PDA

View Full Version : Sunday, ugly Sunday

the_GoDdEsS
11-12-2005, 11:57 PM
I remember how good it felt sitting on the window ledge in the warm days. In the sun, enjoying your smoke, sometimes sober, sometimes drunk and giggling and knowing you might fall down and break a bone. But yet, doing it for the thrill. There were none of those black ravens that announce that the warm days are over, that the land has become barren and bleak. You never had them where you grew up. So you're not used to the annoying sound they make, mixing itself with the church bells at 8:30 because it's another Sunday. And the world is keeping its order with the people marching to the house of God to repeat their prayers. And your fingers are freezing and a warm sweater is not enough to keep you warm. Just waiting for the first snow.

SkyRocker
11-13-2005, 12:28 AM
I have to say it's a very nice text, i almost believed it while closing my eyes but when opened: no snow at all. I never had the luck to see any in my life...

Mota Boy
11-13-2005, 12:40 AM
It's shit like this that gives me a little ego boost when I realize that you allow me to be your friend.

the_GoDdEsS
11-13-2005, 07:03 AM
If you were not my friend, I think I'd physically threaten you so you become one.

Thank you.

clokey43
11-13-2005, 07:07 AM
Although snow is a rarity here I almost felt like I knew what you ment. Your text is really good.

the_GoDdEsS
11-13-2005, 07:11 AM
I'm surprised we haven't had any yet. Back when I lived in the north, we always had first snow around the middle of October. It's like, I'm somehow waiting for it.

clokey43
11-13-2005, 07:14 AM
I like the snow. We had some back in February but it was only about an inch deep. Funny thing is everyone gets really excited about such a insignificant amount. I have always wanted to have a white christmas but has never happened so last year I went to Austria to make sure I got one.

JoY
11-13-2005, 07:38 AM
I could litterally feel the cold sneak up on me. you & words = a GOOD combination. you visualise everything with words in a way that you take the ones who read what you write on a trip in your imagination. got to love that. I love that.

the sky here is losing all colour & slowly going grey. rain is pouring from it most of the times now & it reminds me that I still live in the Netherlands. I just -know- every one of those clouds floating above us to soak our streets must come from England's direction. bastards. it's inconvenient, because I go out on one sock & a shoe, because my ankle still doesn't fit into anything else. it causes one very extremely wet, cold foot & one slightly less cold foot. the mornings are becoming quiet; I hear less & less birdsounds every day. I don't know exactly where they all went, but if I could fly, I know where I'd go. the Netherlands doesn't know snow, or mountains, so soon I'll leave to where it's colder to put my ankle to the test once again.

but there's something strange & funny about the winterweather this year, because if you look real carefully, you can see a bright blue sky behind those clouds. it seems like it's secretly hiding, because it's not supposed to be here at this time of the year. sometimes a ray of sunshine even manages to get through to reach my window & wake Kebab, so he can warn me that another hour has gone by. it's promising, but in this case it only promises clear winterevenings on which you can go iceskating over the canals in Amsterdam, or just cuddle up by the fireplace with a cup of hot coco & a newspaper to read about the misery in warm countries.

so that's pretty much how the Dutch weather is now. relatively warm for the time of the year, but as grumpy & moody as always. my description wasn't as beautiful as yours, but thank you anyway for letting me dream away from the Netherlands to wherever you are for a moment.

the_GoDdEsS
11-13-2005, 01:14 PM
Yeah, our blue sky was hiding for a while too but I got the feeling it's gone now. November is one of the cruellest months to me. Because winter suddenly hits in. Thanks for sharing, I liked it. =)

JoY
11-13-2005, 02:18 PM
you're welcome. <3 glad you liked it.

HeadAroundU
11-13-2005, 02:23 PM
I have to say it's a very nice text, i almost believed it while closing my eyes but when opened: no snow at all. I never had the luck to see any in my life...
that's sad! :(

HeadAroundU
11-13-2005, 02:41 PM
I feel like there should be snow now!
that's stranghe. :confused:

T-6005
11-13-2005, 02:44 PM
I quite enjoyed the writing. Goddess, you're good.