PDA

View Full Version : Linkin Park sucks: Agree or Disagree?

Pages : [1] 2

Floyd the Barber
11-29-2004, 05:45 PM
I realize there may be some LP fans on here...if that's the case, I'd love to hear from y'all. Why do you like them?

I'm sorry, but any band that would willfully make a music video/song as mind-blowingly queer as "Breaking the Habit" has got to get a "sucks" in my book.

Their lead singer is the most whiny little fruit I've ever heard. And every time that other wigger tries to "rap", I either keel over with laughter or walk away in disgust.

What are your thoughts?

Tijs
11-29-2004, 06:02 PM
I like them, even though I know I should think they suck and I understand many reasons why they should suck, but I can't help it, I like their music. Wouldn't call myself a fan though, I only own two albums and poster.

GBH2
11-29-2004, 06:02 PM
some of their songs are kind of catchy, but their music isn't very good. I also really hate when their other singer tries to rap

greencows12
11-29-2004, 06:22 PM
in concert, they were fun, but on reanimation, I didn't like them anymore because they sucked, but the concert was fun, cypress hill kept everyone awake.:D

GreenTerror
11-29-2004, 08:35 PM
They suck.

pie.
11-30-2004, 03:23 AM
yeah, ur rite they do suck.^^

Idiot
11-30-2004, 04:29 AM
I like them, even though I know I should think they suck and I understand many reasons why they should suck, but I can't help it, I like their music. Wouldn't call myself a fan though, I only own two albums and poster.
Yeah likewise, except I don't have a poster of theirs.

BuddyHolly
11-30-2004, 05:01 AM
They suck..

Lithuanian Offspring
11-30-2004, 05:17 AM
I think they suck.

Satankaban
11-30-2004, 06:11 AM
Their first album is good but after they released "Re-Animation" they suck!

Jojan
11-30-2004, 07:31 AM
They Suck!

punk_flamingo
11-30-2004, 07:54 AM
they've always sucked

i dont like bands like LInkin Park - and we have so many of them now.

carmen man
11-30-2004, 08:29 AM
they suck ass man! to whiney! ok, sum of the music is ok but every time i hav heard the little guy singing "shut up wen im talking to you" it makes me wanna laugh and slap him at the same time!
they are past it, if they ever had 'it' to begin with!

-----------------------------------------
carmensucks.co.uk

Heat
11-30-2004, 01:34 PM
yeah.... linkin park sucks

this nu-metal crap sucks... in my mind it isnt metal, its trash :D

lousyskater
11-30-2004, 02:05 PM
i've hated them since they were first played on the radio. i just cant stand them.

yummy yummy punkrockgirl
11-30-2004, 02:07 PM
They Suck!

and they swallow too

Tijs
11-30-2004, 02:29 PM
this nu-metal crap sucks... in my mind it isnt metal, its trash :D
That's why it's called nu-metal, and not metal.
Just like hardcore-punk isn't the same as punk which isn't the same as ska-punk which isn't the same as pop-punk. Get it?

original_prankster
11-30-2004, 02:41 PM
I like Linkin Park personally.

Tired_Of_You
11-30-2004, 02:43 PM
They're not so bad, but I don't really like them. I think there's so much worse bands than them. It doesn't bother me to hear LP on the radio or see their video. I won't buy any of their albums, though.

SuperKnux
11-30-2004, 03:05 PM
I can list a shit load of worse bands than Linkin Park.

I like them. I saw them at Projekt Revolution, and they really tore it up. Very fun show.

As for your question, I like them because the songs are catchy, and have a certain energy to them to pump any person up. I agree that the music they write is so cliche' and very angsty, but.. to me, they do it in such a way that it doesn't sound as retarded as crap you expect to hear from Trapt, or Smile Empty Soul, or Three Days Grace, or Crossfade, or Shinedown, ect.

I know they can have a some really lame lyrics, and at times repeat themselfs (Reanimation, Live in Texas, ect.). But I strongly feel that, with all the nu-metal bullshit clogging up the air waves, Linkin Park does it better then the rest. Which is why their success is so huge as oppose to the crap they spawned.

Well, there is my 2 cents.

Eccentric Sara
11-30-2004, 03:37 PM
Yeah,I agree. I have their first album,but everything they did after that was too bland for me to bother buying it. I do actually like the song and video for "Breaking The Habit" though,however embarrassing that may appear. All their recent stuff is too samey,so I've lost interest in them.

Naz
11-30-2004, 03:42 PM
Theyre the kind of band that dont really offend me, i'll listen to them but I wont buy any of their stuff.

smileemptysoul44
11-30-2004, 05:49 PM
they rule they are to rock what eminem is to rap

Floyd the Barber
11-30-2004, 05:57 PM

*Throws up*

babycraze{Angie}
11-30-2004, 07:52 PM
they suck becuz they got soft after Hybrid Theory, which was my fav album and still is, on Meteora they got all soft and shit, i dun't like soft rock except Incubus, only Lying From You is a song i really like by LP, the rest (in my opinion) all suck. even tho sum songs i did like at 1st, the only thing is they need to blame Television broadcasts such as MTV as to y i hate them now becuz they play them over and over and....yea u get my drift, it got annoying is what im trying to say.

Offspring_01
11-30-2004, 08:03 PM
I realize there may be some LP fans on here...if that's the case, I'd love to hear from y'all. Why do you like them?

I'm sorry, but any band that would willfully make a music video/song as mind-blowingly queer as "Breaking the Habit" has got to get a "sucks" in my book.

Their lead singer is the most whiny little fruit I've ever heard. And every time that other wigger tries to "rap", I either keel over with laughter or walk away in disgust.

What are your thoughts?

I totally agree with you. I used to listen to them, and after a while I realized that "these guys are horrible!" No talent at all. All they're songs sound the same (in my opinion) and they're singer is the worst since Bob Dylan. The guitar riffs are the same in every song. (and if they're not exactly the same they are ALMOST exactly the same). So I stopped listening to them. Now I just listen to The Offspring.

I could fart music that sounds better than Linkin Parks music. :D

lousyskater
11-30-2004, 08:06 PM
i guess that means that they suck more than i could have possibly ever have imagined.

ThatOneGuy123
11-30-2004, 09:43 PM
LP rocks man its just sinsce they got Jay-Z people dont like em anymore but as far as i can say there one of my all time favorites

Floyd the Barber
12-01-2004, 12:32 PM
LP rocks man its just sinsce they got Jay-Z people dont like em anymore but as far as i can say there one of my all time favorites

*Barf*

I think you should expand your horizons.

acgc2002
12-01-2004, 12:57 PM
I donīt listen to Linkin park...but they donīt suck either. It is like their existance does not bug me... I donīt care...but I canīt say they suck or that I hate them. I just know that I donīt like them.

saska de o...
12-01-2004, 01:18 PM
YEah.... i hate when, e.x. i'm in the disco, and there is Linkin Park song... my classmates sing so loud and its terrible... ugh... ;/

punk_flamingo
12-02-2004, 12:16 AM

people never liked them...they've always sucked, get over them and get better taste in music.

Obie2trice
12-02-2004, 06:24 AM
Everyone his music. I like Hybrid Theory and Meteora didn`t sound that bad either. The remix cd sucked and I`m very curious about the Jay-Z mix. Who has the album? What do you thinkt about it?

Tijs
12-02-2004, 07:27 AM
I've only heard the song Numb/something they did with Jay-Z, they played it quite a few times on MTV (live though). It was not that good, but then again, Chester can't sing very well live when it comes to the softer parts of the songs.

Subsidal
12-02-2004, 08:07 AM
Definitely disagree. Doesn't matter what all other say, I like their music

4eh
12-02-2004, 09:21 AM
you know.... i liked them when they were not popular, but know they had become very POPular, so their latest album sucks

Sucker with no selfesteem
12-02-2004, 11:57 AM
Meteora - good album, but other is sucks... The Offspring much better :)

Master of Puppets
12-02-2004, 01:57 PM
theyre good, but i got REALLY REALLY sick of them, and theyre idiots too....actually maybe its just i started getting into stuff like led zeppelin and realized how completely devoid of talent LP was

GBH2
12-02-2004, 04:57 PM
I've only heard the song Numb/something they did with Jay-Z, they played it quite a few times on MTV (live though). It was not that good, but then again, Chester can't sing very well live when it comes to the softer parts of the songs.

chester can't sing live at all

Fly White Guy
12-02-2004, 10:38 PM
I used to like them then their stuff got all crapy...And annoying...

