PDA

View Full Version : What DO You DO?

Hulk
11-10-2005, 09:39 AM
WHat do you peple do besides post on OffSprings message board? Jobs? Hobbies? Couch potato? Computer geek? Pimp?

I try to carv at least one SKULL RING (http://tonycreed.com/skull.html) a day.

What do you do besides breathe?

sKratch
11-10-2005, 09:47 AM
I try to plug my small business by hiding it in an invitation for conversation. I guess it's not a completely shameless plug though...

the_offsprings_monkey
11-10-2005, 09:49 AM
I work, do college, and spend time with friends and my girl.

Liesbeth
11-10-2005, 09:52 AM
Well, I go to school (Science-math), i listen to a lot of music, i play the guitar, read a lot, play squash, during weekends i work on a farm, i'm obsessed with rollercoasters, ...

icklebabygremlin
11-10-2005, 09:53 AM
[QUOTE=Hulk]I try to carv at least one SKULL RING (http://tonycreed.com/skull.html) a day.

those rings are pretty sweet did u make them?

Endymion
11-10-2005, 09:59 AM
i'm a full time student majoring in physics and computer science, minoring in mathematics. currently i work in an electrical engineering lab on a wireless mesh network project and a maglev train project. i'm probably going to switch to working in a physics lab on superconductivity research under a department of defence/us airforce grant.

i also go to a lot of shows, hang out with friends rather often. i enjoy reading modern literature. i also like learning new programming languages. currently i'm working on learning haskell.

i watch a lot of dvds (often television shows) too.

sKratch
11-10-2005, 10:33 AM
If I reseach superfluidity and we have babies, will they show quantum effects on the macroscopic scale?

Sunny
11-10-2005, 10:38 AM
i'm a full time graphic design and advertising student. i work freelance as a graphic desiger/art director/illustrator/photographer/whatever else. i model occassionally. i also dance, go downhill mountain biking and practice yoga every once in a while. and a big chunk of my spare time is spent cuddling with my husband, which is the best thing ever. ;p

wheelchairman
11-10-2005, 10:46 AM
ewwww PMA's.*

*Public Mentioning of Affection.

Sunny
11-10-2005, 10:47 AM
aw hush! ;z

Punky Dudess
11-10-2005, 10:48 AM
School work, Volleyball, TV, computers, bitching, calling people, etc.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-10-2005, 10:48 AM
I'm a full-time college student studying A-levels in History, Psychology and English Language/Literature, hoping to go on to study Military History for a Masters.

When I'm not in college, I hang out with friends, post on here, read, or play strategy games. I enjoy reading political literature but I'm always partial to a bit of comedy. Oh yeah, and I'm a standup comedy fanatic.

Conspiracy of One
11-10-2005, 10:49 AM
Of course school and guitar. I play videogames and watch T.V alot too.

ruroken
11-10-2005, 10:50 AM
Of course school and guitar. I play videogames and watch T.V alot too.
Same. Except I'm almost ALWAYS on Video games, guitar, or computer. Around the end of seventh grade, I decided that 'friends' were a school thing.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-10-2005, 10:51 AM
Same. Except I'm almost ALWAYS on Video games, guitar, or computer. Around the end of seventh grade, I decided that 'friends' were a school thing.

Heh, I used to think that. College changed me quite a bit.

Tizzalicious
11-10-2005, 10:53 AM
I study at home to be a translator, which is the reason why I seem to be on here all the time. I use my PC to study, so I'm usually online as I study. And I study a bit, check the BBS, study some more, etc.

When I'm not doing that, I like to...go to concerts, shop (a lot ;)) make my own clothes, go out, write letters, dance (even though I can't, and I don't wanna be caught doing it by anyone), watch movies, read,...

That's it I guess.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
11-10-2005, 10:54 AM
I draw, or play video games. Or, skateboard with friends.

killer_queen
11-10-2005, 10:55 AM
I'm a full-time college student studying A-levels in History, Psychology and English Language/Literature, hoping to go on to study Military History for a Masters.
Psychology? It must be great.
I'm just a high school student who's studying for university. I can't even find time for reading.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-10-2005, 10:57 AM
No, Psychology sucks. The admin and teacher have fucked the course up something awful. If I get a pass now it'll be a miracle.

RedXIII
11-10-2005, 10:57 AM
Heh, I used to think that. College changed me quite a bit.
College is for parties! Right?

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-10-2005, 10:58 AM
College is for parties! Right?

No, college is for studying. Once the day finishes, that's when we have parties.

;)

memento
11-10-2005, 11:08 AM
I read all day and post on the BBS.

