PDA

View Full Version : Arrested Development Cancellation

Jebus
11-16-2005, 10:59 PM
We all knew it was coming, but alas, it happened too soon.
http://www.hecklerspray.com/hecklerspray/2005/11/foxs_arrested_d.html
Please take the time sign that petition even though it probably won't help.

EDIT: Mods, move the thread to general Chat. I didn't realize I was in Other Bands when I made this.

Endymion
11-16-2005, 11:13 PM
yeah, i've seen that coming for a while. i'm surprised it made it think long.

i've got a good feeling that someone else will pick it up. maybe hbo. arrested development is as good as curb your enthusiasm. if they are picked up by hbo i really hope they continue with the creative uses of bleeps though rather than just either cut out bleep gags or let profanity fly.

and check it out, simpsons is on for another season!

Vera
11-17-2005, 04:06 AM
and check it out, simpsons is on for another season!
SHOCK.

;p

nieh
11-17-2005, 04:15 AM
I thought this was a post about the band Arrested Development. I used to love those guys.

coke_a_holic
11-17-2005, 11:56 AM
I used watch it much more than I do now because they moved it from Sunday to either Monday or Tuesday (I don't remember, both days have busy schedules for me/my family). They shouldn't have changed the scheduling, it was in a perfect time slot for plenty of viewers.

0r4ng3
11-17-2005, 02:35 PM
I don't watch a lot of TV, but I know that show will be dearly missed.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
11-17-2005, 02:39 PM
When a movie like Alien vs. Predator is handed to Anderson you already know Fox is fucked beyond belief, cancelling Arrested Development is just icing on the cake. Seriously, Fox has historically been run by crackhead schedule managers who can't ever see a good show till it comes back to bite them on the arse. Look at Firefly.

Edit; So Family Guy, Stacked, The Simpsons, American Dad, The War at Home, Nanny 911 ect. get to continue their waste of network slots and Arrested Development gets cancelled? Heres hoping the fans of Arrested Development are as passionate as those who brought Family Guy back.

0r4ng3
11-17-2005, 02:40 PM
Fox also cancelled Futurama. Seriously, what's their deal?

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
11-17-2005, 02:44 PM
Like i said, "Fox has historically been run by crackhead schedule managers who can't ever see a good show till it comes back to bite them on the arse"

Vera
11-18-2005, 02:15 AM
The Simpsons is good stuff but it's also the kind of stuff that's easy to get into, easy to enjoy and it really grows on you. It's also something both me and my little brother, who's 8 years old, enjoy and even though we usually laugh at the different things, we can still watch it together. It appeals to both kids AND adults. Perfect, eh.

Same with Family Guy, I guess, though it also has that amazing college-attending audience who know every episode by heart.

I understand why these shows are on.

What Fox's problem is that it doesn't give new shows a chance anymore. Often shows don't find their audiences immediately. Take Kitchen Confidential, a perfectly funny (though different type of funny than AD) show that was on either after or before AD. Three episodes aired. And they cancel it. Fucking assfaces.

Or with AD, where the audience found it, then probably lost it (time slot changes etc), it won Emmies, but fuck it, let's just cancel it. :/

Hopefully KC will be on FX and AD will also get transferred there or HBO.

Drummerguy123
11-18-2005, 05:11 AM
Areested Development was one of my favorite shows. It's use of both slapstick and subtle humor was pure genius. I guess today's society will only find a joke funny if it's a fart joke or if there is a laugh track to tell them that it's funny. People are morons.

Back in Black
11-18-2005, 05:48 AM
HAHAHA. That show sucks anyways.

Jebus
11-18-2005, 07:47 AM
Everytime I see Back in Black in the "last post" section of a thread , I think, "Yay, Paint it Black posted something" but I soon end up in disapointment after discovering that their similar names decieved my mind.
---
As for what Vera said, I agree 100%, especially with the time slot changes. The reason why I missed the last few episodes was because I thought Fox was still showing baseball so I didn't watch tv that week. I never knew when it was coming back.

Endymion
11-18-2005, 09:56 AM
fox seems not to understand that if they put a show on, keep it in the same time slot, don't randomly not air it some weeks, and keep it at a full order--it will get viewers if it's good. they don't even have to heavily promote it or something, just don't change it's time slot, don't randomly go "yeah, we're not going to air AD for a couple months, so you guys have eight less episodes than we originally ordered". they fucked firefly over even worse, at least they aired AD in order.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
11-18-2005, 01:51 PM
I recorded about 7 episodes of that show.

Offspring-Fanatic
11-18-2005, 01:57 PM
We all knew it was coming, but alas, it happened too soon.
http://www.hecklerspray.com/hecklerspray/2005/11/foxs_arrested_d.html
Please take the time sign that petition even though it probably won't help.

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arrested Development is THE GREATEST SHOW EVER!!!!!!!!!

Offspring-Fanatic
11-18-2005, 01:58 PM
Areested Development was one of my favorite shows. It's use of both slapstick and subtle humor was pure genius. I guess today's society will only find a joke funny if it's a fart joke or if there is a laugh track to tell them that it's funny. People are morons.

Ha ha ha I like you even more now!!!

(In a friendly way)

Offspring-Fanatic
11-18-2005, 02:00 PM
IF YOU LOVE (OR EVEN LIKE) Arrested Development THEN WHO CARES IF I HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH YOU BEFORE......

