PDA

View Full Version : Gay as follows

the_offsprings_monkey
11-21-2005, 09:56 AM
I find these people to be rather shit, what people do you find shit.

Mcfly (bitch's to pop)
My chemical 'fucking' romance
Velvet revolver
Good Charlotte (been really shit latly)
Vertigo down (my mates band)
The game (got kicked out of g-unit and is dissing them)
50 cent

I will add more later.

Kerr
11-21-2005, 10:11 AM
Velvet Revolver aren't actually too bad. I'd personally add to the list Limp Bizkit. Talentless "rap metal". Eurgh.

Yatesy
11-21-2005, 10:25 AM

Velvet revolver

FOOL! Scott Weiland & Slash>The Offspring!

Anyways, my list would be too long, but the vast majority of the new-wave indie bands would be part of my list (i.e. Razorlight, The Libertines, The Rakes etc.).

Lars
11-21-2005, 10:36 AM
Oh, I thought this might have been about Gay For Johnny Dep (http://gayforjohnnydepp.com/) but it's not...

Yatesy
11-21-2005, 10:37 AM
I've not actually heard anything from them, any good?

original_prankster
11-21-2005, 10:52 AM
Bright Eyes...ew.

JohnnyNemesis
11-21-2005, 10:54 AM
Velvet Revolver is pure fucking trash. They're so bad that I think even "worst band" lists are insulted by their presence.

Punky Dudess
11-21-2005, 11:04 AM
The lead singer of Velvet Revolver makes me feel really sad...are they an emo band or something?

Kerr
11-21-2005, 11:47 AM
The lead singer of Velvet Revolver makes me feel really sad...are they an emo band or something?
Not at all, just a regular hard rock band to me, but that's just my opinion.

Truth be told, I got mega bored of VR after a while, but I still think they're OK, kinda trashy in a way.

And yatesy, I am with the new-wave indie bands thing. I do like Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, The Others, The Duke Spirit, Supergrass (though they've been on for ten years now) etc etc. I dunno what all the hype with Bloc Party is though - I admit, I do like a couple of songs (Helicopter and Like Eating Glass) but apart from that they sound the same and they're a bit lame and boring.

mrconeman
11-21-2005, 12:04 PM
I agree with every band in this thread except Velvet Revolver.
And personaly the fact that someone put them in a list with Mcfly fucking discusts me, you're talking about musical legends, Slash, Duff Mckagen and Matt Sorum, all of the legendary Guns n Roses, and Scot Weiland of the not quite so legendary but still legendary Stone Temple Pilots, they are not only a better band, but Slash alone has more skill in his little finger than any of those other bands have put together, and I may be coming across as a fanboy or whatever, but think before you post, The fact that they ARE legends that you cant disagree with, and I'm trying not to be an asshole or anything you can hate them all you want, but putting them alongside those other shitty pop-emo bands is a fucking disgrace.

JohnnyNemesis
11-21-2005, 12:09 PM

Oh, and you need to get your facts straight on this one.

Megs
11-21-2005, 12:18 PM

Mcfly (bitch's to pop)
Velvet revolver
Good Charlotte (been really shit latly)
Vertigo down (my mates band)
50 cent

I will add more later.
how could you say that!? :(

Nirushika6789
11-21-2005, 12:22 PM
how can you people say that about Velvet Revolver?

its full of legends

Slash, Duff McKagen ....these dudes are amazing...no one can say they have no talent or that they arent amazing...

the lead singer of Velvet Revolver is a little weird with the whole 'bone thin' thing but other than that i like the band
i dont love ... i like

but the line up in that band is AMAZING

dalaksta
11-21-2005, 02:44 PM
i agree with all of urs

the_offsprings_monkey
11-21-2005, 03:05 PM
I agree with every band in this thread except Velvet Revolver.
And personaly the fact that someone put them in a list with Mcfly fucking discusts me, you're talking about musical legends, Slash, Duff Mckagen and Matt Sorum, all of the legendary Guns n Roses, and Scot Weiland of the not quite so legendary but still legendary Stone Temple Pilots, they are not only a better band, but Slash alone has more skill in his little finger than any of those other bands have put together, and I may be coming across as a fanboy or whatever, but think before you post, The fact that they ARE legends that you cant disagree with, and I'm trying not to be an asshole or anything you can hate them all you want, but putting them alongside those other shitty pop-emo bands is a fucking disgrace.
Yea it's a list of bands I hate.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-21-2005, 03:06 PM
Oh, and you need to get your facts straight on this one.
Nah here's what I heard, He got kicked out of G-unit soon as tony yayo came out of jail, then The game went and did the ong 300bars, which is dissing 50cent and some other people.

JohnnyNemesis
11-21-2005, 03:49 PM
Yeah, and that story is false. I'll set the record straight for you on MSN sometime.

Slash, Duff McKagen ....these dudes are amazing...no one can say they have no talent or that they arent amazing...

Yeah, if heroin use, uninspired riffs, and acting like it's still 1992 is "amazing" then sure, they're really friggin' amazing.

