PDA

View Full Version : The Beatles

Drummerguy123
11-21-2005, 05:54 PM
What are your thoughts on The Beatles? Do you have a favorite song by them? Do you think they are over/underrated? Do you believe John Lennon lives? Post away.

Sinister
11-21-2005, 05:59 PM
They're way too smooth for me - but I recognize them as one of the greatest bands of all time, if not THE best. But don't listen to their music really much, it's not energetic enough.

Drummerguy123
11-21-2005, 06:09 PM
They're way too smooth for me - but I recognize them as one of the greatest bands of all time, if not THE best. But don't listen to their music really much, it's not energetic enough.

That's what I used to think, but I have started listening to them lately and they can be really energetic. I also love some of their calm songs like Eleanor Rigby, Golden Slumbers, and She's Leaving Home. But other songs like Caryy That Weight and Sgt. Pepper's lonely Hearts Club Band are pretty energetic.

bd007h
11-21-2005, 08:20 PM
The Beatles rocked. My sister is letting me borrow her Beatles cds I'm going to upload all of their albums to my computer.

dain84
11-21-2005, 08:31 PM
All of their albums Brett? They made like 40 of them, didn't they?

The Beatles saved music.

Drummerguy123
11-21-2005, 08:43 PM
Yeah, if you go to their website, they have like 3 pages of albums listed.

bd007h
11-21-2005, 08:46 PM
all the albums that were released on CD so far.

Drummerguy123
11-21-2005, 08:49 PM
all the albums that were released on CD so far.

I think all of them were already. maybe not. I dunno.

bd007h
11-21-2005, 09:07 PM
I have valuable information about the Beatles for everyone:

Paul Is Dead

All About Eve
11-22-2005, 03:58 PM
*Is probably the only non Beatles fan here*

To answer one question, yes, I do think they are overrated. Largely. I won't go into it now, possibly later.

Offspring-Fanatic
11-22-2005, 04:02 PM
I dont like them. I heard "I Am The Walrus" and I SWORE they were on drugs!

dain84
11-22-2005, 04:02 PM
I have valuable information about the Beatles for everyone:

Paul Is Dead

Yeah, and he's on an island jamming with Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix, Dimebag, John Lennon, Elvis, and Layne Stanley.

All About Eve
11-22-2005, 04:06 PM
Yeah, and he's on an island jamming with Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix, Dimebag, John Lennon, Elvis, and Layne Stanley.

Since Elvis was a hardcore shredder...

Offspring-Fanatic
11-22-2005, 04:18 PM
and he'll have his crazy white suit on too while he's on that surfboard!

"heartbreak hotel......" he'll be singin

bd007h
11-22-2005, 04:22 PM

don't forget Jim Morrison

pretty fly 88
11-23-2005, 04:59 PM
Personally, I've hated the Beatles since I was in grade school. my dad would listen to them every single day pretty much and it annoyed the shit out of me, my sister, and my older brother. At the time, we were too young to be able to appreciate music like that. I'm beginning to like them a little better, but when you've hated a band for 7 years, you don't just start liking them immediately.

One thing I do like about them: if it weren't for them, a lot of other bands would not exist, most notably my favorite band, KISS.

Yatesy
11-24-2005, 06:56 AM
*Is probably the only non Beatles fan here*

To answer one question, yes, I do think they are overrated. Largely. I won't go into it now, possibly later.

To be honest, I completely agree with you, they made good music but I admit it wasn't that great. However I admit they were one of the most inspirational bands ever.

Jakebert
11-25-2005, 03:52 PM
Yes, the Beatles are overrated, but still, they did some very important things, and do deserve a lot of the credit that they get.

For one, they helped make rock 'n roll become bigger, and more complex instead of just being a bunch of short, cheesy love songs. They made making an album an art form, and were one of the first bands to make actual albums instead of just collections of songs.

Also, they were probably the single most important band of that era in terms of studio technology. They used it to their full advantage in ways that no band had ever done before, to make their albums sound bigger, better, and sleaker than the other bands out at the time.

Plus, they wrote some really good songs.

Drummerguy123
11-25-2005, 04:55 PM
Yes, the Beatles are overrated, but still, they did some very important things, and do deserve a lot of the credit that they get.

For one, they helped make rock 'n roll become bigger, and more complex instead of just being a bunch of short, cheesy love songs. They made making an album an art form, and were one of the first bands to make actual albums instead of just collections of songs.

Also, they were probably the single most important band of that era in terms of studio technology. They used it to their full advantage in ways that no band had ever done before, to make their albums sound bigger, better, and sleaker than the other bands out at the time.

Plus, they wrote some really good songs.

Actually, they had the first rock song to be #1 on the charts. The very last jazz song to be #1 was Hello Dolly, then The Beatles came along and it never happened again.

original_prankster
11-25-2005, 05:42 PM
I agree here. I'm about to recycle something I said in the Vai thread.

They have some great music, but they just aren't my cup of tea.

Drummerguy123
11-26-2005, 10:49 PM

lol. They did have a few drug songs...

Man, I just actually payed attention to the lyrics in Eleanor Rigby and She's Leaving Home, those are really sad songs. I felt depressed and then I listened to Come Together and Let it Be and I felt better. Wow. This is first time since the Offspring that a band has written songs that actually affected me emotionally. Now I feel like a wimp. Oh well..........

Madman_1013
11-30-2005, 12:05 AM
THE BEATLES ARE DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They died back in the sixties

bd007h
11-30-2005, 12:09 AM
THE BEATLES ARE DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They died back in the sixties

your great grandparents are dead.

bd007h
11-30-2005, 10:07 PM

no offense, but who gives a flying fuck? I wouldn't be surprised if over 50% of rock bands out there have been on drugs at one point or another. Don't you listen to Green Day?