PDA

View Full Version : One night stands...?

JoY
11-13-2005, 02:14 PM
time to break this first-date-taboo. for it, or against it? in other words; yay, or nay? arguments, please.

personally I gave it a try & it was a LOT of fun, but it's not exactly my thing. I get way too attached to people, experiences & the whole deal. & my dignity. yeah, rather attached to that. I definitely have my pride. which doesn't necessarily has to be affected in any way by a one night stand, but in my case it somehow does.

judgement; thanks, but no thanks.

Preocupado
11-13-2005, 02:20 PM
very not me.
i enjoy the post-sex intimacy with a need for more time.

T-6005
11-13-2005, 02:20 PM
Done it once, and regretted it.

Not my thing. I do enjoy attachment when I'm fucking someone, and not having that really takes something away.

Then again - I've been reproached for not taking my relationships seriously enough, so where's the medium?

_ߥ_vil_
11-13-2005, 02:21 PM
Well, It'd probably be a change but for some reason I'd feel used.

JohnnyNemesis
11-13-2005, 03:56 PM
I've done it, and I felt bad for NOT feeling bad, if you understand what I mean. All that stuff about the potential dignity loss is socially constructed and I personally am not all that affected by it, but I understand that others are so I respect their feelings. But me, I've done the one night stand thing and felt FINE afterwards, no regrets or anything, but I felt like I was supposed to be distraught or something. Again, I felt guilty for not feeling guilty.

I do the making out/cuddling thing on the first night quite often. For some reason though, no matter how bad I want to, I usually can't bring myself to sexing on the first night, even though I'd done it before and it was fine.

Amanda
11-13-2005, 03:59 PM
I've never done that, dunno if i ever would. But i don't condemn people who do.

memento
11-13-2005, 04:00 PM
I done it, and it turned out to be an awesome relationship. So yay for 'em.

JohnnyNemesis
11-13-2005, 04:02 PM
^Same here. I'm with my lady, we're serious, and it started out with a one night stand.

HornyPope
Is it really a one night stand if you continue on with the relationship though?

wheelchairman
I agree with Johnny. I think what gets in the way is the social taboo of sex, I have the feeling it's different in America than it is in Europe.

I mean if two people can enjoy themselves for relatively little money, why the hell not? My previous relationship started that way, and it was a good one.

Besides, Outkast wrote a song encouraging it.

JohnnyNemesis
11-13-2005, 04:05 PM
Is it really a one night stand if you continue on with the relationship though?

I guess not, but if the intention the first night was to have a one night stand, then...you get it.

And as Per said, never dispute Outkast.

Ever.

HornyPope
11-13-2005, 04:10 PM
Well if you purpusefully agree for a one night, why continue a relationship in the morning?

I'll see your Outkast, and I rase you BHG:

"Make a seasoned pass to mount that ass and bob hope that i might one night stand a chance"

JohnnyNemesis
11-13-2005, 04:12 PM
Well if you purpusefully agree for a one night, why continue a relationship in the morning?

Because sometimes things just happen. You call for whatever reason, whether to say hello, tell her to hold on to your t-shirt that you forgot or whatever, and you just start talking. Then you realize you actually kind of like each other. And pursue a friendship. Which evolves into a relationship. Yeah, things just happen...

wheelchairman
11-13-2005, 04:15 PM
Maybe the person is charming?

I mean after a first date you really can't tell how much you will like a person.

HornyPope
11-13-2005, 04:15 PM
Aah. I understood that you both get up in the morning and make arrangements for another "date".

Betty
11-13-2005, 04:47 PM
I think there's a difference between a one night stand with some random dude you met at the bar that night... or a one night stand with somebody that you actually have an emotional connection with like a friend of yours or maybe an ex-boyfriend you haven't seen in a year or something. In the latter case, it seems like it could be a more enjoyable experience.

I think one night stands with random guys are in theory okay. I have never done it. I may in the future, I'm not sure. I don't think it should be considered "whorish". And I think that in theory you should be able to separate a physical experience with an emotional one, but whether I could really do that, I haven't found out yet. Also, I think you need a certain amount of passion to have great sex, and whether I could find that with a totally random guy, I'm not sure. I suppose maybe if you just really, really clicked... But then if I DID really click with somebody, I would probably want to take it further than simply one night...

I think that was very inconclusive.

HornyPope
11-13-2005, 04:49 PM
Well here's a novel idea: why don't you have sex with someone off the bbs?

Betty
11-13-2005, 04:56 PM
I think there has been a LOT of BBS sex... so not too novel Vlad... ha...

Also, that would probably fall into the "person you actually know and are friends with" category, well depending who obviously.

