PDA

View Full Version : I don't need anybody

GreenTerror
11-05-2005, 05:49 PM
I was going to go out with some friends tonight, but my parents decided to be gay. I was bored for a while, then decided to reheat some leftover pizza in the oven and get a big cup and see if I could fit 2 Pepsis and some ice in it. I did it. I have Windows media player on shuffle, I'm home alone, and this pizza is THE shit.

coke_a_holic
11-05-2005, 05:53 PM
Welcome to my weekend paradise: Lot's of caffeine, reheated food, and loud music. Only differences are that I drink Coke and I occasionally use Launchcast instead of WMP.

GreenTerror
11-05-2005, 05:55 PM
Yeah, this is cool. I need to do this more often.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
11-05-2005, 05:57 PM
What type of pizza is it...?

punker
11-05-2005, 05:57 PM
Yeah, this is cool. I need to do this more often.

what? this is so boring, i got nothing to do tonight so im doing something similar

Conspiracy of One
11-05-2005, 05:58 PM
It must be crappy pizza, because none of you live in chicago. Chicago pizza pwnz all other pizza.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
11-05-2005, 06:01 PM
California "Lubbeys" Pizza kicks ass. Best pizza ever.

GreenTerror
11-05-2005, 06:02 PM
It's Peter Piper pizza. We went there after we went to the fair last night. My little brother called this little bitch ugly when he went to wash his hands. She was being rude, she deserved it. It was true too.

GreenTerror
11-05-2005, 06:03 PM
I think the pizza from little family owned places are way better than other places.

T-6005
11-05-2005, 06:04 PM
I'm going to play drinking games. To each their own.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
11-05-2005, 06:04 PM
It's Peter Piper pizza. We went there after we went to the fair last night. My little brother called this little bitch ugly when he went to wash his hands. She was being rude, she deserved it. It was true too.

And? I call fat people fat. It's fun.

dalaksta
11-05-2005, 06:05 PM
hey i would rather do that anything with people from my school, their parents are really paraniod about that kind of stuff and go with them, they don't let em go alone

stupid over-protectiveness

The_Hombre
11-05-2005, 06:06 PM
It's a horrible stigma that you have to go out on Friday/Saturday night otherwise you're labelled as uncool or unpopular or whatever. Fuck it, life is far too short to think about what other people might or might not be thinking about you. You should never go out just because it is an unwritten rule that you have to.

At least that's the impression I got from your post. There are plenty of things you can do to enjoy yourself on your own, apart from the obvious. But sitting at home wanking all day is kinda sad. Yeah, stick a vid on and get some beers in, some food, you're all set :)

Amanda
11-05-2005, 06:06 PM
I can't stay home on weekends, i get claustrophobic lol. And now im hungry for pizza...

That_Guy91
11-05-2005, 06:16 PM
I was going to go out with some friends tonight, but my parents decided to be gay. I was bored for a while, then decided to reheat some leftover pizza in the oven and get a big cup and see if I could fit 2 Pepsis and some ice in it. I did it. I have Windows media player on shuffle, I'm home alone, and this pizza is THE shit.
that sounds like what i did a few weeks ago. i ended up drinking a whole 2 liter bottle of pepsi while listening to the Descendents until 3 in the morning.

GreenTerror
11-05-2005, 06:16 PM
It's a horrible stigma that you have to go out on Friday/Saturday night otherwise you're labelled as uncool or unpopular or whatever. Fuck it, life is far too short to think about what other people might or might not be thinking about you. You should never go out just because it is an unwritten rule that you have to.

At least that's the impression I got from your post. There are plenty of things you can do to enjoy yourself on your own, apart from the obvious. But sitting at home wanking all day is kinda sad. Yeah, stick a vid on and get some beers in, some food, you're all set :)
I usually do stay home on the weekends, unless I get to go to a show or something, which I would be doing right now if I had money.