So yeah they suck.

dirty_magic
12-06-2004, 03:52 AM
they have always been crappy and annoying and their fan base is mainly 10year old people trying to find a good genre of music to get into, luckily most of them get out of that stage!

meaning_of_life
12-06-2004, 06:45 AM
i get the feeling that they think there niggers, with all the mixing that goes on in there music with the lame rapping, and now theyve made a CD with jay-z it confirms it

Lullaby
12-06-2004, 10:25 AM
I cant hear them anymore....they really go on my nervs....at the beginning Id really like them but now.......they suck........especially this jay z shit....

Subsidal
12-06-2004, 10:29 AM
I agree with the Jay Z shit, but I hate you for the rest :mad:

Dante
12-06-2004, 10:55 AM

What are your thoughts?

Linkin Park is okay I like them
I like their songs

Maria
12-06-2004, 11:29 AM
I used to like them, but now i don't anymore... they're just...well...BORRING!

acgc2002
12-06-2004, 11:33 AM
they donīt suck so much but I wouldnīt buy their CD. :eek:

Lullaby
12-06-2004, 11:42 AM
I agree with the Jay Z shit, but I hate you for the rest :mad:

*cries* why?

I really used to like them...but I dunno...Its kinda boring........... :(

Subsidal
12-06-2004, 11:44 AM
I was just kidding. I still like LInkin Park and I own 3 from 4 albums (I can't be bother to buy their shitty live CD)

Chainsaw
12-06-2004, 12:46 PM
Strongly Agree!!! (That they suck)

slayer/metallicafan661
12-06-2004, 03:56 PM
lp kicks ass without jay-z

OffspringInOz
12-07-2004, 03:58 AM
LINKIN PARK IS THE BEST BAND EVER!
THEY'RE SOOOOO MUCH BETTER THAN OFFSPRING!!!!!

Nah, just kidding, if I meant that, I'm afraid I'd have to kick myself up the arse..

But they are good, I really like their harder songs like "Don't Stay", and most of "lying from you" is good, I bought Meteora a while ago and I hated it..I suppose they're the kind of band that u take a while to get used to.
But to become one of my fav bands they really gotta lose this (c)rap shit.

quite often, this wanker ruins a song by trying to impersonate a black guy and making himself try to sound cool.

and i bought the lp/j-z album cos it was half-price 4 a x-mas sale, and its pretty bad...well...i just don't see why the hell they made it...i mean, they already had a crap-ass rapper, why get another guy to do it..they should drop this rap shit and concerntrate on good, hard rock

OffspringInOz
12-07-2004, 03:59 AM
btw, i hate their first album..there's barely any singing in it

Zugg Island Convict
12-07-2004, 12:56 PM
i think they suck................

tsrbiohazard
12-07-2004, 07:50 PM
meh, i was totally obsessed with linkin park about 9 months ago, then i got into the offspring. i still like em, and i think their cd with jay-z was incredible just for the fact that they proved mixing two completely different sounds can sound really good.

so yeah i dont hate them but if they come out with a new album, i'd definately get it

slayer/metallicafan661
12-07-2004, 07:59 PM
well there is metallica they went on tour with lp

but then there is a another metal band slayer myself and unsanctioned

we like slayer i have 8 of their albums my freind has 2 but he have another
slayer cd but anyways check out slayer they are good.

The Disclaimer
12-07-2004, 08:51 PM
LP is preatty good... i like them

they're not the ultimate New Metall band.... but their good and they deserve me downloading some of their albums.. but not buying them

but they've made too some real shit.... we all know that...

Floyd the Barber
12-08-2004, 12:05 PM
well there is metallica they went on tour with lp

but then there is a another metal band slayer myself and unsanctioned

we like slayer i have 8 of their albums my freind has 2 but he have another
slayer cd but anyways check out slayer they are good.

You're an idiot. We understand that you are hopelessly narrow-minded and obsessed with a whopping two bands, but please...go be annoying somewhere else.

Mr. Noodles
12-11-2004, 05:18 AM
LINKIN PARK ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:cool: Theyr'e one of my favorite bands!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

slayer/metallicafan661
12-13-2004, 06:04 PM
likin park is kool

Master of Puppets
12-13-2004, 06:24 PM
i have to admit i used to like them, but have since gotten sick of them and think they are brutally overplayed

blackstargirl
12-13-2004, 06:34 PM
i think that it's a pretty good ass band

blackstargirl
12-13-2004, 06:41 PM
oh i have one more think to say i like the dudes but they fucked it up with that other fool...jayz that's stupid

OffspringRrlz
12-14-2004, 12:02 PM
Disagree.(10char)

extraordinarygoodgrocer
12-14-2004, 04:24 PM
Agree, not a fan I'm afraid. Not a fan of Nu-metal in general.

Anya82
12-15-2004, 11:15 AM
I like Linkin Park.
I like the fact that they mix different sounds, and styles.

Fernômeno
12-15-2004, 04:15 PM
They have some very good songs, but they suck in many ways, the instrumental part of theier songs are crap, but Man....Chester can sing, his vocals are extraordinay, he screams and then sing calm verses just after without any problem, live or not...

bd007h
12-15-2004, 04:32 PM
Chester is a great singer. LP is a decent band, nothing great, but fun to listen to sometimes.

Funky-Munky
12-15-2004, 04:46 PM
linkin park sucks is all i gotta say

Floyd the Barber
12-15-2004, 04:57 PM
They have some very good songs, but they suck in many ways, the instrumental part of theier songs are crap, but Man....Chester can sing, his vocals are extraordinay, he screams and then sing calm verses just after without any problem, live or not...

I still say he sounds like a whiny little fruit.

babycraze{Angie}
12-15-2004, 05:44 PM
Nah, I think the match up with Jay-Z is raw!!!! Shit, after such a while, I finally got to hear sumthing from them that doesn't add up to bullshit like "Breaking The Habit." I dun't have the album, but that song is good in my opinion. By the way, the song is called Numb/Encore.

::Silvia::
12-17-2004, 12:39 PM
I like Lp. Maybe the quality of the music isn't very high, but the meaning of their texts is good, and it helped me a lot of time

Subsidal
12-19-2004, 04:34 AM
I agree! Jay Z sucks, but everything else is good!

It just sucks that the LP part in that song is so good. I love the 'What the hell are you waiting for' part Chester sings but I could beat up Jay Z

slayer/metallicafan661
12-19-2004, 03:40 PM
lp is a good band

offspringrammsteinfan
12-20-2004, 01:13 AM
agreed! They suck like shit on toast!

uallsuck!
04-28-2005, 05:09 PM

What are your thoughts?
well i will answer ur question. 1 because they are the best, 2 because they rock, and 3 because they are the coolest one ok got it ! and all of you who hates lp suck!

uallsuck!
04-28-2005, 05:10 PM
lp is a good band
i agree with you!

uallsuck!
04-28-2005, 05:11 PM
It just sucks that the LP part in that song is so good. I love the 'What the hell are you waiting for' part Chester sings but I could beat up Jay Z
you suck! :mad:

Italia311
04-29-2005, 12:43 AM
I think linkin park has more creativity and talent then offspring.