Italia311
11-13-2005, 05:10 PM
Usually wanna have sex with ther person more then once, depending on how hot they are..lol. Been with the same grl for 4 yrs. Dont like the one night stands.

wheelchairman
11-13-2005, 05:15 PM
BBS sex? Why am I not getting any?

Aimeht
11-13-2005, 05:26 PM
One night stands? Yay.

But not right now.

Nicole
11-13-2005, 06:04 PM
I'm against them. I'd rather be in a relationship. But other people can do what they want.

Sunny
11-13-2005, 06:06 PM
Personally? Thanks, but no thanks. I don't think it's "wrong" or anything, but it's not for me. I'm sure it works for other people though, so whatever.

ninthlayer
11-13-2005, 06:18 PM
I've had two one night stands... actually, they were both like two night stands. I held up my end on both without the emotional attachment but both of the broads got goofy. The first one obsessed like mad and called me several times daily (and also sent a lot of text messages) and the other one decided that we were dating or something and broke it off (What the fuck? Me date a random bar girl that lives in another city? Fuck that).

I seem to end up in sexless relationships, which is odd. I'm such a gentleman it fucking hurts, yet I have no problem berating and destroying people. I guess sex and relationships really don't have any connection to each other.

Vera
11-13-2005, 10:20 PM
Commence non-serious, flirty reply:

Bella babes, let's make it a multiple-nights stand.. ;D

Nina
11-13-2005, 11:58 PM
I'm against it. I can understand it when people do it, but if your life only contains one-night-stands, I think there might be something wrong (unless you're, I dunno, really young or something). Like Nicole I am for relationships. Sex is way too important to me to share it with a person who I dont even know. Ick.

ninthlayer
11-14-2005, 12:03 AM
Hey Nina, want to have a one night stand?

Nina
11-14-2005, 12:05 AM
Yup.

-humps your leg-

ninthlayer
11-14-2005, 12:08 AM
Just the leg, oh nos!

We'll definitely have more than a one NIGHT stand, probably more like a one MONTH stand... straight up.

Nina
11-14-2005, 12:11 AM
Haha "straight up" eh?
omg we're such pervies.

ninthlayer
11-14-2005, 12:15 AM
No, we're amazing... if you pay for your plane ticket I'll provide room/board/lovens.

JoY
11-14-2005, 01:43 AM
I've done it, and I felt bad for NOT feeling bad, if you understand what I mean. All that stuff about the potential dignity loss is socially constructed and I personally am not all that affected by it, but I understand that others are so I respect their feelings. But me, I've done the one night stand thing and felt FINE afterwards, no regrets or anything, but I felt like I was supposed to be distraught or something. Again, I felt guilty for not feeling guilty.

I do the making out/cuddling thing on the first night quite often. For some reason though, no matter how bad I want to, I usually can't bring myself to sexing on the first night, even though I'd done it before and it was fine.
I understand exactly what you mean. I didn't feel bad at all either & I kind of felt bad for that. like, "does that make me a whore now?" I don't believe in regrets anyway & hardly ever have them.

it wasn't just some random guy I'd picked up anyway. I'd met him a few times before & every time we saw each other there was sort of attraction & tension. so we were always smoochie, touchy, feely when we saw each other, even though we didn't actually know each other, besides our names. but since to me sex still is kind of awfully special, I always refused to crawl in the sack with him. one night I gave in. I didn't feel bad about it, I only felt kind of bad for my current boyfriend, because he'd heard us shagging. I also felt kind of bad, because he made sex so.. rude. & dirty. let's just say he wasn't exactly the cuddly type. & I am. I lub cuddling & sugarcoated roughness. <3

either way, afterwards I couldn't help but notice that I kept staring at my phone if he'd called, or txted. which was stupid, because it didn't mean a fucking thing. & I just made it more than it really was in my head, because sex is special to me. it was slightly confusing & I hate confusion as I'm enough confused as it is already most of the time. never have I felt *anything* for this guy, so I certainly wasn't going to start now. one time my current boyfriend asked me if he was still "special", even though I've shagged other guys too. that gave me a slightly whorish feeling, but I am perfectly sure that Huib is "special", or at least that I love him a shitload.

I will never use the word "special" again. *shakes head*

Sanni -just the way I like it. ;p let's do so. *bounces*

Tizzalicious
11-14-2005, 01:50 AM
I think there's a difference between a one night stand with some random dude you met at the bar that night... or a one night stand with somebody that you actually have an emotional connection with like a friend of yours or maybe an ex-boyfriend you haven't seen in a year or something. In the latter case, it seems like it could be a more enjoyable experience.

I think one night stands with random guys are in theory okay. I have never done it. I may in the future, I'm not sure. I don't think it should be considered "whorish". And I think that in theory you should be able to separate a physical experience with an emotional one, but whether I could really do that, I haven't found out yet. Also, I think you need a certain amount of passion to have great sex, and whether I could find that with a totally random guy, I'm not sure. I suppose maybe if you just really, really clicked... But then if I DID really click with somebody, I would probably want to take it further than simply one night...

