PDA

View Full Version : After you die.....

darko
11-24-2005, 02:48 PM
Just interested to know, after you die, would you let your organs be donated?

if so what?
Heart
Kidneys
Corneas
Lungs
Liver
Pancreas

adRi
11-24-2005, 02:52 PM
Of course!
I wanna donate all my organs which can be used by another person ^^

The Talking Pie
11-24-2005, 02:53 PM
No. My body shall be burned. Just like mein führer.

the_GoDdEsS
11-24-2005, 02:53 PM
No, only to family or friends.

the_offsprings_monkey
11-24-2005, 02:54 PM
I'll have them sold on e-bay and the money given to my family.

wheelchairman
11-24-2005, 02:58 PM
^A complete jackass.

I would have all my organs donated. And then I would be cremated. I don't want a grave stone, I don't want a memorial or anything. I want the end to be the end, at least for my physical remains.

Lager_Lolly
11-24-2005, 02:58 PM
my liver's pickled in alcohol so I doubt it'd work properly for anyone else!

it's used to me tho....

Tizzalicious
11-24-2005, 03:00 PM
They can take anything. It's not like I'll need it anymore.

My dad wants to be used for medical research. Now THAT is an idea I don't like at all. My cousin goes to med-school and told me what happens to those bodies. They get parts of them and stuff. Not such a nice thought. I don't want people to cut my dad in 6 pieces and use them to practice on.

Lager_Lolly
11-24-2005, 03:01 PM
btw this is 25 now WCM ;)

Human
11-24-2005, 03:03 PM
No...I would want to be buried with all of my parts.

darko
11-24-2005, 03:03 PM
Medical research? no wouldnt like that.....

wheelchairman
11-24-2005, 03:05 PM
Someone needs to be donated to med research. It's better to have trained doctors than untrained. Although if they are untrained, that means much more bodies for research...

And glad to see it Lagerlolly!

Tizzalicious
11-24-2005, 03:06 PM
Someone needs to be donated to med research. It's better to have trained doctors than untrained. Although if they are untrained, that means much more bodies for research...

I know, I just don't like the ideo of that person being my dad.

darko
11-24-2005, 03:10 PM

Yeah i guess you're right.....

Sunny
11-24-2005, 03:11 PM
organ donation or medical research or cremation, it's all fine with me. i mean, chances are i won't give a shit at that point.

Nirushika6789
11-24-2005, 03:25 PM
No...I would want to be buried with all of my parts.
me too...i dont like the thought of being cut up into pieces and handed out...

i know that may sound very selfish but i will still prefer to keep my organs where they are at the moment

XYlophonetreeZ
11-24-2005, 04:49 PM
me too...i dont like the thought of being cut up into pieces and handed out...

i know that may sound very selfish but i will still prefer to keep my organs where they are at the moment

What the hell are you two, ancient Egyptians? You'll be DEAD. What difference will it make? It's not like if you dig corpses up after a while the organs magically disappear into the afterlife with you.

0r4ng3
11-24-2005, 04:52 PM
It's not like if you dig corpses up after a while the organs magically disappear into the afterlife with you.
That would be cool if it actually happened, though.

As for the initial question, they can have my organs. I'm hoping to be cremated. I won't be caught dead with a necrophiliac.

Offspring7
11-24-2005, 04:55 PM
oh, definitely donate all my organs. no question. i'd like to save/improve as many lives as possible. i'm all for organ donation, especially after i've seen what happens to people who don't get it in time.

Tijs
11-24-2005, 05:11 PM
I'm still thinking about it. I get a reminder of it every once in a while but I REALLY don't know.

At one point I think: Sure, I don't use them anymore and it can save lives.
But on the other side: Well it's my body, I'd like to remain intact. And I don't want my organs to go to a random 70 year old who's gonna die soon anyway.

You know, there should be more than just 'yes' and 'no'. Something like:
'I want to donate if the person has a surviving chance of 75% and above.'
'I want to donate to my relatives and those I named only.'

Until I've decided, it's 'No, I'm not donating my organs'.

edit:
I might aswell add that just like wheelchairman, I don't want my death to be a big thing. I don't think I even want a funeral or any kind of memorial service. I don't want my body to be visited, it's dead, get over me. I want to be fed to sharks or lions or whatever, left out in the jungle to be eaten by scavengers or might aswell send my body into space.
I just don't like the idea of people mourning over me.

Rag Doll
11-24-2005, 05:14 PM
I would donate. I can't use them, but I'm sure others could. A good friend of mine died not long ago because she couldn't get a double lung transplant...and she was just a little tyke =\

T-6005
11-24-2005, 05:21 PM
I don't think I'd donate anything. Too selfish. I want my family to cut me apart and throw my organs off a building one by one. And see which make the biggest splash.

Just because it would ruin their day and they sure as shit wouldn't forget about me after that.

Mota Boy
11-24-2005, 05:27 PM
My tentative will holds that all possible scraps of me be donated to whomever/whatever needs them, then the rest of my body be cremated and catapulted into the Gulf of Mexico, preferrably off an active Caribbean volcano.

