PDA

View Full Version : my physics teacher is a moron

Jebus
11-18-2005, 06:04 PM
So my physics teacher has a geocities web page where he posts all the answers to our homework in pdf format after we turn it in. http://geocities.com/hamiltonphysics/index3.html
The other day, I was bored and I noticed the url for the pdf file of a certain worksheet assignment was http://geocities.com/hamiltonphysics/hPhysics/wssoln/physicsWS08_soln.pdf So I though to myself "I wonder what else he has in the directory." I just simply entered the url without the pdf's name, http://geocities.com/hamiltonphysics/hPhysics/wssoln, and it took me to the directory. As I expected, I found all the pdfs for the all the homewoks we've turned it. What I didn't expect was a folder called "notoutyet." I clicked on it, and I find all the worksheet answers for the rest of the semester! Then I entered the url of a book work pdf, http://geocities.com/hamiltonphysics/hPhysics/hwsoln/physicsHW08_soln.pdf. I did the same thing as above and I found all the answers for the book work assignments. I couldn't believe he actually was stupid enough to leave it open for everyone to see. Seeing how I'm either getting an F or D and my teacher sucks at explaining things, especially because he has a deep korean accent, I was obviously happy. So the moral of the story is don't let your geocities directory open for everyone to see.

To give this thread a point, discuss all your high school cheating stories.

T-6005
11-18-2005, 06:14 PM
That's a pretty big one.... damn.

0r4ng3
11-18-2005, 06:15 PM
Cheating stories? This is gonna be fun...

My chemistry teacher last year never checked homework. He just went around the room to check to see if we did it, without looking at the answers themselves. Knowing this, everyone just wrote random stuff in their books, and got a perfect homework score. I remember a kid in my class wrote 5 sentences about a barbecue.

Mota Boy
11-18-2005, 06:22 PM
In one of my economics classes, a friend found that the company that made our course book had the teacher's edition in pdf format on their website, so we got all the answers to the problems.

Basically, this only amounted to a useful study guide, as we had to work backwards from the answer to figure out most of the questions.

Jebus
11-18-2005, 06:25 PM
I found the answer book for my calculus class in ebay. Boy, that sure would nice to have.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Teachers-Guide-with-Answers-Calculus_W0QQitemZ6988453376QQcategoryZ268QQssPage NameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

EDIT: The auction ended. =\

Tired_Of_You
11-18-2005, 06:26 PM
I cheated too many times. It would make baby Jesus cries.
I cheated with little papers, with my ipod (yay for the note thingy), people who told me all the answers just before the exam, or people told me the answers during the exam.
Reading this a second time, it seems as if I cheat all the time :|

I can't believe your teacher is that stupid. On a related note, some of my friends found a website with all the answers for their homeworks. Also, they actually gave us a free answer book with my English book, so no one really do their homeworks without copying the answers.

Jebus
11-18-2005, 06:28 PM
There's also answers in there for his AP physics class, regular physics class, and some other science class. I think I could start making money off this..

dalaksta
11-18-2005, 06:40 PM
i used to have a science teacher like that
damn!
she was sooooooooooooo stupid!!!!
No wonder i almost failed a lot of tests, but i pulled out with an A from my self studying
but she was fucking stupid!
her favorite part was sex ed. (she has 4 kids, in the range of 3 grades, huh :rolleyes: )

coke_a_holic
11-18-2005, 06:50 PM
In my Government class we have seminar (it's actually more of a discussion, but whatever) articles we are supposed to read, highlight, and annotate every week. So, what I do is highlight random things during the lunch before the seminar and just put random annotations that sometimes have to do with words that were highlighted. My favorite things to write in illegible print is "I dare you to read this", "Hahaha, this article = suxz0rz", "I disagree with <insert a random word I highlighted>", "man, whoever wrote this had NO idea what they were talking about!" and "I really wish we didn't have a seminar. I really don't like them". I include lots of other things, it's just fun to see what you can get away with. The one time the teacher actually read something, the kid had written "kcuf" over and over again.

Back in Black
11-18-2005, 07:04 PM
all of my teachers is a moron.

Homer
11-18-2005, 07:06 PM
Jeez, you people had to go through some trouble to cheat. My whole class (last year) cheated by accident. We had this damn annoying math text book and in the end of the text book were ALL the answers to EVERY question. I mean, what the hell? I probably finished every math homework assignment in under a minute each time.

Jebus
11-18-2005, 07:08 PM
Half the answers are in my book but don't you have to show your work?

Homer
11-18-2005, 07:19 PM
Well, no. Sometimes we do, and sometimes we don't. The times we do I just use the answers for problems just to get the idea. We usually only have to show our work for tests.

Endymion
11-18-2005, 09:44 PM
well shit... hm. geometry. geometry was the best. this was before i was able to talk teachers into letting me advance way ahead, so i was actually in a math class with some friends. my friend adam sat in front of me and he's not exactly all that great at math. after the first exam he asked if i'd give him answers on the next. sure, why not? so he passes me an index card during the exam that i write all my answers on and pass it back to him. a few other people noticed and wanted in, so on the next exam after passing adam the card he'd make a few extra copies and started to pass them around. be the end of the year 90% of the class was using cards from me to do their exam.

WebDudette
11-18-2005, 09:53 PM
My old science teacher would never collect worksheets and he just sat at the computer and askes grades and people would just give him fake a grade with out even doing the work.

Italia311
11-18-2005, 10:06 PM
In my final year of college, the prof helped us cheat. I'll tell the story...

So we're all writing the exam for Western Civilizations. This was a full year course so it was pretty hefty. Everyones like looking at eachother, given weird faces cause it was pretty tough, he expected alot. SO, after about 10 minutes into the exam the prof says: "how is everyone doing?" We all moan and groan because we never thought it would be so hard, so he says to us: "well, what if I said you could turn to the person next to you and you could work on the exam together". AHAHAAH well then, that was the end of that, by the end of the class, people were walkin around the lecture room, shouting answers at eachother.

The prof didn't seem to care, and the exam was still hard. SO many different opinions and everyone was second guessing eachother. I ended up with an 80% in the class, I did well throughout the whole year I earned my mark but, he just made the exam so hard it was unbelievable, I'm sure he planned on letting us cheat.

Anywho, thats my story...

neocon58
11-18-2005, 10:58 PM
I just used my USB drive to copy my way through a school IT course. The ironic thing is that I actually found the work rather easy, but was too much of a lazy ass to do it.