PDA

View Full Version : Gang Violence

endlesst0m
11-18-2005, 08:33 PM
You know why America is full of so much violence these days, and kids think its acceptable to assualt people with weapons?

BECAUSE AMERICA HAS ACCEPTED THUGS LIKE "50 CENT" INTO MAINSTREAM CULTURE.

or at least thats how i see it...

any opinions?

Linda
11-18-2005, 08:35 PM
We have gangs because parents aren't strict enough with their kids.

0r4ng3
11-18-2005, 08:37 PM
I don't like rap, but I'm not blaming 50 Cent and similar artists for gang violence. Kids join gangs because there's nothing else to do in their neighborhood, or they're looking for a place to belong. Parents can also be part of the problem, I guess.

Conspiracy of One
11-18-2005, 08:41 PM
It doesn't really have much to do with superstar Rap artists. Sure they influence them, by what they wear, and how they act. But 50 Cent doesn't encourage kids to go out and rape or kill people. Parents neglect their children, that's the cause of most gang activity.

endlesst0m
11-18-2005, 08:41 PM
Yeah true, but i can't believe all these "suburban white gangs" that are emerging everywhere. It's the biggest fucking joke ever and it fucking pisses me off! My parents work hard so that we can have enough money to live in a safe town, and not be exposed to all this gang shit, but now theres even gangs in my town (which is mostly upper middle class, and white).

i know the arguements that people are going to make against this but...

damnit just open your eyes...anyone involved with that shit either listens to Gangster Rap or fuckin Toughguy Hardcore.

Skate Rat 19
11-18-2005, 08:43 PM
hahaah gangs started the school riot here in Albany, check the thread "A RIOT BROKE IN MY SCHOOL" I used to think these kid gangs are pussies. But now im reconsidering, it took half of the APD to bring us down, there are 2,400 kids who go to Albany High School

endlesst0m
11-18-2005, 08:44 PM
It doesn't really have much to do with superstar Rap artists. Sure they influence them, by what they wear, and how they act. But 50 Cent doesn't encourage kids to go out and rape or kill people. Parents neglect their children, that's the cause of most gang activity.

50 cent can do whatever he wants, but i CAN'T BELIEVE how popular he is becoming in America. Don't people realize what a fucking psycho that guy is?

Do me a favor...go to 50 Cents site...and tell me what the first thing that happens is...50 Cent (http://www.50cent.com/) ...then tell me he doesn't send out a bad message.

endlesst0m
11-18-2005, 08:46 PM
hahaah gangs started the school riot here in Albany, check the thread "A RIOT BROKE IN MY SCHOOL" I used to think these kid gangs are pussies. But now im reconsidering, it took half of the APD to bring us down, there are 2,400 kids who go to Albany High School

we ALL used to think white suburban gangs were a joke Skate Rat, but i dunno, kid's these days are getting strange ideas from somwhere cough* gangster rap *cough and becoming more willing to be violent.

Skate Rat 19
11-18-2005, 08:52 PM
yeah actually there was, look at the fucking Mafia, they did more than ANY other gang I can think of, basically started a civil war in Sicily, Thanks Givings Day Massacre, etc....

Conspiracy of One
11-18-2005, 08:53 PM
White people can never get anything by force. The brotha's walk into a 7/11 with their boxers up to their neck and say "Yo" and the clerk rips money out of the register. Complete lack of effort. While on the other hand, a white guy would walk into that same store and scream "Put the money in the bag!" and while at gun point, the cashier wouldn't give it up.

endlesst0m
11-18-2005, 08:56 PM
No, you're an idiot. Before rap music was popular there were gangs. Before black culture was mainstream there were gangs. Before blacks even had freedom there were gangs. Before rap music, you'd've said it was heavy metal making people violent, and kids these days are getting bad ideas from Ozy Ozzbourne.

first of all i HATE Toughguy Hardcore as well(ever heard of FSU?), not just Gangster Rap.This has nothing to do with me not liking rap or black people, so don't even try it.

second of all, yeah gangs have been around forever, but the gang members were lowerclass people trying to find other ways to make money, or trying to find ways to feel safe in the dangerous lower class neighboorhoods.

