PDA

View Full Version : Hamlet

Back in Black
11-28-2005, 10:46 AM
Shakespere plays suck. We just got done reading this long and boring play in English class before the thanksgiving break. And Now we have to watch the movie. Looks like I'll be catching up on my sleep during the movie. ;)

uvutuy
11-28-2005, 10:47 AM
Shakespere plays suck. We just got done reading this long and boring play in English class before the thanksgiving break. And Now we have to watch the movie. Looks like I'll be catching up on my sleep during the movie. ;)
of course shakesphere stuff suck

Punky Dudess
11-28-2005, 10:48 AM
Damn, you guys have little taste. Shakespeare is one of the greatest historical figures in English Literature! His work is simply genius! Especially Macbeth.

Back in Black
11-28-2005, 10:49 AM
Damn, you guys have little taste. Shakespeare is one of the greatest historical figures in English Literature! His work is simply genius! Especially Macbeth.
So in other words, his plays sucks.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-28-2005, 10:50 AM
His plays are certainly good, but they're not as good as so many English teachers make them out to be. Certainly enjoyable reads, though. And if they're done properly on stage.. marvellous.

clokey43
11-28-2005, 10:51 AM
Shakespeare is brilliant. I have studied a few plays in the past and agree some of the language can be difficult. However, he is so descriptive of what he intends to get across and when studied in detail is just as understandable as a play made today. You shouldn't sleep during this you should listen, you might even find it interesting

Punky Dudess
11-28-2005, 10:51 AM
No. In other words, stop disrespect 'the man'. Quit being so damned opinionated and increase your variety of taste.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-28-2005, 10:53 AM
So in other words, his plays sucks.

What??

Shakespeare is one of the greatest historical figures in English Literature! His work is simply genius!

//

his plays suck.

These two sentences are not interchangable.

XYlophonetreeZ
11-28-2005, 11:19 AM
Hamlet and King Lear are brilliant. Most of his other plays are overrated (especially A Midsummer Night's Dream).

MegaLaDon
11-28-2005, 11:32 AM
Hamlet is definitely the favourite out of the few I've studied. Love the ambiguity in Shakespeare's characters (even though I used to argue that it was just because he was too non-commital).

bd007h
11-28-2005, 12:26 PM
I saw Hamlet this past year. I know Hamlet is supposed to be a guy, but Michael J. Fox's sister played hamlet.

Megs
11-28-2005, 12:29 PM
no they aren't, the ignorant just can't understand them.

Endymion
11-28-2005, 02:34 PM
i've never found them to be very good, with the exception of hamlet which i found to be "plenty fair".

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
11-28-2005, 02:37 PM

Not exactly. He wasn't a genius. He had horrible talent, and is highly over-rated.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
11-28-2005, 02:38 PM
i've never found them to be very good, with the exception of hamlet which i found to be "plenty fair".

Same here. Very average.

That_Guy91
11-28-2005, 02:38 PM
Nimrod In Town']Not exactly. He wasn't a genius. He had horrible talent, and is highly over-rated.
he's overrated, but not highly. his work is just hard to understand a lot of the time. i personally enjoy it, but it takes a while to get it sometimes.

[Warning] Nimrod In Town
11-28-2005, 02:43 PM
Yeah, well, it's like Endymion said. It's fairly ok.