PDA

View Full Version : Mid-day Sleeping problems

coke_a_holic
11-11-2005, 07:03 PM
Anyone else ever decide to take a nap, and wake up around 5-6:00 PM? It really screws with me because between 6:00 PM and 6:00 AM, there is little to no apparent difference outside. I fell asleep around 4:30 today, and woke up around 6:00. I started to change and get ready to take a shower before realizing that it was 6:00 PM, not AM. Don't tell me to buy a military-time clock, I wouldn't be able to survive trying to convert the time into how a 12-hour clock would show it. I just felt like sharing and wanted to know your feelings on the subject of waking up at night thinking it was day.

0r4ng3
11-11-2005, 07:04 PM
I hate taking naps in general. I waste enough time sleeping regularly as it is, and I always wake up from naps sick.

I don't know how to help you with the AM/PM thing, because I've been on a 24 hour clock for about a year. Though, I have woken up at night and thought it was the morning, and vice versa.

wheelchairman
11-11-2005, 07:06 PM
Naps are definitely my thing.

What I hate is waking up at 8 and thinking it's a school morning, on a weekend.

The panic of thinking you're late, is definitely the worst.

What's best is sleeping for like 16 hours, I do that every weekend. Because every week, my sleep deficit is just unbelievable.

T-6005
11-11-2005, 07:07 PM
I usually nap from 10:30 to 2:30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. It's a good experience - I like seeing if I can waver in between consciousness and unconsciousness.

Officer Counterfit
11-11-2005, 07:09 PM
I hate taking naps in general. I waste enough time sleeping regularly as it is, and I always wake up from naps sick.

I don't know how to help you with the AM/PM thing, because I've been on a 24 hour clock for about a year. Though, I have woken up at night and thought it was the morning, and vice versa.
i kinda know what you mean, but i dont wake up sick, i wake up with a sick taste in my mouth and it doesnt go away for a while

0r4ng3
11-11-2005, 07:11 PM
Yeah, I get that feeling too. I try to get as little sleep as possible, because the more sleep I get, the more tired I am the next day.

Tired_Of_You
11-11-2005, 07:15 PM

I don't know how to help you with the AM/PM thing, because I've been on a 24 hour clock for about a year. Though, I have woken up at night and thought it was the morning, and vice versa.Same with me... Well, I'm not sick, but I'll usually have a headache and feel weird.

As for the AM/PM thing, I don't understand. It's really easy to understand, no? Maybe I say that, because I've always used the military-time kind of clock and I've learned to read the hour this way? You might be interested to buy the same kind of clock I have. It's a 12 hour clock but there's a red light when it's PM, nothing when it's AM.

Back in Black
11-11-2005, 09:04 PM
I hate when that happens. Sometimes I'll take a nap and get up at night but I think it's the morning. It screws with your life.

Homer
11-11-2005, 09:13 PM
I just can't take naps. It's physically impossible for me (well, I should put it mentally). I mean, when I'm tired, I'll probably just go to bed about a half an hour before I normally go to bed, but during the day I HAVE to be awake. Even if I tried to take a nap, I just wouldn't be able to.

the_GoDdEsS
11-11-2005, 10:39 PM
Like Per said, the panick is terrible. It doesn't happen to me that often unless I'm sick, drunk or very tired. I usually can't sleep in the afternoon. Last Sunday I fell asleep in the afternoon and woke up at 5pm, scared as fuck that it's Monday 5am already and that I'm late.

wheelchairman
11-11-2005, 10:43 PM
Ah Sim, you are just getting up. I however, am just going to bed.

Jealous? :p

the_GoDdEsS
11-11-2005, 10:43 PM
*crys and cutes vains* What's worse is I have to go to work.

wheelchairman
11-11-2005, 10:45 PM
awww Classes on a Saturday? What kind of nerds do you have?

*pats*

the_GoDdEsS
11-11-2005, 10:47 PM
Some little kiddie boy whose parents are forcing him into 35646464 classes.

wheelchairman
11-11-2005, 10:47 PM
Do they want to ruin his childhood?

the_GoDdEsS
11-11-2005, 10:48 PM
Exactly that. Apparently he doesn't act like a kid any more. People suck.

Tizzalicious
11-12-2005, 02:29 AM
I love naps, but they do screw up my sleeping pattern. I always have trouble falling asleep at night anyway, even when I'm really tired, so when I took a nap, I usually can't sleep at night.

I do have a 24-hour alarm, but I wake up so messed up usually, that I'm still confused sometimes. Once I thought I slept for 30 hours straight or something. WTF?

killer_queen
11-12-2005, 02:59 AM
I love naps but I can never find time for it. Only when I'm sick there's time for it.

Mannen som blev en gris
11-12-2005, 07:05 AM
I love naps, I took a short one today, but as someone else said, I hate waking up. I always feel sick and... confused. That's why I hate it when someone calls me when I'm asleep, because after I've hung up, I realise I have no idea what the guy said.

the_GoDdEsS
11-12-2005, 07:11 AM
I wish I could sleep now but I probably won't be able to and I don't even want to at the moment. Hooray for waking up at 6 on Saturday.

NDM1
11-12-2005, 07:15 AM
I hate taking naps usually. It's like your wasting part of your day. That's how i used to feel about sleeping in till like 2 PM. You've already wasted a lot of your day. I usually get up about 9am or 10.

Italia311
11-12-2005, 07:17 AM
I never sleep in. I have this huge window beside my bed and the sun shine in right on me. I think I may have to do something about that. Then again, I'm always up ready to go in the morning...

Like right now, my gf is sleepin in the bed..but I can't sleep. I dont know how she can sleep. I'm just lying there looking at nothing.

I have a soccer game in 3 hrs, so I'm glad I am awake. Even after a night of drinking I can't sleep.

the_GoDdEsS
11-12-2005, 07:28 AM
Even after a night of drinking I can't sleep.

When drinking, you eventually reach a state where you can't sleep at all. Happens to me too.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-12-2005, 07:33 AM
Naps pwn, but then I can't sleep.

Kerr
11-12-2005, 07:34 AM
I generally find it very hard to sleep at night, and often end up sleeping for 10-15 minutes in a maths class. But I can never force myself to go to sleep, even when tired. I do find that a lot of time can go by when you do fall asleep though.

Italia311
11-12-2005, 07:38 AM
When drinking, you eventually reach a state where you can't sleep at all. Happens to me too.

Like I'll eventually fall asleep, but its for like 2 hrs or somethign small like that. Like I went to bed at 4...and Im up at 8 and eventually my head stops throbing and I adjust to being awake, but then i'll repeat the same pattern of going to bed late and waking up early the next day, maybe not while drunk but still, it happends. And I always have the SHAKES. Always. It eventually goes away...

Worst sleeping schedule ever...