GreenTerror
11-05-2005, 06:19 PM
that sounds like what i did a few weeks ago. i ended up drinking a whole 2 liter bottle of pepsi while listening to the Descendents until 3 in the morning.
That's the coolest thing. (my media player just started playing M-16 when I started typing this. that's crazy)
That's another thing, I'm still on this crappy sleeping patter where I don't go to sleep until 3:00Am and I don't wake up until 3:00PM. It woulden't be that bad If I didn't have to wake up for school. I think that's why I only went to school 2 days out of the whole week :/

0r4ng3
11-05-2005, 10:00 PM
My sleeping pattern is more fucked up. I go to sleep at 3am and wake up at 8am. Even when I don't want to.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-05-2005, 10:13 PM
I sleep 12 hours then stay up for 24 hours. mine is well fucked.

lenar
11-05-2005, 10:25 PM
I could go for some pizza and coke right now.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-05-2005, 10:31 PM
I could go for some pizza and coke right now.
Good for you.

Jebus
11-05-2005, 10:32 PM
The closest pizza restaurants are pizza hut and dominos. They both suck...

As for sleeping, I get about 3 hours each day in the weekdays and try to make up for it in the weekends by sleeping through half the day.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-05-2005, 10:34 PM
I wish we never had to sleep cause we spend like a 1/3 of out lifes sleeping, but I guess we would just get bored.

the_GoDdEsS
11-05-2005, 10:35 PM
I don't know when or why it happened but I realised I don't need my friends.

JohnnyNemesis
11-05-2005, 10:37 PM
While I admire all of you who shake off societal assumptions of coolness by not feeling the need to go out on Fridays and Saturdays just to prove your self-worth, I still have to say YEESH, get a goddamn life!

Seriously, I admire you all for not going out because you "have" to, but fuck, you really should be social when you get the chance. Make friends, and realize that, as horribly corny as this is, it's true: lotsa people can be really fascinating, really fuckin' cool, and just fun to hang out with. And those people probably DO feel the need to prove their self-worth by hanging out on Fridays and Saturdays, so you should probably just join them. Not to prove anything, but to have some fun. Not that you NEED them, but you should have 'em.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-05-2005, 10:39 PM
For some reason I can get into clubs, I don't even think I look 18.

GreenTerror
11-05-2005, 10:44 PM
The closest pizza restaurants are pizza hut and dominos. They both suck...

As for sleeping, I get about 3 hours each day in the weekdays and try to make up for it in the weekends by sleeping through half the day.
I like pizza hut, but like I said, little places are better.

coke_a_holic
11-05-2005, 10:45 PM
I know this sounds really lame, but I don't really have many friends, nonetheless ones that want to go do things. A majority of my friends have girl/boyfriends that they'd much rather hang out with than me, so I usually find myself at home killing time every day.

A big problem is that a few of my (for lack of a better word) better friends are a lot more social than me, and have friends that they are closer to. So I usually end up low on the list of the people that are highest on my list. It's a little depressing to find out that while I was waiting for one of my friends to get home, he was out having fun. But I've pretty much grown out of the "omg my friendz dun liek me ne more!@!!!1" phase, so I've find ways to pass the time other than drowning in self-pity.

GreenTerror
11-05-2005, 10:49 PM
I'd hang out with you. After I kill you for liking Coke. So I'd be chillin' with your corpse. Ok, nevermind, that's creepy.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-05-2005, 10:50 PM
I'd hang out with you. After I kill you for liking Coke. So I'd be chillin' with your corpse. Ok, nevermind, that's creepy.
pepsi pwns coke.

.:SMASH:.
11-05-2005, 10:51 PM
pepsi pwns coke.
i used to think that

coke_a_holic
11-05-2005, 10:52 PM
I disagree, but Pepsi is my first choice when I'm in a restaurant that serves it (as opposed to serving coke), so whatever. I've said it once and I'll say it again: my username was the result of the inability to pick a good username, so I settled for less.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-05-2005, 10:53 PM
i used to think that
you should still think that.

GreenTerror
11-05-2005, 10:55 PM
I disagree, but Pepsi is my first choice when I'm in a restaurant that serves it (as opposed to serving coke), so whatever. I've said it once and I'll say it again: my username was the result of the inability to pick a good username, so I settled for less.
You know what? I don't even drink coke. Like, at all. I'm not joking. I drink Dr. Pepper if I have to. And Dr. Pepper is icky.

