PDA

View Full Version : Anyone sleep with stuffed animals?

endlesst0m
11-17-2005, 09:04 PM
my mom still tucks me in...but she doesn't read me stories anymore...i've so moved on from that.

Mota Boy
11-17-2005, 09:12 PM
Pseudozoophilia? You are one sick fuck.

T-6005
11-17-2005, 09:13 PM
With some apparently necrophiliac aspects to it.

endlesst0m
11-17-2005, 09:15 PM
oh believe me, i wrote the book on Pseudozoophilia..and dedicated it to YOU!

Sunny
11-17-2005, 11:01 PM
hahah.

seriously though, i do. i sleep with a doll named uglyface. it wears a shirt that says "hug me". i also sleep with my tiiiny baby blanket. i'm kinda like Linus, i guess.

:z

Rag Doll
11-17-2005, 11:05 PM
i have a stuffed bear, a stuffed dog (it was my mom's when she was little), and an eeyore on my bed. i highly dislike sleeping without something to cuddle. =\

Mota Boy
11-17-2005, 11:13 PM
I used to have this awesome blanket as a baby... then my mom ripped it up to use it as a washrag. For years I'd still occasionally wander into the basement washroom and hold one of the scraps for a bit.

I also had a stuffed Felix cat when I was a lot younger that I tried to be "friends" with once because I was big into Calvin and Hobbes as a kid and that seemed like the thing to do. I remember that experiment lasted a day before I started to feel silly.

Then, in third grade, after one of my friends died of cancer, his parents gave away some of his belongings at school to get rid of them, and I took a stuffed dragon that he apparently liked a lot. I slept with that for a bit over the next couple years because... I don't know. I guess because I felt like, in some tiny way, I was helping him live on. I didn't want to take his toy only to stuff it into my sock drawer and forget about it.

Sunny
11-17-2005, 11:15 PM
i highly dislike sleeping without something to cuddle. =\

i'm the same way.. bah. and ugh this reminds me of this thing charlie does.. he needs stuff to cuddle too, but apparently i'm too small to provide adequate cuddling comfort, so he puts a huge pillow on top of me. and cuddles with that. aaand of course i get half suffocated in the process. :[

woe.

SkunkIt
11-17-2005, 11:15 PM
I have a doll and a stuffed dolphin on my bed.

Rag Doll
11-17-2005, 11:18 PM
ohmy, Mota Boy's post has me all sniffling and teary eyed.

and sleeping with cuddlers...arghh. two of my closest friends are cuddlers...and on chorus trips, we'd all share a bed...and i'd be stuck in the middle. normally, being underneath 2 hot girls is awesome....but not when you're gasping for air at 3am and neither one of them will fucking move. </end rant>

Sunny
11-17-2005, 11:21 PM
hahah, yeah, the hotness factor becomes really unimportant when you're slowly turning blue. =/

endlesst0m
11-17-2005, 11:46 PM
i had a stuffed animal that was very important to me once. his name was "Bear". he wasn't called that because i could'nt think of a name, but because even at a young age i found comical value in calling him something so stupid. i used to sleep with him every night. when i would cry i would hug him, because i didn't feel like i had anyone else to talk to. i know im making myself out to sound like a wuss here, but me and Bear, we were tight. I understood him, and he understood me. if anyone fuck's with Bear or tries to throw him away, i'll rip thier heart out.and throw it out, i won't donate it.

Betty
11-18-2005, 12:33 AM
My thing used to be Mighty Star...

http://www.marysspidersweb.com/Page100_pict02027.jpeg

He looked like that guy but different colours and was a lion-type thing not a bunny-type thing so had lion ears and a tail.

One time I was riding with my dad on a riding lawn mover and dropped him and my dad ran it over and I was devastated. All there was left was shredded fabric and fluff. I tried to put it in the dryer to fix it, so my mom tells me. But they got me another one which eventually became just as ratty.

And on the topic of sad childhood memories, my brother used to have a stuffed dog and on a car trip my sister accidentally let it go out the window. We were on the highway and went back to look for it but never found it.

I don't sleep with any stuffed animals, although I do miss snuggling every night.

Nina
11-18-2005, 12:46 AM
There is a teddy bear in the corner of my bed. My ex boyfriend gave it to me. I really like this teddy bear, it's cute and soft.
Too many stuffed animals in bed are kinda uncomfortable.

the_GoDdEsS
11-18-2005, 01:37 AM
I liked stuff animals as a kid but never slept with any of them. I cuddle my pillows and bedsheets. They're huggable.

