PDA

View Full Version : Simpsons or family guy?

GBH2
12-01-2004, 01:41 PM
personally, i think their both halarious, but i like the simpsons better

lousyskater
12-01-2004, 01:43 PM
Family Guy owns the Simpsons.

Tired_Of_You
12-01-2004, 01:50 PM
The Simpsons but Family Guy is pretty good too

Moose
12-01-2004, 02:18 PM
look...the simpsons is a classic but not what it was, family guy is great, but has not been on as long, and we can only see if it can live up to what it was when it comes back...id say the smpsons has been pretty weak for about 2 seasons now...maybe 3...but the simpsons based on what they brought for future shows, such as aquateen hungerforce, family guy (brother of the simpsons lets face it), and all the crazy shit you see now...but both are great...still have to vote simpsons.

livecby
12-01-2004, 02:19 PM
defenetly The Simpsons! but old ones. as a huge fan of the simpsons i'll admit the new episodes are just plain bad! but family guy is kinda dumb. the humor is just so random it makes it dumb.

Obie2trice
12-01-2004, 02:23 PM
Simpsons are great, but they don`t beat South Park

jimmyjimjimz
12-01-2004, 03:08 PM
Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park, Futurama.........................

I love all 4 equally. I just wish they'd bring back Futurama like theyre bringing back Family Guy.

wheelchairman
12-01-2004, 03:21 PM
Brother of the Simpsons? No, Family Guy made cartoon comedies into a class of it's own. At a time when Simpson's humor is waning, Family Guy came and was just utter brilliance.
I would say that Family Guy is the best.
The Simpson's are quite good though. I never really found Futurama to be a laugh riot although sometimes it was funny. South Park is funny, but the jokes can be rather stupid and just...well when you expect the cutting edge of offensiveness then sometimes you get disappointed.

yummy yummy punkrockgirl
12-01-2004, 03:26 PM
the simpsons

jimmyjimjimz
12-01-2004, 03:31 PM
South Park is funny, but the jokes can be rather stupid and just...well when you expect the cutting edge of offensiveness then sometimes you get disappointed.
That's because there's something here in the US called the FCC, which fines TV and radio broadcasts for being "too raunchy". And, with George Bush still in office, they have to tone things down a little. Yeah, South park was much funnier with Clinton in office, and that's because Clinton actually has a sense of humor. I was listening to an interview with Seth MacFarlane, the creator of Family Guy, and he said the FCC is baning all fart jokes and poop jokes now, so, all because of the idiots who voted Bush in for a 2nd term, it's gonna be like that for another four years.

UgLy_eLf
12-01-2004, 03:47 PM
FCC huh, next for years aye, so what are they going to do about Family Guy since the show is returning in March, ban it? Or perhaps the creators with conform to the lame humor on television these days?

wheelchairman
12-01-2004, 03:49 PM
Well I never found the fart jokes funny. The poop jokes were only funny with Mr. Hankie.

What I was referring to was the stupid appeals to patriotism such as when they mock Osama Bin Laden or Saddam Hussein.

jimmyjimjimz
12-01-2004, 03:52 PM
What I was referring to was the stupid appeals to patriotism such as when they mock Osama Bin Laden or Saddam Hussein.
Oh, they mocked Saddam on South Park even before Bush became president. I don't understand why, maybe they thought it would be good comedy to have him be Satan's boyfriend, but I don't know.

wheelchairman
12-01-2004, 04:02 PM
You must have a very short memory if you don't remember that Saddam was an enemy of Bill as well. And I mean very short.

DUKESTER76
12-01-2004, 04:36 PM
i grew up with the Simpsons and can actually relate with them on a few things. so i vote Simpsons

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-01-2004, 04:50 PM
They are both good, but Family Guy stomps The Simpson's ass any day.

In a kinda related story, how come you never hear of Dilbert these days?

lousyskater
12-01-2004, 04:51 PM
because it was never really given a chance.

wheelchairman
12-01-2004, 04:57 PM
because it was never really given a chance.
what? It lasted for years, and was given it's own tv show. It's had too much of a chance.

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-01-2004, 05:01 PM
I meant the Dilbert cartoon show. I loved that cartoon.

*Tear*

BREAK
12-01-2004, 05:02 PM
Am I the only person in the world who thinks Family Guy blows huge vomit-splattered goat entrails?

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-01-2004, 05:04 PM
Why, I believe so, yes.

babycraze{Angie}
12-01-2004, 05:05 PM
for me, it's all about:
1. Beavis & Butthead (THEY'RE #1 FOR ME ANY TIME!!!!!!) reason y i love em so much is cuz they're stupid and stupid ppl make me laugh, they do the dumbest shit and it's funny :D
2. South Park (KENNY RULZ!!!!)
3. The Chappelle's Show
4. Simpsons
5. Family Guy
6. In Living Color
and that's about it for me.

lousyskater
12-01-2004, 05:07 PM
Am I the only person in the world who thinks Family Guy blows huge vomit-splattered goat entrails?
yes you are.

livecby
12-01-2004, 05:12 PM

no, i agree with you. It blows alright. it blows big time!