JohnnyNemesis
11-05-2005, 10:58 PM
Don't worry Mike. When I was your age I was the same way my friends. I just hope that you all heed my earlier advice at some point.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-05-2005, 11:04 PM
I fell out with my most of my mates cause they was bullying my token idiot.

GreenTerror
11-05-2005, 11:09 PM
What?

the_offsprings_monkey
11-05-2005, 11:10 PM
well I sometimes hang out with this guy from my year in college who aint got many friends and has somethink a lil wrong in the head, so like he is very very gulable (my spelling sucks) and they made him sing and they made a website about it.

Mota Boy
11-05-2005, 11:11 PM
Yeah, I'm staying in tonight for the first time, other than last night... I think this year. Only I've had alcohol instead of caffeine (a bit less than three drinks worth, enough to give me a good buzz) and am watching old SNL at the moment (it's eerie how much Tom Hanks resembles my dad at certain angles). Think I'll switch to making my way through season two of Arrested Development in a bit. It feels nice to stay in on a weekend for once, though I did hang out with friends on Thursday and will again on Monday.

I guess I might if cheated by heading out earlier tonight to see "Good Night, Good Luck" with a friend and then going to Chile's, but I think this counts.

Also, Mike - the trick is to think up things to do. Call up friends and say "Hey, you want to go do x?" (Remember to replace "x" with something interesting and entertaining to do instead of just saying "x". I didn't learn that until after I'd accidentally invited all my friends over to a rave. Boy was MY face red!)

GreenTerror
11-05-2005, 11:14 PM
well I sometimes hang out with this guy from my year in college who aint got many friends and has somethink a lil wrong in the head, so like he is very very gulable (my spelling sucks) and they made him sing and they made a website about it.
That's not very nice.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-05-2005, 11:17 PM
I know .

GreenTerror
11-05-2005, 11:32 PM
Yeah, I'm staying in tonight for the first time, other than last night... I think this year. Only I've had alcohol instead of caffeine (a bit less than three drinks worth, enough to give me a good buzz) and am watching old SNL at the moment (it's eerie how much Tom Hanks resembles my dad at certain angles). Think I'll switch to making my way through season two of Arrested Development in a bit. It feels nice to stay in on a weekend for once, though I did hang out with friends on Thursday and will again on Monday.

I personally like Mad TV better than SNL

the_offsprings_monkey
11-05-2005, 11:34 PM
Im So Bored Right Now.

T-6005
11-06-2005, 12:01 AM
I'm... tall?

GreenTerror
11-06-2005, 12:01 AM
Dammit, now I'm bored.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-06-2005, 12:02 AM
Well I'm so bored I'm taking random photos of my body.

lenar
So am I but I am sort of working on a story.

the_offsprings_monkey
I'm taking photos of my body and writing a rap song.

T-6005
11-06-2005, 12:04 AM
I'm so bored I'm on this BBS. So what else is new?

the_offsprings_monkey
11-06-2005, 12:06 AM
I'm so bored I'm listening to my KT tunstall album.

T-6005
11-06-2005, 12:12 AM
My friend currently going to Uni in England like KT Tunstall - and he occasionally gets so embarrassed by the fact that he won't admit to it.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-06-2005, 12:13 AM
I admit I like her music, but I have to say Jem is much better.

T-6005
11-06-2005, 12:16 AM
I'm not personally familiar with it.

Mota Boy
11-06-2005, 12:37 AM
I personally like Mad TV better than SNL
Now that's a cry for help if I've ever heard one.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-06-2005, 12:38 AM
Now that's a cry for help if I've ever heard one.idk what the hell shes talking about.

Homer
11-06-2005, 12:51 AM
Now that's a cry for help if I've ever heard one.

Hey now. Mad TV can kick SNL's ass anyday.

