PDA

View Full Version : Favourite sports to watch.

Vera
10-31-2005, 12:38 PM
No poll, polls blow.

My favourites, though I don't watch sports a lot.

Football - The European kind, also known as soccer. Possibly the best sport there is. Especially the World Cups. Football is bigger than life itself, I swears. Just great entertainment.

Snooker - It's like pool/billiard. It's actually quite interesting once you get the hang of it. The rules are simple and the games can be extremely exciting. It's also like the only sport the English are good at. Though the current world #1 might be Irish. Haha.

Curling - Friggin' ace. It has no point whatsoever. I mean, stones on ice?? With brooms to create friction on the ice? It's nuts! And so fucking cool to watch.

bd007h
10-31-2005, 12:39 PM
Hockey, American Football, and Basketball

Paint_It_Black
10-31-2005, 12:47 PM
Football - The European kind, also known as soccer. Possibly the best sport there is. Especially the World Cups. Football is bigger than life itself, I swears. Just great entertainment.

Agreed. It's pretty much the only sport I'll watch. Everything else bores the hell out of me, with the possible exception of ultimate fighting. I say possible, because I don't know if I'd really call it a sport, and because I've only watched it once so far.

.:SMASH:.
10-31-2005, 12:51 PM
rugby league

Megs
10-31-2005, 12:51 PM
*screams* "RUGBY!"

T-6005
10-31-2005, 12:54 PM
rugby league
League is retarded. Union is better. And I can watch it and enjoy the game.

Football (soccer) - agreed. It's the best sport to watch, ever.
Dart throwing - it's pretty fucking intense.
Beach volleyball - Women's only.

Megs
10-31-2005, 12:56 PM
my problem with rugby is i tend to start screaming at the tv, "run you twat run! get a bloody try!" i get too mixed up in it. especially when gloucester are playing..... :rolleyes:

10-31-2005, 12:58 PM
League is retarded. Union is better. And I can watch it and enjoy the game.

Football (soccer) - agreed. It's the best sport to watch, ever.
Dart throwing - it's pretty fucking intense.
Beach volleyball - Women's only.
its an opinional question. i think league. you think union. just say you dont like league. league is a passion sport to me so dont diss it

original_prankster
10-31-2005, 01:00 PM
Watching sports bores the hell outta me. Stuff like this just isn't my cup of tea..

I really hate it around the Superbowl, because that's all everyone talks about...

T-6005
10-31-2005, 01:03 PM
Watching sports bores the hell outta me. Stuff like this just isn't my cup of tea..

I really hate it around the Superbowl, because that's all everyone talks about...
Haha - I live in Canada and hockey's on... it's freaky. Literally scary.

offspring fan
10-31-2005, 01:27 PM
wrestling.....

the_GoDdEsS
10-31-2005, 01:31 PM
Ice hockey.

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-31-2005, 01:34 PM
Football - European kind/soccer. I don't support anyone but I enjoy watching games, especially internationals.

Tennis - Not enough people watch or care about tennis. And I wish they did.

Archery - FUCK YES, ARCHERY.

memento
10-31-2005, 01:46 PM
ice-hockey - big guys on skates, hitting, scoring and fighting.

10-31-2005, 01:47 PM
ice-hockey - big guys on skates, hitting, scoring and fighting.
migits wrestleing

memento
10-31-2005, 01:49 PM
Your post makes no sense.

bd007h
10-31-2005, 03:30 PM
Nascar and Baseball.

nascar and baseball are for faggots

platinumpt
10-31-2005, 03:32 PM
Soccer, of course. I'm a supporter of FC Porto (portugal) and FC Chelsea (in england)

Offspring7
10-31-2005, 04:09 PM
Soccer/Football -I play the sport therefore I actually understand whats going on making it fun to watch. but usually i only watch men's soccer/football.

North American Football - its fun to watch but more fun at the high school level within the cheering section.

Ice Hockey -There is no better sport. There is something so HOT about an ice hockey player. and when they fight...yummm. i enjoy watching ice hockey a lot.

the_offsprings_monkey
10-31-2005, 04:29 PM
Ice hockey is my fave sport to watch and I also watch football.