Swill
04-29-2005, 04:37 AM
I think linkin park are so refreshing in comparison to a lot of the other crap thats floating around out there these days. There excellent..........really creative and they give a shit and put 100% into all their projects..........mike shinoda has a solo project coming out soon...fort minor...should be good....
________
Pov masturbatio (http://www.fucktube.com/video/33372/pov-sticky-masturbation-session-with-syrup)

Heat
04-29-2005, 07:48 AM
Originally Posted by smileemptysoul44

i guess that means that they suck more than i could have possibly ever have imagined.

totally agree with you...

i really dont like them and I hate it when a really bad album like the crap they have made with jay-z is in a music store under metal (arghh....).
they aren't good musicans and the rap parts just suck.

you dont know anything about music. noodles is a much better guitarist than the dumb-ass from linkin park (just take a closer look to the first offspring album) and sometimes the drums are really great because they are fast and have for punk-rock asskicking fills.

mgs.sade
04-29-2005, 08:41 AM
i thiknk you know nothing about music

Kodama
04-29-2005, 09:14 AM
I disagree you stupid piece of shit. :mad:

jrk247
04-29-2005, 09:31 AM
They're ok :cool:

Heat
04-29-2005, 09:36 AM
i thiknk you know nothing about music

I am a musican so dont tell me something about music if you dont play any instrument :cool:

Dream Theater is a band which is very talented... they are gods on their instruments. but linkin park??????????? :p

Italia311
04-29-2005, 10:27 AM
WOW you are a musician!!!!!! I don't want to get into Detail but, I did study music at ontario conservitory of music for 10 yrs. Offspring's "fills" in their songs aren't anything to brag about, neither is noodles guitar playing. Anyone can play 4 chord songs with like a 5 second solo...literally. Why don't you stretch your music knowledge beyond "punk music" and give something else a chance. You will realize there are hundreds of bands out there better then offspring. Linkin Park blends different styles of music together, offspring just followed in the footsteps. Thats the Creativity.

P.S - You wanna see a REAL fucking DRUMMER? Someone that will BLOW AWAY Ron, or "Atom" or any other punk drummer Or any Drummer??

Click the link Fool.
http://www.drummerworld.com/Videos/dannycarey.html

Tell me you know about music...hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Jimbob2005
04-29-2005, 10:46 AM
I only like some songs

JohnnyNemesis
04-29-2005, 10:57 AM
I don't want to get into Detail but, I did study music at ontario conservitory of music for 10 yrs. Offspring's "fills" in their songs aren't anything to brag about, neither is noodles guitar playing. Anyone can play 4 chord songs with like a 5 second solo...literally.

If I study music for 10 years and use this knowledge to instill myself with some sense of crediblity in order to argue with imbeciles on The Offspring BBS, please shoot me for being such an insecure loser.

Linkin Park's first album is catchy, but overall they're pretty much a joke. Whiny, repetitive, and image driven stuff. "Numb", by the way, is nauseating and has horribly corny lyrics. Lyrics so bad I think "uallsuck!" could've written them. Ouch.

Jimbob2005
04-29-2005, 10:58 AM
No they don't.

And shut up, UAllSuck, please, for the sake of the world.

cjwspurs
04-29-2005, 02:32 PM
linkin park had two good albums. Hybrid theory and meteora. But eva since they teamed up wiv jay z they have totally disgusted me and all their fans

Heat
04-30-2005, 05:52 AM
WOW you are a musician!!!!!! I don't want to get into Detail but, I did study music at ontario conservitory of music for 10 yrs. Offspring's "fills" in their songs aren't anything to brag about, neither is noodles guitar playing. Anyone can play 4 chord songs with like a 5 second solo...literally. Why don't you stretch your music knowledge beyond "punk music" and give something else a chance. You will realize there are hundreds of bands out there better then offspring. Linkin Park blends different styles of music together, offspring just followed in the footsteps. Thats the Creativity.

P.S - You wanna see a REAL fucking DRUMMER? Someone that will BLOW AWAY Ron, or "Atom" or any other punk drummer Or any Drummer??

Click the link Fool.
http://www.drummerworld.com/Videos/dannycarey.html

Tell me you know about music...hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Haha... if you could read it would be better for you. I sad that Ron/atom for punk rock is a good drummer (the same with noodles).... Real good drummers are Mike Portney from Dream Theater or good guitarists jimmi hendrix, john petruci, steve vai, joe satriani, chuck schuldiner, brian may...

And don't tell me something about the music i should hear... i hear punk stuff like clash, offspring, bad religion heavy metal like maiden, death metal like six feet under, opeth, hypocrisy, death (they were good musicians), rock stuff like the wish (german band), queen. so please stop saying such stupid things and dont make a fool of me...

linkin park arent such good musicans as i listed a few lines ago. if you say that they're as good as them you are just a damn cocksucker.

ASP
04-30-2005, 09:00 AM
I disagree. But then again I listen to about any rock, so Im not exactly the best person to be answering this question.

OffspringInOz
04-30-2005, 10:06 AM
linkin park had two good albums. Hybrid theory and meteora. But eva since they teamed up wiv jay z they have totally disgusted me and all their fans

Linkin Park have two PROPER albums. Reanimation and the Jay Z thing were just fill-ins for the time in between albums, they are currently working on a real one.

Anyway, its been a while since I posted in this thread and I gotta say, LP can be the best band in the world!....for a few months...

I became obsessed with those little creative nerds for a while, but their music just doesn't have the long-lasting replay value of the Offspring or chili peppers etc...
I even got my 48 yr old Mum into them! But then again whenever I play enter sandman she sings along in the chorus "Eeeexcersise!!"...so she's not really that cluey when it comes to music...

Anyway, back to LP, I reckon they're a band that you really like for a few months, get sick of them, don't listen to them for a while, play one of their cds for a change and you get straight back into them. I can't wait for their next album, but I'm hoping it focusses more on heavier riffs and singing rather than black-guy rap and "cool" dj type sounds.

Jimbob2005
04-30-2005, 11:08 AM
Yes, that collaboration was totally disappointing.

Unnatural Disaster
04-30-2005, 06:30 PM
The only song by Linkin Park that I like is "Crawling"

0r4ng3
04-30-2005, 06:37 PM
The only song by Linkin Park that I like is "Crawling"
me too, but i also like One Step Closer and (for some strange reason) Easier to Run.

Yatesy
05-02-2005, 11:38 AM
I liked Linkin Park...Then I realised their re-mixes were better than the original songs so yeah they suck!

Death-of-Dante
05-02-2005, 11:51 AM
blasphamey *unleashes a title wave of holy water on all the haters* linkin park rocks except for reanimation that album sucked. but i have all their other cds, Hybrid theory, Meteora, Live in Texas, and Collision Course (which rocks) they are my favorite band. and any one who doesn't like them can go to hell

burning-the-high-life
05-02-2005, 11:56 AM
blasphamey *unleashes a title wave of holy water on all the haters* linkin park rocks except for reanimation that album sucked. but i have all their other cds, Hybrid theory, Meteora, Live in Texas, and Collision Course (which rocks) they are my favorite band. and any one who doesn't like them can go to hell

that's awsome i totally agree with you man/girl (i don't know)

Death-of-Dante
05-02-2005, 11:58 AM
that's awsome i totally agree with you man/girl (i don't know)

i'm a guy dude.

That_Guy91
05-02-2005, 04:13 PM
their first album was good then they sucked.

and sucked.

and sucked.

and with a single album lost all of their fans (damn you collision course)

Revolver-2005?
05-02-2005, 06:00 PM
i hate linkin park...

grunge
05-03-2005, 04:55 AM
LP is very good band. I don't like Chester more Mike. Under attack is my favourite albom because it more rock i think. There are very nice guitars riffs

JohnnyNemesis
05-03-2005, 07:08 AM
As much as I think LP sucks, what's sad is that in this thread, the people that hate 'em are even dumber than the people that like them.

You should fuck off if you fit into that category.

Yatesy
05-03-2005, 10:33 AM
blasphamey *unleashes a title wave of holy water on all the haters* linkin park rocks except for reanimation that album sucked.

I agree Reanimation sucked but it was more listenable than the original songs so meh I dislike the band thats all I'll say now

0r4ng3
05-03-2005, 08:04 PM
This is something I wrote in another thread:

People only seem to hate Green Day because they are popular, and because they are not the Offspring. I'm OK with people who don't like Green Day because their music simply doesn't appeal to them. Everyone else that talks shit about GD just to be funny should stop now.

Same applies here, just replace Green Day with Linkin Park.

Dexter_Holland
05-04-2005, 04:53 PM
i hate linkin park :X, everytime i hear a song of them on tv or something.. it think jesus christ fuck them.

