PDA

View Full Version : bbs member VS bbs member.

kami_mathieu
11-14-2005, 11:04 AM
Since im usualy too lazy to start a thread, I decided to force myself to make one this time. forgive me for the lameness of it, I didnt take mutch time to think up a subject.

ninthlayer vs tunb.

JoY
11-14-2005, 11:12 AM
noez, not another popularity contest. *sigh*

& for the second time; OMGZ you're from Arnhem!!!!!11

Tijs
11-14-2005, 11:14 AM
I've been in a trolleybus for the first time ever a few weeks ago!

The_Hombre
11-14-2005, 11:15 AM
The Hombre vs Sin Studly.

yeh, shabba!

JoY
11-14-2005, 11:18 AM
you don't say! I lub trolleybusses. but they drive a bit too smoothly. one time I fell asleep in one & woke up in Doorwerth. meh. I had to walk all the way back to Oosterbeek.

kami_mathieu
11-14-2005, 11:19 AM

they are romoving most of them from the city. :mad:

since there are so manny bbsers from in or around arnhem we should unite and protest.

the_GoDdEsS
11-14-2005, 11:19 AM
Trolleybuses suck. I prefer trams. Now that's smooth.

The_Hombre
11-14-2005, 11:20 AM
you don't say! I lub trolleybusses.

We have the metro, which is a mix between a train and a bus. i cant imagine a trolley/bus hybrid

: o >

kami_mathieu
11-14-2005, 11:22 AM
We have the metro, which is a mix between a train and a bus. i cant imagine a trolley/bus hybrid

its a bus (so it has tires unlike a metro) only it uses cable electricety (mutch like a metro).

JoY
11-14-2005, 11:22 AM
Sim, haven't you learned -anything- from your trip to Amsterdam? haha, my exboyfriend once fell out of his seat in the tram, because the driver was racing like cuhrazey. plus, not all of our tramrails are smoothly attached to one another.

they are romoving most of them from the city. :mad:
seriously?! but I thought they just made an entire new trolleybusstation at the Central Station??

JoY
11-14-2005, 11:23 AM

I know metros. I don't live in Oosterbeek anymore, remember? *points at location*

the_GoDdEsS
11-14-2005, 11:23 AM
Maybe but our trolleybuses suck. And our trams rule. And some day I'm gonna be a tram driver and make people fall out of their seats. Yes.

JoY
11-14-2005, 11:25 AM
ur so Ivil, lolz. <3

I should check out your trams & trolleybusses some time. ;]

The_Hombre
11-14-2005, 11:26 AM
You mean The Big Papple is an actual place? haha I thought it just you taking the piss out of NYC.

Sorry for basically dissing your place of residence.

the_GoDdEsS
Pfft, the Big Papple is not NYC.

Muaha, I agree, Bellabunnies <3.

kami_mathieu
Sim, haven't you learned -anything- from your trip to Amsterdam? haha, my exboyfriend once fell out of his seat in the tram, because the driver was racing like cuhrazey. plus, not all of our tramrails are smoothly attached to one another.

seriously?! but I thought they just made an entire new trolleybusstation at the Central Station??

true, but they are removing the tracks from the entire sonsbeek park aria. (and this is where I used the trolleybus most)

JoY
11-14-2005, 11:27 AM
Ste -no, you just don't get my location. that's alright, it's an inside joke anyway. let's just say Amsterdam has metros & subways. (there's a difference here. some metros go through & over the city)

JoY
11-14-2005, 11:28 AM
true, but they are removing the tracks from the entire sonsbeek park aria. (and this is where I used the trolleybus most)
but.. but.. they're so environment friendly! not to mention unique in the Netherlands.

The_Hombre
11-14-2005, 11:30 AM
I must go there. If not for the totally excellent coffee facilities then for the totally excellent transport facilities.

JoY
11-14-2005, 11:34 AM
are you talking coffeeshops (in which case you mean 'coffee'), or coffeeplaces (in which case you actually mean coffee)?

kami_mathieu
11-14-2005, 11:35 AM
I must go there. If not for the totally excellent coffee facilities then for the totally excellent transport facilities.

make shure that when you visit you dont miss out on "de wallen", go to a dutch festival like lowlands (dutch festivals rule), enjoy all kinds of legal (sort of legal) drugs and alchohol from 16 years +.

