PDA

View Full Version : Australian Punkrock E-zine?

BuddyHolly
11-22-2005, 03:52 AM
Well, since I'm in Australia I'm wondering if there are any good punkrock/skatepunk bands are playing overhere. But I just don't know where to look on the internet to find out (except of official bandsites). But does anyone knows something like an e-zine with the dates of all (or a lot of) bands touring australia?

yay
11-22-2005, 01:28 PM
Well, since I'm in Australia I'm wondering if there are any good punkrock/skatepunk bands are playing overhere. But I just don't know where to look on the internet to find out (except of official bandsites). But does anyone knows something like an e-zine with the dates of all (or a lot of) bands touring australia?Get the free music newspaper "Drum Media" it has a list and recommendations of all the bands playing around town. Provided you are in New South Wales of course. Queensland and Victoria would have something else similiar, just go to any music shop or guitar shop and ask. Green day is playing here in 21 days. And the Big Day Out which is happening at the beginning of next year is one of the biggest music festivals in the world. Living end, Franz Ferdinand, Iggy Pop will all be their among others.

BuddyHolly
11-25-2005, 06:40 PM
Yeah I know Green Day will be playing in Sidney and Melbourne but that's too fucking expensive for a poor backpacker like me. I'll probably be going to Big Day Out (Iggy Pop, Living End, Soulwax and 2 Many DJ's rule!). But thanks for the tip. I'll be checking out a music store today. Although I'm Bundaberg right now (there aren't any gigs overhere).

All About Eve
11-25-2005, 06:43 PM
Try www.ticketmaster.com . You can choose a location like city or zip and it will list all the bands playing in that area.