The meaning of life
05-04-2005, 04:57 PM
can you do better music ?

Dexter_Holland
05-04-2005, 04:59 PM
yes i can, i play the guitar myself and i can do way better then them.
Not that im sooooooo good, they are sooooo bad!

The meaning of life
05-04-2005, 05:02 PM
the guitar riff is easy but can you invent better riff?

jrk247
05-05-2005, 10:11 AM

What are your thoughts?
Make a poll!

Aimeht
05-05-2005, 10:16 AM
I don't think they suck. They're actually really good. I'm not a big fan but I like them. 'A Place For My Head', is one of my fave with L P.

juggaletteluvsajuggalo
05-05-2005, 04:49 PM
they arent the greatest but i like all music atleast there not like some other really bad bands

lint
05-05-2005, 05:17 PM

What are your thoughts?

I couldnt agree with you more! :D

sk8ter-hater
05-05-2005, 05:17 PM
They are okay, I only like the stuff they started with, then they fucked up with repetitive choruses. And that shit just pissed me off. I hate them now, though.

bouncingcoles
05-06-2005, 08:10 AM

What are your thoughts?
ya linken park is so gay. no way around it.

Linkzone1
05-07-2005, 06:33 AM
...Yeah, they suck.

Hybrid Offspring
05-07-2005, 12:38 PM
Yeah, not a favourite band, but I don't think they suck. Some of their songs do get pretty annoying though after about the 4th time you listen to them.

uallsuck!
05-07-2005, 02:44 PM
agreed! They suck like shit on toast!
shut up fuck up! :eek: u sucks worst then anything

uallsuck!
05-07-2005, 02:45 PM
lp is a good band
ur good :)

killer_queen
05-08-2005, 05:36 AM
i was listening them because the boy whom i was love in with used to like them a lot. they've some good songs in fact but all their songs are the same.

dexterisMYman
05-08-2005, 01:26 PM
i think linkin park sucks really bad!

Dark Wyatt
05-08-2005, 01:56 PM
I think they're alright. Because they blend two different musical genres togeter, and talk about things many people can relate to...

offspringrammsteinfan
05-09-2005, 02:54 AM
It's so easy to say that linkin park sucks, it's so hard to say they are cool.
It's so easy to tell the truth, it's so hard to lie.

offspringrammsteinfan
05-09-2005, 03:33 AM
yes i can, i play the guitar myself and i can do way better then them.
Not that im sooooooo good, they are sooooo bad!

Ah, dutch are smart!! :) You make me proud to be dutch :rolleyes:

icklebabygremlin
05-12-2005, 09:18 AM
Is it metal slug? if so u kick ass

China Boy
05-12-2005, 09:44 AM
Nah, they suck.

JohnnyNemesis
05-12-2005, 09:48 AM
Ah, dutch are smart!! :) You make me proud to be dutch :rolleyes:

Shut the fuck up. You're one of the dumbest people in the history of this BBS, which means you're in amazing company. The bullshit that spews from your fingertips as you abuse your keyboard and our eyes with your nonsensical rambling is a wonderful argument for assisted suicide.

Stop wasting our bandwidth and die.

Dragonkiato
05-12-2005, 12:03 PM
i think they where quite good until their meteora album.reanimation and collision course suck

rise_against
05-12-2005, 04:02 PM
They suck...

Brines
05-12-2005, 04:37 PM
They really suck.

Tomo
05-15-2005, 01:59 PM
Linkin Park is my third most favourite band (right after The Offspring and Iron Maiden). But the "Collision Course" album really sucked!

darko
05-15-2005, 02:03 PM
cant say i pay much attention to linkin park....

valisicus
05-15-2005, 06:28 PM
personaly its tolerable. but im not too fond of em.

Goth
05-15-2005, 06:56 PM
Linkin park is waaay too famous. They really do suck. I used to like them, but they teamed up with jay-z after like 2 years of saying "Oh yeah we have a TOTALLY new album coming out!" At the music awards. I freaked, cuz I was a little kid, only like 12, when I acctually listened to them. That blew it. So I agree, they suck so terrably in their rap-modern style. 2 singers= a nono.

spud89_1
05-16-2005, 10:01 AM
i just ave to say that linkin park r amazin and that i love em so der
der fantastic
and mikes fit and so is chester :p :D

original_prankster
05-16-2005, 10:03 AM
personaly its tolerable. but im not too fond of em.
That's what I think.

Drummerguy123
05-16-2005, 10:35 AM
I used to be a fan, but after Reanimation, Live in Texas, and Collision course, they got me pretty mad because they were too cocky with Meteora and Hybrid Theory so they just re-did their own songs without making any new ones. I wouldn't be surprised if their next c-d is a greatest hits.

ancalan
05-17-2005, 06:34 AM
I think they suck.Suck YOU! I like em! Linkin Park is the one of the best bands!

Swill
05-17-2005, 06:39 AM
linkin park are fuckin good...................a lot better than a lot of the other crap shouting rap rock whatever it is going around at the moment...........the park are artists in every sense of the word..........pushing me away off reanimation is incredible!!!!!
________
SUZUKI MR WAGON HISTORY (http://www.suzuki-tech.com/wiki/Suzuki_MR_Wagon)

Yatesy
05-17-2005, 06:40 AM
linkin park are fuckin good...................a lot better than a lot of the crap shouting rap rock whatever it is going around at the moment...........

Way to go, contradicting yourself and all.

Swill
05-17-2005, 06:54 AM
Linkin park are fucking good!!!!
________
Bbw Facehumpers (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/209/facehumpers/videos/1)

offspringintenselyrock
05-22-2005, 09:06 AM

What are your thoughts?

I'm an LP fan. I've only got one albulm so far but I love them already! Why do I like them? Haven't got a clue. Just like I don't know why I like chocolate or the Offspring. I just like it.
About the breaking the habit video- mind-blowing? Yes. Queer? No. I love that video, and the song and I think they go well together.
About the voices or whatever, nyi fine it's your opinion, but I think Chester has an amazing voice. And he's great live too.
I respect your opinion and the fact that you're entitled to think what you want. So I'm just telling you mine.

Noodles is gay
05-22-2005, 09:10 AM
I highly agree.

offspring kid
05-22-2005, 09:12 AM

What are your thoughts?

AGREE ! man 100 %

Jinger Joe
05-31-2005, 07:25 AM
i normally give stuff a chance but linkin park are just too shit.

Hysteria
05-31-2005, 07:36 AM
I disagree.

http://www.geocities.com/neocon58/listenlinkinpark.jpg

Jinger Joe
05-31-2005, 07:58 AM
wat the fucks that picture ment to mean. it just makes you look like a sad, lonely person.lol

Drummerguy123
05-31-2005, 11:38 AM
Is it just me or do all Linkin Park songs sound the same.

beautifulnightmare
05-31-2005, 03:25 PM
heh i love linkin park.Cuz that's just what i'm into,so fucking what.Everyone has their own damn opinions

dirty_magic
06-01-2005, 03:29 AM
they suck!

angel_eyes
06-03-2005, 05:48 AM
i think linkin park are pretty good and its fair enough if some people dont like them because we all have our own opinions about people ennit, so fair nuff, but personally i think they're pretty good, they have a good sound etc.

The Cinder
06-15-2005, 09:15 AM
[QUOTE=Floyd the Barber]I realize there may be some LP fans on here...if that's the case, I'd love to hear from y'all. Why do you like them?

Linkin Park is one of my favorite bands because they have there own music style
and have very cool songs.
Sometimes there songs are slow but they are cool.
And chesters has a very good voise I think.

Preecey
06-15-2005, 09:17 AM
They're ok. Not brilliant, but good.

Bryan875
06-15-2005, 04:18 PM
lincoln park is the worst damn band i have hever heard come out...besides the ones that were worse....... :confused: ummm u know what i mean.

ruroken
06-16-2005, 02:19 PM
Linkin Park's early stuff (their EP) is so spastic.

Amanda
06-16-2005, 02:21 PM
lincoln park is the worst damn band i have hever heard come out...besides the ones that were worse....... :confused: ummm u know what i mean.
I don't think even you do...