I LOVE YOU!

even you too [Warning] Nimrod in Town!!

China Boy
11-18-2005, 02:18 PM
Oh no!
The absence of Buster will totally ruin my life.

EDIT: Yay, Offspring-Fanatic loves me

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
11-18-2005, 02:20 PM
IF YOU LOVE (OR EVEN LIKE) Arrested Development THEN WHO CARES IF I HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH YOU BEFORE......

I LOVE YOU!

even you too [Warning] Nimrod in Town!!

Shut up .

Offspring-Fanatic
11-18-2005, 02:22 PM
Oh no!
The absence of Buster will totally ruin my life.

EDIT: Yay, Offspring-Fanatic loves me

IT'S MY POP SECRET!!!

last season...eh? anyone remember that?

I miss Tobias having blue paint behind his ears and stuff.....

Offspring-Fanatic
11-18-2005, 02:25 PM
Nimrod In Town']Shut up .

oh.......i was being nice!

Endymion
11-18-2005, 02:26 PM
calm way the fuck down, Offspring-Fanatic.

on an unrelated note, i think i'll watch Amigos! from the second season which i have on dvd.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
11-18-2005, 02:27 PM
calm way the fuck down, Offspring-Fanatic.

on an unrelated note, i think i'll watch Amigo! from the second season which i have on dvd.

Amigo! is awesome! I sometimes find it interesting, i sometimes die of boredom, but it's pretty good.

Offspring-Fanatic
11-18-2005, 02:28 PM
yeah i should but im just happy to know there are other AD fans on here! :D :D :D

Endymion
11-18-2005, 02:47 PM
yeah i should but im just happy to know there are other AD fans on here! :D :D :D
i was whoring the show to the board all through its first season. i had mr. bananagrabber as an avatar for a year.

Offspring-Fanatic
11-18-2005, 03:01 PM
i've seen 2nd season and up. i think. i may have seen them all. but thats pretty awesome what you did i must admit.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
11-18-2005, 03:02 PM
i've seen 2nd season and up. i think. i may have seen them all. but thats pretty awesome what you did i must admit.

GOD! CHANGE YOUR GOD-DAMN AVATAR!

Apathy
11-18-2005, 03:13 PM
thank god, I freaking hate arrested development.

No offense to all you people who like it I guess, but it was just never funny to me.

Offspring-Fanatic
11-18-2005, 03:17 PM
Nimrod In Town']GOD! CHANGE YOUR GOD-DAMN AVATAR!

fine...geez i never knew it bothered people

Offspring-Fanatic
11-18-2005, 03:19 PM
No offense to all you people who like it I guess, but it was just never funny to me.

yeah first couple times i saw it i hated it, but you really have to keep watching to understand it. then it's fabulous.

there you go WNIT. I went back to my original avatar

Homer
11-18-2005, 03:51 PM
NNNOOOOOOOO!!!! God damnit, that was quickly becoming my favorite show (even above Conan). I mean, why is it when FOX gets a good show going, they always just say "Fuck it." and air The Simpsons 8 times a day? Well, atleast it's good that they're not FULLY canceling it, but it still sucks ass.

Jebus
11-18-2005, 04:35 PM
hmm...I might go as far as actually buying season 2 in order to support the show. Whether the dvd sales help or not, it'll still probably be worth it. If it does get cancel, AD might pull a family guyand return because of the dvd sales.

Endymion
11-18-2005, 04:39 PM
just curious, what sort of thing do you find funny?

and i recently heard that Showtime was looking at picking it up.

Jebus
11-18-2005, 04:53 PM
Hopefully, it will be Showtime seeing how I don't get HBO. I'll have to rely on torrents if it goes to HBO.

Jebus
04-03-2006, 10:09 PM
I need a hug.
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117940467?categoryid=14&cs=1

StayInTheHouseCarl
04-03-2006, 11:34 PM
i could really go for a hot ding dong right now.

Vera
04-04-2006, 01:19 AM
I hope, I really really hope this doesn't mean a downhill for the show. Though I kind of know it will. :/

Andy
04-04-2006, 01:32 AM
Four seasons? Hey, it's ok for us Brits - we've got another two seasons to look forward to.

Vera
04-04-2006, 01:34 AM
Finland is showing the 2nd season. But I'm not a Britfag who can't download, so...

Andy
04-04-2006, 01:38 AM
Touché, touché.

Andy
04-04-2006, 01:45 AM
HOWEVER, it does mean that when the next series' get played on tv I wont
be watching stuff I've seen before. So in a kind of twisted logic way....I win.

That and I honestly can't get Bit Torrent to work. I deserve all the Britfag comments I get :(

EDIT: Shit, apologies for the double posting. Gah.

Vera
04-04-2006, 07:35 AM
Mitch Hurwitz has made a huge mistake.

Endymion
04-04-2006, 09:18 AM
even my dad can use bittorrent.

and hopefully they don't try to go ahead with another season without mitch.

Andy
04-04-2006, 09:19 AM
even my dad can use bittorrent.
It never connects :mad: Stupid thing.

Jebus
04-04-2006, 02:36 PM
Andy, are you using a router?

Hopefully, the show Mitch is working on will be good.

Vera
11-16-2006, 03:01 AM
So today I was watching a Korean drama show and this girl in it goes "Annyong." and this other girl replies, "Annyong."

IT WAS AWESOME.