SkunkIt
10-31-2005, 04:41 PM
Anything extreme sports, monster trucks going off the ground, hockey, rugby, karate.

bd007h
10-31-2005, 04:54 PM
it's weird, my favorite sports to watch (hockey, football) I don't play, and the sports I play, I don't watch (soccer and karate). I used to play and watch basketball, but not as much anymore

0r4ng3
10-31-2005, 06:28 PM
Call me a nerd if you like, but all I like to watch is Texas Hold 'em. I'm just not a sports person.

Betty
10-31-2005, 06:40 PM
I find I can much better appreciate watching sports I've played, because I know the rules, and appreciate the skill. I enjoy watching volleyball, obviously, cause I play it and adore it. I like watching baseball, some people find it really boring, but I don't know, it's pretty decent.

I don't really watch hockey, but I kinda have to sometimes. When we flicked it to the game on Saturday, Ottawa was beating Toronto 8-0. Wow.

Soccer, no. It's funny, it's such a european thing... when the World Cup comes on all the european students go nuts. Football, no. I still haven't figured out the rules, so it bores me to death. Although, one afternoon I watched the better part of an exciting game, and I must admit it was watcheable. Oh, golf is pretty boring to watch too. And basketball.

And I like all the stupid sports... curling (hell yeah, Sanni!), bowling, pool, darts, ping-pong (haven't watched this, but guaranteed it would be great), etc.

The dumbest part about sports fans though is that they are retardedly competitive, and they feel passionate hate for other teams, which seems totally unecessary.

Also, watching live sports is 100000% better.

bd007h
10-31-2005, 06:44 PM
Call me a nerd if you like, but all I like to watch is Texas Hold 'em. I'm just not a sports person.

NERD!!!!! Sorry, couldn't resist

0r4ng3
10-31-2005, 06:45 PM
Yeah, I figured you wouldn't.

Sin Studly
10-31-2005, 07:10 PM
I like cockfighting.

SkyRocker
10-31-2005, 11:13 PM
Soccer : Preferred sport, I used to play at a high level but studying stopped me. I support LYON which rocks. I think I didn't miss any european game result since 8 years...

Rugby : Please don't start to tell me it's like american football. It's way more interesting and intelligent. One of the last which respects all the law of friendlyness in sport. I played it for a little time.

HandBall : The same as soccer, played during 6 years in my town's team. I wa spretty good. Very fast sport, which I enjoy watching.

bd007h
10-31-2005, 11:28 PM
Rugby : Please don't start to tell me it's like american football. It's way more interesting and intelligent. One of the last which respects all the law of friendlyness in sport. I played it for a little time.

More interesting and intelligent?? I take it you haven't watched much American Football

Isolated Fury
10-31-2005, 11:29 PM
More interesting and intelligent?? I take it you haven't watched much American Football
And exactly how much rugby have you watched?

SkyRocker
10-31-2005, 11:31 PM
I did and the only interesting way is how you protect your players to open the way to the touch down.
Except that, it's pass-run. Rugby playing is so enjoyable by the way players are looking forward TOGETHER, I mean the ball is constantly moving.
And am i wrong saying the shoot between the pals is way too easy ?

platinumpt
11-01-2005, 06:41 AM
Does anyone like Speedball? ;P

Tijs
11-01-2005, 06:53 AM
When I read the title of the thread the first things that came in my mind were Football (soccer) and Curling (except I didn't know the name of the post until I read Vera's post). I sometimes sign up for a football tournament, soon there's an indoor tournament and I'm in for that.

I also like to watch gymnastics, some of the stuff they do is really awesome. I like watching icehockey and basicly any sports japanese people are good at.

Sports I really don't like to see are tennis, swimming, fighting sports, hockey, volleyball (and more of those kinda sports).

notoriousdoc
11-01-2005, 06:53 AM
Dodgeball, it kicks fucking ass

Vera
11-01-2005, 07:56 AM
migits wrestleing
That may be the only funny thing you have ever posted and ever will but still, major props for it.

