PDA

View Full Version : Give up the cigarettes you filthy smokers.

Pages : [1] 2

the_offsprings_monkey
11-04-2005, 06:00 PM
Give up the cigarettes you filthy smokers. You're going to get lung cancer and blood clots then DIE.

bd007h
11-04-2005, 06:00 PM
smartest thread TOM has made

Linda
11-04-2005, 06:02 PM
I already did......5 years, 10 months and 3 days ago.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
11-04-2005, 06:02 PM
Chill the fuck out, you sad sack of crap.

Edit: So did i, 2 years ago.

0r4ng3
11-04-2005, 06:03 PM
Hey look, TOM think's he'll make a difference. How cute.

bd007h
11-04-2005, 06:03 PM
I already did......5 years, 10 months and 3 days ago.

who actually keeps track?

Linda
11-04-2005, 06:04 PM
who actually keeps track?

For me it is easy to remember because it was January 1, 2000.

0r4ng3
11-04-2005, 06:05 PM
People who smoke for a long time usually remember the day they quit, because it's such a big change in their life. It's perfectly normal to keep track.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-04-2005, 06:19 PM
I like quit about a year ago.

bd007h
11-04-2005, 06:20 PM
I've never started

Officer Counterfit
11-04-2005, 06:21 PM
i havent smoked

the_offsprings_monkey
11-04-2005, 06:22 PM
For some reason I feel sick when people smoke around me now.

Officer Counterfit
11-04-2005, 06:23 PM
For some reason I feel sick when people smoke around me now.
yeah, i know the feeling

coke_a_holic
11-04-2005, 06:27 PM
That's called a craving. As in, you feel the need to take a hit of that nicotine and let your body feel the sweet sensation of the smoke filling your lungs.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-04-2005, 06:33 PM
At least I have the pleasure of knowing I will live a longer and fuller life. (Unless I die by an accident)

Human
11-04-2005, 06:33 PM
That's called a craving. As in, you feel the need to take a hit of that nicotine and let your body feel the sweet sensation of the smoke filling your lungs.
You smoke? :eek:
Ashley...my grandparents are some of the most awesome people ver and they smoke but yes...I agree with you...I wish they would stop..,.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-04-2005, 06:41 PM
Also I don't want my arteries filled with that fatty deposit, and I don't like black lungs.

Sin Studly
11-04-2005, 06:47 PM
Give up the razors, you stupid cutter. You're going to get little superficial scars and LOOK STUPID!

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-04-2005, 06:48 PM
Nothing's worse than a reformed smoker who thinks he's better than everyone.

Quit cutting for attention, you sad sack of shit.

Officer Counterfit
Also I don't want my arteries filled with that fatty deposit, and I don't like black lungs.
yeah, this list of stuff you're listing is making me sick

Human
Same here...it's sad...I don't like it when people smoke not only for their sake but for mine...my mom and dad smoke and I don't want them to die while I'm young...enough family members of mine have died too early due to alchohol...drugs....and smoking...I'll be one of the few that won;t die because of that but it's painful to know that your closest family could live a long full life if only they stopped sucking on that nasty ciggarette...it's so sad...

coke_a_holic
11-04-2005, 06:49 PM
You smoke? :eek:
Ashley...my grandparents are some of the most awesome people ver and they smoke but yes...I agree with you...I wish they would stop..,.
No, I don't.

Officer Counterfit
11-04-2005, 06:50 PM
Same here...it's sad...I don't like it when people smoke not only for their sake but for mine...my mom and dad smoke and I don't want them to die while I'm young...enough family members of mine have died too early due to alchohol...drugs....and smoking...I'll be one of the few that won;t die because of that but it's painful to know that your closest family could live a long full life if only they stopped sucking on that nasty ciggarette...it's so sad...
you havent even had an opportunity to smoke so why are you acting like youre avoiding smoking?

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-04-2005, 06:50 PM
Every smoker knows about the risk they're taking. Telling them for the thousandth time that their arteries are going to clog and they're going to die etc will NOT cause them to quit.

And anyway, a smoker will quit when they want to quit. If they quit before, it won't work. Simple as.

Now stop your goddamn preaching, everyone. We know the risks. We don't need you to remind us.

Human
11-04-2005, 06:51 PM
you havent even had an opportunity to smoke so why are you acting like youre avoiding smoking?
Because when I do have the oppurtunity...I won't take it...and just because I've never had the oppurtunity doesn't mean I don't know anaything about it...

Officer Counterfit
11-04-2005, 06:53 PM
Every smoker knows about the risk they're taking. Telling them for the thousandth time that their arteries are going to clog and they're going to die etc will NOT cause them to quit.

And anyway, a smoker will quit when they want to quit. If they quit before, it won't work. Simple as.

Now stop your goddamn preaching, everyone. We know the risks. We don't need you to remind us.
well usually people want to quit but cant because nicotine is wicked adictive

TheUnholyNightbringer
Because when I do have the oppurtunity...I won't take it...and just because I've never had the oppurtunity doesn't mean I don't know anaything about it...

You may know something but you don't know everything. For a start you don't know what it's like to be addicted.

Officer Counterfit
alight, that makes sense

Human
11-04-2005, 06:56 PM
Something else other than the health problems about smoking...if you smoke more tha once a day...you're wasting a whole hell of alot of money on ciggarettes...I mean....my grandparents spend thousands of dollars on them a year...

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-04-2005, 06:57 PM
Something else other than the health problems about smoking...if you smoke more tha once a day...you're wasting a whole hell of alot of money on ciggarettes...I mean....my grandparents spend thousands of dollars on them a year...

Oh, the MONEY! My good God, no one's EVER mentioned that to me before! I guess I'll just stub out my cigarette right now!

Oh God, SERIOUSLY.

Human
11-04-2005, 06:58 PM
But you honestly don't care about wasting all that money?

Sin Studly
11-04-2005, 07:00 PM
Heh, what a Jew.

TheUnholyNightbringer
Of course I care. It pisses me off quite a lot that around half my paycheque goes on cigarettes.

But you've never smoked, so I'm not even going to try and explain this to you, because you wouldn't understand. Smoking's one of those things you never understand unless you look at it from the inside.

coke_a_holic
Leah, just let him do what he wants. It's not bothering you if someone a few thousand miles away is sucking ash. If it was someone really close to you and you were really worried for them, I'd say go right ahead and pester them to stop. But Dave is old enough to make his own decisions and do as he pleases, as harmful as they may be.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-04-2005, 07:13 PM
I want to light up a cigerette and stick it up TUNB ass.
Your don't even know him newcomer.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-04-2005, 07:14 PM
That's Wishomie. Did you not notice the moronic gait and complete inability to insult anyone?

0r4ng3
11-04-2005, 07:16 PM
Not to mention the wishomie-brand grammatical errors.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-04-2005, 07:19 PM
That's Wishomie. Did you not notice the moronic gait and complete inability to insult anyone?
LoL :rolleyes: I know who it is, as they told me in a PM, but im not going to say if it is or isn't wishomie.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-04-2005, 07:21 PM
LoL :rolleyes: I know who it is, as they told me in a PM, but im not going to say if it is or isn't wishomie.

Why not, monkey?

the_offsprings_monkey
11-04-2005, 07:21 PM
OK so you know it is wishomie lol.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-04-2005, 07:23 PM
Wishomie, I've explained all this in PM. If you've lost the ability to read it's really not my problem. Do what I said and we'll talk. Otherwise, watch every post be deleted. It's as simple as that.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-04-2005, 07:23 PM
Why not, monkey?
Private Message: This is wishomie
Yesterday, 04:37 AM
Praise the lord
Junior Member Join Date: Nov 2005

This is wishomie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my new account to try and gain some respect from the other posters.

The_Hombre
11-04-2005, 07:25 PM
but it's painful to know that your closest family could live a long full life if only they stopped sucking on that nasty ciggarette...it's so sad...

I am sorry for your loss, but can I tell you (and anyone else who is anti-smoking) something? This might shock you.

Thousands of non-smokers die every year.

I guess the world needs an evil though. First it was marijuana (*gasp* you'll turn into an axe weilding maniac and kill you friends!), then it was drink, and now the world is so fucking conscious about it all it seems that all three are now the enemy. People enjoy what's bad for them. Leave it alone man. If you don't smoke because of a personal tragedy, that's your choice. But don't try and preach to people who do smoke because it aint gonna work.

If smokers want to give up so bad, they would quit of their own will or just buy patches or gum or whatever to help them stop. I find it funny how there are no health warnings on bottles of alcohol like there are on cigarette packets. How many people die from liver poisoning and drink driving every year? Shall we compare the figures?

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-04-2005, 07:26 PM
I never thought I'd say this, but, what Ste said.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-04-2005, 07:27 PM
By the way, Wishomie, have you tried signing onto the Wishomie account recently?

Eheheheh.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-04-2005, 07:30 PM
There is nothing differen't about this account.

I know. I just wanted to delete another Wishomie post.

0r4ng3
11-04-2005, 07:31 PM
Well played. I expected him to be banned or something.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-04-2005, 07:31 PM
OMFG lol, I needed that laugh, sorry wishomie, i would'a laughed at anyone if he did that to them.