The_Hombre
11-14-2005, 11:42 AM
are you talking coffeeshops (in which case you mean 'coffee'), or coffeeplaces (in which case you actually mean coffee)?

I meant 'coffee'.

make shure that when you visit you dont miss out on "de wallen", go to a dutch festival like lowlands (dutch festivals rule), enjoy all kinds of legal (sort of legal) drugs and alchohol from 16 years +.

Who needs a book on the Netherlands? Just ask on the BBS - I'm pretty sure I can plan a whole trip around Europe with the information I have been given on this forum so far :)

kami_mathieu
11-14-2005, 11:46 AM
I meant 'coffee'.

Who needs a book on the Netherlands? Just ask on the BBS - I'm pretty sure I can plan a whole trip around Europe with the information I have been given on this forum so far :)

talking about books on the dutch, who has read the book the undutchables? (those who havent should give it a try) its a real laugh about funny dutch habits, written by an american who moved to holland. it realy puts a mirror on you as a dutchy.

Tijs
11-14-2005, 11:46 AM
My school is right next to the prostitutes, if I walk a slightly different, equally long route, I walk by them. It's just one street away.
And I don't really like trolleybusses, they keep making that same high tone noise when they accelerate. wzzeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieewwwwwww.

JoY
11-14-2005, 11:47 AM
Ste -I'm pretty sure about that too. *grins* though I wouldn't exactly make the perfect date to take out to the Red Light District. or to do drugs with, for that matter. but I can point you out about anything & everything here.

bd007h
11-14-2005, 11:51 AM
this would make for some good wrestling matchups

kami_mathieu
11-14-2005, 11:52 AM
tijs,

I know some people in nijmegen, and my mother works in the valkhof museum, where in nijmegen do you live?

igniton/pyro
11-14-2005, 11:54 AM
Since im usualy too lazy to start a thread, I decided to force myself to make one this time. forgive me for the lameness of it, I didnt take mutch time to think up a subject.

ninthlayer vs tunb.
tunb
wcm vs tom

JoY
11-14-2005, 11:55 AM
tunb
wcm vs tom
that isn't even a comparison.

The_Hombre
11-14-2005, 11:56 AM
wzzeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieewwwwwww.

That's like the sound the lift makes to go up to my mate's apartment. It starts making a mad accelerating sound on the 8th floor and there's only 9 floors in the building. It's like Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator, I keep thinking we're going to go through the roof!

kami_mathieu
11-14-2005, 12:00 PM
That's like the sound the lift makes to go up to my mate's apartment. It starts making a mad accelerating sound on the 8th floor and there's only 9 floors in the building. It's like Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator, I keep thinking we're going to go through the roof!

considering that I know what a trolleybus sounds like, I can imagine what wzzeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieewwwwwww sounds like. but knowing that you have never been in one, how do you know what wzzeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieewwwwwww sounds like?

JoY
11-14-2005, 12:04 PM
heehee, I love that story. always makes my imagination run wild in elevators. that, & Aerosmith's 'Love in an Elevator'.

The_Hombre
11-14-2005, 12:20 PM
heehee, I love that story. always makes my imagination run wild ...Aerosmith's 'Love in an Elevator'.

I'd only do it if the lift broke down, not while in motion - there would never be enough time. *dreamily* probably time for a quick feel up

ANYway what were we talking about... oh yes...

how do you know what wzzeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieewwwwwww sounds like?

That's the closest word I have seen to describe the sound of the Lift Of Doom. It's probably not the exact sound.

RedXIII
11-14-2005, 12:21 PM
Trollybuses.................how equally unappealing.

JoY
11-14-2005, 12:22 PM
like you'd know.

RedXIII
11-14-2005, 12:23 PM
like you'd know.
It's an opinion.

The_Hombre
11-14-2005, 12:25 PM

It's just the term - Trollybus.

I just can't stop thinking of a bus with all the drivability of a shopping trolley, whizzing around Amsterdam at breakneck speeds.

I wouldn't say they were unappealing, but the name make them sound unappealing.

JoY
11-14-2005, 12:26 PM
It's an opinion.
based on nothing at all, but the sound of a word.

ninthlayer
11-14-2005, 01:23 PM
Minion vs. pyro
self_esteem

White Goodman
11-14-2005, 01:25 PM
Me vs. Notoriousdoc

I've gotta win this one

ninthlayer
11-14-2005, 01:53 PM
Neither of you.