Upper/Middle Class Suburban White Gangsters, have only been a big thing since the media start to embrace all this shit. yeah im sure there were always a few gangs around in every kind of neighboorhood, but gangs are ALL over upper/middle class neighboorhoods now, and where do you think theyre getting it all from?

ninthlayer
11-18-2005, 08:58 PM
Pap.pap.pap.

endlesst0m
11-18-2005, 09:01 PM
Upper class "gangsters" are kind of worthless people. I could care less?

you'll care when they beat the shit out of you or your friend and you can't do anything about it...

ninthlayer
11-18-2005, 09:02 PM
Methinks someone got beat up too much in middle school.

Jebus
11-18-2005, 09:02 PM
Gangs in Los Angeles started when the government decided to cut funding for public parks. Since kids stopped having organized activities such as sports with adult supervision, gangs started to emerge out of boredom and for a since of belonging.

Random fact about 50 cent: He said god unleashed the hurricane on New Orleans because of the city's "sinfull" lifestyle.

endlesst0m
11-18-2005, 09:04 PM
Methinks someone got beat up too much in middle school.

wow, sorry for caring about this subject, but you know what? to me, when i live in an upper middle class town, and me and some of my friends have been threatend with/actually assualted with weapons...that says something about what direction our world is going in...

YOU HAVE NO IDEA how RAPIDLY things are getting worse...so rapidly that even someone who got out of highschool only 3 years ago wouldn't understand how bad things are now. I'm serious.

ninthlayer
11-18-2005, 09:10 PM
You're complaining about being UPPER MIDDLE CLASS. Seriously, you have no idea what it means to be in the shit. Stop talking, you're making a fool of yourself.

'kthanksbye.

endlesst0m
11-18-2005, 09:17 PM
You're complaining about being UPPER MIDDLE CLASS. Seriously, you have no idea what it means to be in the shit. Stop talking, you're making a fool of yourself.

'kthanksbye.

first of all,just because i live in an uppermiddle class neighboorhood doesn't mean I'm uppermiddle class. second of all, if im at a town meeting one day, and theyre discussing what to do about all the violence thats been happening around town, should i just say "We shouldn't complain, this is an uppermiddle class neighboorhood, we don't know what its like to have it bad!" sounds stupid to me, but according to you its not.

0r4ng3
11-18-2005, 09:19 PM
first of all,just because i live in an uppermiddle class neighboorhood doesn't mean I'm uppermiddle class.
Actually, I think that's exactly what it means. Someone else correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Jebus
11-18-2005, 09:20 PM
Actually, I think that's exactly what it means. Someone else correct me if I'm wrong, though.
nah, being upper middle class is more of a social status than the amount of money you make. You could be in a upper middle class neigherborhood but still not be in the same status as the other people

endlesst0m
11-18-2005, 09:22 PM

So if i live in a shack, as long as that shack is located in a town thats mostly middle/upperclass, then i'm middle/upperclass?

WebDudette
11-18-2005, 09:37 PM
First of all, gangs starting because of rap are you a fucking idiot, organized crime and gangs have been around for a hundred years or more.

Secondly, well no shit you would be threaten in upper middle class why would the poor rob the poor.Contrary to your beleif not all poor people are stupid.

Lastly, what provokes gangs liek the Hells Angel or Vietnamese Mafia (in my area) cause they sure as fuck dont listen to rap.

Sin Studly
11-18-2005, 09:37 PM
Hells Angels, Rebels, Gypsey Jokers, Coffin Cheaters, the Dead Rabbits, the Bowry Boys, the Plug Uglys, the Shirttails, the Chichesters, the Mulberry Street Boys, the Roach Guard, the Overcoat Mafia, the Five Points Gang, Murder Incorporated, the Clampton Gang, the Kelly Gang, the etc. etc. etc. fucking etc.

endlesst0m
11-18-2005, 09:50 PM
yeah and my point is that its speading to middle class towns, upperclass towns, its EVERYWHERE in today's world.

i told you guys what i think...how do YOU explain whats causing it to spread?

Sin Studly
11-18-2005, 09:51 PM
Criminal gang culture has always been romantisised by the upper classes.

endlesst0m
11-18-2005, 09:52 PM
its getting alot worse...