Eddie
06-16-2005, 02:22 PM
Not my favorite band of course but I like few of their songs like in the end.
A nice band.

sphinxdaking
06-17-2005, 10:49 AM
I loved them during Hybrid Theory, but after all their projects like re-animation and the Jay-Z thing I dont know what I think of them anymore. I was a really big fan before, now I dont know...

Flexing Wings
06-17-2005, 12:11 PM
I disagree.

http://www.geocities.com/neocon58/listenlinkinpark.jpg

I know people hate it when you quote a pic, and then only write one line underneath... but this picture really does exemplify everything I would have said about Linkin Park... and this isn't me being condescending, that was the same reason I liked them when I was younger... hahaha

Bryan875
06-17-2005, 03:43 PM
I don't think even you do...
actually i do the ones that were worse were bands like limp biscuit,and pretty much every emo band out right now.

beautifulnightmare
06-17-2005, 10:54 PM
I loved them during Hybrid Theory, but after all their projects like re-animation and the Jay-Z thing I dont know what I think of them anymore. I was a really big fan before, now I dont know...
the jay-z thing was jay-z's fault and mtv's

White punk on dope
06-18-2005, 09:03 AM
>>>they suck ass. they should all die. I want to rip out their eyeballs and squeeze the juice out of them into a blender, add human feces and make a feces/eyeball-juice milkshake. Then tie them down, force their jaws open and make them drink every last drop of the feces/eyeball-juice milkshake. And then I will take every emo-fagbag/loser-reject out there, tie them to a pole, and hire sexy strippers to strip for them, so they all get erections, then i will hack off all their practically non-existant penises with a dull hatchet. Then I will take all the female emo-fagbags/loser-rejects and stuff their vaginas full of leeches. Then the world will be a happy place.<<<

dirty_magic
06-18-2005, 10:37 AM
they suck mens hairy balls

rodney mullen
06-20-2005, 08:18 AM
I think they kick @$$! I've been to two of thier concerts, I'm part of the LPU(linkin park underground), and since I'm part of the LPU, I was able to get their autographs at the first concert i went to.

dirty_magic
06-20-2005, 08:20 AM
they suck so badly

Preecey
06-20-2005, 08:43 AM
>>>they suck ass. they should all die. I want to rip out their eyeballs and squeeze the juice out of them into a blender, add human feces and make a feces/eyeball-juice milkshake. Then tie them down, force their jaws open and make them drink every last drop of the feces/eyeball-juice milkshake. And then I will take every emo-fagbag/loser-reject out there, tie them to a pole, and hire sexy strippers to strip for them, so they all get erections, then i will hack off all their practically non-existant penises with a dull hatchet. Then I will take all the female emo-fagbags/loser-rejects and stuff their vaginas full of leeches. Then the world will be a happy place.<<<
You have some serious issues.

引出しの人
06-20-2005, 08:47 AM
It seems that everyone who hates them has some mental disability, being unable to spell correctly and not giving any sort of reason of to why they "suck bad".

引出しの人
06-20-2005, 08:47 AM
You have some serious issues.
Yes he does.

The only thing he will accomplish in life is setting himself on fire.

Hippie
06-20-2005, 11:13 AM
I seriousely admit they have alot of potential. They could come up with some better, heavier, and not so much alternative music. Once they went with this Raper, I just told my self they were gonna get even softer until one they they fall apart just like the backstreet boys!

Out on Patrol
06-21-2005, 04:08 PM
agreee, they're just a fuckin shit!

ruroken
06-21-2005, 08:17 PM
My god, you are all inept.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-21-2005, 10:06 PM
They suck.

ruroken
06-22-2005, 08:19 PM
For fuck's sake, give a legitimate reason! Inept... I swear...

Duracell
06-22-2005, 08:30 PM
Linkin Park sucks.

ruroken
06-22-2005, 08:31 PM
Are you all truly this inept or are you just trying to piss me off?

Duracell
06-22-2005, 08:41 PM
Are you all truly this inept or are you just trying to piss me off?

Any band that needs a DJ sucks.

0r4ng3
06-22-2005, 08:42 PM
Any band that needs a DJ sucks.
At least you gave a legitimate reason. The DJ doesn't do much anyway.

ruroken
06-22-2005, 08:42 PM
goddam you're inept. That's not legitimate and it's not true. They don't NEED a DJ, they just have one. Now get a brain, please.

0r4ng3
06-22-2005, 08:44 PM
goddam you're inept. That's not legitimate and it's not true. They don't NEED a DJ, they just have one. Now get a brain, please.
I meant to say that at least he gave a reason. They kinda do need a DJ, for sound effects and stuff.

I would get a brain, but the 99 cents store was closed.

ruroken
06-22-2005, 08:45 PM
I meant to say that at least he gave a reason. They kinda do need a DJ, for sound effects and stuff.

I would get a brain, but the 99 cents store was closed.
I wasn't talking to you. But I bet they could still make good music without the DJ. Incubus doesn't need a DJ, but they still have one.

Duracell
06-22-2005, 08:46 PM

Yeah sure, I'd like to hear what they sound like with out a DJ. It'd be fuckin worse than they already are.

Duracell
06-22-2005, 08:48 PM
I wasn't talking to you. But I bet they could still make good music without the DJ. Incubus doesn't need a DJ, but they still have one.

Incubus? wow I like them just about as much as I like Linkin Park.

ruroken
06-22-2005, 08:48 PM
I don't know why you are so damn stupid. I mean, who in the fuck pays so much attention to little sound affects? It's all in the geetarrs, biotch!

ruroken
06-22-2005, 08:49 PM
Incubus? wow I like them just about as much as I like Linkin Park.
You? Wow I like you just as much as I like "fuckme!"

Hit_That
06-22-2005, 08:56 PM
linkin park is cool.. only cuz their songs are super easy to play on the guitar... plus their songs are kinda catchy

Duracell
06-22-2005, 08:57 PM
I don't know why you are so damn stupid. I mean, who in the fuck pays so much attention to little sound affects? It's all in the geetarrs, biotch!

Without those effects Linkin Park would just be some wannabe mainstream band.

ruroken
06-22-2005, 08:57 PM
linkin park is cool.. only cuz their songs are super easy to play on the guitar... plus their songs are kinda catchy
Plus their videos kick ass. :cool:

Duracell
06-22-2005, 09:00 PM

Just like every other pop/rock band.

ruroken
06-22-2005, 09:00 PM
Without those effects Linkin Park would just be some wannabe mainstream band.
Every rapper would then be "wannabe". Every band would then be "wannabe". Every band has sounds in their music they would never be able to produce normally. They would not be "wannabe mainstream". They would just have to work harder. They may have to mix things up, because this is a fucking RAP ROCK band, so they sometimes need beats for Shinoda to pimp out his emcee skillz.

Duracell
06-22-2005, 09:01 PM
Plus their videos kick ass. :cool:

Oh yeah.....music video's.

Duracell
06-22-2005, 09:07 PM
Every rapper would then be "wannabe". Every band would then be "wannabe". Every band has sounds in their music they would never be able to produce normally. They would not be "wannabe mainstream". They would just have to work harder. They may have to mix things up, because this is a fucking RAP ROCK band, so they sometimes need beats for Shinoda to pimp out his emcee skillz.

Maybe if Linkin Park would do choreographed dance moves like the Backstreet Boys on stage, it'd make them a little bit better too.

ruroken
06-23-2005, 09:28 AM
Maybe if Linkin Park would do choreographed dance moves like the Backstreet Boys on stage, it'd make them a little bit better too.
My opinion of you went up, as that is damn funny. I might even put that in my sig.

Duracell
06-23-2005, 08:46 PM
My opinion of you went up, as that is damn funny. I might even put that in my sig.

Please put me in your sig! I'd feel honored. And guess what I don't hate Linkin Park I just felt like dissing people and you happend to be a victim.

