11-20-2005, 08:07 AM
does anyone know how to knit?
i'm trying to knit a "paton's fashion scarf"
in other words, one of these fluffy things:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87/MLloyd/patonscarf.jpg
but i'm failing miserably :(

the_GoDdEsS
11-20-2005, 08:22 AM
My aunty taught me when I was 9. I pretty much forgot it afterwards.

Megs
11-20-2005, 08:25 AM
my nan and my mum are both amazing, they can do it real fast and without looking, whereas i have to concentrate really hard on it, and i usually take about 40 secinds for each piggin' stitch.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-20-2005, 08:31 AM
I might take up knitting just for the pure hell of it.

Megs
11-20-2005, 08:33 AM
well, get shown by someone , because the instructions in the booklet i got are confusing as it gets. i still don't get it completely. it's like, knit one row, then do two kniot stitches, then a purl row, then two knit stitches at the end of the row, then do a knit row, and so on and so forth.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-20-2005, 08:37 AM
well, get shown by someone , because the instructions in the booklet i got are confusing as it gets. i still don't get it completely. it's like, knit one row, then do two kniot stitches, then a purl row, then two knit stitches at the end of the row, then do a knit row, and so on and so forth.
I'd get my friend.. oh wait, I can't cause I'm banned from hanging with girls, darn :(

Chris1990
11-20-2005, 09:21 AM
I have a feeling this is gonna turn into the BBS drama arguement soon...

joethejudge
11-20-2005, 09:29 AM
My girlfriend tried to teach me...and failed miserably.
She was doing a scarf for a friend at the time and you can clearly see which line is mine :o I thought it gave it a bit of character...

Sunny
11-20-2005, 09:31 AM
I'd get my friend.. oh wait, I can't cause I'm banned from hanging with girls, darn :(

It takes some serious talent to find a way to whine about your relationship in a KNITTING thread.

dude, if it bugs you, talk to your girlfriend. not us.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-20-2005, 09:32 AM
Well they was teaching my old textiles class knitting but me and my friend James was having sword fights with the knitting pegs.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-20-2005, 09:34 AM
It takes some serious talent to find a way to whine about your relationship in a KNITTING thread.

dude, if it bugs you, talk to your girlfriend. not us.
Nah I was about to say my friend can teach me, but then realized I can't, and to tell the truth I really cannot be assed to stop typing a message when I start.

China Boy
11-20-2005, 02:02 PM
I know how to knit. My old textile crafts teacher used to give me "knitting homework"

*shudders*

Little_Miss_1565
11-20-2005, 05:07 PM
Oh man, I could kill for knitting homework. Hell, I've gotten a lot more knitting done than homework in the last couple weeks. I've made a pair of black armwarmers, I'm halfway through a blue pair, and I just knit a wool and mohair ribbed orange hat. Mmmm, yay! Perhaps I'll post pictures sometime.

Rag Doll
11-20-2005, 05:10 PM
I haven't been able to do that since I was like 7 =(

Taime13
11-20-2005, 06:00 PM
i wont be allowed to knit cause knowing me i would turn them into a pair of weapons and go on a killing spree killing all wool objects