Offspring-Fanatic
11-21-2005, 03:59 PM

Noo! Don't say that! I LOVE them! Fine you can think that... but they are great! But nothing is better than The Offspring. None.

mrconeman
11-21-2005, 06:02 PM
Yeah, and that story is false. I'll set the record straight for you on MSN sometime.

Yeah, if heroin use, uninspired riffs, and acting like it's still 1992 is "amazing" then sure, they're really friggin' amazing.
Well for a start they have all been off drugs (with the exception of original guns drumemr Steven Adler) since they started doing sessions for Use your Illiusion albums, the reason steven was kicked was because he couldnt kick his drug habbit like the rest of them, to the point were he couldnt play gigs.
And dude I know its your own opinion and all but how in Gods name can you say uninspired riffs, reffering to any of their past endevours, Guns n Roses, Slash's Snake Pit and Velvet Revolver.
Lets see you write guitar lines like Welcome to the Jungle, or the riff from Fall to peices (and yes I'm naming the more popular songs so you will know them you dont appear to be a fan) not to mention of course Sweet Child o mine's intro riff, chorus riff and really rather great solo.
When you can write half as good as any member of any band just named, then you can critisize their riffs.

Apathy
11-21-2005, 06:15 PM
bands I hate...switchfoot, jet, U2, Simple Plan, Foo Fighters, and Good Charlotte would definately all be towards the top. Aside from that, most stuff in the rock genre is ok.

JohnnyNemesis
11-21-2005, 06:28 PM
When you can write half as good as any member of any band just named, then you can critisize their riffs.

I want you to sit back and really, really think about how stupid this comment is. By this logic, no one should be saying negative opinions about anything, ever.

You invalidated everythign else there.

coke_a_holic
11-21-2005, 06:59 PM
I like VR, despite the fact that they are repetitive. I think they have great potential, but they rushed the cd. They needed to spend more time on songs because many of the songs sound really similar. I don't know, there are just a few really great tracks on the new cd, and I was kind of hoping they would make something more than just a few great tracks considering they have the majority of GnR AND a clean Scott Weiland. People don't give them as much of a chance as I think they deserve, personally, but that's just my opinion.

Yatesy
11-22-2005, 01:10 AM
you're talking about musical legends, Slash, Duff Mckagen and Matt Sorum, all of the legendary Guns n Roses, and Scot Weiland of the not quite so legendary but still legendary Stone Temple Pilots.

Stone Temple Pilots>Guns n Roses

mrconeman
11-22-2005, 06:32 AM
Stone Temple Pilots>Guns n Roses
Opinion.

I want you to sit back and really, really think about how stupid this comment is. By this logic, no one should be saying negative opinions about anything, ever.
Giving a negitive opinion on a band, and stating a fact about a riff are 100% different things you idiot.

JohnnyNemesis
11-22-2005, 07:16 AM
Giving a negitive opinion on a band, and stating a fact about a riff are 100% different things you idiot.

How the hell is me saying it's "uninspired" stating a fact? That's my opinion too (even though it IS damn close to a fact). Seriously, stop for a second and think about how stupid what you're saying is.

mrconeman
11-22-2005, 07:22 AM
It was stated as a fact, you didnt say, "I think" or "in my opinion" or anything close to that. You just said "Uninspired riffs".
I mean do you even play an instrument?
I agree that obviously you dont have to be better than something to pass critisism on it, but you at least have to know what you are talking about, wich I beleive you seem not to, there is plenty of music I hate for example most of this Emo music out these days, but I can always agree with someone if they say a certain part of the song was well written by the band members.
You are just taking your judgement on the band as a whole (obviously you dont like them) and are critisising riffs, not songs as a whole, wich is pretty retarded, if you dont at least play an instrument, if you do play something, and still truely beleive that every riff you have ever heard by those musicians is "uninspired" well, my mistake I suppose, but I highly disagree.

JohnnyNemesis
11-22-2005, 07:35 AM
It was stated as a fact, you didnt say, "I think" or "in my opinion" or anything close to that. You just said "Uninspired riffs".

Okay, I'll be sure to start EVERY SINGLE SENTENCE I FUCKING SAY with "In my opinion". It's MUSIC, you moron, OF COURSE it's opinion. There are no facts when you're dealing with something that is all about taste. It's ALL OPINION.

I mean do you even play an instrument?

We already went over how irrelevant this question is. Funny how you're saying that we all have different opinions, yet you're still getting mad that I expressed mine.

You are just taking your judgement on the band as a whole (obviously you dont like them) and are critisising riffs, not songs as a whole, wich is pretty retarded, if you dont at least play an instrument

You don't need to play an instrument to have ears and notice that Velvet Revolver hasn't exactly broken new ground with their riffs. They're fucking boring.

You're really shocking me. I've dealt with some real idiots around here, but you're a special one.

Or, correction: "In my most humble opinion, you appear to be less intelligent than some of the other fellows I've had these discussions with". Does that sound better, asshole?