I think that was very inconclusive.

I completely agree. Not much I can add I think.

JoY
11-14-2005, 01:53 AM
I agree with Betty all the way too. & my replies on the subject feel inconclusive aswell, but then again I'm describing it in a really clumsy way, which causes huge essays on a rather simple subject without an actual point.

MindlessSelfIndulgent
11-14-2005, 01:57 AM
I'm for it. It's exciting.

Tizzalicious
11-14-2005, 02:27 AM
BBS sex? Why am I not getting any?

Because no one wants you 3" cock.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-14-2005, 02:31 AM
Hmm. I don't do them very often because when I go to local bars I'm never really in the mood to chat anyone up, or I have a girlfriend. I've done it twice and I found both very unsatisfying. And in the morning it was SO awkward.

ninthlayer
11-14-2005, 02:34 AM
It wasn't awkward for me in the morning, she drove me home and we stopped by Panera Bread for some lunch. BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP!

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-14-2005, 02:36 AM
Yeah, but I slept with a Brit.

Bitch.

ninthlayer
11-14-2005, 02:37 AM
I hope that you punched her in the teeth.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-14-2005, 02:38 AM
What? And ruin her beautiful off-yellow smile?

And anyway, judging by the state of them, someone already did.

Har har, Brit teeth jokes.

ninthlayer
11-14-2005, 02:39 AM
Oh nos! teh brits haf teh grosszorz teefs!@!

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-14-2005, 02:40 AM
I hate my fucking country.

Tizzalicious
11-14-2005, 02:40 AM
Damn Dave, can't you pick the ones with good teeth?

That's what I did.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-14-2005, 02:41 AM
She had good teeth really. I'm joking of course.

ninthlayer
11-14-2005, 02:41 AM
Tizz/Dave - I'll give you BOTH some good Aryan sectsing. We'll even have Romper Stomper playing in the background.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-14-2005, 02:43 AM
Only if you call me Kommandant.

Tizzalicious
11-14-2005, 02:44 AM
Sounds awesome, I'm all converted into Americanism (??) now anyway. Someone is gonna regret this.

ninthlayer
11-14-2005, 02:46 AM
All the 1337 girlies and guys would convert to Americanism for one night with me. Or at least they should.

Tizzalicious
11-14-2005, 02:52 AM
I should have been honest with Per and told him the reason he isn't getting BBS sex is because I'm cheating on him with you.

ninthlayer
11-14-2005, 02:53 AM
People expect honesty out of relationships?

pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft.

Oh wait, I'm a fucking liar.

Sad faces.

Sin Studly
11-14-2005, 03:05 AM
I prefer waiting around long enough to watch the abortion.

JoY
11-14-2005, 03:07 AM
All the 1337 girlies and guys would convert to Americanism for one night with me. Or at least they should.
I would. you're secktsee.

ninthlayer
11-14-2005, 03:09 AM
Justin - You're a true romantic, I hold you in high esteem.

Bella - Yes and yes and yes and how you doin'?

the_GoDdEsS
11-14-2005, 03:10 AM
So... girls are just abortion machines? :(

JoY
11-14-2005, 03:12 AM
Bella - Yes and yes and yes and how you doin'?
secktsless? *winknudgewinknudge*

JoY
11-14-2005, 03:13 AM
So... girls are just abortion machines? :(
nah, we can do more than that. like.. just.. not get pregnant.

but how would I know, I'm just a living Jewbortion. :o :confused: :(

Sin Studly
11-14-2005, 03:14 AM
If I got Bella pregnant I wouldn't want her to abort it. I'd want it to get old enough to put in a gas chamber.

JoY
11-14-2005, 03:15 AM
abortion-tests were negative. too bad your swimmers aren't as Aryan-kick-ass as you are.

Isolated Fury
11-14-2005, 03:16 AM
abortion-tests were negative. too bad your swimmers aren't as Aryan-kick-ass as you are.
I don't think they provide a Hitler Jugend program for ones that young.

JoY
11-14-2005, 03:18 AM
I don't think they provide a Hitler Jugend program for ones that young.
*giggles* maybe Justin should take their training into his own hands?

Isolated Fury
11-14-2005, 03:19 AM
Personally, I don't like them on my hands...

But Justin can do his own thing.

the_GoDdEsS
11-14-2005, 03:45 AM
I'd trust those leader and dictatorship qualities. *grins*

Sin Studly
11-14-2005, 03:54 AM
Pfft, my swimmers??? Obviously your womb is as barren as the Eastern Front.

JoY
11-14-2005, 04:28 AM
*cracks up*

man, my womb is a happy place.

