PDA

View Full Version : I'm attractive, but not good looking. (Rant rant raaant)

JohnnyNemesis
11-18-2005, 12:53 PM
Let's talk about sympathy, and the whiny fucks who make it seem like anything but complete self-praise is an attempt to gain sympathy.

I wrote the title of this thread on my Facebook profile as a bit of a "half-joke". I thought it was a kind of humorous way to describe my relationships with most ladies. Some say it explicitly, some implicit, others don't have to say it at all because it's obvious, but it's a common thing that most girls who've had any sort of relationship or moment of intimacy with me feels that way about me. Basically, they think I'm an interesting, funny, smart person, but am pretty average/below average-looking.

This, my friends, is not a problem. I'm secure enough at this point in my life to realize what I like about myself and others, what others like about me, and how I can mix it all up to the point where I can shun people I don't want to be around and have a tight-knit group of friends. Essentially, my "problems" could be worse, y'know?

It seems pretty fuckin' simple to me.

But what's the reaction I get? "Ohhh, don't say that! You ARE good looking!" or "Well, you're not UGLY, it's just that you're not handsome!", or "Well, you're an awesome person, so who cares?"

Who cares? Obviously you! I don't need your sitcom-generated responses to a line that was supposed to be real.

Then I realized that my anger should be focused on the people who actually DO put shit like that up in an attempt to gain sympathy, making it look like anyone who is simply trying to be straightforward about something is also trying to gain sympathy.

Basically, my long-winded rant/attempt to open-discussion comes down to this:

Fuck you, you whiny fucks (and there's a difference between "whining" and "ranting", so don't even go there, kids).

ruroken
11-18-2005, 01:02 PM
wha? :confused:
I don't get how that went from you to whiny kids.
But my real question is: Is this in any way related to me?
As, I am whiny. And this is about whiny kids. So...?

JohnnyEmo
11-18-2005, 01:07 PM
No, Ruroken, not everything is about you.

JohnnyNemesis
11-18-2005, 01:08 PM
What I mean is that the reason so many people didn't understand why I wrote that in my profile is because so many whiny fucks would write something like that in their profile in an attempt to gain sympathy.

I was just trying to make a funny, but true point, and I do NOT want sympathy.

I knew I wasn't explaining properly in the first post...but do you get what I'm saying now?

JohnnyNemesis
11-18-2005, 01:09 PM
No, Ruroken, not everything is about you.

HA! Okay, this might be fun.

ruroken
11-18-2005, 01:11 PM
I knew I wasn't explaining properly in the first post...but do you get what I'm saying now?
Yup. Thanks for explaining.

the_GoDdEsS
11-18-2005, 01:14 PM
HA! Okay, this might be fun.

Hahaha, I already know who it is.

Nirushika6789
11-18-2005, 01:17 PM
Hahaha, I already know who it is.
who?

(10)

Vera
11-18-2005, 01:43 PM
Hmm. The word good-looking to me means someone traditionally good-looking, a person who a vast majority find attractive. I once called someone "attractive but not good-looking" and got bitched about it (needless to say, the someone was someone famous with vast legions of fangirls), but what I really meant is that I find them attractive but it's more about the whole package (personality, talent, charisma) than just the exterior. People don't sometimes get how much what's on the inside, or rather, the way the way you look outside is brought out (read: confidence) affects how you appear to others.

sKratch
11-18-2005, 01:48 PM
Aww but Ricardopantalones, you are attractive. Plus you're an awesome person so what's it matter buddy?

lolz mad jokes

But yeah, that's stupid. The way I see it, guys in general usually get picked out more for who they are than their looks; unless my opinion is skewed because I don't look for guys, I feel that men are rarely "really hot" and such unlike women. Therefore, it's been very acceptable to me that I don't look amazing and all that jazz.

Sunny
11-18-2005, 02:02 PM
hah, great post. I've noticed that people get tremendously uncomfortable when you mention something about your appearance that could be perceived as negative. If you say that you're not good looking, that you're fat, that you have small tits, whatever - people will automatically jump at you with "oh no hunni ur so purdy just the way u r! And it's annoying as all fucking hell. It's like you just can't STATE a fucking fact about yourself without coming off as self hating and without having people try to console you. And yah, you're right, the whiny compliment-craving people are to blame for it.

Example 1:

me: my boobs are small.
person: oh no hunni ur boobs are perfectly fine!!11
me: yeah, i know they are. i just said they're small. *glare*

I myself am at fault too. you know the uncomfortable moment when people say "i'm fat"? I always get the urge to say "oh no you're not!". Recently, I stopped, and when someone says "I'm fat" I just say "uh huh" or "Yeah, and?". :D

Italia311
11-18-2005, 02:26 PM
LOL...man boobs...

