PDA

View Full Version : eddie guerrero died

princess
11-13-2005, 10:20 AM
:( just read the news on a website but nothing about what happened seems to be around yet. anybody in the states seen it on the news or something?

The_Hombre
11-13-2005, 10:22 AM
:( just read the news on a website but nothing about what happened seems to be around yet. anybody in the states seen it on the news or something?

Who is he and should I care?

princess
11-13-2005, 10:27 AM
a damn good wrestler. but seeing as you didn't know that, i guess you shouldn't.

memento
11-13-2005, 10:31 AM
let me guess - anabloic steriod abuse?

princess
11-13-2005, 10:37 AM
possibly. former drug addict though so other causes possible. looked perfectly healthy on tv less than a week ago though so i dunno

Back in Black
11-13-2005, 10:40 AM
I used to watch wrestling but I quit watching it because it got boring. I hated Eddie.

The_Hombre
11-13-2005, 11:00 AM
Was that even his real name?

JohnnyNemesis
11-13-2005, 11:29 AM
Yes, it was his real name.

Yes, I'm admittedly quite upset about the whole thing, fuck all of you in advance for any smartass responses about that.

Here's a pic from when I met him in 2004:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a250/RickStallion/Miscellaneous/EddieGuerrero.jpg

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-13-2005, 11:31 AM
Oh, I remember him.

Did he die of natural causes or because of an accident, like Owen Hart?

princess
11-13-2005, 11:51 AM
all i know so far is he went for breakfast in the morning, went back to his hotel room and didn't come out. he was found at like 7.30am dead. sounds like he died minutes after last being seen. no idea what caused it though.

Vera
11-13-2005, 11:55 AM
Oh shit. He was one of the only reasons I still occasionally tune in to watch Smackdown. Sure, it's a ridiculous sport but it's still fucking entertaining and Eddie was one of the best entertainers on the show.

They were going to come to Finland on 20th, I wouldn't have seen the show but would've been cool & rather likely bumping into him somewhere downtown Helsinki or something.

Sigh.

Jebus
11-13-2005, 01:11 PM
I used to love Eddie Guerrero back when I watched wrestling. You gotta love that time he was going out with China. Lately I've been taking glimpses of Smackdown every once in a while just for the heck of it. I recall him telling some other mexican guy that his kid was actually his. He was a good entertainer.
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2005/11/13/1305307.html
http://www.impactwrestling.com/Content.aspx?ID=4408

Nirushika6789
11-13-2005, 01:39 PM
damn i cant believe hes dead...i just watched wrestling last week and he was ok...

he was one of the best one there..one of the more entertaining at least

Not Ozymandias
11-13-2005, 03:58 PM
I guess they're going to have to change the title of his DVD now.

This is fucking horrible. I just loved Eddy, he kept me watching for about a year after I'd stopped giving a shit about wrestling (well, him and Angle).
At least he finally made it big before he died.

Looks like Vince will have a busy schedule of squirming through mainstream media interviews this week, explaining why yet another guy dropped dead in his 30's. If you made a list of all the wrestlers who've died young it'd make my ignore list look brief.

And yet HHH and Hogan live on. :(

darko
11-13-2005, 04:01 PM
thod the name look familiar...thod he's left tho, last time i watched smackdown there was no mention off him

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
11-13-2005, 04:04 PM
Oh well. Life goes on.

memento
11-13-2005, 04:51 PM
30,000 africans died, does that make tommorows headlines?

Jebus
11-13-2005, 04:57 PM
Did any of those africans win the WWE championship? Yeah...I thought so.

JohnnyNemesis
11-13-2005, 04:57 PM
I wrote a column about Eddie over a year ago. If any of you are interested in reading, PM me.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-13-2005, 05:11 PM
I guess they're going to have to change the title of his DVD now.

This is fucking horrible. I just loved Eddy, he kept me watching for about a year after I'd stopped giving a shit about wrestling (well, him and Angle).
At least he finally made it big before he died'.

Looks like Vince will have a busy schedule of squirming through mainstream media interviews this week, explaining why yet another guy dropped dead in his 30's. If you made a list of all the wrestlers who've died young it'd make my ignore list look brief.

This prick does know wrestling ain't real and it has a script right? they can just write a new storyline.

JohnnyNemesis
11-13-2005, 05:17 PM
Holy shit, you're amazingly stupid sometimes. I seriously don't even mean to insult you, I just have to say that.

0r4ng3
11-13-2005, 05:17 PM
This prick does know wrestling ain't real and it has a script right? they can just write a new storyline.
You don't take his death seriously because wrestling is fake? That's sad.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-13-2005, 05:18 PM
You don't take his death seriously because wrestling is fake? That's sad.
No I take his death seriously, I just don't take wrestling seriously. Its more fake then implants.

0r4ng3
11-13-2005, 05:20 PM
Actually, they're two different kinds of fake.

Even if it is fake, Eddie Guererro was still very popular.

JohnnyNemesis
11-13-2005, 05:20 PM
Yes, it's fake. It has a script, actors, storylines. It's kind of like...oh, I dunno, EVERYTHING ELSE ON TELEVISION.

Everyone knows it's fake. You're not exactly discovering fire here, kid.

A man dead is a man dead.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-13-2005, 05:22 PM
Yes, it's fake. It has a script, actors, storylines. It's kind of like...oh, I dunno, EVERYTHING ELSE ON TELEVISION.

