PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Cab Experiences?

wheelchairman
11-05-2005, 07:56 AM
So yesterday. I took a cab.

The driver seemed pretty friendly at first. He was definitely not Danish, I'd guess some kind of Eastern European, since he said something in some language and then yelled "fucking albaner mand would be the equivalent of saying in English, 'those fucking Albanians')" to some Albanians (I assume.)

Then he turns to me and says "Do you like loud music?". I just said yes. And he turns some techno up REALLY loud. I almost laughed, because it was the weirdest/cutest thing to see this guy sort of drive/dance down the streets of Copenhagen in his cab, to TECHNO music. I just smiled and moved my hand with the beat, so that he wouldn't think I was annoyed or anything, even though I did have a headache.

Then when the song stops he turns it down and asks me "That's a great song isn't it". I don't like techno, but I was so amused that I just said "of course."

I got off at the post office (I do some volunteer work, which requires me to take a lot of bags to the post office Commercial drop off each week.) made the delivery. And then walked to the station laughing. Even though my head paid the consequences for my amusement.

the_GoDdEsS
11-05-2005, 08:16 AM
Haha, cute story.

Some bus drivers in Southern Slovakia crack me up. A few weeks back we were in a traffic jam with lots of trucks and foreign cars. And the bus driver knew he was late and goes like "Fucking stupid goddamn German!", "Filthy disgusting Turk, get the fuck out of MY way!", "Away with you, you fucking fuck!", "Cunt, move on!".

And the whole bus heard it. It was pretty hilarious. I couldn't help but crack up at all of them. It lasted about 15 minutes. Every few seconds a new one. Yeah, I heard the local folks call him 'The Bull'. He drives like an insane.

wheelchairman
11-05-2005, 08:21 AM
The bull? haha. That's great.

We could use a bus driver like that here. :(

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-05-2005, 08:51 AM
Cab drivers here are dull. The only remotely interesting thing that ever happened to me was the driver and I seriously discussing the positive applications for mowing down pedestrians with the cab.

The_Hombre
11-05-2005, 08:55 AM
Cab drivers here are dull. The only remotely interesting thing that ever happened to me was the driver and I seriously discussing the positive applications for mowing down pedestrians with the cab.

"Where to, mate?" seems to be the limit of the cab driver's conversation in the North.

And I speak for everybody in the north of England. Because I'm the only one here!!!! mwahaha

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-05-2005, 08:56 AM
That's because the North is scary and anything else could be construed as attempted murder.

platinumpt
11-05-2005, 08:59 AM
HAHA yeah, great story man.

Well, humm, nothing special usually happens to me when I'm on a cab.... though there was this one time, some years ago, that I was so sickly drunk that I puked all over the cab's back seat in which I was in. I can barely remember that the cabdriver stopped, and cleaned up the mess, and yelling at me during the process. I can't remember anything else... I think I kept apologyzing, for the mess I've done. It was really horrible...

The_Hombre
11-05-2005, 09:01 AM
I've been to Newcastle a few times, on nights out. Now that's scary. Try having a conversation with a Geordie when you're drunk and not from Newcastle. It's quite amusing. We started off talking about cars and ended up talking about fish. And that was only a two minute conversation, as I recall.

dalaksta
11-05-2005, 06:29 PM
funny
techno eihh?
how was the driver dansing?

The_Hombre
11-05-2005, 06:32 PM
funny
techno eihh?
how was the driver dansing?

now THAT'S funny.

unless you meant it.

in which case it's just sad.

Izie
11-06-2005, 01:16 AM
Ahahahaha brilliant!

Hmmm, some experiences...

Once my friends and I (3 guys and I, them looking like hobos and me looking like a fancy little bitch) took a cab from the outskirts of the city (don't even ask how/why we got there) at 4am. He must have thought we were drunk/high, as we were all giggling uncontrollably, but as we got in we suddenly felt the urge to discuss Serbian/Russian classic literature + the history of the 20th century and sociology in general (they all study sociology). The guy stared at us and was SO weirded out he kept staring at us through the mirror haha. But that's what WE did, not what a cab driver did.

Hmmm, our bus drivers always curse and yell and play the WORST music in the world. Which reminds me, I'm NEVER taking the bus to the airport without some normal music again. Fucking hell I laughed for 30 mins. It was this old serbian godawful folk and the driver was singing along, and I was DYING. I'm evil.

Some random cab drivers just talk about the random stupid shit, but nothing that hilarious. These two were the best recently.

Mota Boy
11-06-2005, 01:27 AM
Heh, one of the most memorable quotes I ever heard was by a local cabbie I chatted up early one morning, after I asked him if he had any crazy cabbie stories - "Maaan, it comes and goes. Sometimes you'll go six months and not do anything, then you'll get laid twice in one day."

I also once had a really good chat with this guy that did cabs at night and ran a youth motivational service by day. He said that the late-night cab rides were always the most interesting, since the midday crowd was almost all stuffy businessmen (this was in a relatively small town though - 60,000 people or so).

Oh man! And also there was the conversation I had with this cab driver in New Orleans, on how he got 20 speeding tickets a year, but always got them cleaned up because he knew a local lawyer with connections. He had gone to med school at LSU but never got around to graduating. Man, I loved that city.

But nothing trumps this one guy I know, who claims that he was taking a cab in Central America when, at a red light, the cab driver dipped his head down and did a line of coke.