Tijs
11-14-2005, 02:28 PM
tijs,

I know some people in nijmegen, and my mother works in the valkhof museum, where in nijmegen do you live?
I live near the center. Valkhof Museum has some interesting stuff, only been there twice though, both school trips so I didn't really take it seriously, I might go there again sometime.

Joy, btw, if you read this, I'm going to Amsterdam this Friday, spending quite a lot of money on clothing with my sister. Are there any stores you can recommend me for 'normal' clothing? As in, not punkrawk, sk8er or 666?

memento
11-14-2005, 02:30 PM
Me vs. Notoriousdoc

I've gotta win this one

Not doc, higher IQ.

RXP vs. Memento.

Tizzalicious
11-15-2005, 12:16 AM
This game sure worked out the way it was meant to be.

I have a few opinions though.

I hate buses, they make me sick. Trolley busses do too.

WCM vs TOM, wtf? What kind of question is that?

RXP vs Memento? RXP. Namechanges are gay.

And this thread is lame.

ninthlayer
11-15-2005, 01:15 AM
INTERGALACTIC planetary.

Vera
11-15-2005, 01:30 AM
... Ninth without booze vs. Ninth with booze (and possible toga)

ninthlayer
11-15-2005, 01:33 AM
Mixing liquors?!#%

Vera
11-15-2005, 01:34 AM
Indeed. ;]

ninthlayer
11-15-2005, 01:35 AM
Same menu as last night:

Zinfandel/Vodka/Hard Cider

Vera
11-15-2005, 01:39 AM
Drink! Drink! Drink!

Ahem.

Tizzalicious
11-15-2005, 01:51 AM
Joy, btw, if you read this, I'm going to Amsterdam this Friday, spending quite a lot of money on clothing with my sister. Are there any stores you can recommend me for 'normal' clothing? As in, not punkrawk, sk8er or 666?

I can!

Berschka maybe. I was gonna say Zara, and get all excited, but then I realised you might have it in Nijmegen. We don't have it in Utrecht though. But Arnhem does, so hmm.

ninthlayer
11-15-2005, 02:00 AM
I don't hear studying going on TIZZ!
TIZZSTER~
OMGZ FRAT BOYS!

ninthlayer
11-15-2005, 02:12 AM
Two very dashing gentlemen, Thomas Hargreaves Geddes and Eugene Desnoes form Desnoes & Geddes Company Limited. The company makes extremely delicious and popular sodas as well as distributes imported liquors.

Desnoes and Geddes open the Surrey Brewery on Pechon Street in the heart of downtown Kingston. It is a very happy time!

The first Red Stripe Beer is brewed! This is an ale-like version, rich and flavorful.

The light, golden, tasty Red Stripe we enjoy today is brewed by Paul Geddes and Bill Martindale. And the beautiful Jamaicans dance in the streets.

Red Stripe has become so successful that the outraged British government, with its English beer, unable to compete with the excellent and inexpensive Red Stripe, levies an excise tax on the local beer and other goods. Envy is very, very ugly.

World War II brings large numbers of Canadian and American troops to Jamaica. And when the boys finally settle into island life, Red Stripe sales skyrocket into beautiful Jamaican clouds.

By now, Peter Desnoes and Paul Geddes, progeny of the founders, take over the family business. Like their dear fathers, they, too, have gigantic and fantastic dreams. Gambling everything, they buy some land and begin construction of a plant. Soon, the old Surrey Brewery on Pechon Street is closed down and the new and very modern plant at Huntís Bay goes fully operational. This is the start of something very, very big.

Jamaica gains independence from Britain. Many Red Stripe beers are consumed.

Desnoes & Geddes becomes a public company. By now, the almighty company has grown a bit larger.

Desnoes & Geddes becomes part of the Guinness Brewing Worldwide (now DIAGEO) to distribute Red Stripe goodness all over the world.

One of the fastest growing beers in the U.S., Red Stripe beer is found in excellent shops and bars all over the country. (If you donít see it, donít keep it to yourself. Ask for it!)

Red Stripe and Jamaica are getting increased international exposure. Hooray international!

The very magnificent Ambassador is our proud Red Stripe advertising spokesman. He is also from Jamaica.

Tizzalicious
11-15-2005, 02:19 AM
I don't hear studying going on TIZZ!
TIZZSTER~
OMGZ FRAT BOYS!

