PDA

View Full Version : what the hell ? some of my posts are gone !

Sinister
11-12-2005, 09:03 PM
I'M NOT SAYING THIS FOR MY POSTCOUNT.

However, I find it strange that some of my posts disappear, while the threads they were in remain unchanged (except for the fact my posts are gone).

Is it cause a mod's messing with me ?
site problems ?
or I'm just paranoid and I didn't actually post some of the stuff I thought I did ?

Mota Boy
11-13-2005, 01:33 AM
Roughly how many posts do you feel you've lost? Have you lost them in any particular forum? During any particular time period? Additional information is necessary for Wikipedia Boy to solve The Case of the Missing Posts.

Tizzalicious
11-13-2005, 03:05 AM
I think it might have something to do with old threads (like some of Wishomies) being deleted, ones that you don't notice being gone.

That, or have you been spamming the photo album? Because posts have been deleted there.

Lammat
11-13-2005, 05:12 AM
some topics are deleted where you have posted, so the admin does a recount in the cp, that's why some of your posts are gone.

JoY
11-13-2005, 09:06 AM
TTIG is probably right, but we'll try to get to the bottom of this. (lolz, bottom)

HeadAroundU
11-13-2005, 07:51 PM
...and maybe you are spammer. :rolleyes:

Sinister
11-13-2005, 07:57 PM
I don't think my posts could have been considered spam. it all happened around 2 days before I created the thread. I didn't lose that much posts, but I can't remember the threads they were in. Anyway, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't because some mod had decided to wipe me off.

Mota Boy
11-13-2005, 08:01 PM
A lot of off-topic conversation in the Photo Album was recently deleted, perhaps that's it.

Sinister
11-13-2005, 08:04 PM
no, that's not it - a few posts only, in different topics.
Maybe I'm just sick in my head and I think I posted them but actually didn't.
Anyway, as I already said, as long as no mod wants to wipe me off the boards, it's fine. not like those few posts actually made a big difference.

Rag Doll
11-13-2005, 08:29 PM
I didn't delete anything Sinister posted in the photo album.

And Sinister, none of the mods can figure out where your posts went either. No one remembers deleting anything by you.

Endymion
11-13-2005, 10:16 PM
if you could name the threads we could check who/what was deleted.

JoY
11-14-2005, 04:23 AM
nah, you can be sure that no mod wants to wipe you off the boards. we've discussed this & it'd come in handy, like everyone already pointed out, if you could remember more about the posts that seem to be missing & provide us with more information. if posts of you ARE disappearing, something is wrong & then it should be fixed.

Kitten
11-14-2005, 05:11 AM
Maybe it was a thread? Sinister just happened to post in it, and you guys decided to trash the entire thread instead of just a few posts...?

JoY
11-14-2005, 05:36 AM
well, that sounded positive. :/

we don't just 'trash' entire threads, unless the entire thread actually IS trash.
Sinister doesn't make trashy posts, so something isn't right.

Kitten
11-14-2005, 08:23 AM
well, that sounded positive. :/

we don't just 'trash' entire threads, unless the entire thread actually IS trash.
Sinister doesn't make trashy posts, so something isn't right.

Ok, I'm sorry. I meant, if he has posted in a thread that was deleted, then his posts would have been deleted too. It doesn't mean they were trashy posts, just the wrong thread to write in.

JoY
11-14-2005, 02:04 PM
no, haha, I meant that it wasn't positive towards the moderators, but it's fine. =)

Sinister
11-14-2005, 02:57 PM
well, now that my insecurity is calmed and I know no mod deleted it cause it was me, I think it might have something to do with the screwed up pages I get sometimes - some incompatibility between my browser and BBS, or other shit like that.

Kitten
11-15-2005, 02:03 AM
no, haha, I meant that it wasn't positive towards the moderators, but it's fine. =)

I didn't mean it to sound that way, I realise that you guys rarely delete entire threads, unless they are spam, or have completely turned to crap. I have no complaints.

JoY
11-17-2005, 07:07 AM
Kitten -I'm very glad to hear that. =D

Sinister -sounds like the mystery is solved, then? let us know if anything fishy is going on.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-23-2005, 06:06 PM
weird .