UgLy_eLf
12-01-2004, 05:53 PM
Dilbert's still on I think, I havent had any TV since Oct, but it's on Comedy Central at 1am on Sundays, or Saturdays I cant rememeber, probably re-runs but meh

Moose
12-01-2004, 06:48 PM
Brother of the Simpsons? No, Family Guy made cartoon comedies into a class of it's own. At a time when Simpson's humor is waning, Family Guy came and was just utter brilliance.
The Simpson's are quite good though. I never really found Futurama to be a laugh riot although sometimes it was funny. South Park is funny, but the jokes can be rather stupid and just...well when you expect the cutting edge of offensiveness then sometimes you get disappointed.

family guy bites off the simpsons a lot, whether it is intentional or not...a 4 fingered family with a dumb fat husband who is married to a woman who is supposed to be attractive that everyone else wants with a black friend and a white friend, a handicapped friend (carl, lenny, barney)...a dumb son and a daughter who isnt cool...the 2 main differences are the talking dog brian and the son stewie...its a great show, and yes it has more edge than the simpsons, but the simpsons stepped over that line and family guy took it that much further...they are both great, i have all the family guy dvd and seasons 1 through 4 of the simpsons...futurama had its moments, king of the hill isnt bad pretty different from the others, and south park is also great. but this is simply matter of opinion and how you look at the shows.

Jebus
12-01-2004, 07:05 PM
The old simpsons kick family guy's ass but now family guy is better than the new Simpsons episodes. I voted for family guy since i'm hating direction the Simpsons are going toward right now. I can't wait untill the new family guy episodes come. So here's my list
1. Family Guy
2. Simpsons
3. South Park
4. Kind og the Hill
5. Futurama

Betty
12-01-2004, 07:07 PM
Personally, I think South Park is absolutely terrible.

Also, I chose Simpsons because I've been practically rolling on the floor laughing to that show, but that has never happened with Family Guy.

Jebus
12-01-2004, 07:09 PM
lso, I chose Simpsons because I've been practically rolling on the floor laughing to that show, but that has never happened with Family Guy.
you didnt roll down on the floor when the Evil Monkey showed up! or that time when peter fought that giant chicken.

livecby
12-01-2004, 07:12 PM
you said exactly what i've been thinking. I think i've laughed the loudest, the most, and the longest from the simpsons, where as family guy is always just meh, a chuckle here, a chuckle there...

Moose
12-01-2004, 07:24 PM
old simpsons episodes i laughed a lot more...family guy i laugh a shitload at that i must say, but for what the simpsons did and how long they lasted...but family guy is funny as hell...i love the fighting chicken...o man that show is great...ya im putting on the dvds now.

Betty
12-01-2004, 07:41 PM
The monkey was good... but doesn't top when the balloon got sucked into Homer's mouth. (which may not be as universally funny... but it came to mind)

livecby
12-01-2004, 07:47 PM
another hilarious one was when bart and homer made a conga line and sang, "you don't win friends with salad, you don't win friends with salad" lol

Moose
12-01-2004, 08:10 PM
or when barney yells out "GO BACK TO RUSSIA!" when lisa brings out the cold tomato soup or whatever...that was great.

livecby
12-01-2004, 08:14 PM
lol! I love that episode. its probably one of my favorites. ha ha!

Trip Boy
12-01-2004, 11:36 PM

Shut up, cripples have no rights to opinions.

UgLy_eLf
12-01-2004, 11:53 PM
Don't you people watch the Simpsons, Family Guy does rip off the Simpsons on purpose though because it's funny, one episode of the Simpsons comes to mind: The episode where Homer gets the cloning hammack, and clones himself, Peter from Family Guy is in the field of clones.

Trip Boy
12-01-2004, 11:58 PM
God doesn't like you.

Tijs
12-02-2004, 05:37 AM
Simpsons, both are good though.

4eh
12-02-2004, 06:06 AM
i don't know.... The Simpsons are classic, but Family Guy is good too

I like them all

iamfromengland
12-02-2004, 06:12 AM
i tink the simpsons are wicked i watch them all the time
well it not that funny but i laugh most of the time even my dad !!!!! :p

Subsidal
12-02-2004, 08:21 AM
The Simpsons are the best comic series I've ever seen

RonWelty
12-02-2004, 08:25 AM
i like them a lot but unfortunately they stopped FAMILY GUY at night on FOX tv here ;(

shatskater
12-02-2004, 09:14 AM
ya but did you know that Matt Groening was the person who created family guy, so it really isnt any different than the simpsons...except for the simpsons is the longest running family cartoon ever and are still going...the simpsons beat family guy to a pulp. i love the simpsons have watched it since i was little and have seen almost all of the show, even the old ones. family guy is nothing compared to the simpsons.

4eh
12-02-2004, 09:30 AM
i think that he didn't! he made The Simpsons and Futurama not FG

lousyskater
12-02-2004, 09:39 AM
ya but did you know that Matt Groening was the person who created family guy, so it really isnt any different than the simpsons...except for the simpsons is the longest running family cartoon ever and are still going...the simpsons beat family guy to a pulp. i love the simpsons have watched it since i was little and have seen almost all of the show, even the old ones. family guy is nothing compared to the simpsons.
wtf are you talking about? Matt Groening didn't make Family Guy, Seth Macfarlane is the creator of Family Guy.

i like them a lot but unfortunately they stopped FAMILY GUY at night on FOX tv here ;(
don't worry. the new season is supposed to start late this spring.

samr
12-02-2004, 10:03 AM
Family Guy is better, but The simpsons were good; they just got a little more worse every day, about after mod died.