Right you filthy slags, I'm off to bed, Goodnight. (BTW I call everybody slags so please don't be offended)

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-04-2005, 07:33 PM
Another one deleted. Honestly, Wishomie, I will never EVER get tired of this. =D

Human
11-04-2005, 07:38 PM
Of course I care. It pisses me off quite a lot that around half my paycheque goes on cigarettes.

But you've never smoked, so I'm not even going to try and explain this to you, because you wouldn't understand. Smoking's one of those things you never understand unless you look at it from the inside.
Explain it to me and I'll just shut up...as you please...

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-04-2005, 07:40 PM
Honestly, it's not worth it, because you simply won't understand.

The_Hombre
11-04-2005, 07:41 PM
Explain it to me and I'll just shut up...as you please...

You can't explain it. I was anti smoking until I started.

Actually, I got into smoking cigarettes after I had smoked weed for a few years.

See, it is a gateway drug.

Human
11-04-2005, 07:41 PM
And what if I do understand? I won't pester you at all...never say a single word of complaint about it ever again...never...even if I don't understand...I'll make a deal with you...if I say another word about it you can delete of my threads in gc...

Homer
11-04-2005, 07:42 PM
I am sorry for your loss, but can I tell you (and anyone else who is anti-smoking) something? This might shock you.

Thousands of non-smokers die every year. ... etc.

So, basically in your arguement, you say there's no difference between the number of smokers who die and the number of non-smokers who die? Well, the majority of smokers who die, die BECAUSE of smoking. But I guess in your defence the non-smokers died because of not smoking? I understand what you mean, slightly, but you can't say 'Thousands of non-smokers die everyday'. I mean, NO SHIT, Dicklock. The reason people are against smoking is because there's a bunch of chemicals that are extremely dangerous in cigarettes.

If you're wondering, I don't give a fuck wether people smoke or not, as long as it's not in small rooms.

And Human, here's one way of understanding (yes I know, I haven't experienced it but I've got an idea of what it's like): Think of something or something you love a lot, now try to wipe it out of your life for about a week.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-04-2005, 07:42 PM
Honestly, it's not worth it, because you simply won't understand.
He is right Leah it's impossible to describe it to a non-smoker. (ok ok im going to bed....SOON)

0r4ng3
11-04-2005, 07:43 PM
You can't explain it. I was anti smoking until I started.

Actually, I got into smoking cigarettes after I had smoked weed for a few years.

See, it is a gateway drug.
I don't want to slag down smokers, but I'd rather smoke weed than cigarettes.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-04-2005, 07:44 PM
So, basically in your arguement, you say there's no difference between the number of smokers who die and the number of non-smokers who die? Well, the majority of smokers who die, die BECAUSE of smoking. But I guess in your defence the non-smokers died because of not smoking? I understand what you mean, slightly, but you can't say 'Thousands of non-smokers die everyday'. I mean, NO SHIT, Dicklock. The reason people are against smoking is because there's a bunch of chemicals that are extremely dangerous in cigarettes.

If you're wondering, I don't give a fuck wether people smoke or not, as long as it's not in small rooms.

If you're going to have a go at smokers for smoking you need to be consistent. Harass people who eat junk food and don't excersise. Harass people who eat too much sugar. Harass people who over-excersise, even. Smoking's just one of a million ways you can die and it's unfair to harass smokers if you're not going to harass everyone else.

The_Hombre
11-04-2005, 07:46 PM

You just repeated what I said in my post, just in a round-about way. I know all this, what is your argument?

What's a dicklock?

Homer
11-04-2005, 07:47 PM
If you're going to have a go at smokers for smoking you need to be consistent. Harass people who eat junk food and don't excersise. Harass people who eat too much sugar. Harass people who over-excersise, even. Smoking's just one of a million ways you can die and it's unfair to harass smokers if you're not going to harass everyone else.

Well, the reason for that post was to go against the whole 'thousands of non-etc'. I'm not against smokers, but I'm against the cigarette itself. I mean, it shouldn't be so deadly and so hard to quit, but something like eating too much sugar is a lot easier to quit and it's not as deadly. And besides, I do harass fat people.

You just repeated what I said in my post, just in a round-about way. I know all this, what is your argument?

What's a dicklock?

My arguement was against the 'thouseands of non-smokers die every year' thing.

And dicklock means Sherlock in a sarcastic way, but also calling you a dick.

the_offsprings_monkey
I would like to take this moment to thanks a few people. I would like to thanks my physics teacher, my ex gf and my family,. if not for these people I would still be smoking my way to death.

Human
I have absolutely no argument...

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-04-2005, 07:50 PM
Look, monkey, you quit. Well done. Get a fuckin' medal made. But as an ex-smoker you should know NOTHING is more irritating than a reformed smoker who thinks he's King Shit. Think about it.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-04-2005, 08:36 PM
Look, monkey, you quit. Well done. Get a fuckin' medal made. But as an ex-smoker you should know NOTHING is more irritating than a reformed smoker who thinks he's King Shit. Think about it.
Sorry I'm just so proud of myself for giving up, the cost was a bomb, like £4.50 every 2days.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-04-2005, 08:38 PM
That's about what I'm on now. So props. But you know being a high-horse reformed smoker is just going to make every smoker hate you.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-04-2005, 08:42 PM
That's about what I'm on now. So props. But you know being a high-horse reformed smoker is just going to make every smoker hate you.
Yea ano, I think kim hates me for it. :rolleyes:

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-04-2005, 08:43 PM
Kim still smokes, eh? You must get on her nerves something awful.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-04-2005, 08:46 PM
Kim still smokes, eh? You must get on her nerves something awful.
Yep, she gave up then started smoking again... no kissing for her :p

Offspring7
11-04-2005, 08:55 PM
Smokings pretty bad, but too each their own. If they want to smoke, they know what they're getting into. Later on, its only going to hurt them. I watched bad things happen to people who smoked and I honestly can't make myself feel bad for them because they knew exactly what they're doing. I'm certainly not condoning it though, have respect for the others that have to second-hand smoke it which is worse. And it smells bad too,.

Rag Doll
11-04-2005, 08:58 PM
i hate smoking. and i tend to really get on the people that i care about if they smoke. i mean, it's their choice......but, yeah =\. i worry a lot.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-04-2005, 09:00 PM
i hate smoking. and i tend to really get on the people that i care about if they smoke. i mean, it's their choice......but, yeah =\. i worry a lot.
Yea same here, I keep hinting at Kim to give up.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-04-2005, 09:02 PM
If a smoker does not want to quit, he or she will not quit and hinting will make it worse.

PERIOD.

bd007h
11-04-2005, 09:03 PM
Smoking is the only situation in which quitters actually win

Offspring7
11-04-2005, 09:07 PM
If a smoker does not want to quit, he or she will not quit and hinting will make it worse.

PERIOD.

not necessarily. this one time there was a show that was all about people getting their loved ones to quit. i didn't watch it but i heard about it. hinting helps for certain people.

Sin Studly
11-04-2005, 09:13 PM
No it doesn't. It's the same for any drug of addiction, until the addict chooses to quit, nothing can make them quit.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-04-2005, 09:14 PM

PERIOD.
Well I care an don't really want her dying young .

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-04-2005, 09:15 PM
Then stop badgering her! JEES!

Offspring7
11-04-2005, 09:17 PM
Every cigarette smoked is apparently 6 minutes off your life.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-04-2005, 09:18 PM
That's bullshit urban myth. I know a 40-a-day smoker who lived to be 87. Whoa, if he hadn't have smoked, he'd have been 216!

the_offsprings_monkey
11-04-2005, 09:19 PM
Then stop badgering her! JEES!
I can't because I love her. thats sorta like asking me to let her jump off a bridge.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-04-2005, 09:20 PM
I can't because I love her.

You badger her, she carries on. By badgering her, you're killing her. Weird love, that.

Offspring7
11-04-2005, 09:21 PM
That's bullshit urban myth. I know a 40-a-day smoker who lived to be 87. Whoa, if he hadn't have smoked, he'd have been 216!

Yeah, I know. People say it all the time. I've also heard its only 3 minutes. I don't really believe it though because its an impossibility.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-04-2005, 09:21 PM
You badger her, she carries on. By badgering her, you're killing her. Weird love, that.
She gave up for me the 1st time, I'm sure she'll do it again.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-04-2005, 09:22 PM

Fine, you're the one killing her. Not my problem.

Offspring7
11-04-2005, 09:22 PM

she didn't give it up the 1st time if shes doing it again.

Sin Studly
11-04-2005, 09:25 PM

That and his constant encouragement for her to self-injure.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-04-2005, 09:26 PM
To tell the truth mate I don't really feel like talking about her atm, back on topic please.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-04-2005, 09:29 PM
Hey, you brought it up.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-04-2005, 09:31 PM
Yea I know, but if it's ok I wanna stop now.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-04-2005, 09:31 PM
And we are still on topic. We're talking about cigarettes, aren't we?

the_offsprings_monkey
11-04-2005, 09:37 PM
Ummm yea, Smokers feel free to smoke and slowly kill yourselfs, but please, don't blow your smoke my way.

ohh that reminds me of how my mate andrew made his girl give up smoking. they got married like a year ago an he said to her she could carry on smoking right, but if she dies, he's going out getting abother bird, she soon fucking gave up.

