PDA

View Full Version : My Shopping Adventure

Drummerguy123
11-25-2005, 01:52 PM
Yesterday I was looking through all of the ads in the newspaper for any good, but affordably mp3 players. One caught my eye. It was a 20g Argosy player and it was only $99. Compusa opened at midnight, my dad took me there. We figured that we'd get there about 15 minutes early just in case a line would build. Bad mistake. When we arrived, there were already a good 700 people in line in front of us. So when the store finally opened, it was complete pandemonium. Hundreds of people rushed in looking for that one product they wanted. I just wanted that mp3 player aso I ran to that section, through the crowds. My friend, Matt was there because I had talked to him earlier about this mp3 player and he wanted one.

It was quite obvious that Compusa didn't expect to get crowds like this because they only had 4 or 5 people running the entire store. Nobody was being helped and these poor guys were getting mobbed. I was waiting at the counter to buy the mp3 players but no one was there. I waited a few minutes, watching everyone around me in a craze, and Matt yelled, "Thomas, they're over here!" I looked and saw one guy passing them out to people. He only had a small stack, about 7 or 8 of them, and people kept rushing in towards him. Matt was closer so he managed to grab me one while getting himself one, too. We waited in line, still watching the chaos that surrounded us. After 20 more minutes or so, the rush settled and everybody got in line. That gigantic line that was outside was now inside the store, wrapping around the isles and curving at the walls, leading only to two people at the check out counters. It was about 12:45 when I got tired of waiting in line and wandered around the store while my dad kept our spot in the line. I was gone for a good 15 minutes and when I came back, my dad had moved forward about 3 floor tiles from when I left. Finally, at 1:55, we got to the checkout counter and finished this whole fiasco. I got home at about 2:30 and went to bed at about 3:00. Now, I have a new mp3 player and I have spent all day so far putting my c-d collection into it.

XYlophonetreeZ
11-25-2005, 02:15 PM
Nobody cool will bother to read all that drivel.

Jebus
11-25-2005, 02:27 PM
I wish I read your reply before I read the whole thing. :(

Drummerguy123
11-25-2005, 02:29 PM

It's 2 paragraphs. That's not exactly going to take that long to read.

0r4ng3
11-25-2005, 02:29 PM
It's 2 paragraphs. That's not exactly going to take that long to read.
No no, you misunderstand. The key word was "drivel".

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-25-2005, 02:32 PM
I read it. Though I still can't find which part of it's supposed to be interesting.

Just a Girl
11-25-2005, 02:35 PM
yeah, i thought that there was going to be some sort of climax. i was mistaken.

Drummerguy123
11-25-2005, 02:37 PM
Okay, if you didn't find it interesting, oh well. My intentions were tocreate a discussion about how insane shopping is at this time of year. You guys didn't need to be jackasses about it.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-25-2005, 02:38 PM
Okay, if you didn't find it interesting, oh well. My intentions were tocreate a discussion about how insane shopping is at this time of year. You guys didn't need to be jackasses about it.

No it wasn't. You were bragging about your new mp3 player and how hard it was to get it. If you wanted to start a discussion you'd have put a question at the end asking our experiences.

Drummerguy123
11-25-2005, 02:40 PM
No it wasn't. You were bragging about your new mp3 player and how hard it was to get it. If you wanted to start a discussion you'd have put a question at the end asking our experiences.

Bragging? Yeah, it's an okay mp3 player but its not exactly the best model out there.

Jebus
11-25-2005, 02:42 PM
I don't know about everyone else, but I did get the impression that the thread was about discussing shopping experiences around this time. It's like real life. If you told a story like that, you wouldn't also ask if he had any similar experiences. You'd expect the other person to respond with their own story like in a normal conversation.

Drummerguy123
11-25-2005, 02:45 PM
I don't know about everyone else, but I did get the impression that the thread was about discussing shopping experiences around this time. It's like real life. If you told a story like that, you wouldn't also ask if he had any similar experiences. You'd expect the other person to respond with their own story like in a normal conversation.

Thank you. I see SOMEBODY sees what I was going for.

0r4ng3
11-25-2005, 02:46 PM
I don't really have stories like that. If I see more than 3 people on a line, I say "fuck it", and go to the next store.

Drummerguy123
11-25-2005, 02:54 PM
I don't really have stories like that. If I see more than 3 people on a line, I say "fuck it", and go to the next store.

See? Here is the discussion I was going for.

Offspring-Fanatic
11-25-2005, 04:20 PM
we went to the mall today and there were TONS of sales

I have never seen so many Mexicans in my entire life.

Drummerguy123
11-25-2005, 04:51 PM
we went to the mall today and there were TONS of sales

I have never seen so many Mexicans in my entire life.
Do you have something against Mexicans? Because if you do I will have to kill you.

Offspring-Fanatic
11-25-2005, 04:54 PM
Do you have something against Mexicans? Because if you do I will have to kill you.

lol. only certain ones. you know, the ones that think they are all that and "im so gangsta." and have that certain walk...yeah i dont like those.

and my teacher.

or when i go to Pasco and there's a lot of them outside an old car (looking like that ones i described before)...i get scared they might do a drive-by.

Drummerguy123
11-25-2005, 04:58 PM
lol. only certain ones. you know, the ones that think they are all that and "im so gangsta." and have that certain walk...yeah i dont like those.

and my teacher.

or when i go to Pasco and there's a lot of them outside an old car (looking like that ones i described before)...i get scared they might do a drive-by.

Should this be considered racial profiling?

Offspring-Fanatic
11-25-2005, 05:16 PM
i dunno. i dont care.

doesnt matter. anyways...ima go make a christmas thread

Original prankstA
11-25-2005, 05:20 PM
i guess it's kind of interesting, but if there was more punching strangers in the face to get the player, it would have been loads better

Drummerguy123
11-25-2005, 05:41 PM
Well, there was a surprising amount of Asians there. :confused:

the_offsprings_monkey
11-25-2005, 05:47 PM
I like Mexicans, the Spanish are quite shit tho.

All About Eve
11-25-2005, 05:48 PM
I wish I read your reply before I read the whole thing. :(

That was going to be my exact post,minus the smiley.

0r4ng3
11-25-2005, 05:51 PM
I like Mexicans, the Spanish are quite shit tho.
The language? Or do you hate Spaniards, people from Spain? Please elaborate.

Rag Doll
11-25-2005, 07:52 PM
I gave my mom $200 to go to Circuit City at 5am (she was going shopping anyways) to get this 5.0 megapixel digicam & printer for only like $169. She got there and the cops weren't even letting anyone else in the parking lot at 4:30am, cause there were already so many people on line. There were people camped out there since like 5pm the day before. Fucking ridiculous. I, obviously, did not get my camera.

coke_a_holic
11-25-2005, 08:00 PM
Black Friday has taken its toll on many a crazed soccer mom, you should be lucky to be alive, drummerdude.

Drummerguy123
11-25-2005, 09:22 PM
I do consider myself lucky, but my frien did even better. He got that mp3 player, the $10 flash drive, the $30 200g hard drive and 2 wireless routers for $3 each. Of course now he has to fill out a billion warranty cards. :D

All About Eve
11-25-2005, 09:23 PM
Why not just wait until Christmas?

Drummerguy123
11-25-2005, 09:28 PM
Why not just wait until Christmas?

Becasue I was freaking out without my music with me at all times. I'm kinda insane like that.

Tizzalicious
11-26-2005, 12:57 AM
yeah, i thought that there was going to be some sort of climax. i was mistaken.

Yupz, same here.

Okay, and it was about shopping. That caught my attention.