FFX-ME
06-23-2005, 08:52 PM
i disagree after offspring they are my fav band i love them but offspring kick their asses easily

White punk on dope
06-24-2005, 05:42 PM
I think they kick @$$! I've been to two of thier concerts, I'm part of the LPU(linkin park underground), and since I'm part of the LPU, I was able to get their autographs at the first concert i went to.

fag. go stick your head in a blender and die.

bongathon
06-25-2005, 11:22 PM
yeah, ur rite they do suck.^^
Confrontation and politics replaced with harmonies and shticks
When did punk rock become so tame, these f**king bands all sound
the same
We want our fights we want our thugs, we want our burns we want
our drungs
Where is the violent apathy, these f**king records are rated g

bongathon
06-25-2005, 11:25 PM
My opinion of you went up, as that is damn funny. I might even put that in my sig.Confrontation and politics replaced with harmonies and shticks
When did punk rock become so tame, these f**king bands all sound
the same
We want our fights we want our thugs, we want our burns we want
our drungs
Where is the violent apathy, these f**king records are rated g

bongathon
07-31-2005, 07:39 AM
pusiieeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

offspring_ben25
08-01-2005, 01:30 PM
linkin park are very good, heck they need a new album, but so do other bands, green day for instance (their so overplayed). linkin park are a unique band and that is why many people enjoy their music. linkin park are very popular and have many fans over the world

Nirushika6789
08-01-2005, 01:34 PM
i think linkin park are good just bcos they sorta have their own unique sound and they dont just look like ever other band

Total_immortal
08-01-2005, 06:11 PM
i think linkin park doesn't really suck... they've been doin' a lot of shit... i hated "reanimation" ... i hated "linkin park & jay-z shitty remix.....blah blah blah" and i gotta tell that meteora isn't really a good album... i've decided to give 'em a second chance before deciding if they suck or they don't.. so i'm waiting the next album to come out... then , i'll tell you if they suck or they don't xD

platinumpt
08-02-2005, 06:16 AM
Linkin Park has a few cool songs, but I'm not an hardcore fan of 'em. Just listen to the songs I hear on the radio.

I prefer Godsmack they play a style which has some resemblances with Linkin Park, I think, but their vocalist has, IMO, a voice that hurts less to hear :cool:

Blink182
08-02-2005, 06:33 AM
I disagree, I mean... Dude, there one of the best bands in the US right now, and they've had some of the best albums ever aswell.

pretty fly 88
08-02-2005, 11:11 PM
I like Linkin Park, but I think the radio has kind of killed them. Why are there 5 songs on Meteora that have been grossly overplayed? Why were there at least 4 songs on hybrid theory that were grossly overplayed? It's not fair. There are plenty of better bands, like Offspring, that don't get THIS much radio play. But I do like every song off of Hybrid Theory and Meteora, although I hate reanimation.

platinumpt
08-03-2005, 02:49 AM
Yeah, I see your point, I don't own a single linkin park album, but I know at least 8 or 9 songs from them! That must be from hearing them on the radio:D

Those songs are cool, but they don't touch me as deeply as the songs from other groups, like The Offspring, Green Day, Paradise Lost and others...

Marco
08-03-2005, 05:34 AM
Well, they're not as good as the offspring but they absolutely don't suck!!!

Aannj
08-03-2005, 07:04 AM
I like them but i think theyre money-grubbers, it about time they made some new songs geez, not friggin remixing old stuff and releasing it.

lazpaz
08-03-2005, 07:23 AM
1st thing ... i'll tell u my story with linkin 'crap' park...

i hated rap and rnb at that time ... before 5 or 6 years ... coz rappers make same thing, all about themselvse..
i thought its better to stick to rock... 1 of my friends gave me a cd 'Hybrid Theory' titled ... i listened ... oh cool ... i love that hardrock... but my mistake was, i kept listening to them .. damn, its like i never heard any nu-metal or rap-metal band at that time (i thought linkinPark was the best ever)... when i slowly went deeper in music (i.e slipknot,disturbed,korn nu-metal etc.).. i slowly forgot linkin park , YEAH LINKIN PARK SUCK .. coz i after i started recently listening to Pantera, Lamb of God, killswitch engage and some hardcore/thrash bands which make sense and got very cool old school music .. and yeh , linkin park got no talents, they just do strumming and rap (no old school, no complex guitars...so they suck) !! f*** .. is this metal? its a disgrace.. LP should be put under the Rap genre or pussy rock ... if ppl who like LP listen to the same music i listen to, they gonna forget LP ...
RADIO AND TV SUCK ! DONNO WHY THEY PUT TOO MUCH LINKIN'CRAP'PARK ... and btw.. did u know that ADEMA (LP's friends) signed to Earache records, they changed the vocal .. LOL i remember when the ADEMA vocal sound like chester the fag .. but now they brought some mature stuff... SO .... LINKIN PARK SUCK S*** ..

JoY
08-03-2005, 05:14 PM
but in the end... it doesn't even matter.

Total_immortal
08-03-2005, 06:50 PM

hahahah, right :D

lazpaz
08-04-2005, 05:49 AM

lolz.. yeh, after what !

WebDudette
08-04-2005, 05:55 AM
1st thing ... i'll tell u my story with linkin 'crap' park...

Is it me or is giving bands stupid names like Gay Street Boys and N'Stync And Linkin 'crap' Park not only immature but annoying.

JoY
08-04-2005, 06:16 AM
lolz.. yeh, after what !
after I tried so hard & got so far.

JoY
08-04-2005, 06:20 AM
Is it me or is giving bands stupid names like Gay Street Boys and N'Stync And Linkin 'crap' Park not only immature but annoying.
is it me, or do you not listen to music purely on a musical level?

because you've got to hand it to all of these guys; they've all managed to make huge crowds go crazee. when ignoring the vocals & the lyrics in some cases, their music becomes quite interesting & you'll notice it's thought through really fucking well.

platinumpt
08-04-2005, 07:27 AM
is it me, or do you not listen to music purely on a musical level?

because you've got to hand it to all of these guys; they've all managed to make huge crowds go crazee. when ignoring the vocals & the lyrics in some cases, their music becomes quite interesting & you'll notice it's thought through really fucking well.
That may be true for Linkin Park. But you're not expecting me to believe that those... huh... gaysband mentioned before write their lyrics and compose their songs by themselves!!! And do they actually sing when they're performing live? Because Britney Spears, for instance, doesn't... I think the main purpose of the live performances of those so-called bands is the dancing for itself, so they mostly sing in playback I think... and that sucks massive cock, I hate that!!!

dexterisMYman
08-04-2005, 07:28 AM
linkin park sux big hairy balls. like green day.

Punky Dudess
08-04-2005, 07:35 AM
they'r all amatures. "give us good metal!" they screamed so they offered linkin park and they ate them with chips.

JoY
08-04-2005, 07:49 AM
That may be true for Linkin Park. But you're not expecting me to believe that those... huh... gaysband mentioned before write their lyrics and compose their songs by themselves!!! And do they actually sing when they're performing live? Because Britney Spears, for instance, doesn't... I think the main purpose of the live performances of those so-called bands is the dancing for itself, so they mostly sing in playback I think... and that sucks massive cock, I hate that!!!
you have no idea what you're talking about.

platinumpt
08-04-2005, 07:52 AM
you have no idea what you're talking about.
That's the pure truth. Don't be disappointed... The Offspring still write their own songs... and don't sing playback live!

EDIT: Britney did sang in playback in Rock In Rio - Lisbon 2004... the tape she was playing failed right in the middle of her performance, and she kept moving her mouth...! What a shame...

JoY
08-05-2005, 03:20 AM
no one but you brought Britney Spears up. I never said -anything- positive about her. if your argument is, that at least the Offspring sing live, unlike Britney Spears & thus at least is better than *her*... then you're not much of an Offy fan.

platinumpt
08-05-2005, 03:24 AM
no one but you brought Britney Spears up. I never said -anything- positive about her. if your argument is, that at least the Offspring sing live, unlike Britney Spears & thus at least is better than *her*... then you're not much of an Offy fan.
I think you got it all wrong... but I don't care, I'm not in a mood for much explanations... anyway, I listen to The Offspring for 11 years now, you were like what, in elementary school maybe? So stop this "you're not a good fan" talking, 'cause it sucks, and no fan likes to hear that.