Sin Studly
11-04-2005, 09:45 PM
Ummm yea, Smokers feel free to smoke and slowly kill yourselfs, but please, don't blow your smoke my way.

Man the fuck up, you faggot little bitch, I don't use drugs anymore but I don't cry like a weak little sensitive vagina when people shoot up around me.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-04-2005, 10:03 PM
Man the fuck up, you faggot little bitch, I don't use drugs anymore but I don't cry like a weak little sensitive vagina when people shoot up around me.
YOU DICK, these are 2 separate thing, those druggies ain't sticking the needle in YOU are they. but the smoke IS going though my lungs ain't it.

Kitten
11-04-2005, 11:06 PM

So when you said you were responsible for her depression, you weren't far wrong. You make her feel like shit for smoking and wonder why she gets fucking depressed...

the_offsprings_monkey
11-04-2005, 11:11 PM
So when you said you were responsible for her depression, you weren't far wrong. You make her feel like shit for smoking and wonder why she gets fucking depressed...
No if you really must fucking know, she was depressed cause she got it into her head I was gonna dump her.

yay
11-05-2005, 02:25 AM
I only really social smoke. And even that I've only done a few times.

.:SMASH:.
11-05-2005, 02:38 AM
smoking is for rebels

SkunkIt
11-05-2005, 02:45 AM
Give up the cigarettes you filthy smokers.
I agree. Buy a hookah instead:

http://www.hookahculture.com/HSR1.jpg

memento
11-05-2005, 02:46 AM
Fags are a regressive tax, it's quite funny.

memento
11-05-2005, 02:55 AM
ohh that reminds me of how my mate andrew made his girl give up smoking. they got married like a year ago an he said to her she could carry on smoking right, but if she dies, he's going out getting abother bird, she soon fucking gave up.

Heh 'love' and 'lust' do lots of things like that. My ex knew I hated smoking so she gave up before we even went out so as not to put me off her. I credit myself for saving a life.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-05-2005, 02:57 AM
Heh 'love' and 'lust' do lots of things like that. My ex knew I hated smoking so she gave up before we even went out so as not to put me off her. I credit myself for saving a life.
I'd do that shit to my gurl but im just to kind. :rolleyes:

memento
11-05-2005, 02:58 AM
I didn't tell her to quit, she just quit because she knew I didn't like smoking so as not to put me off her.

JoY
11-05-2005, 02:59 AM
Give up the cigarettes you filthy smokers. You're going to get lung cancer and blood clots then DIE.
I think I know better what will happen to me if I continue smoking, although you can't even be sure, than you do.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-05-2005, 03:10 AM
I didn't tell her to quit, she just quit because she knew I didn't like smoking so as not to put me off her.
Yea so did mine, then she got pissed up an smoked, I blame her mate tho, the chavette.

Obie2trice
11-05-2005, 03:12 AM
Today it`s 4 weeks ago that I stopped smoking. I`ve smoked cigarettes for four years. It is not that hard to quit, but you got to have the feeling in you that you really want to quit to make it work.

JoY
11-05-2005, 03:19 AM
How many people die from liver poisoning and drink driving every year? Shall we compare the figures?
not to mention Korsakov syndrom, domestic abuse through alcohol addiction, liver failure (without poisening), failure of the portal artery system, self-neglection with all the consequences (TBC, other drugs, vitamin deficiency, Ca2+ deficiency....), depression, impotence, braindamage (not Korsakov), stomach problems, heart problems.....

Blue_Dragon
11-05-2005, 04:00 AM
I've never started
same with me, and i dont plan to either. i've had penty of cigarettes... never liked em.

The_Hombre
11-05-2005, 05:52 AM
TOM, there were a lot of posts I could've quoted you on, but these two stood out.

I don't know what sort of smokers you hang around, but most smokers I know have the consideration not to do it in front of non-smokers. They leave the room, or go outside. They certainly do not blow smoke in their direction, either on purpose or by accident, because that is just plain rude.

In future, however, if we ever meet, I will blow smoke into your face just for being so damn single minded about all this.

No if you really must fucking know, she was depressed cause she got it into her head I was gonna dump her.

Oh and why would she think that? Maybe you should give her the freedom to do what she wants to do. You donít own her, you canít claim any right as to what she can and cannot do. Everything is still her choice.

I know a lot of couples where only one partner smokes, and theyíre fine. I asked my friend once if he minded kissing her girlfriend, he said heís got no problem with it. If you love her that much, youíll get over it and let her do what she wants to do. Also, on a psychological note, if she is depressed (for whatever reason), smoking might be her only outlet, something she enjoys doing.

I said before that intelligent people can understand both sides of an argument, if it is valid enough. I understand your point of view, you donít like smoking because it smells, it is costly, and you think it is killing your girlfriend. But you also have to understand her point of view, also mine, Daveís and Justinís (apologies for any BBS smokerís I have left out).

The_Hombre
11-05-2005, 05:52 AM
not to mention Korsakov syndrom, domestic abuse through alcohol addiction, liver failure (without poisening), failure of the portal artery system, self-neglection with all the consequences (TBC, other drugs, vitamin deficiency, Ca2+ deficiency....), depression, impotence, braindamage (not Korsakov), stomach problems, heart problems.....

I was just about to argue those points... :)

JoY
11-05-2005, 06:11 AM
(apologies for any BBS smokerís I have left out).
*waves* ;p

& I must say I mostly agree with The_Hombre.

people tell me all the time to quit smoking, BECAUSE I'm studying medicine. where & how is one related to the other?? so yeah, I study human health & hope one day to be able to cure people. does that mean I can't be human, unlike my future patients? does that mean I have to set some kind of example of a superhealthy superbeing? does the fact I study medicine mean in ANY way I'm desperate to protect my own health? no. no, no, no.

people shouting that it'd be wrong to tell someone with emphysema to quit smoking, while I smell like tobacco myself is unethical are wrong. I mean, what the hell; the patient is sick & being a doctor it's your job to fix it. you're obligated to him & your profession to advice him to quit smoking. what the fuck is unethical about seperating your personal behaviour from your job? it's healthy not to mingle personal life & work. it's not like doctors ARE their work. they DO their work. & if they want to smoke, they're just as free to do so as any other person. the only difference is that they at least know -exactly- what the consequences are/can be.

Ste -how do you mean? argue those points?

0r4ng3
11-05-2005, 06:13 AM
The more people bitch about how smoking is bad, the more I want to start out of spite.

dalaksta
11-05-2005, 06:21 AM
i dont like smokers, they smell weird
but my grandfather smokes, he gave my grandmother emphasima from all the second hand smoke
plus i think its starting to get to his head, he bought a motorcycle last year, hes almost 75

JoY
11-05-2005, 06:22 AM
by the way, did every one of you know that it's a proven fact that it costs the government less to let people keep smoking, than if every smoker quit? they put warnings on the packages, not because they're kind enough to inform you on something you doubtlessly already knew, but because it's ethical & because it saves trials with tobacco companies. the world population's average age is increasing every fucking minute. have you got any idea what that does to economy? have you got any clue how much elderly care, mental care, etc, costs? & how little of that money flows back, since the higher the average age, the more working population will decrease?

it's a non-argument. it doesn't work either way as an argument for any statement concerning the matter, but it is some nice information.

JoY
11-05-2005, 06:34 AM
i dont like smokers, they smell weird
but my grandfather smokes, he gave my grandmother emphasima from all the second hand smoke
plus i think its starting to get to his head, he bought a motorcycle last year, hes almost 75
first of all; it's almost impossible your grandmother suffers from emphysema JUST from your grandfather's second hand smoke. if it'd affect anyone, it'd affect your grandfather first, unless other factors played their part. second of all; smoking doesn't affect your rationality.

the_GoDdEsS
11-05-2005, 06:43 AM
People who say "I'm never going to..." are ridiculous. Sorry. You can't know. And I just had one. Preach to me.

Kitten
11-05-2005, 07:17 AM
People who say "I'm never going to..." are ridiculous. Sorry. You can't know. And I just had one. Preach to me.

I'll quit one day. I just don't feel like it right now.

the_GoDdEsS
11-05-2005, 07:20 AM
No, I meant "I'm never going to smoke/drink/do this/that.".

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-05-2005, 07:21 AM
Ste -how do you mean? argue those points?

I think he meant he was going to mention them.

Ste, you're exactly right. I know a lot of smokers and not a single one will sit with a group of non-smokers and smoke away. Infact the smokers I know are more polite than the non-smokers; the non-smokers make stupid fake coughs and badger all the time. The smokers I know are incredibly considerate.

Monkey, wtf? No, they don't shoot the drugs into you, but if you've been addicted to the kind of stuff Justin's been addicted to, do you not think seeing someone else do it would be extreemely difficult? And yet he doesn't bitch. Stop being a vag.