Sin Studly
11-14-2005, 04:36 AM
Your womb is SIBERIA! Bear me a son or I'll give you a thrashing!

JoY
11-14-2005, 04:38 AM
if your cock would reach to the Netherlands, then maybe I could. sorry, it's just too tiny.

Sin Studly
11-14-2005, 04:43 AM
:(

My cock only reaches as far as England, I'm inadequate.

Oh, and I just had a whole new theory as to why the English are so faggotted.

JoY
11-14-2005, 04:47 AM
I don't live there?

Sin Studly
11-14-2005, 05:57 AM
You don't live there, but my penis does. Nuff said.

Lammat
11-14-2005, 07:54 AM
personally I gave it a try & it was a LOT of fun, but it's not exactly my thing. I get way too attached to people, experiences & the whole deal. & my dignity. yeah, rather attached to that. I definitely have my pride. which doesn't necessarily has to be affected in any way by a one night stand, but in my case it somehow does.

judgement; thanks, but no thanks.

same here,
There are alot of people who do that (some just to be cool), that's one of the reasons i don't cuz I don't want to be 'commercial' like the rest.

And I also have a girlfriend.

Tizzalicious
11-14-2005, 07:57 AM
Now that first reason is just stupid.

Lammat
11-14-2005, 08:02 AM
yeah :p it's the 2nd that counts ;)

But with the first i ment that many people just do it to be cool.

Tizzalicious
11-14-2005, 08:04 AM
Okay then. That is a good reason.

And maybe that's true, for guys. Not for girls I'm sure. She would be considered a slut more than she would be considered cool by most people.

JoY
11-14-2005, 08:06 AM
the second one makes somewhat sense. ;p

people don't actually shag around because it's cool. I don't know what kind of people you know, but people shag around because shagging is funfunfun. & sometimes because they have attachment- & bonding-issues, self-esteem-issues, etc. but mainly because everyone likes to be laid every once in a while.

Edit: heehee, I was late. whoopz.

Lammat
11-14-2005, 08:07 AM
lol no no, there is a little slut in my class who blows the busdriver :eek:

And some guys fuck ugly girls to proove the can fuck, and that they are not afraid to do it :rolleyes: etc..

JoY
11-14-2005, 08:11 AM
And maybe that's true, for guys. Not for girls I'm sure. She would be considered a slut more than she would be considered cool by most people.
guys *sometimes* are considered cool if they're like, total playas, but not by people you'd actually want to know, or be befriended with. that's just rediculous.

Lammat
11-14-2005, 08:14 AM
yeah I ment guys want to be cool with it sometimes, they do it to be cool and for the sex, IF i would do it, than i'll do it just for the sex, and probably cuz I am druk or when i have just lost my girlfriend...

Tizzalicious
11-14-2005, 08:17 AM
guys *sometimes* are considered cool if they're like, total playas, but not by people you'd actually want to know, or be befriended with. that's just rediculous.

True. I didn't say I thought they were cool. But you know, some guys do think they are cool. Or that other guys like that are cool.

wheelchairman
11-14-2005, 09:35 AM
I'm pretty sure the majority of people aren't doing one night stands for the insane amount of street cred it gives them.

kami_mathieu
11-14-2005, 09:38 AM
I don realy have long relationships couse I get bored eazy, but a one night stand is nothing for me either.

XYlophonetreeZ
11-14-2005, 10:47 AM
One night stands. I've had a few, only one of which I've really regretted. But that time, the chick was actually really cool about it afterwards and we're still friends. There's just a mutual, unspoken understanding between us that it'll never happen again. Besides, mucho alcohol was consumed that night.

Another time, it wasn't so great because the chick acted all weird about it afterwards and we just kind of didn't talk anymore after we fucked.

The best one by far was when I was on vacation in Colorado. There was a chick staying near the place where I was staying and we just started hanging out and exploring the town, and then we had teh secks lolz. After we went to our respective homes, we talked on AIM for a long time afterwards until we both sort of succumbed to the fact that we were never going to see each other again.

I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with them. But they can indeed be awkward.

killer_queen
11-14-2005, 11:45 AM
I'm sure you all know my answer. I really don't like the idea having sex with someone you don't know well enough and after that you'll act like you have never had sex. It's not just about my religion but it just sounds wrong. Really wrong.

JohnnyNemesis
11-14-2005, 11:46 AM
^With that said, would you like to come over and have sex with me?

killer_queen
11-14-2005, 11:48 AM
Well, that's different. You know...

Fuck you.

JohnnyNemesis
11-14-2005, 11:49 AM
I deserved that, but it was totally worth it.

JoY
11-14-2005, 11:51 AM
THESE WOUNDS, THEY WILL NOT HEAL!!!!!!!1111!!!11 *bursts into tears*