EDIT: Alright, I'll clarify two points....

First, about Linkin Park: I don't like them that much, I hear their songs, but I wouldn't buy an album of them. But I recognize they move crowds, and they have quality, but their music just doesn't touch me that much.

Next, some boysband were mentioned, like BSB and N'Sync I think. And you said that those guys moved crowds (which is correct) and if you look deeply into the music, you really could see a meaning, and some quality associated. Well I just answered I don't think so, and IMO all that is crap. And yes, I know many songs from those bands. And then, I said that many times those groups when are performing live are singing in playback, and that IS true, I don't know if you didn't like to hear it, but I didn't mean to offend you, or hurt you, I just said that because it's true, and I gave you the example of Britney in Rock In Rio Lisbon... you almost asked for it.

And in my opinion, when you're doing a live performance, singing in playback just sucks, and if I saw any bands that I like do that, I'd be very disappointed. So, yes, Offspring is better than Britney Spears and all that gay crap around. It's also better than Linkin Park. Why does saying this make me "not much of an Offy [I don't like this term, looks very "girly"...] fan"? That's ridiculous...

JoY
08-05-2005, 04:03 AM
playbacking DOES suck at live performances. but singing just isn't the only thing Britney, BSB & N'Sync are specialised in. they do an alround performance. what they do is in NO way comparable with what genres like rock & punk do. bands like BSB couldn't have had so much success, if they didn't dance & shit. their music begs you to take your feet off the floor & dance, while most punk & rock bands just try to unchain something in people, like agression, frustration, heart-ache... whatever, an emotion. you can act it all out, while listening to punk & rock, at least, some punk & rock, depending on the person who listens to it & his/her taste in music.

just imagine.. a band like BSB, a person like Britney Spears NOT dancing at a performance. that wouldn't really physically move the crowd, now would it? they actively dance & imagine they'd have to sing at the same time. it would be like you standing on a running-machine, trying to sing & sing well meanwhile.

I'm not saying I like BSB, or N'Sync. I'm just saying, that although YOU don't enjoy their music, so many people HAVE & DO, that they must be doing something right. I'm just saying it's a matter of opion & that no matter how you twist & turn things, they are talented & good at what they do.

you comparing Britney Spears & the Offspring just proves you don't know your shit. they can't be fucking compared. so alright, you're an absolute Offspring-fan, who's been listening to them for eleven years. it quite obviously shows that you don't know much about music, though.

eleven years ago I was ten years old & was one year away from going to a specialised grammar school. but whatever, love. like my age matters. this is not a little contest on who's been around the longest & THUS knows more. you being older than I am makes no difference at all to me & doesn't mean jack shit, so don't talk to me like I'm just a little kid, who doesn't know her stuff. I could say I've been playing the violin for seventeen years & tell me, babe, where were you then?

neocon58
08-05-2005, 04:08 AM
Stop fighting!

*cries*

neocon58
08-05-2005, 04:09 AM
linkin park sux big hairy balls. like green day.

...and you quote eminem in your sig.

Ahh, the world we live in.

JoY
08-05-2005, 04:11 AM
Stop fighting!

*cries*
FINALLY a good argument is unchained here & you start crying.

punk_riOt
08-05-2005, 04:13 AM
i don't like them.

used to a lil for a while but no, i don't like the all techno hip hop approach they go for now.

platinumpt
08-05-2005, 04:13 AM
playbacking DOES suck at live performances. but singing just isn't the only thing Britney, BSB & N'Sync are specialised in. they do an alround performance. what they do is in NO way comparable with what genres like rock & punk do. bands like BSB couldn't have had so much success, if they didn't dance & shit. their music begs you to take your feet off the floor & dance, while most punk & rock bands just try to unchain something in people, like agression, frustration, heart-ache... whatever, an emotion. you can act it all out, while listening to punk & rock, at least, some punk & rock, depending on the person who listens to it & his/her taste in music.

just imagine.. a band like BSB, a person like Britney Spears NOT dancing at a performance. that wouldn't really physically move the crowd, now would it? they actively dance & imagine they'd have to sing at the same time. it would be like you standing on a running-machine, trying to sing & sing well meanwhile.

I'm not saying I like BSB, or N'Sync. I'm just saying, that although YOU don't enjoy their music, so many people HAVE & DO, that they must be doing something right. I'm just saying it's a matter of opion & that no matter how you twist & turn things, they are talented & good at what they do.

you comparing Britney Spears & the Offspring just proves you don't know your shit. they can't be fucking compared. so alright, you're an absolute Offspring-fan, who's been listening to them for eleven years. it quite obviously shows that you don't know much about music, though.

eleven years ago I was ten years old & was one year away from going to a specialised grammar school. but whatever, love. like my age matters. this is not a little contest on who's been around the longest & THUS knows more. you being older than I am makes no difference at all to me & doesn't mean jack shit, so don't talk to me like I'm just a little kid, who doesn't know her stuff. I could say I've been playing the violin for seventeen years & tell me, babe, where were you then?
But you're, indeed, being a little kid and talking shit, it was you who said that I'm not much of an Offspring fan, I just tried to defend myself, I'm around this forum for a month and I never mentioned I listen to them for about 11 years, I just think that doesn't matter... but after what you said to me, well, I just had to say it...

And everything in music can be compared. At least by saying: I like this; I don't like that because it's just not as good as this. And yes, you're right about that dancing stuff, that's very important. I just think they're professionals, they earn lots of money, so they have to do their best. And that includes singing too, doesn't it? By the way, have you ever seen a Daniela Mercury show live? Well I did. The girl looks like a hurricane. She doesn't stop jumping and dancing and moving, everyone goes wild, and she sings wonderfully live. That's love, you can really see she loves what she does. But those gaysband crap... and girlies and whatever... oh please... no further comments...

And about what you said of me not understanding very much about music... honey, if I'd list you the CD collection I have at home and my winamp playlist you'd probably be embarassed, and you couldn't even imagine how could it be possible for me to like The Offspring so much...

platinumpt
08-05-2005, 04:18 AM
Yeah, I'm having fun. And all the arguments we see nowadays involve swearing and shit, lots of insults, and this one is being so civilized, so neocon stop crying and enjoy the show :p

JoY
08-05-2005, 04:39 AM
I don't need you to list your CD collection. I don't care about your Winamp playlist. you can't embarrass me in one single possible way with that. I know plenty of people with a huge shitload of CDs, who don't even realise what they're listening to. & I'm not saying you're in that category.

seriously.. Britney Spears & the Offspring can't be compared on a MUSICAL level. sure, you can say you like one & don't like the other, but that's purely an opinion. deal with the fact you're just sprouting opinions.

you just expressed yourself in a very clumsy way, the way you compared Britney Spears & the Offspring. I only pointed that out. doesn't mean you have any right to patronise me.

platinumpt
08-05-2005, 04:56 AM
I don't need you to list your CD collection. I don't care about your Winamp playlist. you can't embarrass me in one single possible way with that. I know plenty of people with a huge shitload of CDs, who don't even realise what they're listening to. & I'm not saying you're in that category.
Normally I get the songs that I want, so it's supposed I know what I'm listening to (yes, I know you said that you don't mean I'm listed in "that category", don't worry) :cool: I just like very different kinds of music, mostly because I like to learn about new groups, and get to know more about oldies, international music and all that. I love music in general, so I got kinda "angry" when you said that I don't understand much about music. That thing about embarrassment was just "so to speak", don't take it seriously.

seriously.. Britney Spears & the Offspring can't be compared on a MUSICAL level. sure, you can say you like one & don't like the other, but that's purely an opinion. deal with the fact you're just sprouting opinions.
But isn't this forum about opinions? Of course musically we can't compare britney and the gaysband with The Offspring. 'Cause the first ones are just crap really lol! :D Yeah, it's an opinion, it's what I feel right now.

you just expressed yourself in a very clumsy way, the way you compared Britney Spears & the Offspring. I only pointed that out. doesn't mean you have any right to patronise me.
I'm sorry, maybe you got me wrong or something in this argument in a few points, because I'm not that good at english, I don't even know what "clumsy" means lol! Here in Portugal we only start learning English when we're 10 years old... and when I'm on vacation I see dutch kids with 6 or 7 years old that already know how to say a few phrases in english, and I'm like "Wow! I wish I was like that in their age". And I don't want to patronise anybody, don't get angry with me :o

neocon58
08-05-2005, 05:03 AM

I'm sorry.