Look, I think we can sum up this thread now.

Smokers will not give up until they want to.
Badgering them is going to do nothing.
Monkey's a complete fucking idiot.

Kitten
11-05-2005, 07:22 AM
To the_GoDdEsS I realised that, it's just late over here, and shouldn't have really quoted, seeing as my reply was out of context.

The funny thing is, there are pack a day smokers (and in some cases 2) who live to see 100. And yet I know someone who hasn't smoked or drank in his life, and he just had a tumour removed from his throat.

the_GoDdEsS
11-05-2005, 07:24 AM
Of course. It depends on your body.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-05-2005, 07:25 AM
You could watch your cholestral, work out, eat healthily, watch your weight, do absolutely everything right, and be knocked down by a bus tomorrow.

The_Hombre
11-05-2005, 09:12 AM
You could watch your cholestral, work out, eat healthily, watch your weight, do absolutely everything right, and be knocked down by a bus tomorrow.

That post sums up this whole thread for me. You [/b]could[/b] live a long life, yes. You could live to be 100. You could outlive all your friends.

All these are possibly maybes. There are no certanties in life apart from death and taxes and possibly Sin Studly becoming Master of the Universe.

I only know one thing for certain - I ain't gonna quit smoking just because some little runt tells me to and goes on an on about the effects of smoking, and second hand smoke. Just move away. Do not start coughing and spluttering. We don't care if you start coughing "politely" or start a whole tirade of coughing. It is still rude.

Dave is right - most non smokers are a lot less considerate than smokers.

Joy - I was being sarcastic - I have no idea what most of those things were that you mentioned :)

Yatesy
11-05-2005, 09:14 AM
I don't smoke, but meh if people want to inject cancer into the lungs, go ahead.

The_Hombre
11-05-2005, 09:45 AM
I don't smoke, but meh if people want to inject cancer into the lungs, go ahead.

Do you, or have you ever, had an alcoholic drink?

Everyone who preaches about smoking thinks they are the first person to tell me that smoking causes cancer. Just FUCK OFF!! I'm sick of hearing it.

Hey Yatesy, did you know that eating too many pies causes you to get fat?

Nicole
11-05-2005, 04:13 PM
Some of you guys have no idea of the nature of addiction. It's incredibly fustrating to hear people tell you, like you've never heard it in your life, that cigarettes are bad for you. If you're alive and don't live in a cave you know cigarettes are bad for you.

You can't tell people to give up an experience you've never shared and don't have a clue about because until you know what makes it great you, just sound like an idiot.

memento
11-05-2005, 04:15 PM
We all reason by analogy because we all can't experience every single feeling in the world.

JoY
11-05-2005, 04:19 PM
Do you, or have you ever, had an alcoholic drink?

or a French frie for that matter.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-05-2005, 06:29 PM
Yea it's fine if they want to go kill themselves slowly but do they have to kill us as well?

EDIT: by us I mean non-smokers.

The_Hombre
11-05-2005, 07:25 PM
Yea it's fine if they want to go kill themselves slowly but do they have to kill us as well?

You read my reply to Yatesy before, so I assume you're either incredibly dumb or just taking the piss.

I'm very tired at the moment so this isn't my best mood, but don't spoil it for us. If you do I swear to fucking God that I will make it my life's work to track you down, follow you to every pub you go to, and say

"Did you know, that pint could be driving you one step closer to cancer."

That would put you off your pint, wouldn't it? But you still want to drink it. Why? Because it is sociable and you like the taste and the feeling you get when it enters your bloodstream.

Well guess what? Same story with smokers, just replace the bloodstream with the lungs. I suggest you cut your smoker mates and your girlfriend some slack.

Just so you know (Joy can back me up on this - I hope :)), it has been proven that, in some cases, stopping smoking actually causes a smoker damage. The lead singer of a band (I forget which) got some kind of bug in her throat (I also forget what it was called). She tried all sorts of medication, nothing worked.

It doesn't matter what I forgot, the point of the story is that she was a 40 a day smoker and gave up of her own free will. After nothing worked to clear the infection, her doctor advised her to start smoking again, and the infection cleared up. Her doctor summised that she got the infection from stopping smoking.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-05-2005, 07:37 PM
You read my reply to Yatesy before, so I assume you're either incredibly dumb or just taking the piss.

I'm very tired at the moment so this isn't my best mood, but don't spoil it for us. If you do I swear to fucking God that I will make it my life's work to track you down, follow you to every pub you go to, and say

"Did you know, that pint could be driving you one step closer to cancer."

That would put you off your pint, wouldn't it? But you still want to drink it. Why? Because it is sociable and you like the taste and the feeling you get when it enters your bloodstream.

Well guess what? Same story with smokers, just replace the bloodstream with the lungs. I suggest you cut your smoker mates and your girlfriend some slack.
How about NO

That_Guy91
11-05-2005, 07:39 PM
How about NO
thank you for your intelligent and well-thought out post.

The_Hombre
11-05-2005, 07:46 PM
thank you for your intelligent and well-thought out post.

At least we are safe in the knowledge that, not only can we beat him in a debate by putting forward a proper argument, we can slowly kill him by all that smoke we blow in his face. Because, you know, smokers do that. Blow smoke in people's faces. How inconsiderate.

That_Guy91
11-05-2005, 07:47 PM
At least we are safe in the knowledge that, not only can we beat him in a debate by putting forward a proper argument, we can slowly kill him by all that smoke we blow in his face. Because, you know, smokers do that. Blow smoke in people's faces. How inconsiderate.
well im on his side when he says that smokers hurt others too, but that dosent stop him from being an idiot.

The_Hombre
11-05-2005, 07:51 PM
well im on his side when he says that smokers hurt others too, but that dosent stop him from being an idiot.

At least you don't go around saying that smoking gives you cancer all the time. You (and almost everyone else) realise that everyone in the entire world knows this fact.

TOM - the above is true. So why constantly remind us? That's what the warnings on fag packets and common sense are for.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-05-2005, 08:04 PM
Fine Let The Fucking Thread Die Pricks. like you will.

That_Guy91
11-05-2005, 08:04 PM
haha you tried to type in all caps and it didnt work.
EDIT: or maybe you have awkward shifting habits.

The_Hombre
11-05-2005, 08:08 PM
Fine Let The Fucking Thread Die Pricks. like you will.

Do you talk like this in front of your girlfriend when you have arguments about her smoking?

the_offsprings_monkey
11-05-2005, 08:12 PM
Do you talk like this in front of your girlfriend when you have arguments about her smoking?
No because she wants to give up so she told me an we don't have arguments about her smoking, because she told me shes trying to give up, she knows I'm ok as long as she keeps the smoke away from me.

The_Hombre
11-05-2005, 08:17 PM
No because she wants to give up so she told me an we don't have arguments about her smoking, because she told me shes trying to give up, she knows I'm ok as long as she keeps the smoke away from me.

As long as she is giving up because she wants to and not because you have forced her into it.

After reading this thread, I have concluded that your views on smoking and smokers are very skewed, I would think twice before repeating any of the views you mentioned here to anyone in real life if I were you. Well, unless you know them well and/or are under 3 foot.

Because one day you might find yourself in A&E.

Offspring-Fanatic
11-05-2005, 08:56 PM

black lungs are sexy man lol

I'M JUST KIDDING!!!! i think it should be outlawed b/c it is so bad for you.
my best friend's mom smokes but when she does she goes out back so she's not endangering us which is good. (except for those few who hate me they may hope that im next to her the rest of her life but)

yeah i think smoking sucks. plus i cant stand the smell of smoke anywhere even campfire smoke i cant stand.

dude its gonna suck if someone arsonates (is that a word?) my house

Sin Studly
11-05-2005, 10:27 PM
YOU DICK, these are 2 separate thing, those druggies ain't sticking the needle in YOU are they. but the smoke IS going though my lungs ain't it.

a) Second-hand smoke isn't gonna kill you, pussy
b) The smoke goes through my lungs too when they cook it, tard

Italia311
11-05-2005, 10:33 PM
yuh I haven't smoked cigs in 3.5 yrs...crazy!! I feel good...I don't feel like im going to die when I play soccer now..

Oh and uh..second hand smoke does kill you. Cigarettes have poison in them..fuck man.

T-6005
11-05-2005, 10:35 PM
I smoke when I'm drunk. Which is fucking all the time.

And people have been posting like fucking crazy today.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-05-2005, 10:36 PM
a) Second-hand smoke isn't gonna kill you, pussy
b) The smoke goes through my lungs too when they cook it, tard
Your insults bounce off me like my dentist tits bounce off my head. Now go kill yourself cockwod

T-6005
11-05-2005, 10:38 PM
Your insults bounce off me like my dentist tits bounce off my head. Now go kill yourself cockwod
Your dentist's tits bounce off your head?

Does your girlfriend know, or do you take advantage of her scheduled cutting time to do this?

Italia311
11-05-2005, 10:39 PM
I smoke when I'm drunk. Which is fucking all the time.