Sin Studly
11-18-2005, 09:55 PM
No it isn't, it's getting a lot more common and a lot weaker. The upper-class wiggers in gangs aren't harmless, but they won't pick on anybody who isn't afraid of them. They're just kids playing make-believe, and all you have to do is make sure they don't forget they're not real gangsters. If they know you're not afraid of them, this will remind them what pitiful stupid bitches they are and keep them from trying shit out on you.

endlesst0m
11-18-2005, 10:04 PM
No it isn't, it's getting a lot more common and a lot weaker. The upper-class wiggers in gangs aren't harmless, but they won't pick on anybody who isn't afraid of them. They're just kids playing make-believe, and all you have to do is make sure they don't forget they're not real gangsters. If they know you're not afraid of them, this will remind them what pitiful stupid bitches they are and keep them from trying shit out on you.

hahaha true. but doesn't it worry you that more people are involved with it, even if they're weaker then a real gang? Think of all the kids now that think its okay to fight with weapons over fists...and then imagine how thier kids will turn out. now THATS a problem.

its seems like people used to fight 1 on 1 with thier fists, and its just changed so much from that in modern times. what the hell happened?

JohnnyNemesis
11-18-2005, 10:06 PM
wow, sorry for caring about this subject, but you know what? to me, when i live in an upper middle class town, and me and some of my friends have been threatend with/actually assualted with weapons...that says something about what direction our world is going in...

The same direction you spoiled, rich, upper middle class fuckers CREATED and sent the world in when you made your fortunes by impoverishing the very same people who are attacking you.

Quit your goddamn whining. I'm from the ghetto, and after getting the shit kicked out of me growing up, it sickens me to see some whiny pussy crying about the mere possibility of being a target.

Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you.

endlesst0m
11-18-2005, 10:09 PM
The same direction you spoiled, rich, upper middle class fuckers CREATED and sent the world in when you made your fortunes by impoverishing the very same people who are attacking you.

Quit your goddamn whining. I'm from the ghetto, and after getting the shit kicked out of me growing up, it sickens me to see some whiny pussy crying about the mere possibility of being a target.

Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you.

oh alright. sometimes i forget how easy my life is because im totally rich, i really shouldn't complain. also i won't worry about how violence is spreading everywhere, because my family has alot of money, and thats relevant.

endlesst0m
11-18-2005, 10:15 PM
P.S. all you would have had to do is explain your view to me in a polite manner and i would respect you. read all my posts in this thread. i've listened to what everyone had to say, and i never cursed at anyone. but instead you chose to be a dickhead. not only that, johhnynemisis, im NOT EVEN CLOSE to being "rich". I'm barley middle class.

JohnnyNemesis
11-18-2005, 10:21 PM
Don't tell me how to respond. I've been hearing people like you say that kind of stuff my whole life, and sorry, but being nice about it every single time is exhausting. I don't HAVE to be nice and take your feelings into consideration when someone whines about bullshit like this, the same way you didn't do the same for me when you made this thread. You haven't earned my friendliness.

I don't give a shit about how nice you were to others or whether you respect me, but if you ever do respect me, I want it to be because you think I'm a good, intelligent, interesting or reasonable fellow. I don't want your respect if the only reason you respect me is because I'm "nice" to you while you post the most ridiculously whiny shit ever. Fuck that.

In other words: Stop Crying.

endlesst0m
11-18-2005, 10:29 PM
Don't tell me how to respond. I've been hearing people like you say that kind of stuff my whole life, and sorry, but being nice about it every single time is exhausting. I don't HAVE to be nice and take your feelings into consideration when someone whines about bullshit like this, the same way you didn't do the same for me when you made this thread. You haven't earned my friendliness.

I don't give a shit about how nice you were to others or whether you respect me, but if you ever do respect me, I want it to be because you think I'm a good, intelligent, interesting or reasonable fellow. I don't want your respect if the only reason you respect me is because I'm "nice" to you while you post the most ridiculously whiny shit ever. Fuck that.

In other words: Stop Crying.

I wasn't telling you how to respond, i was sugguesting how you could respond while being respectful, and polite. Don't tell me you're "above" politeness just because you've "heard other people say what i'm saying before", thats just nonsense and a total copout.