I cry whenever someone else fights or swears on here too, so don't feel guilty.

dexterisMYman
08-05-2005, 06:23 AM
...and you quote eminem in your sig.

Ahh, the world we live in.
hey i dont give a fuck. at least he doesnt run around wearing tons of make up like green day. and i like eminem so you know i dont give a fuck about your opinion.

Aimeht
08-05-2005, 06:27 AM
Disagree. I don't listen to them much really, but I think they're ok.

neocon58
08-05-2005, 06:28 AM
i like eminem so you know i dont give a fuck about your opinion.

I just got pwned.

dexterisMYman
08-05-2005, 06:30 AM
^ok whatever...

JoY
08-05-2005, 09:21 AM
it's nice that you have such a broad interest in music.

just have a bit of respect for someone who turned the female teen's world upside down & inside out. calling them "gaysband" is so... gay. bands like BSB were huge & they're still fresh in everyone's memory & that counts for a lot. that just says a lot about them & their carreer. I don't have a single CD of the guys, I've never really liked them, but I've got to admit I used to find some of their songs extremely catchy & fun. plus they accomplished a LOT in the business. pretty amazing.

I know that the educational system in Portugal isn't too fond of English, or that it at least doesn't support teaching the language very much. "clumsy" means something along the lines of "unpractical". I hope that explains things a bit. if you don't know a word, you can always Google it & search for the said word + "definition".

don't apologise for your English. I'm aware many people here aren't from a country that has English as their first language & I'm aware that the Dutch focuss on teaching/learning that language much more than most other countries do. because, let's be honest, who on earth speaks Dutch, except for South Africans, people on the Antilles & from the Netherlands? we're forced to speak English, because no one will understand our silly language.

I hope that you understand why I used the word "patronising". it was completely unnecessary to point out, that I was 10 when you started listening to the Offspring. it doesn't change a thing. your age & when you started listening to them doesn't matter at all in this conversation. so it seemed out of place to me.

platinumpt
08-05-2005, 09:36 AM
I know, you're right, I shouldn't have said I listened to them 11 years ago... I said in one of the posts before that I think the time doesn't matter at all... but you got to admit that it hurts to hear that you're not much of an Offspring fan when you really love them... I've already seen them 3 times, one of them in Eastern Spain, and I'm going to Paris in September too, to see them the 4th time... so really, it kinda hurted my feelings lol! You know, when people insult me in this forum, I really don't give a shit, bad words don't shock me at all. I usually answer with irony, or something, for me it's pretty easy. But hearing someone saying that I'm not much of a fan... well that blew me off, believe me lol but everything's ok now :o

OK, I just said gaysband as a matter of speech, I admit there were one or two songs from those bands that I think they're not bad. OK OK, they were good!! But I'm not at all into that type of music, it just doesn't matches my music ideals...

It was a good argument though. I felt that everyone was reading it, and none was posting lol

JoY
08-06-2005, 06:47 AM
you sound like a huge fan, so don't worry. I wasn't that serious, when I said that. =) it's awesome that you're going to see them for the fourth time. people will be very interested in hearing how that concert was, so keep the board updated!

I understand if you don't like them much. after all, you're a guy & the targetgroup consisted mainly of teenage girls. but calling them "gaysband" is like calling Good Charlotte "Bad Charlotte", or something. a bit childish, but I see where you're coming from.

platinumpt
08-06-2005, 06:59 AM
you sound like a huge fan, so don't worry. I wasn't that serious, when I said that. =) it's awesome that you're going to see them for the fourth time. people will be very interested in hearing how that concert was, so keep the board updated!
I'll keep it updated believe me, I can't wait for the September 10th! I'm going with my "little" sister. She'll be 17, and that will be her first Offspring concert ever. It's gonna be great, I think I'll take her to the moshpit :rolleyes:

I understand if you don't like them much. after all, you're a guy & the targetgroup consisted mainly of teenage girls. but calling them "gaysband" is like calling Good Charlotte "Bad Charlotte", or something. a bit childish, but I see where you're coming from.
Yes, yes, I don't like them that much, but a few songs of those bands I find good. Honestly I don't know anything about N'Sync :o ... but BSB, for instance, I think Drowning is a good song. And The Call too (I'm not sure if that's the exact name of the song...). But, indeed, the band for itself doesn't attract me at all, it's kind of as you're saying, it's more directed to a majoritarian female public... guys in general enjoy more mosh than dance :o

So... The Offspring aren't coming to The Netherlands this year, are you going to Cologne, like a few other dutch people in this forum?

JoY
08-06-2005, 07:12 AM
I hate to disappoint you, but I'm not an actual Offspring fan. I've enjoyed a couple of songs by them a LOT (& still do now & then), but I'm afraid that's about it. I must say though, I'm not really fanatic when it comes to any band. there are many bands I really love loads, but one of them alone could never satisfy my hunger for music. I could never choose one favorite band.

platinumpt
08-06-2005, 07:32 AM
I hate to disappoint you, but I'm not an actual Offspring fan. I've enjoyed a couple of songs by them a LOT (& still do now & then), but I'm afraid that's about it. I must say though, I'm not really fanatic when it comes to any band. there are many bands I really love loads, but one of them alone could never satisfy my hunger for music. I could never choose one favorite band.
No, not at all! I believe many people here aren't Offspring fanatics, that's OK, after all this is a forum with general chat, polytics and all, one doesn't necessarily need to be a blind fan of The Offspring to be here posting opinions! :)

It's cool, anyway I recommend you to once try and see them live, they're great! AS well as many other bands of course, but I have little experience on those, because normally not all bands tour over Portugal...

Socially Rejected
08-06-2005, 09:55 AM
Yeh, i do think LP suck ... alot.

JoY
08-06-2005, 01:48 PM
No, not at all! I believe many people here aren't Offspring fanatics, that's OK, after all this is a forum with general chat, polytics and all, one doesn't necessarily need to be a blind fan of The Offspring to be here posting opinions! :)

It's cool, anyway I recommend you to once try and see them live, they're great! AS well as many other bands of course, but I have little experience on those, because normally not all bands tour over Portugal...
that's exactly the way I see it. =)

I guess I'm lucky. one band I really love a shitload is from the Netherlands. they're really nice guys, too. I've got a signed drumstick of them & after the chats we've had, I'll never fall out of love with them.

platinumpt
08-06-2005, 01:54 PM
that's exactly the way I see it. =)

I guess I'm lucky. one band I really love a shitload is from the Netherlands. they're really nice guys, too. I've got a signed drumstick of them & after the chats we've had, I'll never fall out of love with them.
Oh, you're a lucky girl then... I don'tlove any portuguese band in particular... actually there's one very good band called Xutos&Pontapés (in english it's something like Kicks&Bumps I guess, I dunno lol), I've even went to 3 or 4 concerts of them (and the next will be 19th August, and I'll be there, 'cause it's close to my hometown), but I don't actually "love" them. I only have one of their 14 albums... I don't know, they perform in Porto a lot, and their tickets are cheap, so that's why I go see them so many times... and they rock everything live :cool:

Conspiracy of One
08-06-2005, 01:56 PM
Linkin Park sucks major ass.........enough said

noodlesfan
08-06-2005, 04:50 PM
agree, i wouldnt mind so much, if they would only shut up and stop calling themselves rock

beautifulnightmare
08-06-2005, 08:10 PM
i am part of the lpu also >_>

Fat_mike_nofx
08-07-2005, 08:03 PM
linkin park= worse band in the world :mad: :mad

ChaoX
08-07-2005, 08:19 PM
I'm kind of a LP fan.. i luved Hybrid Theory... Meteora wasn't so good... but i enjoyed.. but after colision crap... oh god... the broke my heart.

but i must say.. Chester as a great voice