PDA

View Full Version : Caffeine addiction

Sin Studly
11-21-2005, 07:45 AM
Seriously, is there a more annoying addiction? It feels like you've had a fucking nail driven through you damn skull, and it takes about three or four days to figure out it's because you're in caffeine withdrawel, so you suffer like shit until you realise strong coffee makes it go away.

Who's suffered from this?

Izie
11-21-2005, 07:49 AM
*raises hand*

I have lived through that for two very exausting years. It's more or less gone now, but I feel your pain.

However, I do have a headache now and caffeine might help, hmmm

Tizzalicious
11-21-2005, 07:51 AM
Hmm yes. I never drank coffee, because it's bad for my migraines. Then when I was on a med-stop, I drank loads of it to kill some migraines (it's bad to drink it regulary, but it can also kill them when you have a migraine), but I started doing that a lot, and more and more. So now I need the coffee, or else I'll have a migraine for sure. It's not good at all. I managed to build it down a bit though, so now I just need a coffee every morning.

Sin Studly
11-21-2005, 07:52 AM
Christ it's annoying. I've suffered through some of the worst addictions on the planet (ie ; methamphetamine, heroin, nicotine, alcohol, benzodiazapams, all terribly strong addictions in their different ways) but none of them are more annoying than the caffeine addiction, because the shit doesn't even give you cravings, so you don't realise you're suffering hardcore because your body wants caffeine. I hate that shit.

JoY
11-21-2005, 08:01 AM
I've never really suffered from caffeine addiction. thank god. it always makes my mouth taste like a fucking cave after a while. can't stand my own nicotine addiction, though.

Rag Doll
11-21-2005, 08:05 AM
I've been like that for a few years. I drink a few cups a day, usually, and a few shots of espresso. And not having it gives me the absolute worst headaches...which I usually try and get rid of with advil/benadryl. It's not until that doesn't work that I'm like "ah, coffeeeee...". =\

Sin Studly
11-21-2005, 08:06 AM
The worst I had was when I drank 15 cups of turkish coffee a day. It was so fucking bad it made me long for heroin addiction.

Betty
11-21-2005, 08:58 AM
I love hearing this because it makes my personal efforts to mostly abstain from caffeine, at least on a regular basis, not seen entirely in vain.

It's funny, society has become so dependent on caffeine that any sort of social function absolutely has to have scheduled coffee breaks. And they're not even breaks that people use to have a coffee, but are specifically designated as coffee breaks.

Vera
11-21-2005, 09:07 AM
I've never really suffered from caffeine addiction. thank god.
Me either. I've always preferred tea & cola drinks to coffee and tea has the caffeine coffee has. Coffee makes me jittery.

I've made a habit out of tea in the mornings, again, and I think I may be risking addiction soon.

Little_Miss_1565
11-21-2005, 09:11 AM
I heard that caffeine addiction is fake.

Sin Studly
11-21-2005, 09:11 AM
Addiction is hard to develop, at least, for me. But the worst thing about it is, [b]you're in agonising pain and have no clue it's BECAUSE you're addicted[/i]. The first time I had it it took weeks to realise "Oh, when I drink coffee, my horrible debilitating pain stops"

Vera
11-21-2005, 09:13 AM
I think people call it an addiction easier because it's easy to form a habit out of drinking caffeine drinks in the morning, in the afternoon when you need to perk up etc. So some caffeine "addicts" aren't really addicted.

Sin Studly
11-21-2005, 09:14 AM
No, trust me. It's a severe physical addiction, with no psychological cravings. It'll give you pain so bad you will cry like a little girl, but you won't even realise why you're in so much pain.

JoY
11-21-2005, 09:18 AM
I did have that with painkillers.

Sin Studly
11-21-2005, 09:19 AM
Opiate painkillers? Opiate withdrawels are (to me) better than caffeine, they might be harder to deal with, but at least you realise "Oh, I'm craving heroin" instead of "I'm in massive pain and have no idea why".

HeadAroundU
11-21-2005, 09:35 AM
I'm not smoking, not drinking coffee..I'm happy :)
and coffee smells/tastes like shit....blah

little things kill!!!

sKratch
11-21-2005, 09:51 AM
I heard that caffeine addiction is fake.
Owned.

And I'm only a recreational coffee drinker, so I don't get anything like that.

JohnnyNemesis
11-21-2005, 09:58 AM
I don't drink coffee and I generally avoid caffeine. I get addicted to things to easily, so I know what'll happen if I start. Besides, I don't like coffee either. Most of the coffee I've had tastes absolutely horrible, and all the coffee drinkers I know (which means everyone I know) usually smell really bad all the time.

