.

lets add smash to thier msn
offspring_fanatic91@hotmail.com

Human
10-31-2005, 05:22 PM
shite - its pretty close and Islands make the BEST burgers!!! :D I bet u go to Poway High... and I can't think of any landmarks in Poway :confused: except the road to ramona or SR.. hehe
I'm too damn oung to go to Poway High...I still have 2 more grades to go....sorry for bumping this...

the_offsprings_monkey
10-31-2005, 05:56 PM
Paris is for faggots.

T-6005
10-31-2005, 05:58 PM
Paris is for faggots.
You're an ignorant moron. Paris is great.

Human
10-31-2005, 06:00 PM
Paris is great.
I'm excited to say that...

T-6005
10-31-2005, 06:01 PM
Of course - it's an awesome place. Parisians are just a class of people you need to learn to live with. And going there on vacation as a tourist just doesn't give you the opportunity to learn that.

the_offsprings_monkey
10-31-2005, 06:02 PM
You're an ignorant moron. Paris is great.
Nah it's far to expensive an the people are to stuck up for my liking.

T-6005
10-31-2005, 06:05 PM
Nah it's far to expensive an the people are to stuck up for my liking.
They take pride in their city, and people like you would pretty much assume that it means that they're stuck up. Which would lead to you treating them with no respect for where they live, which would lead to them treating you like an ignorant foreigner - unworthy of being treated normally. And you know - you'd pretty much deserve it.

Human
10-31-2005, 06:11 PM
They take pride in their city, and people like you would pretty much assume that it means that they're stuck up. Which would lead to you treating them with no respect for where they live, which would lead to them treating you like an ignorant foreigner - unworthy of being treated normally. And you know - you'd pretty much deserve it.
I would sig that if I could but I don't know how to... :(

the_offsprings_monkey
10-31-2005, 06:12 PM
Im proud of my city as well, still you dnt see me going round all stuck up calling tourist le scum.

Human
10-31-2005, 06:17 PM
I'm not taking sides here or anything but I don't understand this...If they are proud of their city then why do they hate people who want to visit it so very much?

platinumpt
10-31-2005, 08:50 PM
Paris is for faggots.
Something inside me knew you were actually going to say that sooner or later.