XYlophonetreeZ
11-22-2005, 09:09 AM
Coneman, why are you even worried about an opinion being a fact if you're just going to step in and say it's wrong either way? You must hold Johnny in pretty high esteem if you read his words and automatically think "fact."

Or, to make a slightly more obvious statement: pwn3d!

the_offsprings_monkey
11-22-2005, 09:14 AM
I'd like to add 'Son of dork'

Offspring-Fanatic
11-22-2005, 03:59 PM
bands I hate...switchfoot, jet, U2, Simple Plan, Foo Fighters, and Good Charlotte would definately all be towards the top. Aside from that, most stuff in the rock genre is ok.

i agree with you on switchfoot all the way! my friends love them, i hate them! Simple Plan is just...i dont know how to say it....punk posers? U2 i hate, i have an older good charlotte cd (never listen to it though),

foo fighters and jet are alright though

Professor Chaos
11-22-2005, 04:16 PM
mrconeman, talented musicians doesn't always mean good music.
And Velvet Revolver's not even talented, apart from Slash, and he's always too drunk to write anything good anymore.

Madman_1013
11-30-2005, 12:14 AM
I agree they're all shit. I whish they would all turn gay and get aids and die!!

.:SMASH:.
11-30-2005, 12:20 AM
I agree they're all shit. I whish they would all turn gay and get aids and die!!
i like that idea

the_offsprings_monkey
12-02-2005, 07:33 AM
I'd like to add any of those gay busted bands.

JohnnyNemesis
12-02-2005, 07:37 AM
Hahaha. This is that thread where mrconeman cried because I didn't like Velvet Revolver. Then I did the verbal equivalent of fucking his mother and pissing on his father's grave. Good times.

I'm adding The Strokes. Horrifically horrible band.

the_offsprings_monkey
12-02-2005, 08:21 AM
Hahaha. This is that thread where mrconeman cried because I didn't like Velvet Revolver. Then I did the verbal equivalent of fucking his mother and pissing on his father's grave. Good times.

Velvet Revolver are total crap.

ruroken
12-02-2005, 08:56 AM
Velvet Revolver is pure fucking trash. They're so bad that I think even "worst band" lists are insulted by their presence.
I know! I expected something good... :(

OMG! I thought I was the only one who thought they sucked! What was that album...um...whatever is supposedly their 'best' totally sucked ass.

nieh
12-02-2005, 09:50 AM

I like their first album a lot. Good songwriting, good basslines. Who cares if they swiped the guitar riff from "American Girl" for "Last Nite"? I know someone else that hates the band that after listening to a chunk of their album in my car said "You know, I think the only reason I really hate these guys is because of their production. It makes them sound more derivative and retro than they actually are." Their second album didn't do it for me though. Their bass player got boring and that ruined the whole thing for me.

Yatesy
12-02-2005, 09:51 AM

Agreed! They're huge in England. =\ But then again, they have made one good song.

Kerr
12-02-2005, 12:18 PM
Nah, the Strokes are OK, fairly good, with some awesome songs, but very boring too. They are very overrated in England.

Jakebert
12-02-2005, 12:41 PM
The problem I have with Velvet Revolver is that despite all of the talented members in the band, they really don't show for it.

coke_a_holic
12-02-2005, 12:56 PM
I'm suprised no one has mentioned the atrocity that is Fall Out Boy. Dear Jesus, they make me wonder if music will ever get out of this lame pop-punk/emo phase. It just creates some sort of bleak future for music whenever I have to listen to that noise.

Jakebert
12-02-2005, 01:02 PM
Man, how could we have forgotten them.

ruroken
12-02-2005, 01:26 PM
I'm suprised no one has mentioned the atrocity that is Fall Out Boy. Dear Jesus, they make me wonder if music will ever get out of this lame pop-punk/emo phase. It just creates some sort of bleak future for music whenever I have to listen to that noise.
And everyone seems to like them. In fact, they might grow on me...not likely, though.

Jakebert
12-02-2005, 01:33 PM
I don't get the Fall Out Boy trend whatsoever. I really don't see the appeal. None of the members are attractive (I'm straight. I swear.) The music isn't catchy at all, even in the bad way that most of those crappy bands similar to them are. I just don't get it.

Obie2trice
12-04-2005, 02:57 AM
How can you say that Good Charlotte`s been shit lately? They released their last album over a year ago

Socially Rejected
12-04-2005, 03:39 AM
Why the fuck does everyone keep persisting that good charlotte are fucking emo because they are not. My chemical romance try to be but there no fucking good at it. Also, why the hell did you put velvet revolver in that fucking list ? Oh, I forgot, your the one with that brain disease aren't you ? :rolleyes:

the_offsprings_monkey
12-05-2005, 01:40 AM
Why the fuck does everyone keep persisting that good charlotte are fucking emo because they are not. My chemical romance try to be but there no fucking good at it. Also, why the hell did you put velvet revolver in that fucking list ? Oh, I forgot, your the one with that brain disease aren't you ? :rolleyes:
NO. THEY ARE FUCKING SHIT!!!, as are you.