I kind of think that there are a combination of things. Can't just be one thing...and usually if there is something negative there is always a positive...I don't want to sound like a jackass or anything but let me explain using an example...

Now, a chick with small boobs...ok fine, whatever, Im not a boob guy anyways but girls who have small boobs, usually have a Smokin Ass, and girls with small boobs are never fat (not that i've seen) meaning, smoking body and sweet ass set of legs...someone get me a drink of WATER!!

But anywho, after reading what sunny had posted, and have seen her pictures, I think that proves my point...HMM???

I really dont know if this has anything to do with the topic, maybe I am in someway giving an example?? I don't know....*sigh*

T-6005
11-18-2005, 02:33 PM
That was a quality rant, Johnny.

And it seems pretty damn accurate.

darko
11-18-2005, 02:52 PM
i'm not attractive tho my ex used to tell me i was...but he WOULD say that. but i know i'm not and i'm fine with it. I get very suspicious of people who say 'Oh no your not' when you make some comment about your ass/boobs/weight etc, make you wander what do they really think and why dont they tell you. I once had a mate who whenever we where out always asked me if she looked alright, i been a mate would say yeah and all i'd get back was 'oh but you would say that anyway' if i said no, then 'Oh thats mean bitch' i gave up answering well gave up going out with her all together.... ignore it or be blunt

JoY
11-18-2005, 06:19 PM
whatever this thread says; Rickyrickrick is hawt.

Sin Studly
11-18-2005, 08:12 PM
Yeah, it's not like you're ugly ricky. Let's make you some hot chocolate and watch Sleepless in Seattle all snuggled up under the blankets, your poor widdle man.

JohnnyNemesis
11-18-2005, 11:09 PM
whatever this thread says; Rickyrickrick is hawt.

This is true and I love you.

Yeah, it's not like you're ugly ricky. Let's make you some hot chocolate and watch Sleepless in Seattle all snuggled up under the blankets, your poor widdle man.

Fuck that shit. Make me bleed.

That Punk Kid You Love
11-18-2005, 11:19 PM
Hmm. Im not going to say the level of your attraction from me Ricky but I will say this. Most people that rant about their looks are actually very ugly people/fat/nasty.

EXAMPLE: My last gf always ranted about her tits. So 1 night we were sitting around talking about random stuff when she asked me if I wanted to have sex. I said yes being the idiot I am. Well when she took off her bra she had very ugly tits. She had "satellite nipples". *Shudders*

JohnnyNemesis
11-18-2005, 11:23 PM
Hmm. Im not going to say the level of your attraction from me Ricky but I will say this. Most people that rant about their looks are actually very ugly people/fat/nasty.

You're completely missing the point though. What I'm saying is that no one is ranting about their looks at all, but whenever people talk about their looks, it's taken a different way.

That Punk Kid You Love
11-18-2005, 11:27 PM
You're completely missing the point though. What I'm saying is that no one is ranting about their looks at all, but whenever people talk about their looks, it's taken a different way.

Oh ye. Im tired,sorry. That is true I only ranted 1 time and I got yelled at because they were all like uber pretty. When I posted my pic they stopped though. Then came the "emo","skaterboy",and "faggot" remarks.

Sin Studly
11-19-2005, 12:19 AM
Fuck that shit. Make me bleed.

You're not good looking enough for that.

JohnnyNemesis
11-19-2005, 01:00 AM
The bloodening involves little looking at anyone.

JohnnyEmo
11-19-2005, 01:05 AM
I clearly remember saying "stop, it is too much for me" half way through, but he only laughed and went harder. I felt violated, so I ended up crying for hours when it was all done. Plus my ass hurt like hell.

SkunkIt
11-19-2005, 01:23 AM
I used to do that stuff, but I stopped a long time ago. i'm honest about that stuff now, so I won't tell people their pretty when they're ugly.

Sin Studly
11-19-2005, 02:39 AM
I clearly remember saying "stop, it is too much for me" half way through, but he only laughed and went harder. I felt violated, so I ended up crying for hours when it was all done. Plus my ass hurt like hell.

This might be the most accurate impersonator ever, eh Ricky? ;)

JohnnyNemesis
11-19-2005, 09:53 AM
...yes. yes he is.

Nina
11-19-2005, 02:19 PM
I concur.

What I also dont understand: WHY dont people get that compliments arent automatically a good thing? Not only am I not always fishing for compliments when I state a fact about myself (see Sunny's post) but I also sometimes dont appriciate compliments because they make me feel uneasy. Why is that so difficult to understand ;(