Rag Doll
11-10-2005, 12:28 PM
i'm a full time student, studying political science & law...possibly going to be doing some history as well, since i have the time. i work nearly full time as a cashier/asst manager/secretary for a liquor store. i spend too much time shopping or sleeping. i procrastinate an insane amount, which is usually why i'm here...like, right now, i should be writing a legal brief due in 3 hours...that i should've started a month ago. and i hang out with friends, mainly from work, since my best friend is away at school =\.

wheelchairman
11-10-2005, 12:37 PM
Full-time student is just another word for UNEMPLOYED.

Unless you're paid to be a student. Like me.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-10-2005, 12:38 PM
Full-time student is just another word for UNEMPLOYED.

Unless you're paid to be a student. Like me.

Actually I work at the weekend, so neh. =P

the_GoDdEsS
11-10-2005, 12:41 PM
Language instructor (English and German). Temporarily, I guess. Christ, what has the world come to? And I guess I don't have hobbies except the drinking tendencies. I'm a full-time filthy Slav.

Izie
11-10-2005, 01:00 PM
Studying political science at uni and working part-time (seems more like full-time these days, GRRR).

Other than that? Ridiculous amounts of reading, listening to music, playing videogames, writing all sorts of random crap, running, stressing, freaking out, worrying about everything and anything, questioning myself about everything I do, overanalyzing... lalala...

sKratch
11-10-2005, 01:35 PM
I guess I might as well give a real reply...

I'm a full time second year student at Binghamton University in New York State. I'm pursueing a BS in Physics and probably at least a minor if not second major in Mathematical Sciences. Since I somehow manage to barely to any work, I have a good amount of free time. In this time, I like to play ultimate frisbee (my school has a club team that travels to tournaments), play tons of video games (just beat Quake 4, I play a ton of Battlefield 2; on consoles I play Super Smash Bros. Melee, X-Men Legends 2, and I'm somewhere in the middle of XIII). I'm also in the university's only improv / sketch comedy group called the Pappy Parker Players. We rehearse about 3 times a week on average for two hours and have 2 really big shows each semester, as well as opening for other groups like a capella acts. We're like a mix of Whose Line is it Anyway? and SNL. More heavy on improv than sketches. I also sit at my computer a lot, so I'm on here. I love hanging out with friends and talking about all sorts of things, ranging from classwork to politics to bullshit.

Mentally_Challenged
11-10-2005, 01:43 PM
School. Subjects being English, maths, science, art, history, product design, ICT, RE and PE (eeech). Go home, see my friends about twice a week outside of school. Play guitar, cello lessons on a friday. Help mum at her Guides unit every other wednesday. Occasionally play Warcraft 3.

Ooooh, what an exciting life I lead =/

memento
11-10-2005, 03:07 PM
I should answer this properly.

I am reading law at the University of Birmingham. I have a part time job in a radio's telephone call centre doing market research. Uni takes up most of my time nows days but it used to be work last year. I lift weights alot, but it doesn't show. I enjoy films and am obessed with tv shows like 24 and Alias.

Most of my evenings is spent on MSN now days. I used to like going out drinking but now that's gay.

JoY
11-11-2005, 04:59 AM
I study medicine, play the violin & am a member of a fraternity/sorority, which takes up quite a lot of time. & my boyfriend, he takes up time too.

MindlessSelfIndulgent
11-11-2005, 05:22 AM
I hang out at school where we drink tea and pretend to draw. That's what I get paid for.

JohnnyNemesis
11-11-2005, 06:55 AM
English/American Culture major and Latin-American Studies minor (with interests in Anthropology and Urban Studies) here at Vassar College. I hang out with friends, of course, all the time, party and shit, and meet lots and lots and lots of girls. Lots of 'em.

There are other more important things I could mention as far as my interests go (I love to write, write, and write), but I think the basics are there.

Lammat
11-11-2005, 07:30 AM
hey, Iam new here, so I'll introduce myself here in thsi topic :)

So my Name is Tijs Lammar, 15 year and I am from Belgium-> that's why my english isn't so good.
I am an Offspring fan since i was 7 years old (beginners song was pretty fly for a white guy, a couple of months later i Bought my first offspring cd ( americana-> i was still 7 or 8 years old :p) and after that cd a couple of other cd's. I also have the movie americana.

Now i play drum, and sometimes i play with a mate, he has an electric guitar.

Iam still a student ;)

greetz.

Sin Studly
11-11-2005, 07:58 AM
I'm an abortionist.

Preocupado
11-11-2005, 08:56 AM
sometimes they let us out of the hospital to buy ice cream and we talk to people

Aimeht
11-11-2005, 09:44 AM
I just listen to good music and practise bdsm with my boyfriend, haha.
Yes, that is all.