Oooh fuck you. BBS procrastinating > BBS sects.

ninthlayer
11-15-2005, 02:20 AM
I hope that you read my Red Stripe story that I copy/pasted from their website.

Oh nos, stomach ache... I'm such a girl.

Tizzalicious
11-15-2005, 02:22 AM
I didn't, I had no idea what it was about, we don't have Red Stripe over here.

ninthlayer
11-15-2005, 02:23 AM
THe niggers on JAMAICA make red stripe LAGER!@#%@ $y
HJYVJ IOHNK 35Y TGB OJ, 5 2 08YOUBJ 4T6

JoY
11-15-2005, 02:34 AM
hahaha, I don't buy punkrawk, sk8er, 666 clothing, you know. I used to, but in normal shops. I hated to cheap ass shops, because the clothing always smelled like someone else had already died in the outfit.

anyway... H&M. cheap & pretty okay. quality sometimes sucks & most of the times it's not exactly what you're looking for (I'm precise), but it always somehow works.

I think there's a boy's department at Zara. I love Zara. Zara is the bomb.

WE, or however the manly version is called. I hate it, don't ever go there, but I know top notch people who love the place. plus, it's cheap-ass.

I'll tell you the route you need to walk;
King's Square (Koningsplein) -> Kalverstraat -> go to the right in the direction of the Munt for the Kalvertoren (lots of shops there), then turn around & walk through the Kalverstraat in the other direction, which is to the Dam. lots of stores on the left & right of you -> Dam (palace, monument, expensive Bijenkorf) -> Nieuwe Dijk. the Nieuwe Dijk leads to the Central Station & has all kinds of cheap shops. tourists shops, whorish shops, but also a HEMA (which is also in the Kalvertoren, but nevermind), a H&M (also in the Kalvertoren) & lots of things where you can snack. I suppose that's everywhere too. but somehow I likey the Nieuwe Dijk.

hope this was remotely helpful.

Tizzalicious
11-15-2005, 02:38 AM
I think he was asking for his sister, that's why I sent him to Berschka =P

JoY
11-15-2005, 02:40 AM
ooooh. *slaps forehead* Berschka, that's in the Nieuwe Dijk, so if you're there anyway....

Tizzalicious
11-15-2005, 02:41 AM
I love how he called it "666" by the way. I think I'm gonna keep using that.

Tijs
11-15-2005, 03:02 AM
Thanks Joy and Tizz. I was asking for both my sister and me, we're going together.

Berschka, Zara, H&M are noted.

I don't think we have a Zara in Nijmegen, but then again, I'm not really aware of the clothing-shops in Nijmegen, or anywhere at all.
I just need to buy some new clothes like trousers sweaters and stuff like that.

Tizzalicious
11-15-2005, 03:04 AM
I'd definitely go to H&M for guy stuff. I like H&M's guy stuff. I think you would too.

Oh, but make sure it's one with Divided, I don't think the non-Divided stuff is your thing at all.

HeadAroundU
11-15-2005, 06:26 AM
HeadAroundU or Trippy

This is fight for life!

Back in Black
11-15-2005, 06:28 AM
trippy

wishomie or Back in black

HeadAroundU
11-15-2005, 06:39 AM
trippy

wishomie or Back in black
DIE!!!

wishomie for sure!

Back in Black
11-15-2005, 07:36 AM
DIE!!!

wishomie for sure!
I am wishomie.

memento
11-15-2005, 07:50 AM
LOL same person. jokes.

The_Hombre
11-15-2005, 08:13 AM
I am wishomie.

you're so clever.

Lammat
11-15-2005, 08:29 AM
I'd definitely go to H&M for guy stuff. I like H&M's guy stuff. I think you would too.

Oh, but make sure it's one with Divided, I don't think the non-Divided stuff is your thing at all.

I sometimes go to H&M for clothes, they have very good prices.

kami_mathieu
11-15-2005, 08:32 AM

H&M is the best shop in the world, it has al lot of cool stuff. when I go shopping I usualy go straight to H&M, buy my clothes, and go home. I dont even check the clothes in other stores.

Trippy
11-15-2005, 08:47 AM
HeadAroundU or EROS.

Back in Black
11-15-2005, 09:31 AM
you're so clever.

Thank you.

HeadAroundU
11-15-2005, 11:17 AM
HeadAroundU or EROS.
Leave gods alone!
allright?