Izie
11-18-2005, 04:09 AM
Pillows, please.

I used to sleep with a stuffed duck called Kornelije, but yeah, that thing is home now and I have pillows here which are bigger and cuddler so whatever.

I prefer cuddling people though.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-18-2005, 04:11 AM
Does sleeping with someone count?

beautifulnightmare
11-18-2005, 04:18 AM
i cuddle with my pillows and blankets.I was never into cuddling with stuffed animals when i was younger cuz i'd get pissed when they fell out my hand and land on the floor-.-'

Telekinesis
11-18-2005, 04:39 AM
Oh my god! I love my teddies so much! right know I've been sleeping with Selma (the stuffed toy dog),Dan (the stuffed toy dog) Lamby (the stuffed toy lamb),Snoopy (a stuffed toy Snoopy animal I got in Japan) and Gi Gi (a little stuffed toy cat which is Gi gi from the japanese anime of Kiki's Magic Delivery, i also got that in japan, but a diffrent time that i went) I hope i haven't forgot any of them coz they'll be sad :( well yes I love my teddy bears so much and I love to snuggle them at night when I'm cold or sad. I wuv my teddy bears! :)

Swill
11-18-2005, 05:14 AM
I sleep with a sonic the hedgehog teddy!
________
Vapir no2 review (http://vaporizers.net)

Kitten
11-18-2005, 05:53 AM
I used to have a dream dragon, but he disappeared one night and I haven't been able to find him since. Then again, I kick and thrash in my sleep so much, something to hug would be gone half way through the night.

Back in Black
11-18-2005, 07:13 AM
my mom still tucks me in...but she doesn't read me stories anymore...i've so moved on from that.
Thats nice. Maybe next week you won't need to sleep with a night light.

JoY
11-18-2005, 07:49 AM
I have loads of leopard-pillows & a stuffed white jaguar in Amsterdam.

at my parents' I have this supercuddly teddy bear called Bob, a Paddington bear with his red little coat & blue hat, a monkey & a fox. yeah, I need more to cuddle at my parents', because there I'm without my cuddly boyfriend.

Lammat
11-18-2005, 09:29 AM
Sometimes, I sleep with the t-shirt of my gf.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-18-2005, 09:36 AM
o...k then .

Lammat
11-18-2005, 09:38 AM
Something wrong with it? She often forgets it :p

Sunny
11-18-2005, 11:19 AM

i do that too. aaaw.

PinkRoxMySox92
11-18-2005, 11:26 AM
I love stuffed animals. I have at millions of them on my bed but I don't exactly hug them in my arms when I sleep if that's what you mean.

Preocupado
11-18-2005, 11:26 AM
i don't feel much comfortable with a girl that has stuffed animals at her bed. it gives me the impression that the girl is too emotionally dependant and will, somehow, try to lock me up in a relationship.

Lammat
11-18-2005, 11:27 AM
i do that too. aaaw.

It's cool cuz I can smell her :)

Amanda
11-18-2005, 11:30 AM
I used to sleep with Garfield. God that came out weird...

PinkRoxMySox92
11-18-2005, 11:30 AM
i don't feel much comfortable with a girl that has stuffed animals at her bed. it gives me the impression that the girl is too emotionally dependant and will, somehow, try to lock me up in a relationship.
That's odd. I grew up with stuffed animals on my bed my whole life. The crib, the tent on camping trips, the bed in hotels, it just became like a normal part of life for me because my parents started me on it.

the_GoDdEsS
11-18-2005, 11:34 AM

Chicks with 4564564654 stuffed animals in their beds creep me out in a lame way. I know it's a personal thing, I just find it ugh.

Sunny
11-18-2005, 11:37 AM

pshh, fear of commitment much? =p

anyway, speaking of impressions people get when they see my bed.. there's stuffed animals and my blankie and stuff... and red leather wrist restraints attached to the headboard. it's like... WTF! talk about mixed messages!

Preocupado
11-18-2005, 11:42 AM
if i saw a bedroom full of stuffed animals i'd be as tight and inaccessible as i could ever be. the "hugging pillows and sheets" thing is a bit more to the sexy department, but still something i wouldn't want to know before hooking up.