And people have been posting like fucking crazy today.

I'm going to post you like crazy today...

shit..who said that@?!$@#%?

:eek:

the_offsprings_monkey
11-05-2005, 10:39 PM
Your dentist's tits bounce off your head?

Does your girlfriend know, or do you take advantage of her scheduled cutting time to do this?
Yea my gf knows, and no I ain't fucking my dentist.

T-6005
11-05-2005, 10:44 PM
I'm going to post you like crazy today...

shit..who said that@?!$@#%?

:eek:
You're going to post me? What the fuck?

the_offsprings_monkey
11-05-2005, 10:45 PM
IDK maybe he is a human poster?... ok that made no sence.

Italia311
11-05-2005, 10:46 PM
Yeah, just some random thing that I say mostly...

the_offsprings_monkey
11-05-2005, 10:47 PM
:mad: My dad just smoked a cigarette next to me an I feel sick now.

T-6005
11-05-2005, 10:47 PM
Leads to some fucked up horror movie in a few years.

"OH MY GOD! RONNIES BEEN POSTED!"

*Runs and gets speared to a wall*

T-6005
11-05-2005, 10:48 PM
:mad: My dad just smoked a cigarette next to me an I feel sick now.
I know the feeling. My dad smokes at breakfast, which is the most disgusting thing ever. I don't mind a cigarette when I'm out, but otherwise...

Italia311
11-05-2005, 10:56 PM
I used so smoke all the time after I ate..I now realize hows gross it was...sick.

T-6005
11-05-2005, 10:57 PM
Smoking before you eat makes food taste like shit. Honestly.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-05-2005, 10:57 PM
I would hate myself if I started to smoke again.

Italia311
11-05-2005, 10:59 PM
you know whats good after dinner??? Espresso with a shot of Sambuca...mmm FUCK.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-05-2005, 11:00 PM
I like ice cream wrapped in sponge after dinner... :rolleyes:

Italia311
11-05-2005, 11:03 PM
what is spong?

the_offsprings_monkey
11-05-2005, 11:03 PM
I made a spelling mistake.

Italia311
11-05-2005, 11:06 PM
what is it though...like what is it? I dont even know what you mean..

the_offsprings_monkey
11-05-2005, 11:07 PM
Ummm I'll post a photo in a few mins for you.

Italia311
11-05-2005, 11:09 PM
nice, alright.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-05-2005, 11:11 PM
Ok I can't find any pics, but it is ice cream with cake wrapped around it.

GreenTerror
11-05-2005, 11:36 PM
Ha ha, I read the first 2 pages of this thread, and it was about "leave us smokers slone" and I read the very last post that says "It's ice cream with cake wrapped around it." Oh wow, that's funny. :)

the_offsprings_monkey
11-05-2005, 11:42 PM
Well when you hang in a thread with people like me this is what happens.

JoY
11-06-2005, 03:21 AM

stop being so incredibly dumb. smokers don't kill themselves slowly, they just give themselves some lungdamage, which if not too large you can live perfectly fine with, & they increase their chance of dying. just like you give yourself braindamage every time you get slushed & increase the chance of damaging your liver. & second hand smoke is NOT killing you, you drama-queen.

the_GoDdEsS
11-06-2005, 03:23 AM
People should be prohibited from having opinions on things they know nothing about.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-06-2005, 03:26 AM
stop being so incredibly dumb. smokers don't kill themselves slowly, they just give themselves some lungdamage, which if not too large you can live perfectly fine with, & they increase their chance of dying. just like you give yourself braindamage every time you get slushed & increase the chance of damaging your liver. & second hand smoke is NOT killing you, you drama-queen.
No because when I do drink (which aint that often) I don't drink loads. oh and passive smoking can damage your lungs.

JoY
11-06-2005, 03:30 AM
yuh I haven't smoked cigs in 3.5 yrs...crazy!! I feel good...I don't feel like im going to die when I play soccer now..

Oh and uh..second hand smoke does kill you. Cigarettes have poison in them..fuck man.
no, no, no. it DOESN'T kill you. second hand smoke in a massive amount you can't even begin to imagine (imagine yourself in a room in which you can't even see your hand anymore through the smoke, if you have it reached out, & imagine that happens frequently; now THAT is unhealthy) INCREASES the chance you get sick.

like I've said before; smoking doesn't cause lungcancer. it increases the fucking risk. & with riskfactors combined, the risk might get so high, you MIGHT eventually get it. 15-20 % of all extremely frequent smokers that have been smoking for a very long time get lungcancer. so when you lit up a cigarette, you don't automatically have a gigantic ball of overdeviding cells in your lungtissue.

JoY
11-06-2005, 03:33 AM
People should be prohibited from having opinions on things they know nothing about.
I agree. I so agree. *shakes head*

TOM, why don't you get into the subject for a change? read up on lungs, FEV's, TLV's, RV's, emphysema, DNA-mutations, etc etc. then you might have the slightest idea what you're talking about.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-06-2005, 03:35 AM
I agree. I so agree. *shakes head*

TOM, why don't you get into the subject for a change? read up on lungs, FEV's, TLV's, RV's, emphysema, DNA-mutations, etc etc. then you might have the slightest idea what you're talking about.
:o because I have better things to do with my time.

memento
11-06-2005, 03:36 AM
& second hand smoke is NOT killing you, you drama-queen.

It is still carcinnogenic. cf (WHO IARC Monographs on the Evaluation of Carcinogenic Risks to Humans, "Tobacco Smoke and Involuntary Smoking", Vol. 83.) (http://www-cie.iarc.fr/htdocs/indexes/vol83index.html). Dept. of Health (US) study (http://ntp.niehs.nih.gov/index.cfm?objectid=32BA9724-F1F6-975E-7FCE50709CB4C932) and I could give loads more papers but can't really be arsed.

As I mentioned earlier, in David's thread in politics. The burdon of proof should be on the smokers to prove that their second hand smoke doesn't cause damage to us with scientific certainty (i.e. beyond reasonable doubt)

That is a norm of environmental law: that just becuase there isn't scientific consensus on activities that cause harm to the environment, that lack of consensus shoudln't be used as a reason to continue development. And in our case just becuase some disagree with the effects of environmental smoke doesn't mean that it should be permitted. My (our) health is at stake.

JoY
11-06-2005, 03:41 AM
No because when I do drink (which aint that often) I don't drink loads. oh and passive smoking can damage your lungs.
I didn't say you, as in YOU. the world wouldn't stop turning without you, you know. not everything evolves around you. fact is, many teenage kids these days get themselves slushed on a frequent basis without a second thought. & they don't even know half as well what that does to you, as smokers know what smoking does to them. I was simply making a comparison.

it CAN damage your lungs. like I said, in an insane amount on a daily basis. but cars damage your lungs, factories, chlorine, busses, tar, asbestos.. if you ever live to experience the age of 70, your lungs WILL be black. no matter if you've ever breathed in second hand smoke, or not.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-06-2005, 03:42 AM
It is still carcinnogenic. cf (WHO IARC Monographs on the Evaluation of Carcinogenic Risks to Humans, "Tobacco Smoke and Involuntary Smoking", Vol. 83.) (http://www-cie.iarc.fr/htdocs/indexes/vol83index.html). Dept. of Health (US) study (http://ntp.niehs.nih.gov/index.cfm?objectid=32BA9724-F1F6-975E-7FCE50709CB4C932) and I could give loads more papers but can't really be arsed.

As I mentioned earlier, in David's thread in politics. The burdon of proof should be on the smokers to prove that their second hand smoke doesn't cause damage to us with scientific certainty (i.e. beyond reasonable doubt)

That is a norm of environmental law: that just becuase there isn't scientific consensus on activities that cause harm to the environment, that lack of consensus shoudln't be used as a reason to continue development. And in our case just becuase some disagree with the effects of environmental smoke doesn't mean that it should be permitted. My (our) health is at stake.
OH SNAP!!1 joy just got PWn3D

memento
11-06-2005, 03:44 AM
it CAN damage your lungs. like I said, in an insane amount on a daily basis. but cars damage your lungs, factories, chlorine, busses, tar, asbestos.. if you ever live to experience the age of 70, your lungs WILL be black. no matter if you've ever breathed in second hand smoke, or not.

Of course, and that is why there are a multitude of international treaties, agreements that aim to reduce that. So why shoudl secodn hand smoke be any different?

JoY
11-06-2005, 03:44 AM
:o because I have better things to do with my time.
there you have it. so you admit knowing nothing of the actual matter you began to discuss? so you'll agree with me that you've based your opinion on what you've heard & think you know, thus on nothing relevant? that's a shame. it's an interesting subject.

memento
11-06-2005, 03:45 AM
*raises hand* I have interesting observations and woudln't call myself completely stupid to the relevant facts!

JoY
11-06-2005, 03:45 AM
OH SNAP!!1 joy just got PWn3D
not really. I study medicine, fuckwit. there's nothing on this subject I don't know.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-06-2005, 03:47 AM
not really. I study medicine, fuckwit. there's nothing on this subject I don't know.
Just cause you study it don't mean you're good at it, I think you're rather shit.

memento
11-06-2005, 03:50 AM
Dude shut up, you don't know anything about her.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-06-2005, 03:54 AM
Dude shut up, you don't know anything about her.
Well considering she thinks passive smoking is not harmful to you, which in fact it is.

