PDA

View Full Version : Playing the Angel

ruroken
11-21-2005, 09:15 AM
I strongly urge you to go buy this album. It's amazing, the variety of sounds in each song and of course, his amazing voice. I've never had so many eargasms...not even from You'll Rebel To Anything. Depeche Mode may have even outdone Violator. Fucking incredible.

JohnnyNemesis
11-21-2005, 09:21 AM
...you have it?

YOU HAVE IT?!opgfjdoil jj hoip;h

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW DESPERATE I AM FOR THIS ALBUM?!

Dude, I can't afford it, but you have to send it to me. Send me each track in MP3.

Violator was their masterpiece. If they've outdone it....

You've reduced me to the kind of shit a spammer would post! Good god!

ruroken
11-21-2005, 12:15 PM
:D
I would, but I'm not on a computer at home right now, so I'll send it to you next week. What's your preferred way of them being sent and what order would you like?
I love it more every time I listen to it.

ruroken
11-22-2005, 12:05 PM
Everybody, I will have "Suffer Well" for download in my sig next week. Download it, and tell me what you think [in PM].
Suffer Well is easily the best song on the album, even though they all kick mass ass. Ooh, and The Darkest Star! And Precious! And Damaged People! And and and *hugs the CD*

nieh
05-19-2006, 06:44 AM
So I bought this album like...1-2 months ago after Rick uploaded John the Revelator someplace. I was never especially into these guys but this album is great.

JohnnyNemesis
05-19-2006, 07:22 AM
Sweet! John the Revelator is a phenomenal song. I hope more peopl get into the album, as it totally lives up to my expectations.

nieh
05-19-2006, 07:31 AM
I have a feeling I probably would've liked some of their earlier stuff if it had different production. I HATE 80s production with a passion and it ruins so many songs for me. This album has a great sound to it and there's almost always some sorta noise in the background to give it a bit of an atmosphere that they never really pulled off before.

Just cause I know it'll piss you off, the singer sounds exactly like the guy from the Strokes on Lilian.

ruroken
05-26-2006, 08:25 AM
Is it just me, or does not hearing it for four months because your friend has it make it kind of... hard to pay attention to? Like... how do I explain this... it kind of fades away until you realize you were listening to music...?