Sunny
11-18-2005, 11:46 AM
i guess i just don't get it. if a guy would reject me based on what i sleep with, he probably wouldn't be someone i'd want to hook up with anyway.

JohnnyNemesis
11-18-2005, 11:52 AM
I don't actually sleep wth my stuffed animals (I prefer a good pillow to cuddle, cause I can't sleep without cuddling something), but I still have and treasure some. I had a stuffed dog named Wrinkles that I never let go from age 2-11, but my Momma got rid of him because she said I was way too dependent on him. He was missing his tongue, his shirt, one eyeball was hanging out of its socket, and his nose was filthy and the cotton was leaking out of it. I miss him dearly. She should have just kept him in hiding so that I could have him now!

As far as all that emotional attachment stuff goes, girls kinda melt when they see Opus and "Racoon the Rabbit" (aka LilRabbit, aka Ricky Rabbit) when they come visit me in my room here. So yeah, that's kind of a good thing.

Here are pictures of them in my room:

Opus:
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a250/RickStallion/Miscellaneous/Opus.jpg

The Rabbit:

http://tinypic.com/fuxkw9.jpg

Punky Dudess
11-18-2005, 11:53 AM
I'm guilty of sleeping with a gang of five Flat Eric animals at the end of my bed. But they're so cute, i can't imagine my bed without them.

Preocupado
11-18-2005, 11:56 AM
you know, my personal thing is that i don't like much cuddling and hugging. I like a more secure and "loose" girl, so i get bored and the sex appeal vanishes.

but it's not a matter of REJECTING right away. I mean, i KNOW that most women find that comforting.

even when they're happy

Nirushika6789
11-18-2005, 12:00 PM
^those are so cute

when i was younger i had a big dog teddy bear called Patch...i had him since i was born and i still do...he looked just like my dog Patch hence his name

i used to take him to bed, holidays,...everywhere...there wasnt one place i would go without him

now i have him sitting on my other bed in my room...

i also have another dog teddy called Lucky...who looks like my other dog hence her name

those 2 are my favourites because they have a meaning behind them

Patch
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/satcheson/bcc6cc5d.jpg
Patch With Lucky
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/satcheson/f6b36abd.jpg

PS i had those clothes on Patch for a long time and just havent bothered taking them off and i dont take them to bed anymore...

Sunny
11-18-2005, 12:02 PM
i'm exactly the opposite. i love when people can't get their hands off of me. i don't think it's a sign of insecurity, i'm just a very.. physical person, i guess.. and physical contact is immensely important to me. you mentioned sex appeal.. to me it disappears like *poof* if the guy is very "separate" .

Preocupado
11-18-2005, 12:14 PM
mmmmhm, but listen to this: there's that "soft body" thing when your physical contact flows almost unoticed because is so natural to you and that's smooth and arousing. don't know if you understand what i mean.

And then, there's the "aww, cuddling, plz hug me tight, hold me cuz if you don't, i'll fall flat" thing. THIS is the boring one.

Sunny
11-18-2005, 12:15 PM
yeah, that makes sense.. the latter can definitely get annoying.

the_GoDdEsS
11-18-2005, 12:20 PM
mmmmhm, but listen to this: there's that "soft body" thing when your physical contact flows almost unoticed because is so natural to you and that's smooth and arousing. don't know if you understand what i mean.

Oh my God, YES!

Preocupado
11-18-2005, 12:26 PM
YES and, in addition, neck. neck is good.

the_GoDdEsS
11-18-2005, 12:36 PM
Neck.is.brilliant!

JohnnyNemesis
11-18-2005, 12:40 PM
i love when people can't get their hands off of me. i don't think it's a sign of insecurity, i'm just a very.. physical person, i guess.. and physical contact is immensely important to me. you mentioned sex appeal.. to me it disappears like *poof* if the guy is very "separate" .

This is the perfect description of me, and I'm not trying to be silly or flirtacious or anything this time either. You described how I am in relationships perfectly, which is quite impressive.

Rag Doll
11-18-2005, 12:42 PM
i'm exactly the opposite. i love when people can't get their hands off of me. i don't think it's a sign of insecurity, i'm just a very.. physical person, i guess.. and physical contact is immensely important to me. you mentioned sex appeal.. to me it disappears like *poof* if the guy is very "separate" .

I'm the same way. I could never have a relationship with someone that WASN'T a very physical person. I love being cuddled and held and stuff...being physically & emotionally close is totally totally awesome.