JoY
11-06-2005, 04:01 AM
Of course, and that is why there are a multitude of international treaties, agreements that aim to reduce that. So why shoudl secodn hand smoke be any different?
not really. chlorine still is used in pools. did you know that close to 20% of the world population these days is asthmatic, or allergic to the chlorine used in pools? & did you know that they're thus pretty much excluded from any pool that has that stuff in it? did you know that people are as free to drink & eat unhealthy, as they are to smoke? did you know that 35% of the kids under the age of ten these days is obese & that it's hardly their fault? fat food is spread more rapidly than second hand smoke & -that-'s carcinogenic & cholesterol damages your veins quicker than second hand smoke could EVER do.

my intention is not to compare all this. at least, not this time. what I'm trying to say is that people have the fucking right to have their bad habbits. from fucking nailbiting to eating unhealthy, to feeding the kids unhealthy food, to smoking on the balcony. it's HUMAN. it damages, but if you live an entire life without even having the RIGHT to have your own little silly habbits, then everyone will be extremely limited. where will you stop after smoking? smokers already have to stand outside, no matter how goddam cold it is, because many smoking sections have been removed. smokers already have been informed on how bad it is for them. the whole WORLD knows smoking damages. so how far are you willing to go? what do you want to accomplish here? cigarettes off the market? then you'll have to embrace the bankruptcy of your own economy with open arms.

smoking has been blown up way out of proportion, compared to the causes of other major healthproblems this society has. I'm not saying it's good for you, I'm not saying second hand smoke does absolutely nothing, I'm just saying that second hand smoke HARDY affects your health & that the attention of society has shifted to relatively trivial things, if you look at what the health department has to deal with.

ę_ļŖšŖ•_–Žvilļ_Ľ
11-06-2005, 04:01 AM
Hahahaha...I don't smoke...nah ne nah nah nah nah!!!

the_offsprings_monkey
11-06-2005, 04:06 AM
lol good good.

JoY
11-06-2005, 04:06 AM
Just cause you study it don't mean you're good at it, I think you're rather shit.
*raises eyebrow* like in ANY way, you would know. what I know about lungs, smoking & the consequences I don't know just from my studies anyway, but from personal research. you should try that some time; informing yourself, so you know what the fuck you're talking about.

you've been pwn3d about thirty-million times in this topic. don't go around telling me I'm pwn3d, because you don't even have the knowledge to grasp when anyone is pwn3d, BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE GODDAM SUBJECT.

Dush, thanks. you know I just enjoy arguing with you, because you reach a certain level of intelligence that makes it challenging & interesting.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-06-2005, 04:09 AM
*raises eyebrow* like in ANY way, you would know. what I know about lungs, smoking & the consequences I don't know just from my studies anyway, but from personal research. you should try that some time; informing yourself, so you know what the fuck you're talking about.

you've been pwn3d about thirty-million times in this topic. don't go around telling me I'm pwn3d, because you don't even have the knowledge to grasp when anyone is pwn3d, BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE GODDAM SUBJECT.

Dush, thanks. you know I just enjoy arguing with you, because you reach a certain level of intelligence that makes it challenging & interesting.When are you going to take the hint I don't give a shit about what you have to say?

JoY
11-06-2005, 04:11 AM
Well considering she thinks passive smoking is not harmful to you, which in fact it is.
I didn't say that. *someone* hasn't taken the effort to read posts with more than four sentences. second hand smoke IS damaging. in little amounts & also in huge amounts. no way aorund it. BUT however, there's NO way little amounts of second hand smoke can make any significant difference to your health. not even average amounts, most of the times not even huge amounts. catch my drift? there's a difference between lungdamage you simply will never notice, ever, & between a fucking carcinomaball in your lungtop.

memento
11-06-2005, 04:11 AM
not really. chlorine still is used in pools. did you know that close to 20% of the world population these days is asthmatic, or allergic to the chlorine used in pools? & did you know that they're thus pretty much excluded from any pool that has that stuff in it?

I did not know this.

did you know that people are as free to drink & eat unhealthy, as they are to smoke? did you know that 35% of the kids under the age of ten these days is obese & that it's hardly their fault? fat food is spread more rapidly than second hand smoke & -that-'s carcinogenic & cholesterol damages your veins quicker than second hand smoke could EVER do.

I did know this. But the fact remains that secodn hand smoke actually spreads, you cannot avoid it if you work in say a bar. You CAN avoid fatty foods when you are older. Of course not as a kid. BUt how is one going to enforce legislation stopping parents feeding their kids foods high in cholestrol and high GI? You can't. You CAN enforce a smoking ban, however. When one eats bad foods it doesn't spread to others who do not want to eat it.

The fact is smoke cannot be avoided, it's not like the other examples you gave because you can avoid them. I am more concerned about the health of those who are forced to work in bars. Because you know what? It's the same old story of the workers getting a raw deal. It happened in the mines and recent advances in medical science show it is happening in the bars.

JoY
11-06-2005, 04:13 AM
When are you going to take the hint I don't give a shit about what you have to say?
then stop fucking posting & stop the fuck making such retarded topics. embrace the fact you're ignorant, unread, uninformed & unintelligent & stop bothering us with it.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-06-2005, 04:13 AM
then stop fucking posting & stop the fuck making such retarded topics. embrace the fact you're ignorant, unread, uninformed & unintelligent & stop bothering us with it.
Oh how I do love the sound of nobody caring... Dnt you?

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-06-2005, 04:33 AM
If I ever meet TOM I'm going to make a point of lighting up with him in a crowded room, offering his girlfriend one and blowing the smoke in his face.

TOM, you're a complete retard. Like JoY has said about half a million times, yes, second hand smoke does cause damage. But a TINY TINY amount. Where are you complaining about having to breathe smoke? In a bar? That's what the no-smoking sections for. Or go to a non-smoking bar, there's a few about these days. At home? There's nowhere NEAR enough smoke in the air to cause you ANY kind of significant damage, now or ever.

Even if everyone was to stop smoking, your lungs would still be fucked. Why? Pollution. Plenty of it about. Even if cigarettes were to magically disappear you'd still breathe in a LOT of chemicals n' shit from the air.

I dare you to reply to this with something other than "wah wah wah I don't care."

JoY
11-06-2005, 04:34 AM
I did not know this.

I did know this. But the fact remains that secodn hand smoke actually spreads, you cannot avoid it if you work in say a bar. You CAN avoid fatty foods when you are older. Of course not as a kid. BUt how is one going to enforce legislation stopping parents feeding their kids foods high in cholestrol and high GI? You can't. You CAN enforce a smoking ban, however. When one eats bad foods it doesn't spread to others who do not want to eat it.

The fact is smoke cannot be avoided, it's not like the other examples you gave because you can avoid them. I am more concerned about the health of those who are forced to work in bars. Because you know what? It's the same old story of the workers getting a raw deal. It happened in the mines and recent advances in medical science show it is happening in the bars.
sweetie, I love you, you know that. but I really have to say that in a lot of places the smoking ban has already been realised. there was one bar in Amsterdam, where you couldn't smoke, & it went bankrupt. smokers started going elsewhere & their friends just came along. the same happens when someone thoroughly enjoys a burger; they take their friends with them. & why do their friends come along to a bar where you -can- smoke? probably because they don't feel second hand smoke bothers them that much & they like to hang out with their smoking friends. smokers have a choice. non-smokers have a choice just as much. they can go wherever they want, why not do it? because in practice.. second hand smoke doesn't form such a massive risk, that it should be entirely avoided. if it would, they would've taken the smoking friend to that non-smoking bar. because it's not like a smoker can't stop smoking for a few hours. they'd do that, you know? for their friends. they're not inhumane, Ivil & intend to bring down their friends with them.

& why can't you ban something as simple to ban as McDonalds? because it's your own choice to go there. it's your own fucking cholesterol level that shoots up to the moon. so indeed, that doesn't spread, unless you convince your family/friends/etc to go there every time you eat out. (lolz, eat out) & there is such a thing as food-addiction. but you're right, it doesn't spread a blue fog, like smoking does. but it's not The Blue Fog of Death, or something, sugar. (that'd make a hell of a movietitle *giggles*) sure it isn't exactly good for you, but 98% of the population will never notice they ever inhaled it. & the 2% we're speaking of are extreme cases, who've been exposed to it in insane amounts & maintain a wrong food-pattern/eating-habbit, or live in a city, or don't have their genes in their favour, or work in a factory, or or or.

smoking isn't the only thing that increases the risk of cancer.. DNA-mutations exist in your body a 100% of the time. tumors.. they come & go thorough your life. & not just your life, everyone's life. your body is constructed that way, that it cleans up anything that seems off. if a genetic flaw & many factors from outside cause your DNA to mutate & create a tumor, you'll still most likely be fine in the end of the day. but yeah, it -could- be lethal. the right combination of risk factors could be lethal. or well, not exactly -lethal-, since we have rather effective ways to treat cancer nowadays.