This wouldn't happen, but say i notice that people in my middle class town are starving. Is it wrong for me to acknowledge the problem, and wonder whats causing it? Should someone from Africa that deals with starvation everyday then show up and say "FUCK YOU IM TIRED OF HEARING YOU RICH PEOPLE WHINE, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE"

cause thats exactly what your doing to me. all i did was ask for opinions. thats actually what i asked on the first post in this whole thread.

you're a dickhead.

Jebus
11-18-2005, 10:31 PM
Thugs like 50 cent are a direct result from ghetto neighborhoods that aren't going anywhere which are a direct result from the aftermath of slavery. Whose fault was slavery? Yes...upper class white aristocrats. I find it ridiculous how you find so easy to point the finger at someone like 50 cent even though the white upper class's history created him in a sense. You need to rethink the people you blame.

endlesst0m
11-18-2005, 10:35 PM
i guess, its more the media's fault for not only accepting, but embracing thugs like 50 Cent, then it is 50 Cent's fault.

JohnnyNemesis
11-18-2005, 10:36 PM
Don't tell me you're "above" politeness

It's not that I'm "above" politeness, because I'm not; it's that you don't deserve it. I made that clear.

Is it wrong for me to acknowledge the problem, and wonder whats causing it?

Now who's copping out? All of a sudden you're merely "acknowledging the problem" and "questioning what's causing it", when in the first few posts of the thread you said "damnit just open your eyes...anyone involved with that shit either listens to Gangster Rap or fuckin Toughguy Hardcore" Your hunger analogy to Africa doesn't hold, kid.

all i did was ask for opinions. thats actually what i asked on the first post in this whole thread.

That's not "all" you did. You did a bit more. You also brought up ridiculously stupid comments like the one I just brought up a few seconds ago.

you're a dickhead.
Only to those who deserve it. And you're one of 'em.

WebDudette
11-18-2005, 10:37 PM
You have it backwards it's not 50 cents fault for causing gangs but its the gangs fault creating 50 cent. Were do you think the term Gangsta Rap derived from they didn't just make it up then gangs started popping up all over the place. Also don't you think starting wars is a little worse then gang violence.

JohnnyNemesis
11-18-2005, 10:39 PM
i guess, its more the media's fault for not only accepting, but embracing thugs like 50 Cent, then it is 50 Cent's fault.

You do realize that the media also embraces a ton of rich white folks who do fucked up things too, or are also involved in an area of entertainment that actively promotes violence, right?

Kurt Cobain fuckin' killed himself, and Scott Weiland was on heroin. Tommy Lee is the classic good for nothing rockstar, Russell Crowe can't seem to go anywhere without beating people up, and don't get me started on ultra-violent western movies. You tellin' me that those people don't send out bad messages too?

Just...read Jebus' earlier post again.

Jebus
11-18-2005, 10:41 PM
He's a puppet. He's a tool. He's a pawn...nothing more. Yes, he's part of the problem but you have to stop blaming only what you see with your eyes. There's more important stuff going on in the background that you need to stop and think about.

endlesst0m
11-18-2005, 10:46 PM
It's not that I'm "above" politeness, because I'm not; it's that you don't deserve it. I made that clear.

Now who's copping out? All of a sudden you're merely "acknowledging the problem" and "questioning what's causing it", when in the first few posts of the thread you said "damnit just open your eyes...anyone involved with that shit either listens to Gangster Rap or fuckin Toughguy Hardcore" Your hunger analogy to Africa doesn't hold, kid.

That's not "all" you did. You did a bit more. You also brought up ridiculously stupid comments like the one I just brought up a few seconds ago.

Only to those who deserve it. And you're one of 'em.

Deserve it? i don't deserve you not cursing at me because you disagree with what i have to say? FRIENDSHIP is what you EARN. RESPECT is something that you give to EVERYONE who is polite, and open-minded, and willing to listen to what you have to say. DO NOT try to tell me that i wasn't all those things.

