PDA

View Full Version : Procrastination, Revisited

wheelchairman
10-31-2005, 12:43 PM
Lolz offspring song reference.

So I have to do a literary analysis, in Danish. Of stories written in the 1800's. This depresses me. :(

Now really, no matter what time I start I'll probably get a barely passing grade. Which is fine with me, however, I should start tonight. So procrastinate with me. I'm running on a pot of coffee. Anyone up for monopoly?

T-6005
10-31-2005, 12:46 PM
HAha - I can identify with wasting time. I was late to my Chinese class, skipped English and then fell asleep and stayed that way through science.

wheelchairman
10-31-2005, 12:49 PM
I didn't have classes today. Because I watched the Godfather part I.

What is wrong with me?

However, I got a perfect score on my English essay. A perfect score is incredibly rare in Denmark, even for native speakers.

Paint_It_Black
10-31-2005, 12:49 PM
I could be persuaded to let you dominate me some more...regarding Monopoly that is. Unfortunately not right now, as I badly need sleep.

T-6005
10-31-2005, 12:51 PM
However, I got a perfect score on my English essay. A perfect score is incredibly rare in Denmark, even for native speakers.
I haven't seen a perfect score in quite some time. I got my science quiz back today and I got a 72. I'm not too pissed, though, because I left 1/5 of the quiz blank. Apparently Plato's theory of forms was important enough to be on the quiz. Dammit.

the_GoDdEsS
10-31-2005, 01:18 PM
Work till 4 or 5am again? But come on, aren't you the God of Bullshit? Once you get started, you'll put something together.

wheelchairman
10-31-2005, 01:42 PM
Oral presentations in English are easier :p

Once I wrote about the distilllation process of tequila in a danish assignment, because it filled up space. Simpyl because the story had cactus juice in it.

JoY
10-31-2005, 01:50 PM
I failed an exam today thanks to procrastination. I'm not a happy bunny. I really don't know anymore how to motivate myself to get any further, no matter how badly I want it.

the_GoDdEsS
10-31-2005, 01:53 PM
Sometimes it's not even motivation, sometimes it's just strict discipline. I'm a child of the regime, I should know about discipline. =(

wheelchairman
10-31-2005, 02:12 PM
I failed an exam today thanks to procrastination. I'm not a happy bunny. I really don't know anymore how to motivate myself to get any further, no matter how badly I want it.
I know the feeling. I should be trying to pass, this is my last year, and I worked so hard the other two. But I just can't force myself to do it. *hugs Bella*. If I was in Holland, I'd say we should take a trip to the pub and commiserate.

JoY
10-31-2005, 02:19 PM
ooo baby, do I feel like drinking. if it wasn't for a bit of experience, I'd be sitting here with two open bottles of wine as my company. *sigh* wine is good. but not alone when you feel crappy.

you know? I still don't understand how I managed to get 54 out of 60 points I had to achieve in a year, had ONE exam left to do, passed EVERYTHING else, & THEN let it all slip through my fingers by messing it up. I just don't get it. if there was a god, he would've given me just ONE milligram of fucking discipline to start something & FINISH it with a remotely alright result.

rah. thanks for the hugs, sugar. *cuddle*

Izie
10-31-2005, 02:21 PM
I can't wait till we procrastinate together in December :)

However, I agree with Sim - discipline is all there is to it. Ask the retard who finishes essays 15 days ahead, heh.

...which reminds me, I should start on the other ones, hmmm :/

wheelchairman
10-31-2005, 02:22 PM
well I have alcohol. we could go on msn and drink together that way. but that is kinda lame as well. :p
<3

JoY
10-31-2005, 02:26 PM
nah. got practical classes early in the morning. after that fysiotherapy & then a studygroup meeting-sort of thing. obligatory. going by bike, crutches on the steeringwheel. *smiles* I limp all over Amsterdam these days!

Mota Boy
10-31-2005, 02:48 PM
God, I had a take-home astronomy test over the weekend. I remembered it at seven o'clock Sunday night, started it at nine... and finished it at one p.m. today. I have procrastination down to a very messy art.

Oh, and I've gone to one of my classes about four or five times this semester.

I tried signing up for games.com once, but they didn't let me.

Tizzalicious
10-31-2005, 02:57 PM
Are you planning on doing this at 4.00 am again?

I'm in for some monopoly though. Always.

Betty
10-31-2005, 03:49 PM
This weekend I did nothing on Friday, party organizing Saturday, got ridiculously drunk on Saturday night, and was hungover for the better part of the day on Sunday. All in all it was not a very productive weekend.

I think I am at the worst I have ever been in my life in terms of lack of motivation to do school work. It's my last year for my degree and I'm just getting sick of studying for tests and writing up pointless lab reports, because I've done it a million times. Either that, or I just forget having been just as bad in the past. But 7/12 weeks of class are done and I have 3 major reports/seminars to do plus another 3 midterms, so I am officially cracking down this week. OFFICIALLY. No MSN. Nothing. Discipline. Only a little BBS.

Tired_Of_You
10-31-2005, 04:27 PM
I failed an exam today thanks to procrastination.Me too. 44%. In geography. I can't believe it, I thought the exam was hard, but 44%???

It's what happens when I procrastinate...
- Tomorrow : Oral presentation tomorrow morning and I'm not prepared enough. An important homework and analysis in economics and I still didn't finish it and probably won't. I also have to read an article, but I forgot which one.

- Thursday : Oral presentation in English. I finally found on which subject I want to do it. I'm not prepared at all, I only found the subject yet. For geography : I have to write a couple of pages about some useless stuff not really related to geography. Almost done nothing yet.

- Friday : Huge, huuuuuuge "plan" for my sociology class. I already worked 3-4 hours on it, so I didn't procrastinate for this work, but it is the only one. It's still far away from being finished.

- I have to read a book, make a summary of that book(actually, a summary for each chapter) and talk about all the characters. I also have to write something about emperors for my history class. I also have exams, just in case I have the time to study...

It doesn't seem that bad, but I don't have the time to do them at all. Keep in mind that they are all long homeworks and plan and whatever they are. I'll be at school from 8am to 6pm (and I arrive at home at 7h15pm...great) I don't know how I'll be able to do that. It just seems impossible...

wheelchairman
10-31-2005, 11:12 PM
I'm awesome. So yeah I never wrote it last night. I decided to read the short story, and just think about it during the night. Get up early, and write more after I shower and breakfast. And that was one of the smarter choices I made. I just made a kickass analysis.

HornyPope
10-31-2005, 11:36 PM
I did that sometimes, like per, but usualy the results were disastrous because I ended up waked up and pissed at the hanging essay and so I would decide to walk in and accept a zero or not go to class all together. That was in college though. I gave two shits over my grades.

In school I would just find a way to compose it before class, either on a bus (a 6 minute ride, mind you). before bell rings (when i arrived 3 minutes earlier),during period (when all teachers in school were mandated to stop any child from doing other activity in class) or between classes (we had 3 minutes to get from class to class).