Everyone knows it's fake. You're not exactly discovering fire here, kid.

A man dead is a man dead.
Yea but I was saying that NO takes it way to seriously

an 0r4ng3 I don't care how popular he was, his death don't mean more then another persons death to me.

JohnnyNemesis
11-13-2005, 05:25 PM
Yea but I was saying that NO takes it way to seriously.

But he doesn't. He takes the fact that SOMEONE DIED seriously.

You always do this shit where someone calls you out on something, then you change your arguments over and over again, then say you don't care, then we all are left wondering why you're such an idiot.

Just save us all the trouble this time and shut it.

an 0r4ng3 I don't care how popular he was, his death don't mean more then another persons death to me.

Did anyone ask you how much you care about his death? No one is saying it means more than anyone else's, they're saying they're upset about this one.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-13-2005, 05:29 PM

Quoted for stupidness an to back my point.

0r4ng3
11-13-2005, 05:31 PM
Quoted for stupidness an to back my point.
How is it stupid? He's wondering how Vince is gonna keep it away from the news that another wrestler died under 30 years old.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-13-2005, 05:32 PM
How is it stupid? He's wondering how Vince is gonna keep it away from the news that another wrestler died under 30 years old.
Vince won't have to because it's real, the good people who run the TV show will do that.

JohnnyNemesis
11-13-2005, 05:33 PM
Vince won't have to because it's real, the good people who run the TV show will do that.

Um, yes, he will have to, because he's done it every single time a wrestler has died. That's why Not Ozymandias said that. By quoting him, you just proved YOURSELF wrong.

Seriously, sometimes you make such little sense that it scares us all.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-13-2005, 05:36 PM
Um, yes, he will have to, because he's done it every single time a wrestler has died. That's why Not Ozymandias said that. By quoting him, you just proved YOURSELF wrong.

Seriously, sometimes you make such little sense that it scares us all.
Well I have this thing called a life and ain't some sad grown up who watches wrestling so I wouldn't have known that.

JohnnyNemesis
11-13-2005, 05:37 PM
Well I have this thing called a life and ain't some sad grown up who watches wrestling so I wouldn't have known that.

So basically what you're saying is that you DO NOT know what you're talking about, yet you're arguing with people who DO know what they're talking about?

And you call THEM pathetic?

Dude, if you have this "thing called a life", then why post about something you don't know about? Shouldn't you be out living your crazy life?

the_offsprings_monkey
11-13-2005, 05:39 PM
So basically what you're saying is that you DO NOT know what you're talking about, yet you're arguing with people who DO know what they're talking about?

And you call THEM pathetic?

Dude, if you have this "thing called a life", then why post about something you don't know about? Shouldn't you be out living your crazy life?
Not on a Sunday night, that was last night I did that.

JohnnyNemesis
11-13-2005, 05:44 PM
So, how do you know Not Ozymandias, I, and the rest of the wrestling fans didn't do the same? How do you know we weren't out partying, then resting on Sunday discussing these things?

You're really good at digging holes.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-13-2005, 05:50 PM
So, how do you know Not Ozymandias, I, and the rest of the wrestling fans didn't do the same? How do you know we weren't out partying, then resting on Sunday discussing these things?

You're really good at digging holes.
Umm I don't know, so why do you guys spend Saturday night watching men in tight underwear grabbing each other?

JohnnyNemesis
11-13-2005, 05:53 PM
Dude, why are you checking out their UNDERWEAR, for chrissake? We're watching the actual violence, the storylines, and all that shit. Why are you checking out their underwear.

By the way, wrestling is on in the middle of the week, not Saturdays. While we're asking questions though, why do you enjoy making your girlfriend feel like shit on the BBS?

the_offsprings_monkey
11-13-2005, 05:57 PM
Dude, why are you checking out their UNDERWEAR, for chrissake? We're watching the actual violence, the storylines, and all that shit. Why are you checking out their underwear.

By the way, wrestling is on in the middle of the week, not Saturdays. While we're asking questions though, why do you enjoy making your girlfriend feel like shit on the BBS?
Ooh Ricky's getting mad at me, Touch a nerve did I?

JohnnyNemesis
11-13-2005, 06:00 PM
Don't flatter yourself. Idiocy in all its forms, from anyone, offends me.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-13-2005, 06:01 PM
*sigh* Well I'm off to bed, talk again sometime, sorry if I was rude. :(

nieh
11-13-2005, 06:06 PM
I haven't watched wrestling in a few years, but that's a shame. He was quite good at what he did.

TOM:
a) Wrestling comes on weekdays, not weekends (unless that's changed since I used to watch it?)
b) Wrestlers have to be both actors and athletes and Eddie did both better than most at both and will be difficult to replace
c) Regardless of the fact that they can just write a new storyline or what have you, that doesn't change the fact that him dying is tragic to some people. He's someone people have grown to care about by watching him over the years, just like any other entertainer. I'm sure there are some tv shows or bands where if a certain person involved with them died, you'd feel terrible.
d) Shut up

Italia311
11-13-2005, 06:06 PM
I haven't watched wrestling in like 4 yrs. But I used to watch it like crazy. I remember when Owen Hart died. Crazy.

From what I gathered from the thread, he died randomly? Thats sad. I don't even want to imagine. All of the sudden yer just chillin, then you die. Crazy shit.

R.I.P

ninthlayer
11-13-2005, 07:29 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b46/penguinfites/lolzorz.jpg