"damnit just open your eyes...anyone involved with that shit either listens to Gangster Rap or fuckin Toughguy Hardcore" --- ok, yeah i said that, i was getting into it a little too much there, and i cursed, but i DID NOT insult anyone. don't try to say that i did. I wasn't being closed minded either, i actually agreed with sin studly, who i disagreed with before. don't say that i didn't. i think i have every right to agressivly make my point, as long as im still thinking about what other people are saying in response, and im not cursing or insulting anyone else. thats called respectful debating, and thats what i was doing.

you really wanna know who is right in this? just ask yourself...WHAT WOULD HAVE WENT WRONG IF YOU HAD JUST JOINED IN THE DEBATE, EXPLAINED YOUR VIEWS, AND DONE SO WITHOUT INSULTING ME?

endlesst0m
11-18-2005, 10:47 PM
You do realize that the media also embraces a ton of rich white folks who do fucked up things too, or are also involved in an area of entertainment that actively promotes violence, right?

Kurt Cobain fuckin' killed himself, and Scott Weiland was on heroin. Tommy Lee is the classic good for nothing rockstar, Russell Crowe can't seem to go anywhere without beating people up, and don't get me started on ultra-violent western movies. You tellin' me that those people don't send out bad messages too?

Just...read Jebus' earlier post again.

THATS A GOOD POINT, AND HONESTLY I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT BEFORE. THANKS FOR NOT INSULTING ME WHEN EXPLAINING THAT! SEE HOW MUCH BETTER THIS WORKS?

im not close minded, or afraid to admit it when im wrong. but youre just mean.

JohnnyNemesis
11-18-2005, 10:47 PM
You're welcome, thanks, and stop your goddamned crying already about that insulting thing.

Nicole
11-18-2005, 10:48 PM
That's as useless as saying Manson caused Colombine.

Music is a product of the culture, not the other way around.

barangatang
It's all us italians faults that there's gang violence in the u.s. today.

Jebus
That's as useless as saying Manson caused Colombine.

Music is a product of the culture, not the other way around.
best post in this thread.

JohnnyNemesis
11-18-2005, 10:50 PM
best post in this thread.

*sniffle* But I... :(

*h8s Nicole 4eva*

That Punk Kid You Love
11-18-2005, 10:53 PM

*h8s Nicole 4eva*

You could over power her by pwning her.

HornyPope
11-18-2005, 10:54 PM
Heh white suburban gangs.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f0/Icy_hot_Stuntaz.jpg

WebDudette
11-18-2005, 10:57 PM
I never once insulted you and since when was respect "given" out to people who are nice and open minded. Saying the only people involved in gang violence are the people who listen to rap and the toughguy hardcore music is closed minded. You know the Mafia (all of them) don't listen to rap I'am assuming what about biker gangs what about gangs that were around before rap and toughguy hardcore.

Jebus
11-18-2005, 10:58 PM

*h8s Nicole 4eva*
Don't be greedy and let her have this one. You have loads of other best posts. Now kiss(or anal since that seems to be traditional in 1337 culture) and make up.

That Punk Kid You Love
11-18-2005, 10:59 PM
Heh white suburban gangs.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f0/Icy_hot_Stuntaz.jpg

Oh fuck! The 1 on the right is my cousin Billy. Last time I saw him was my 17'th he gave me a shirt that says "Some Asshole Stole My Gold Chain So I Went Pimp On Him".

endlesst0m
11-18-2005, 11:04 PM
I never once insulted you and since when was respect "given" out to people who are nice and open minded. Saying the only people involved in gang violence are the people who listen to rap and the toughguy hardcore music is closed minded. You know the Mafia (all of them) don't listen to rap I'am assuming what about biker gangs what about gangs that were around before rap and toughguy hardcore.

Saying the only people involved in gang violence are the people who listen to rap and the toughguy hardcore music is my opinion.

Not listening to you after you make your rebutal is close minded. theres a difference.

The Mafia wasn't started in middle/upperclass areas.

Jebus
11-18-2005, 11:06 PM
Saying the only people involved in gang violence are the people who listen to rap and the toughguy hardcore music is my opinion.
Look, opinions can't be wrong. Obviously, your opinion is;thus, it isn't an opinion. It's just ignorant commentary.

endlesst0m
11-18-2005, 11:08 PM
Look, opinions can't be wrong. Obviously, your opinion is;thus, it isn't an opinion. It's just ignorant commentary.

well if you know so much more then me, then how do you explain all this gangster shit and violence spreading all over the country?

^this question is basically THE SAME question my FIRST post asks. im AMAZED that i have to restate it just to get back on topic.

Sin Studly
11-18-2005, 11:17 PM
its seems like people used to fight 1 on 1 with thier fists, and its just changed so much from that in modern times. what the hell happened?