Yay for soccer fans. I think World Cup is where you get the best action, though it can be frustratingly obvious some players aren't into playing for what is essentially honor and not money (*cough* Henry *cough*). But yeah. Finland is shite at football so they're never in these major championships. I tend to support France, though. Their 1998 victory was what sparked my interest in the whole sport.

Floorball, Zee? You've got to be kidding me.

T-6005
11-01-2005, 07:59 AM
I don't mind Henry so much. Of course, I'm out of touch with pretty much all of France's current side - but we've been absolutely shockingly mediocre in the past few years, so it's not that surprising.

Tizzalicious
11-01-2005, 08:00 AM
Football (being soccer), is the only sport I occasionally watch. Big games only though, world//european championships, things like that.

Oh, and I like to watch gymnastics sometimes too. I used to LOVE that when I was a kid. But it's not like I'm gonna sit down and watch it. It's more something I would do when I have nothing better to do, but I have the net for that now.

Vera
11-01-2005, 08:28 AM
I don't mind Henry so much. Of course, I'm out of touch with pretty much all of France's current side - but we've been absolutely shockingly mediocre in the past few years, so it's not that surprising.
I just wish Henry would kick as much ass when playing for France as when he's playing for the team that pays him 984979665978 somehting per year.

The sad thing is that France is pretty much nothing without Zidane, he's the moral backbone of the team and without his help, the whole team tends to fall apart and get beaten by the worst of teams. They have tons of good players but without Zidane the team can't seem to get their act together. I watched one tragic Ireland - France match last autumn. It was so puzzling. France, losing against ..IRELAND?! But yeah. Hope for the best.

My other favourite country teams would have to be South-Korea & Portugal. And Sweden, when nothing better comes along.

SkyRocker
11-01-2005, 08:44 AM
Henry, as you said, is only good with Arsenal because his way of playing fits perfectly with English football.
Concerning France, i don't bother worrying about their results though i watch them. Zidane's not our god, you can remark the quality of the play is the same with him, our defence was good before the return of Thuram and Makelele is doing really bad games these times. That's only a question of confidence.
We've just discovered that Zidane and his friends were the real people who select players for France, that's why we're having so much problems.

By now, THE team is Holland, there kicking everyone's ass.

Vera
11-01-2005, 09:02 AM
Yeah, Holland is like ...number two in the world ranking right now, right? Ridiculously good. Czech is third, I think, another favourite team of mine.

Oh, that's really interesting, I had no idea about that. I don't understand French so I can't follow local media or even understand a quarter of what the Les Bleus website says, heh. Anyway, I hope France qualifies well for the World Cup. :]

SkyRocker
11-01-2005, 09:10 AM
Yeah, indeed, but world ranking is not reliable, you know...England is 9, should be 30 or whatever more.
And it's a shame Czech and Holland were in the same group, they deserve to be both qualified.
You better not know what's happening in our team by now, everybody is disapointed about that, even the coach...I don't think we'll be good during the world cup but who knows.

I don't know
11-01-2005, 09:24 AM
I don't like watching sports, it's so boring, I prefer to know the results.

Original prankstA
11-01-2005, 09:26 AM
wresling...i find it funny

HeadAroundU
11-01-2005, 09:41 AM
Ice hockey all the way and soccer too!

Slovakia - Spain 5:0 :p

XYlophonetreeZ
11-01-2005, 09:46 AM
Basketball is my favorite. I have a short attention span and need the speed of it. I really like to watch most sports if there's a team I'm interested in playing. Hockey, soccer, occasionally baseball or football. Just NOT NASCAR. For the love of God... no. I'm in the heart of NASCAR country here and it's just not cool.

Yeah, and attending sports events > anything. The Carolina Hurricanes' stadium is about a 5-minute drive from my house. I'ma hit a couple-a games up over my winter break.

Paint_It_Black
11-01-2005, 10:32 AM
Orange, I can enjoy watching some Texas Hold 'em too, but would you really call it a sport? Surely a game with no physical side is just a game.