Mentally_Challenged
11-18-2005, 02:16 PM
I have a sheep. It's brilliant...

I used to have a little rabbit (Strangely enough, called 'Little Bun'), until I was about 11. Then it just lost every trace of stuffing, which was a bit of a bummer, considering i'd had it since I was about...well, born. =(

Sinister
11-18-2005, 02:22 PM
I gave all my stuffed animals (yellow rabbit, green elephant and a few others) to my sis as a "welcome to the world" present five years ago.

JoY
11-18-2005, 06:16 PM
It's cool cuz I can smell her :)
I do the same with my boyfriend's pillow, even though it's teh uncomfortable, I can't sleep without it, because it smells like Huibie. <3

sappy much??

_ߥ_vil_
11-18-2005, 06:22 PM
I have two teddies that my boyf bought me for x-mas and my b-day last year. But sometimes I cuddle my cover. Wierd.

dalaksta
11-18-2005, 07:43 PM
nope i dont sleep w/stuffed animals

endlesst0m
11-18-2005, 09:06 PM
you know, my personal thing is that i don't like much cuddling and hugging. I like a more secure and "loose" girl, so i get bored and the sex appeal vanishes.

but it's not a matter of REJECTING right away. I mean, i KNOW that most women find that comforting.

even when they're happy

i'm interested in how psychologically all you guys looked at this question. hahaha. you're making some good points though...

Oh yeah i forgot to mention...i dunno if i'm alone with this, but did anyone else start to treat your favorite stuffed animal with so much care, that it was almost as if you felt like it had real feelings?In my case i wouldn't leave the room unless "Bear" was in a comfortable position. Most people just sit thier stuffed animal upright, but i thought...man if i had to just sit upright all day, i would really start to cramp up...so i would always make sure i leaned him comfortably against the pillow, so that he could relax all day.

lol i know im insane or something, i mean i didn't really realize how strange it was at the time, but looking back, i think i subconsiously felt attached enough to Bear to make sure he was in a physically comfortable spot for the day.

Nina
11-19-2005, 02:29 PM
I'm the same way. I could never have a relationship with someone that WASN'T a very physical person. I love being cuddled and held and stuff...being physically & emotionally close is totally totally awesome.

completely seconded.

uvutuy
11-19-2005, 04:27 PM
if im scared i occasionally cuddle my favourite toy (toy seal) or anything i see

xaylene
11-19-2005, 05:21 PM
I have a really ugly doll on my bed, which i made back in elementary school, but usually i just cuddle up with my kitty. :)

Just a Girl
11-19-2005, 07:03 PM
i have millions of cuddly toys on top of the wardrobe at the end of my bed at home. the cuddly toy i have in my bed is called mr bunglie, and he's a scruffy stuffed cat that looks a bit like a monkey.

i'm so childish, once i said to my boyfriend "i bet you can't guess what his middle name is" so, to humour me, he guessed for ages until i had a fit of giggles and told him that mr bunglie doesn't have a middle name.

to me that was very funny. other people laughed, but i get the feeling they were laughing at, not with, me.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
11-19-2005, 08:39 PM
I have a sponge that has evil eyes drawn to it, and i like it to be in my bed because it's funny.

That Punk Kid You Love
11-19-2005, 10:03 PM
The only thing I get in bed with is my gf or someone close to me that I trust laying in a bed/fucking with.

endlesst0m
11-19-2005, 10:58 PM
The only thing I get in bed with is my gf or someone close to me that I trust laying in a bed/fucking with.

hahahahahaha

lenar
11-19-2005, 11:41 PM
I have a purple crocodile and a ridiculous amount of pillows.

Tizzalicious
11-20-2005, 04:13 AM

Yupz, same here.

I agree with Preocupado though. It has to be natural. But it definitely has to be there.

As for the stuffed animals (wow, I'm late with this). I don't sleep with any, I don't have any on my bed either. I have a lot of pillows though. I used to have one my ex gave me, and slept with it too, but it's somewhere in a cupboard now.

When I was little I had some things too. I used sleep in this thing some kids sleep in. I have NO idea what it's called, it goes over your PJs, and it's kinda like a sleeping bag, but it's clothes too? Anyway, it had strappy things that you could put it on a coathanger with, and I would always play with those, I had one thumb in my mouth, and the other hand was touching the things. So when I got too big for the "bag" my mom but them out and I slept with those things for years.