Only in the movies. It's always been dirty twenty-to-one in real life.

Jebus
11-18-2005, 11:22 PM
What you just said about the only people involved in gang violence are the people who listen to rap is like saying "It's my opinion that birds can't fly." That was my point of my last post.

As for you question, I gave you some insight in what I think about that subject matter in my other posts. I'm not trying to say that I know everything about gansters. I'm saying there's much more to it than what you're making it out to be.

endlesst0m
11-18-2005, 11:44 PM
What you just said about the only people involved in gang violence are the people who listen to rap is like saying "It's my opinion that birds can't fly." That was my point of my last post.

As for you question, I gave you some insight in what I think about that subject matter in my other posts. I'm not trying to say that I know everything about gansters. I'm saying there's much more to it than what you're making it out to be.

like what?

Jebus
11-18-2005, 11:46 PM
like this...

Gangs in Los Angeles started when the government decided to cut funding for public parks. Since kids stopped having organized activities such as sports with adult supervision, gangs started to emerge out of boredom and for a since of belonging.

Thugs like 50 cent are a direct result from ghetto neighborhoods that aren't going anywhere which are a direct result from the aftermath of slavery. Whose fault was slavery? Yes...upper class white aristocrats. I find it ridiculous how you find so easy to point the finger at someone like 50 cent even though the white upper class's history created him in a sense. You need to rethink the people you blame.

endlesst0m
11-19-2005, 12:00 AM
like this...

you're right. you did already answer my question before, i forgot it was you that said that :D

"Since kids stopped having organized activities such as sports with adult supervision, gangs started to emerge out of boredom and for a since of belonging. "

thats a pretty good point...boredom and a sense of belonging are good explanations of why people may involve themselves in gang activity.

but slavery? im not so sure i agree with that. Slavery ended a *long* time ago, we have welfare programs to help poor people, and even though standardized tests arent exactly fair, since quality of education varies, as long as you get good grades and make an attempt to prepare yourself for the SAT, you have a good chance of getting into college, and then getting a good job. im sure its a little more complicated then im making it out to be, but basically, its easy to succeed in America, and thugs like 50 cent have no excuse to turn out the way he did.

what do you think?

Jebus
11-19-2005, 12:31 AM
Slavery ended but the effects are still here. Becoming full fledged American citizens after being slaves for years isn't something that happens instantly. It takes time. It's easier for you to say all those things because you haven't experienced leaving in a poor community just how it's easy for a person to tell a smoker to quit because that person has never experienced addiction. In theory, it is easy to succeed in America but you have to understand the type of mentality people grow up with living in those conditions. Black people aren't as optimistic as white people because white people have evidence of America working for them all around them. On the other hand, blacks only see evidence of how the American government failed them since they don't have good schools, nice houses, and possibly food to feed their family. Seeing how the government isn't working for the black population, people like 50 cent take matters into their own hands and join gangs. I know there are exceptions to white people all being happy, but what I said for the majority of the black population is true.

SkunkIt
11-19-2005, 12:34 AM
You know why America is full of so much violence these days, and kids think its acceptable to assualt people with weapons?

any opinions?
Papillion Nebraska's fault. They brought up all the notorious gangs in their hood.

JohnnyNemesis
11-19-2005, 01:00 AM
Slavery ended but the effects are still here. Becoming full fledged American citizens after being slaves for years isn't something that happens instantly. It takes time. It's easier for you to say all those things because you haven't experienced leaving in a poor community just how it's easy for a person to tell a smoker to quit because that person has never experienced addiction. In theory, it is easy to succeed in America but you have to understand the type of mentality people grow up with living in those conditions. Black people aren't as optimistic as white people because white people have evidence of America working for them all around them. On the other hand, blacks only see evidence of how the American government failed them since they don't have good schools, nice houses, and possibly food to feed their family. Seeing how the government isn't working the black population, people like 50 cent take matters into their own hands and join gangs. I know there are exceptions to white people all being happy, but what I said for the majority of the black population is true.

This is all true, but is going to go largely ignored. endlesst0m keeps talking about how he really wants to hear opposing viewpoints and is asking questions, but whenever someone actually answers his questions or proves him wrong with facts, he backs off and starts copping out or denying shit.