GreenTerror
11-24-2005, 07:38 PM
I'd want to donate anything possible. Like the others said, it's not like I'll need them again. And it could help people who need it more than my little corpse does.

Offspring-Fanatic
11-24-2005, 09:16 PM
eh i just want to be buried, or donate and then be buried...

i dont want to be a cadaver, thats for sure.

Offspring-Fanatic
11-24-2005, 09:17 PM
I don't think I'd donate anything. Too selfish. I want my family to cut me apart and throw my organs off a building one by one. And see which make the biggest splash.

HAHA i'm sooo putting that in my sig!

Tired_Of_You
11-24-2005, 09:22 PM
I want to donate everything. Why would I want to keep them anyway? I'm going to be dead.

There's something really stupid in Canada. Someone who wants to donate his organs can't do it if after this person dies, his or her family is against it. It's not their choice (and obviously their body)! It was the choice of the person who died!

0r4ng3
11-24-2005, 09:24 PM
I'll donate my organs to feed the less fortunate.

Tired_Of_You
11-24-2005, 09:27 PM
Am I the only one who appreciates this out loud?Not anymore. I didn't read it until you quote it.

JoY
11-25-2005, 03:41 AM
They can take anything. It's not like I'll need it anymore.

My dad wants to be used for medical research. Now THAT is an idea I don't like at all. My cousin goes to med-school and told me what happens to those bodies. They get parts of them and stuff. Not such a nice thought. I don't want people to cut my dad in 6 pieces and use them to practice on.
& we give the bodies names & take pictures of them with our cellphones.

"so how's Jack doin'?"
"still dead, still fat"

well, some students do. not to mention students in the first year don't know half of the time what they're doing & just cut around like butchers. "oh, was that the aorta I just hit? cool!"

..it makes my little heart ache. *sniffs*

JoY
11-25-2005, 03:52 AM
You know, there should be more than just 'yes' and 'no'. Something like:
'I want to donate if the person has a surviving chance of 75% and above.'
'I want to donate to my relatives and those I named only.'

medicine doesn't know any names, or ages. only sick people needing to be fixed.

I'm not sure about the whole donating thing. I know how it goes, I know how it works & that's exactly what makes me hesitant. I'd like a nice burial after I die, you know. not my family being sent away from me the minute after I die, because they need to cut the organs out before I turn cold. for some reason, I'd like to stay whole. why? because I know how they close you up, after they get your organs out. it's not vanity, wanting to stay free from any scars, or something. I think my life already proves I don't give too much about that, let alone in death.

I'm still considering it. sometimes I think I know for sure I want to donate/not donate, but I change my mind about every other day.

wheelchairman
11-25-2005, 04:04 AM
What does it matter if they are 70 years old and going to die anyways, I mean everyone does anyways. I think there is a little different prioritization anyways.

Tijs
11-25-2005, 04:22 AM
medicine doesn't know any names, or ages. only sick people needing to be fixed.
That's what I mean, I'd like to choose where my organs go myself. If I could do that I'd donate. But since that's rather difficult since I'm dead and all, it makes the decision hard to make.

wheelchairman, I'd rather have my organs go to a 12 year old with a surviving chance of 60% than a eldery person with a surviving chance of 80% if you see what I mean.

JoY
11-25-2005, 04:45 AM
Tijs: but maybe the 12 year old doesn't have your bloodtype. if you see what I mean. besides; imagine, there's a twelve year old dying on the other side of the world who needs kidneys & has YOUR bloodtype. then there's an elderly, 65 year old guy in the next room, that needs new kidneys just as badly & you were just declared dead with perfectly good organs. by the time your kidneys are shipped to the twelve year old, (s)he's long dead. but you wanted someone with a lower chance of survival to get your kidneys, so the 65 year old man dies.

you didn't understand me, when I said medicine knows no names, or ages.

flashback: the 65 year old man is a very loved habitant of his village. he's helped a group of 476 disabled for 25 years now & he finds a lot of joy & satisfaction in what he does. ten years ago his wife died, ever since he's been the only loved one alive of his only son. his love for helping the disabled is only because his son was in a carcrash, when he was 16. a drunk driver hit him with 100km/h & right there & then he broke his back. he can't walk anymore, but he's learned with the help of his father to be almost fully independent.

catch my drift? you're not god. you can't decide wether a 12 year old has more right to be saved, than a 65 year old guy. you just can't. I can understand you find a loved one of yours to be more worthy of saving, than someone you don't know. but someone you don't know being more worthy than someone you don't know.. REALLY doesn't make any sense.

do you really think that an 70 year old guy with a survival chance of 80% needs a new organ? if an 70 year old guy needs a new organ to survive, he's long dead. & even if he wasn't, it's highly unlikely a new organ would be the only possible treatment with such high chances. & if there's any other way, besides a transplantation, to treat someone, doctors will never do that operation, because the risk during such an operation is enormous. especially for elderly people. besides, people who need a transplant often have rather low chances of survival. that happens to kind of be the whole problem.

neocon58
11-25-2005, 05:28 AM
I will definetley donate my organs, then be cremated, however I will have it written into my will that my organs are not to be used to help the following people:

retards
aboz
fuckwits
wishomie
nancy boys