Also, the kinda coffee served here is for white people. Ew. I'm too busy drinking my Corona and chugging hot sauce outta the bottle.

sKratch
11-21-2005, 10:05 AM
Do you feel no compassion for your hermanos colombianos?
Err... I mean... You're black! lolz

JoY
11-21-2005, 10:09 AM
Opiate painkillers? Opiate withdrawels are (to me) better than caffeine, they might be harder to deal with, but at least you realise "Oh, I'm craving heroin" instead of "I'm in massive pain and have no idea why".
I don't think so. just.. painkillers. at some point I couldn't type anymore, because my hands were aching so bad, I could only clench them to fists. I couldn't play the violin anymore, every joint in my body was hurting & most of all, my head. then suddenly it hit me; "oh right.. I haven't taken painkillers today.."

HornyPope
11-21-2005, 10:15 AM
I drink a cup or two--sometimes three--of coffee a day. Nothing worrysome.

T-6005
11-21-2005, 10:16 AM
I occasionally have coffee. But not often.

And I stay away from hard drugs because I would like them too much. I don't have the willpower to stop once I start, as my tendency to need alcohol several nights a week shows.

Nina
11-21-2005, 10:32 AM
I point and laugh at you for being addicted.

OR you all point and laugh at me because I get headaches from caffeine :[

Mota Boy
11-21-2005, 03:08 PM
I rarely drink coffee, but I've learned to like it. None of that fancy shit, just whatever the house blend is, taken black. I mainly drink it because I like to do reading at coffee houses and you've gotta buy something when you stop by. I'll only notice an effect if I've had a few cups to drink, and then only several hours after I've imbibed. Even the few times I've ordered strong coffee, it just makes me feel tired immediately after drinking it.

Sin Studly
11-21-2005, 07:17 PM
I don't think so. just.. painkillers. at some point I couldn't type anymore, because my hands were aching so bad, I could only clench them to fists. I couldn't play the violin anymore, every joint in my body was hurting & most of all, my head. then suddenly it hit me; "oh right.. I haven't taken painkillers today.."

That sounds more like the pain killers were killing inflammation pain, rather than actually causing dt pains.

0r4ng3
11-21-2005, 07:40 PM
I've never had a caffene addiction because sadly, Sunkist has no caffene.

Offspring7
11-21-2005, 07:43 PM
I went through a caffeine addiction. Every single school morning a drank a mug or two of Folger's Mocha Chocolate Cappachino. It was great, until I heard it stunted growth, and I tried to stop. I've stopped my hardcore addiction, which was hard to do, and now I only drink the occasional cup of cappachino or Coke. Advil didn't work? Wow. I tried two extra strengh Equate pain relievers, and they worked with sleep.

Kitten
11-21-2005, 07:59 PM
Whenever I feel a headache coming on I will go and brew myself a coffee. Even if it isn't from caffeine withdrawal, I have found that it staves off most headaches.
As for withdrawal, I went off coffee for about 3 years. It was terrible, for a little while, but I missed the taste of the coffee more than anything else.

coke_a_holic
11-21-2005, 08:04 PM
I don't really go through withdrawal because I've almost always got a caffeine fix of some kind. I started to feel it once when I was backpacking in the mountains, but it was on one of the very last days, so I could basically soothe it as soon as I got back to base camp. But yeah, I know what you mean, it's a terrible feeling.

Sunny
11-21-2005, 08:05 PM
hrm. weird. i drink plenty of coffee.. but i can go for a really long time without it and not even notice.

SkunkIt
11-21-2005, 11:19 PM
The most coffee I ever drank was 12 cups of espresso in a day when I was 12 and I used to drink five Mountain Dews a day. Before that, I used to drink coffee everyday, but I never had a caffiene addiction. I barely drink caffiene drinks anymore, besides green tea and the occasional Starbucks or energy drink.

Mota Boy
11-21-2005, 11:22 PM
I've never had a caffene addiction because sadly, Sunkist has no caffene.

Who likes orange soda? Kel likes orange soda.

...I can't believe that that just forced itself into my mind.

barangatang
11-21-2005, 11:44 PM
^That show fucking rocked my sox.

Yatesy
11-22-2005, 03:16 AM
Seriously, is there a more annoying addiction? It feels like you've had a fucking nail driven through you damn skull, and it takes about three or four days to figure out it's because you're in caffeine withdrawel, so you suffer like shit until you realise strong coffee makes it go away.

Who's suffered from this?

I have a sort of caffine addiction, I was really bad last week when I decided to see what would happen if I went a week without a can of Red Bull. Then I brought a can and i drank it like I've never had the stuff. lol