Anyways, I sort of find myself in the same situation as many others here. Well, only the part of having friends that are 'popular'. I mean, I COULD hang out with them if I wanted to, but I find them to be all the same and all obsessed with country (yes, I said COUNTRY). But, the difference is that I have friends that aren't really popular, and yet I still find myself hanging out with them a lot. Personally, I don't give a fuck about where my social status lies, but it does get kinda depressing when you find out all the idiots are the popular ones.

This also brings me to another point, how is it possible to hate a friend? I mean, can we really call someone we hate a friend?

GreenTerror
11-06-2005, 01:12 AM
Well, you could dislike them alot, but not want to tell them for the sake of their feelings, but if you hate someone, you certainly woulden't be their friend.

memento
11-06-2005, 01:20 AM
Green Terror, sometimes it's just cool hanging out by yourself. I like to get drunk and watch hockey, chat on MSN. Most times it's alot more fun than going out to a club.

GreenTerror
11-06-2005, 01:36 AM
I was kinda glad I got the night to myself. Because usually, there's like tons of people over here being all loud and drunk, and I don't drink, so it can be annoying sometimes, and quite amusing other times. Or, I'm getting suffocated at a show, and I get all sore the next day :/ but it's usually worth it. I needed a break from my hardcore lifestyle though. :rolleyes:

the_offsprings_monkey
11-06-2005, 01:39 AM
Meh My life rulez.

Nicole
11-06-2005, 01:50 AM
Sounds like you guys had a better night "off" than me. I discovered I have about 6 assignments due over the next 2 weeks and studied all night and again all day. Then again friday night I did go out and sat in a corner wanting to go home because certain people at my table at the pub wouldn't shut up about heroin and other assorted drugs.

GreenTerror
11-06-2005, 02:05 AM
Wow, that sucks. Drugs are gay. You'd better get crackin' on that Homework, young lady!

JohnnyNemesis
11-06-2005, 08:56 AM
Mad TV is incredibly unfunny, and I honestly wish it never existed.

0r4ng3
11-06-2005, 08:58 AM
Unfortunately, SNL is almost as bad nowadays.

Kerr
11-06-2005, 09:46 AM
Seriously, I admire you all for not going out because you "have" to, but fuck, you really should be social when you get the chance. Make friends, and realize that, as horribly corny as this is, it's true: lotsa people can be really fascinating, really fuckin' cool, and just fun to hang out with. And those people probably DO feel the need to prove their self-worth by hanging out on Fridays and Saturdays, so you should probably just join them. Not to prove anything, but to have some fun. Not that you NEED them, but you should have 'em.
Yeah, I see what you mean. Only recently I have been going out drinking at the local Loughborough University SU with my mates - other than that, I don't have much of a social life. But it really does make you feel good - you meet up and talk / mosh / get pissed with people in the same year as you who you see around school, but don't acually hang around with, or actually no longer go to your school. Some left last year and I have seen them at the SU. Having a great time with them really does make you feel great.

But... I do love spending time on my own too. I have been doing it too much and I have wanted to go out, but I don't want to be too dependant on my mates. I find I do have some fun doing things by myself too. I don't need your friends all the time, but to go out with them from time to time makes you feel better, especially as I get fed up when I am on my own for too long.

Duracell
11-06-2005, 10:10 AM
But... I do love spending time on my own too. I have been doing it too much and I have wanted to go out, but I don't want to be too dependant on my mates. I find I do have some fun doing things by myself too. I don't need your friends all the time, but to go out with them from time to time makes you feel better, especially as I get fed up when I am on my own for too long.

that sounds a lot like me. I like spending time on my own a little too much though. Like, I'll be hanging out with friends and we'll be having a good time in all, but I'll leave early so I can have enough time to spend on my own. Its sad, a lot of the time I'd rather be by myself, not that I don't have fun with my friends, but I just enjoy being alone.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-06-2005, 10:11 AM
Hey, I'm like that too. Having friends is nice but sometimes it's just nice to be on your own.

Kerr
11-06-2005, 10:11 AM
Yeah, a lot of what I do is done on my own. I do need to get out every now and then though, otherwise I just end up feeling down. You do need a bit of a social life too, it's good to have one.