JoY
11-06-2005, 04:35 AM
Oh how I do love the sound of nobody caring... Dnt you?
you care enough to keep replying. oops, did you just give yourself away? aw, I'm sorry. I'm sorry that God didn't find the time to give everyone a complete brain with two halfs fully functioning.

JoY
11-06-2005, 04:37 AM
If I ever meet TOM I'm going to make a point of lighting up with him in a crowded room, offering his girlfriend one and blowing the smoke in his face.

TOM, you're a complete retard. Like JoY has said about half a million times, yes, second hand smoke does cause damage. But a TINY TINY amount. Where are you complaining about having to breathe smoke? In a bar? That's what the no-smoking sections for. Or go to a non-smoking bar, there's a few about these days. At home? There's nowhere NEAR enough smoke in the air to cause you ANY kind of significant damage, now or ever.

Even if everyone was to stop smoking, your lungs would still be fucked. Why? Pollution. Plenty of it about. Even if cigarettes were to magically disappear you'd still breathe in a LOT of chemicals n' shit from the air.

I dare you to reply to this with something other than "wah wah wah I don't care."
we should get married. & light up many, many cigarettes in t_o_m's name. cheers t_o_m!

<3

the_offsprings_monkey
11-06-2005, 04:38 AM

Last person who blow smoke in my face got knocked right out, feel free to try tho.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-06-2005, 04:39 AM
And yes I'm aware that makes me sound stupid.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-06-2005, 04:39 AM
Last person who blow smoke in my face got knocked right out, feel free to try tho.

Haha, I wouldn't meet you anyway. But I know if I did I'd take great pleasure in watching your face when I offer your girl one.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-06-2005, 04:40 AM
we should get married. & light up many, many cigarettes in t_o_m's name. cheers t_o_m!

<3

Hahaha, totally.

"For every cigarette you don't smoke, I'm going to smoke three."

the_offsprings_monkey
11-06-2005, 04:43 AM
Haha, I wouldn't meet you anyway. But I know if I did I'd take great pleasure in watching your face when I offer your girl one.
You wouldn't get the chance to, you'd be out cold before you even got half a fag outta the pack. :rolleyes:

Sin Studly
11-06-2005, 04:45 AM
Calm down, Chuck Norris.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-06-2005, 04:47 AM
Calm down, Chuck Norris.
I ain't in a mood.

JoY
11-06-2005, 04:48 AM
& what happened to the person that ever made your self-esteem as low as it is? because I don't think I've ever seen such significant damage done to anyone's mental health.

I wouldn't blow smoke in your face, seeing I don't do that to anyone. why not? because I have morals & values & it's simply rude. (plus, I can't fucking stand the whining it brings on) you should try having those & kick the habbit of being rude. really.

oh, & if you'd ever try to punch me/"knock me right out", I'd definitely punch back without a second thought. & believe Per, I can hand out a great punch.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-06-2005, 04:49 AM
You wouldn't get the chance to, you'd be out cold before you even got half a fag outta the pack. :rolleyes:

Teh reform3d smoker is h4rdc0r3.

Just understand, son. You can't force people to quit smoking, and you'll never have the power to. So give it up. If you love your girl that much you should stop badgering her and eventually she'll see.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-06-2005, 04:52 AM
& what happened to the person that ever made your self-esteem as low as it is? because I don't think I've ever seen such significant damage done to anyone's mental health.

I wouldn't blow smoke in your face, seeing I don't do that to anyone. why not? because I have morals & values & it's simply rude. (plus, I can't fucking stand the whining it brings on) you should try having those & kick the habbit of being rude. really.

oh, & if you'd ever try to punch me/"knock me right out", I'd definitely punch back without a second thought. & believe Per, I can hand out a great punch.
a) I only punched that guy cause he knew I gave up an was trying to piss me off
b) I wouldn't hit a female.

Sin Studly
11-06-2005, 04:53 AM
Motherfuckin Charlie Bronsan.

JoY
11-06-2005, 04:57 AM
a) I only punched that guy cause he knew I gave up an was trying to piss me off
b) I wouldn't hit a female.
a) makes it slightly more understandable, but still fucking uncalled for.
b) do you, or don't you have manners? basing on point a), I'd say you don't. so don't start pretending now.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-06-2005, 04:57 AM
Teh reform3d smoker is h4rdc0r3.

Just understand, son. You can't force people to quit smoking, and you'll never have the power to. So give it up. If you love your girl that much you should stop badgering her and eventually she'll see.
I ain't told her to give up, not once, I've told her I hate it an thats about it.

memento
11-06-2005, 04:59 AM
Bella, ok I agree with me I could go elsewhere it's a free chioce. Not entirely free but free. But what about people who work in bars? What choice do they have? They don't have a choice. They earn money to make a living, bar work is the only work they'll get etc. they are the ones under the danger because they're exposed to it for hours daily. You can't tell me a ban woudln't benefit their health.

Vera
11-06-2005, 05:00 AM
And yes I'm aware that makes me sound stupid.
You have no fucking idea.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-06-2005, 05:01 AM
I ain't told her to give up, not once, I've told her I hate it an thats about it.

You say you keep hinting. Whether you hint or say it outright makes no difference.

And memento, when people work in bars, obviously they're behind the bar. Not much smoke gets behind there. And most new bars now have ventilation set in behind the bar to protect the staff. I know my place does.

JoY
11-06-2005, 05:04 AM
Bella, ok I agree with me I could go elsewhere it's a free chioce. Not entirely free but free. But what about people who work in bars? What choice do they have? They don't have a choice. They earn money to make a living, bar work is the only work they'll get etc. they are the ones under the danger because they're exposed to it for hours daily. You can't tell me a ban woudln't benefit their health.
if you can get a job in a bar, you can get a job in a restaurant, hotel & anywhere else, where they serve food & drinks. plus, there -are- non-smoking bars. plus, there are ventilators these days. & I don't know one barman, that doesn't smoke himself.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-06-2005, 05:06 AM
a) makes it slightly more understandable, but still fucking uncalled for.
Not when he had been doing it for like an hour and was doing anything he could to wind me up, even offerd me a cigarettes.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-06-2005, 05:08 AM
& I don't know one barman, that doesn't smoke himself.

Heh, another good point. At my place almost everyone smokes, and the ones who don't, don't care in the slightest.

JoY
11-06-2005, 05:08 AM
Not when he had been doing it for like an hour and was doing anything he could to wind me up, even offerd me a cigarettes.
you could've asked him to stop in a polite, friendly way. you could've asked him to stop in a persisting, convincing way. you could've stood up & replace your butt elsewhere. you could've done lots of things, besides reacting agressively. that you've got to admit.

JoY
11-06-2005, 05:10 AM
Heh, another good point. At my place almost everyone smokes, and the ones who don't, don't care in the slightest.
but I do think it's incredibly sweet that Dush is standing up for the rights of the barman.
Barman Liberation Front in action!

aw. <3

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-06-2005, 05:11 AM
but I do think it's incredibly sweet that Dush is standing up for the rights of the barman.
Barman Liberation Front in action!

aw. <3

I can't think of a single demographic or occupation that Dush wouldn't stand up for. It's cute.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-06-2005, 05:20 AM
you could've asked him to stop in a polite, friendly way. you could've asked him to stop in a persisting, convincing way. you could've stood up & replace your butt elsewhere. you could've done lots of things, besides reacting agressively. that you've got to admit.
I did tell him like 1000 times.

Vera
11-06-2005, 05:23 AM
I can't think of a single demographic or occupation that Dush wouldn't stand up for. It's cute.
Women. Indians.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-06-2005, 05:24 AM
Women. Indians.

And women indians.

memento
11-06-2005, 05:47 AM
if you can get a job in a bar, you can get a job in a restaurant, hotel & anywhere else, where they serve food & drinks. plus, there -are- non-smoking bars. plus, there are ventilators these days. & I don't know one barman, that doesn't smoke himself.

I do! And that argument is silly because someone is gonna have staff the bars. Bar work is what most students do because it's so easy to get. But I'm not concerned with transisant students who do it part tiem. I'm concerned for the proper workers who work behind bars for many many years.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-06-2005, 05:49 AM
Did I not just mention ventilators?

memento
11-06-2005, 05:49 AM
And memento, when people work in bars, obviously they're behind the bar. Not much smoke gets behind there. And most new bars now have ventilation set in behind the bar to protect the staff. I know my place does.

Good to hear then, they should make that compulsory. But what about the glass colletors? And I haven't worked behind a bar but I know people who do work complain about smoke to me and one girl I know even quit cause of it.

memento
11-06-2005, 05:50 AM
Women. Indians.

Hey I protect women, maybe not with my rhetoric but I'd defend any woman!

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-06-2005, 05:51 AM
Glass collectors don't work that often.