And then he wonders why I was rude to him? Fuck that.

T-6005
11-19-2005, 01:11 AM
And then he wonders why I was rude to him? Fuck that.
I know, but the first time you hear criticism against you, it's hard. Some people can't accept it.

It takes a bit to accept that sort of thing. I think you're right in what you do, I just don't think that he realizes why you are - which is really where the problem lies.

Sin Studly
11-19-2005, 01:37 AM
You're totally gay for Dicapprio.

The Clampton Gang = I'm gayer for Val Kilmer.

WebDudette
02-17-2006, 11:25 AM
I'am bumping this thread because it hillarious.

wheelchairman
02-17-2006, 11:50 AM
No, you're an idiot. Before rap music was popular there were gangs. Before black culture was mainstream there were gangs. Before blacks even had freedom there were gangs. Before rap music, you'd've said it was heavy metal making people violent, and kids these days are getting bad ideas from Ozy Ozzbourne.
Logical, concise, brilliant.

JohnnyNemesis
02-19-2006, 12:14 AM
Exactly. Exactly. EXACTLY!

the_GoDdEsS
02-19-2006, 12:32 AM
Awww, this is a cute thread. I must have missed out on it.

Rocky-girl
02-19-2006, 12:57 AM
I think that is not one reason why there are so many gangs in America. I think that's wrong to look for the reason of forming gangs in that way.

SmilingBob
02-19-2006, 08:30 PM
Being from the UK, this kind of gang culture is a reletively new "thing" over here. Mainly, though not exclusively, popular (if thats the right term) with young black and Asian (Indian etc) lads who seem to look up to American Gang culture.

I hardly knew that type of stuff went on over here until I moved out of my parents house and halfway across England. I live in Coventry and the "gangs" here are laughable (even if any member of ANY gang could kick my ass). Even the kids brought up over here try and talk with jamaican accents (and someone of Indian heritage with a jamaican accent is THE funniest thing ever. Unless he's holding a gun) !! I mean, there's two "BIG" gangs in Birmingham (like 10 mins down the road) who are apparently "to be feared". Names of said gangs? The Johnson Boys and the Burger Bar Boys.... ahem.... Fear inspiring titles I think you'll agree.
However, these cunts are partly responsible for the rise in gun crime in the UK (which is only a minor problem in the UK, we're lucky in that aspect I guess), and yet they STILL wont arm our police. :confused:

Whoever said that music is born from culture, and not the other way around (sorry, can't remember who posted it) - that's very true, probably in most places in the world, however, here, "Gangsta Rap" and the whole hip-hop thing is a mere "how-to" for these dicks. Hell, I've been jumped three times in the last year by these dumb fuck wannabies.

It's not the "artists" (i.e. the aforementioned 50 Cent) who should be blamed (even if they do promote it all in a way), it's the whole gang culture and whats behind that. Remember that rap and hip hop are just other youth "movements". Same as punk is. A release for the frustrated masses.

yay
02-19-2006, 09:37 PM
I don't think these rap artists are taken seriously enough to encourage gang violence. If you live in Australia and listen to Triple J you would know that Triple j campaigned and fought against authority to play Offspring, Silverchair and Marilyn Manson music in the early 90's before their explosions because those three in particular were blamed for youth suicide in this country.

Of course this was all bullshit and same as blaming a rap artist for gang murders.

Jebus
02-19-2006, 09:39 PM
Offspring was blamed for youth suicide in Australia?

yay
02-19-2006, 09:41 PM
Offspring was blamed for youth suicide in Australia?According to Triple J's History it was.

calichix
02-19-2006, 10:46 PM
There were gangs long before rap music. You're kind of ig'nant, missuh.

WebDudette
02-20-2006, 12:01 AM
This thread states that many diffrent times from many diffrent people. endlesst0m is one of the most ignorant moronic people on the board in my opinion.

ermdevi@tion
02-20-2006, 09:04 AM
Didn't read the rest of the thread but this (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4725200.stm) is a report on a study released recently. It shows that most "gangs" are formed out of fear of attack - in an effort to defend oneself, not to be agressive towards others.

As someone who lives in the area the study was performed in, I can verify that, within my experiences, the findings are largely true. Whilst some groups may be intent on causing trouble and taking part in violent behaviour, most are not at all.