Just a Girl
11-11-2005, 09:49 AM
i'm currently in the first year of a maths degree, with two extra modules in russian and forensic science. when i have free time i like reading, swimming, general exercise, cooking, shopping, playing piano, playing snes/master system/n64 games and getting pathetically undrunk with fun people. one day i hope to beat my boyfriend at mario kart.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-11-2005, 09:50 AM
Men are infinitely better than women at Mario Kart. It's just the law.

Just a Girl
11-11-2005, 10:00 AM
:( but i want to win. i beat him once on the mushroom cup on the snes, and also a time trial fight we had that lasted around a month on the n64 koopa's beach with yoshi, but other than that he always wins.

now i have even more incentive to win. not just because he's a smartarse. but because you... are also a smartarse :p

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-11-2005, 10:02 AM
LOL mushroom cup n00b

Just a Girl
11-11-2005, 10:05 AM
you shut your face, i am excellent at both the flower and star cup gp also. just not the most excellent.

once i unplugged his controller. that worked well.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-11-2005, 10:06 AM
You totally sucks at Mario Kart. Lolz.

Just a Girl
11-11-2005, 10:06 AM
i... i... *cries*

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-11-2005, 10:08 AM
I so wanna pwn you at that game now.

0r4ng3
11-11-2005, 10:12 AM
I don't understand why I'm good at Mario Kart, but I suck at F-Zero, which is basically just Mario Kart in space.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-11-2005, 10:13 AM
F-Zero is for true race fans. It's so fucking HARD. Mario Kart's more of a beginner game - like SSBM and Soulblade respectively for fighting games.

0r4ng3
11-11-2005, 10:16 AM
I used to be good at it, but I played it recently, and I really suck at it.

What console is Soulblade on? I've never heard of it.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-11-2005, 10:18 AM
PSOne. It's haaaard.

0r4ng3
11-11-2005, 10:19 AM
Wait, is it similar to Soul Calibur, or are they two different games entirely?

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-11-2005, 10:20 AM
I've got no idea.

0r4ng3
11-11-2005, 10:23 AM
I just looked it up. Soul Calibur is the sequel to Soul Blade. I'm good at Soul Calibur, but it is very hard.

SkyRocker
11-11-2005, 10:32 AM
I'm doing a rather boring Computer science master which would be equivalent to a college last year.
My rare free time is mainly consecrated on listening to music, guitaring, watching TV and doing a lot of sports including soccer, jogging and stuff.

Oh and I'm a hundred times better on F-Zero than on Mario Kart, don't know why...

Rag Doll
11-11-2005, 10:42 AM
I'm going to pwn Dave on Mario Kart someday. Totally. ;p

Just a Girl
11-11-2005, 10:42 AM
I so wanna pwn you at that game now.

i will practise day and night and then i will destroy you.

0r4ng3
11-11-2005, 10:43 AM
i will practise day and night and then i will destroy you.
He'll probably have to be awake for at least one game.

ruroken
11-11-2005, 10:44 AM
I used to be good at it, but I played it recently, and I really suck at it.

What console is Soulblade on? I've never heard of it.
Soul Blade is THE FUCKING SHIT!!! OMG I LOVE THAT GAME!!! It has a fuckin guard meter, and when it runs out, you (or your opponent) lose your weapon and have to fight with your hands and feet! AND the story is actually TOLD WELL!!!
I HATE SC2, because they fucked with it too much.

0r4ng3
11-11-2005, 10:45 AM
Guard Meter? Wow, sounds different from Soul Calibur. I'll have to check it out. Is Nightmare in it?

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-11-2005, 10:46 AM
He'll probably have to be awake for at least one game.

Semi-concious at most.

memento
11-11-2005, 10:47 AM
You guys know the N-64 emulators let you play online?

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-11-2005, 10:47 AM
Mario Kart > Mario Kart 64

memento
11-11-2005, 10:49 AM
I was merely trying to say you guys could all play if you liked it that much.

ruroken
11-11-2005, 10:51 AM
Guard Meter? Wow, sounds different from Soul Calibur. I'll have to check it out. Is Nightmare in it?
Yeah...I'm pretty sure he is, but you have to unlock him. And he's not really Nightmare exactrly, because of the graphics. But yeah, that's why I like it, it's not like SC where you can guard all the flippin time.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-11-2005, 10:52 AM
Nightmare? Don't think so.

0r4ng3
11-11-2005, 10:53 AM
I think he went by another name in the earlier games.

ruroken
11-11-2005, 10:59 AM
Siegfried

But yes, he's in it the other way too. I'm purty sure

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-11-2005, 11:00 AM
Oh, yeah. He was Siegfried before the blades mutated him.