And the fact still remains that there's not enough smoke in bars to cause really significant damage.

memento
11-06-2005, 05:52 AM
As I said for every claim you make there's a paper that claims otherwise:
http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn4998

And the precautionary principle I keep going on about is entirely relevant because of evidence like this.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-06-2005, 05:56 AM
'Kay, I read that. It says it calculated deaths in relation to people who were exposed to smoke at work - but it still doesn't take any other factors into account. What about their general health? I think you'll find as a rule most barstaff don't eat particularly healthily. And cancer can come from all kinds of thing - food, pollution, even hereditary. I'm sorry, but I don't buy that.

Italia311
11-06-2005, 08:09 AM
like I've said before; smoking doesn't cause lungcancer. it increases the fucking risk. & with riskfactors combined, the risk might get so high, you MIGHT eventually get it. 15-20 % of all extremely frequent smokers that have been smoking for a very long time get lungcancer. so when you lit up a cigarette, you don't automatically have a gigantic ball of overdeviding cells in your lungtissue.

Yeah alright, I understand that.

I'm not an expert on the subject, but I think we all know its unhealthy.

Cigarettes being banned in bars? Good. I don't smell like an ash tray anymore, and have to breath that shit in.

The_Hombre
11-06-2005, 09:26 AM
Wow, looks like everyone chimed in their two cents on this one, and then some. I left this thread about 12 hours ago on page 13. These are my favourite quotes since then. Letís go through them one by one shall we?

When are you going to take the hint I don't give a shit about what you have to say?

TOM, you started this thread about smoking. You are going to have to accept peopleís opinions and you canít run away from them. Remember what I said about intelligent people understand both sides of the argument but only siding with one? You seem to side with one (very strongly), but it seems to me you are always on the defence and not even attempting to understand other's views.

Iím glad someone else thinks this. I have only blown smoke in two peopleís faces before, and two seconds later they were on the floor. I only blow smoke in the faces of the people I dislike. You are a different case. I donít dislike you, I just think you have a very clouded judgement. I would blow smoke in your face just out of pure spite, youíre so fucking indignant.

Ah, second hand smoke. The ultimate argument of people who donít know what they are talking about.

TOM, you are arguing your case against someone who has a full reference of medicine in her head (on this subject, at least), and at least three other smokers. Three informed adults who can make choices based on the information they have been given, who know the dangers it can pose. As JOY said, this is human. We do things that are bad for us all the time. We drive cars, we eat fast food, we breathe in air filled with carbon dioxide and other poisonous gasses.

This sounds familiar, doesnít it Ashley? This proves I am not alone in thinking this Ė if you force your girl to quit smoking she might very well end up leaving you because you are pressuring her. Unless she has such a low self esteem that she doesnít want to. If she has, do not take advantage of it.

There are two explanations for this.

1) He was drunk
2) You were pestering him about the dangers of smoking.

If it was the former, ignore what I am about to say. If it wasnít, heed this advice:

People do not like being told what to do with their own bodies. This is especially true with cigarettes. They have heard it all before and are sick of it. Do you really care that much about smoking that you are prepared to put yourself in harmís way in order to prove a fucking point? A point that you will never be able to successfully put across?

What he said.

willtodeath
11-06-2005, 12:55 PM
As Bill Hicks once said,'I'd quit smoking if i wasn't worried i'd become one of you.(he was reffering to non-smokers, for all the kiddies out there)

Smoking, is bad i know it, you know it. Hell the world knows it. But its also somthing alot of people do, myself included. I cant stand people who say shit like, why dont you quit, its so fuckin disgusting etc. Maybe your right, but its a fact that if i sunbathe in 'moderatly sunny' weather, im more likly to die from cancer, than a year of smoking between 10-20 a day.
but im gonna stop arguing that cause, cuz i think 90% of this bbs' are to young to know what fuckin cigerettes are anyway, judging by past topics/current topics that would seem to be the case. tara im off for a smoke an a pancake!
________
Design host (http://hostndesign.com)

crazy_offspring_gal
11-06-2005, 01:38 PM
After what has just happend, I really need one. MY rabbit has just died an i was REALLY attached to her, and she was only a year old. so personly im really not in the mood. and i NEED one. if i die younger.. so be it.

crazy_offspring_gal
11-06-2005, 01:40 PM
Ooh yea, anyone smoked the bible before?

T-6005
11-06-2005, 01:50 PM
No idea what that means. But your boyfriend's a dumbass from what I've read of this thread. He's got an ego the size of TUNB's left nut and can't take being proven wrong - something which makes him resort to the extremely mature "LALALAL I CANT HEAR YOU!"

the_offsprings_monkey
11-06-2005, 02:08 PM
No idea what that means. But your boyfriend's a dumbass from what I've read of this thread. He's got an ego the size of TUNB's left nut and can't take being proven wrong - something which makes him resort to the extremely mature "LALALAL I CANT HEAR YOU!"
Umm I was just trying to say it can damage our lungs aswell, and I'm right ok, so lets end this now.

memento
11-06-2005, 02:14 PM
After what has just happend, I really need one. MY rabbit has just died an i was REALLY attached to her, and she was only a year old. so personly im really not in the mood. and i NEED one. if i die younger.. so be it.

Oh man, you're totally gonna die now cause of one fag.

JoY
11-06-2005, 02:39 PM
hahaha, you couldn't have described it better.

crazy_offspring_gal
11-06-2005, 02:40 PM
Oh man, you're totally gonna die now cause of one fag.
OOH NOEZ!!11!1 im going to die because one stoopid little fag!!11!!1

the_offsprings_monkey
11-06-2005, 02:43 PM
hahaha, you couldn't have described it better.
Oh no, thats just like a huge kick to my ego, people don't like me on a message bored. Oh well, I'll go cry in my mates ares.

JoY
11-06-2005, 02:44 PM
Oh no, thats just like a huge kick to my ego, people don't like me on a message bored. Oh well, I'll go cry in my mates ares.
what? are you really that insecure, that you make this out of my post? & reply so desperately?? hahahaha.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-06-2005, 02:45 PM
what? are you really that insecure, that you make this out of my post? & reply so desperately?? hahahaha.
No I reply because I can, and because I'm bored and just love seeing you reply.

The_Hombre
11-06-2005, 07:10 PM

Cigarettes help you through the bad times too, and it can really steady your nerves, just as in the same way weed gets you stoned (well, not exactly the same way, I think).

Everyone against your argument have posted constructive arguments and even backed it up with medical fact in some cases. Some have also highlighted the bad points of smoking. We all know the dangers. If you don't think walking around a town or city all day isn't going to affect your lungs, you have some justification for your pitiful little posts, and you definetly do not deserve to argue against the main point unless you know about the pros of smoking as well as the cons.

Shut the fuck up and get back to school. Wanker.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-06-2005, 07:11 PM
Cigarettes help you through the bad times too, and it can really steady your nerves, just as in the same way weed gets you stoned (well, not exactly the same way, I think).

Everyone against your argument have posted constructive arguments and even backed it up with medical fact in some cases. Some have also highlighted the bad points of smoking. We all know the dangers. If you don't think walking around a town or city all day isn't going to affect your lungs, you have some justification for your pitiful little posts, and you definetly do not deserve to argue against the main point unless you know about the pros of smoking as well as the cons.

Shut the fuck up and get back to school. Wanker.
Why did you call her a wanker?

The_Hombre
11-06-2005, 07:13 PM
Why did you call her a wanker?

Ever since this thread started I have been defending your girlfriend, saying she can smoke. Unlike you.

That bit of the post was aimed at you, peen arse.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-06-2005, 07:14 PM
Ever since this thread started I have been defending your girlfriend, saying she can smoke. Unlike you.

That bit of the post was aimed at you, peen arse.
Then why quote her and make it look like you're talking to her?

The_Hombre
11-06-2005, 07:17 PM
Then why quote her and make it look like you're talking to her?

You're too predictable mate. Construct a proper argument about why I shouldn't smoke and if it looks worthy of my attention I shall read it and perhaps reply.

Until then, you're not worth my time.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-06-2005, 07:19 PM
You're too predictable mate. Construct a proper argument about why I shouldn't smoke and if it looks worthy of my attention I shall read it and perhaps reply.

Until then, you're not worth my time.
As much as I would love to I have to be honest I can't convince you to give up smoking, I know how hard it is to give up.

The_Hombre
11-06-2005, 07:44 PM
As much as I would love to I have to be honest I can't convince you to give up smoking

Now did that really take 25 pages of people pwning you? When did you finally realise?

the_offsprings_monkey
11-06-2005, 07:53 PM
Now did that really take 25 pages of people pwning you? When did you finally realise?
Umm I realized from the start it's just fun to see a bunch of smokers defending there precious nicotine.

The_Hombre
11-06-2005, 08:02 PM
Umm I realized from the start it's just fun to see a bunch of smokers defending there precious nicotine.

Of course you did.

0r4ng3
11-06-2005, 08:03 PM
Hello folks, and welcome to another adition of "Ye Olde Cop Out".

the_offsprings_monkey
11-06-2005, 08:03 PM
Of course you did.
Yep just like I'm enjoying the way you can't resist replying, please do carry on smoker. BTW how do your lungs feel?