I don't know how similar the situation is and whether these results could be seen to translate to other areas of the world, but Glasgow has been notorious for its gangland violence for many years and it's nice to finally see a good study done on it.

ermdevi@tion
02-20-2006, 09:09 AM
However, these cunts are partly responsible for the rise in gun crime in the UK (which is only a minor problem in the UK, we're lucky in that aspect I guess), and yet they STILL wont arm our police. :confused:

Dumb-ass. I will quote from a previous post of mine:

Do these people simply ignore the statistics? In a 2004 FBI report, it was shown that on average in the USA, 54 officers were shot dead in one week (and often shot with their own wepaons!) Compare this to the UK where in 20 years, only 11 officers have been killed by armed criminals. Do the maths - armed, on duty police officers are 5105.45 times more likely to be killed than their unarmed counterparts.

Linda
02-20-2006, 09:29 AM
Didn't read the rest of the thread but this (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4725200.stm) is a report on a study released recently. It shows that most "gangs" are formed out of fear of attack - in an effort to defend oneself, not to be agressive towards others.

Don't know about anyone else, but I wouldn't consider them gangs. Not gangs as known in the US.

And to clarify the beginning of gangs, read this.

http://www.gripe4rkids.org/his.html

Nothing to do with gangsta rap or toughguy hardcore.

pyromaniac
02-20-2006, 09:33 AM
i agree endlesst0m.
but their really isn't anything that can be done, but to accept it.

JohnnyNemesis
02-20-2006, 09:35 AM
You're a complete idiot.

Linda
02-20-2006, 09:53 AM
Very interesting site on gangs.

http://www.streetgangs.com/

the_GoDdEsS
02-20-2006, 10:01 AM
Hey, what's with all the idiots today? They letting out the giggle houses?

JoY
02-20-2006, 10:04 AM
Dumb-ass. I will quote from a previous post of mine:
I don't want to burst your bubble, but isn't the USA like, fifty-thousant times bigger than the UK? & doesn't it have about fourhundred times more officers?

ermdevi@tion
02-21-2006, 08:48 AM
I don't want to burst your bubble, but isn't the USA like, fifty-thousant times bigger than the UK? & doesn't it have about fourhundred times more officers?

Thanks - didn't even think about scaling those original figures down! So here goes:

Population of USA - 281,421,906 (2000 Census)
Population of UK - 59,834,300 (Office of National Statistics 2004)

So the population is 4.7 times larger.

Police in USA - 663,535 (IACP)
Police in UK - 138,000 (Office of National Statistics)

So the police numbers are 4.8 times larger.

Now, if we (very unscientifically) scale the figures up:

USA - 54 deaths/week
UK - 0.0105769 deaths/week presently * pop factor (4.7) * police factor (4.8) = 0.2386147 deaths/week.

That still leaves the death factor at 226.3 times larger in the USA.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
02-23-2006, 04:40 AM

any opinions?

hahaha...50 cent sucks, he aint worth my dollar.

JohnnyNemesis
02-23-2006, 07:06 AM
hahaha...50 cent sucks, he aint worth my dollar.

Wow. Not only are you an idiot, but you're an idiot who happens to be three months late on the whole thing.

Go die, fucktard.

SmilingBob
02-25-2006, 09:58 PM
Thanks - didn't even think about scaling those original figures down! So here goes:

Population of USA - 281,421,906 (2000 Census)
Population of UK - 59,834,300 (Office of National Statistics 2004)

So the population is 4.7 times larger.

Police in USA - 663,535 (IACP)
Police in UK - 138,000 (Office of National Statistics)

So the police numbers are 4.8 times larger.

Now, if we (very unscientifically) scale the figures up:

USA - 54 deaths/week
UK - 0.0105769 deaths/week presently * pop factor (4.7) * police factor (4.8) = 0.2386147 deaths/week.

That still leaves the death factor at 226.3 times larger in the USA.

All that proves is that American police are more likely to be killed on duty than British police. Not that armed officers are more likely to be killed. All you stat searching has not really backed up your point.

Arming British police does not mean that they suddenly become more likely to die in the line of duty (though maybe through a sudden epidemic of death by cramp through filling out all the extra paper work they will inevitably end up with...).