PDA

View Full Version : anyone else mind pick up this?

NDMownerkami
11-29-2004, 02:55 PM
ok i no im sad but listening to "blackball" for the first time a way bak i remember hearing the line at 2:18... was i the only person who thought for a quick second that dexter sings "cant carry on in a world of choclates"?

has anyone else misunderstood lines like that? or am i just messed up lol

kami

Offspring_01
11-29-2004, 03:11 PM
No. But what he really says is "can't carry on in this world of jugglers"

Floyd the Barber
11-29-2004, 05:28 PM
ok i no im sad but listening to "blackball" for the first time a way bak i remember hearing the line at 2:18... was i the only person who thought for a quick second that dexter sings "cant carry on in a world of choclates"?

:D

Chocolates?

That's funny. But yeah, I've definitely misheard Dexter sometimes, especially in his faster songs.

greencows12
11-29-2004, 05:39 PM
red over white, it's one last fatal scene brought on by butterfly scene moving on their own bring on the night and bring us all to our knees I like home and none agreed one who acts alone nobody wins nobody hears us fall nobody wins when it's done conspiracy of fun! lol:D

GBH2
11-29-2004, 06:06 PM
ha, it's kinda funny how you're mind makes up lyrics like that. it's happened to me before

Tired_Of_You
11-29-2004, 06:19 PM
I can hear the chocolates :D

Here's something related and not realted at the same time, hehe :
There's something they call "hallucinations auditive", it is when you hear some words in a song that sounds like it is in French. For example in All I Want during the chorus you can hear : "sors d'la bote", which means : come out of the box. But it's the only one I know from an Offspring songs and I don't find this one really good.

A better one would be : Metallica - The Unforgiven. In the beggining when the singer begins to sing you can hear him say : "Nous faisons des oeufs et quick quick ils sont doux". ( which means : "we do eggs and quick quick they are soft"). In a Celine Dion song you can clearly hear : On ris d'mes tetons ( we laughs about my boobs).

Sometimes it can be really funny. The funiest ones were probably in Rammstein songs.

big_man
11-29-2004, 06:42 PM
hehe, Yeh, now i listen 2 all those songs i can all of the things u say....
Chocolates, Yep
Conspiracy of fun yep
lol, this is hilarious, especially the french thing.... :D

NDMownerkami
12-01-2004, 09:49 AM
some more ones... but not funny ones.. are
"AAALLLL AT ONCE!" ((guess which songs :P))
"now excitment seems to glow"

oh and noticed something else... ((at least on my windows media player anyway)) "something to belive in" and "come out and play" are both 3:17 long... and right next to each other... just thought id note it... mainly cause im a total sad act :P

MirandaV
12-01-2004, 10:07 AM
Consequences are a lot but hey
..'Consequences are a lost party

yummy yummy punkrockgirl
12-01-2004, 10:09 AM

has anyone else misunderstood lines like that? or am i just messed up lol

kami

teehee :p

yummy yummy punkrockgirl
12-01-2004, 10:17 AM
Quote by Billie Joe Armstrong:

"On New Years Eve in 1987 was the first sold out show I went to at Gillman St. That was the first time I saw Operation Ivy. It caught me off guard because there were all these people on stage. Most of them seemed to be their friends and were singing along with them. They even gave a group of people their own microphone. Ya see, I always thought that up on the stage is where the rock stars are, and down below is where the fans are, so I thought, "what the hell? The whole place was jumpin with their friends, this ain't no concert!" I thought it was an inside joke that only the people at Gillman understood. And all I wanted to do was be a part of the whole thing, so I jumped on stage with everybody and started to sing along too. And guess what? No one kicked me off. I didn't even know what the hell they were singing, but I don't think anyone did. At one time I thought "Junkies Running Dry" was "Dumpty's Coming By" And I think everyone else that was there had their own song titles too.

After the show all my friends packed into a station wagon and took off for home. My friend Mike went home with a BeeGees record he won in the Stikky dance competition. My friend John Santos was picking Isocracy confetti out of his hair for the next three days, and I had "Hellen Drank My Beer" ("Yellin' in My Ear") stuck in my head, as we rode back the suburban shithole we called home. "

check it out: http://www.operationivy.com/quotes.php

Hyper nova
12-01-2004, 10:59 AM
Never notice the chocolates but have heard some lyrics sounding like somthing else and I have to double check the lyrics so dont fell bad. Ive even thought a song's lyrics were somthing reasonable and ended up embarising myself at concerts or somthing cause everyone else is singing back somthing different. :eek: