PDA

View Full Version : define punk rock

.:SMASH:.
11-28-2005, 03:36 PM
people always think differently on what punk rock is. tell me what bands are punk rock to you. some people think gwen steffani is punk lmao!

i think punk is offspring's old stuff up to smash, afi stuff and the living end

That_Guy91
11-28-2005, 03:37 PM
1. you have horrible taste in music (or, at least in punk music)
2.wrong section

11-28-2005, 03:38 PM
your opinion buddy

That_Guy91
11-28-2005, 03:38 PM
but its still the wrong section

Homer
11-28-2005, 03:39 PM
The Offspring aren't punk, they're metal.

fuckB Ratty
11-28-2005, 03:40 PM
Your and idiot, there punk.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And punk is whatever you say it is.

ruroken
11-28-2005, 03:41 PM
Haha, this thread is beyond screwed.

NDM1
11-28-2005, 03:42 PM
1. you have horrible taste in music (or, at least in punk music)
2.wrong section

So you think liking the Offspring is a bad taste in music? Why are you on an Offspring forum then?

Haha, this thread is beyond screwed.
no shit..its chaos.

Fly White Guy

Ha ha. fuckB Ratty couldn't resist, I guess.

That_Guy91

incorrect, Ms. blink avatar.

it's hard to define punk, but the only people who say crap like "punk is whatever you say it is" are pop-punkers who want to "fit in".

and the Offspring's pop punk at the moment.

ruroken
11-28-2005, 03:43 PM
So you think liking the Offspring is a bad taste in music? Why are you on an Offspring forum then?
People should stop asking this.

That_Guy91
11-28-2005, 03:43 PM
i like their old stuff too, but if you think "punk" and the first band you think of is the offspring, something's wrong.

EDIT: and what he said^

Preocupado
11-28-2005, 03:46 PM
wehl, for me punk rock hav always bean more then a band. 4 me it's all the fury against capitalism (fucK capitalism, btw :mad: ) and olso a lifestyle. I think its basicaly do whatu want and dont care \m/

Homer
11-28-2005, 03:54 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fuck, don't call me an idiot. Of course they're not metal. It's a little thing called saaaaaaaaaaaaaarcasm.

And to all who didn't detect this thing called "sarcasm" then you can fuck off.

And to those who did know it: wasn't the reaction funny?

Little_Miss_1565
11-28-2005, 04:09 PM
i like their old stuff too, but if you think "punk" and the first band you think of is the offspring, something's wrong.

Truth.

Punk was really 1976-1980, and then hardcore took over, and then who knows. But what is called 'punk' these days isn't really. It's like disco.

That_Guy91
11-28-2005, 04:10 PM
well, hardcore counts.

um....Disco?

Little_Miss_1565
11-28-2005, 04:13 PM
In that disco had its day and is now no more. What could be called disco is 'electronic,' etc., whatever. Thusly, punk had its day and is now no more. The spirit is certainly still alive, though.

XYlophonetreeZ
11-28-2005, 04:19 PM
Define punk rock? DEFINE PUNK ROCK?? DEFINE PUNK FUCKING ROCK!?!?!? You can't define punk rock, that's what makes it PUNK for Christ's sake. Punk rock is whatever the FUCK you want it to be, but if you start to give it a definition, you're a fucking sellout! That's what THE MAN does, tryin' to go and label everything. You've gotta lift that middle finger and yell FUCK YOU!!! Take it from the punkest fuckin' punk band that ever fuckin' lived: The Offspring:

"Well the bottom line in all of this seems to say, there's no right and wrong way, sorry if I don't feel like livin' the way you do."
"I hate a lot of things I hate a lot of people that are lame!"
"I'm not a trendy asshole, I do what I want, I do what I feel like. I'm not a trendy asshole, I don't give a fuck if it's good enough for you!"

Words to fuckin' live by. Just remember, ANARKY 4EVA, cops r gay, Dexter is MY man, Sid Vicious was the lead singer of the Sex Pistols and was SUPER talented. FUCK BUSH!!!1

UgLy_eLf
11-28-2005, 06:33 PM
Puking all over the bartender and yourself while in your shiny studded jacket then being thrown out of the bar. That, is.... Punk rock.

original_prankster
11-28-2005, 06:41 PM
Define punk rock? DEFINE PUNK ROCK?? DEFINE PUNK FUCKING ROCK!?!?!? You can't define punk rock, that's what makes it PUNK for Christ's sake. Punk rock is whatever the FUCK you want it to be, but if you start to give it a definition, you're a fucking sellout! That's what THE MAN does, tryin' to go and label everything. You've gotta lift that middle finger and yell FUCK YOU!!! Take it from the punkest fuckin' punk band that ever fuckin' lived: The Offspring:

"Well the bottom line in all of this seems to say, there's no right and wrong way, sorry if I don't feel like livin' the way you do."
"I'm not a trendy asshole, I do what I want, I do what I feel like. I'm not a trendy asshole, I don't give a fuck if it's good enough for you!"

Words to fuckin' live by. Just remember, ANARKY 4EVA, cops r gay, Dexter is MY man, Sid Vicious was the lead singer of the Sex Pistols and was SUPER talented. FUCK BUSH!!!1
:D LOL!

(Ten character rule...GAH!)

coke_a_holic
11-28-2005, 06:46 PM
I agree with every fuckin' word that came out of my bro XYZ's fingers, but I want to add something. That is this: if you like punk rawk, you aren't punk because punk isn't about enjoyment it's about pain and agony. Deal with it, fuckers.

barangatang
11-28-2005, 07:09 PM
and the Offspring's pop punk at the moment.

I disagree. Maybe a when they came out with americana and CO1 they were "pop punk", but now they have a more "metal inflicted (what a fucking great adjective) punk. Who knows what there next album is going to be like.

JohnnyNemesis
11-28-2005, 07:17 PM
In a rap bashing thread, Sin Studly described punk better than anyone else could ever hope to:

Yeah rap sucks, it's just a bunch of white kids in torn clothing and safety pins, even though they have heaps of money, and stupid 'nonconformist' hair that conforms completely to their chosen subculture, trying to pretend they're sooo antimaterialistic while signed to major conglomorates, singing about how antisocial they are and how society sucks and anarchy rules, even though under anarchy they'd be killed for their millions of dollars, and only using three repetative chords per song.

Oh wait, we're talking about rap?

Rancid_Guyxxx
11-28-2005, 07:26 PM
Best post ever.

Endymion
11-28-2005, 07:26 PM
it's not the wrong section. other bands isn't "all talk about music other than the offspring or your own band", it's about other bands.

GreenTerror
11-28-2005, 08:25 PM
You have to have a mohawk to be punk. :(

ninthlayer
11-29-2005, 03:00 AM
Faggot music made by faggots for faggots.

Revolver-2005?
11-29-2005, 03:21 AM
Punk is trying to not conform while conforming completely...it's full of contradictions...everything is basically.

you'resotragic
11-29-2005, 03:38 AM
Not exactly sure what punk is, i guess its what you want it to be. I hate it when people say the offspring are a novelty band though... listen to any song from any of their albums and you can hear the feeling! Even the comedy ones...

Isolated Fury
11-29-2005, 04:05 AM
Punk is dead.

So stop talking about it.

JoY
11-29-2005, 04:15 AM
I'm hungry. *walks off*

Isolated Fury
11-29-2005, 04:18 AM
My thoughts exactly.

Only for me it's more like, "I'm tired. *loses consciousness*"

defyu
11-29-2005, 04:20 AM
punk isnt dead is just what u make it punks all about being different

Isolated Fury
11-29-2005, 04:26 AM
If you're so sure that punk isn't dead, who are your favorite punk bands?

defyu
11-29-2005, 04:31 AM
offspring but there new stuff isnt that gd and yer old punk is dead but u just got t go wid the punk ple and punk isnt the music its an attiude

Isolated Fury
11-29-2005, 04:34 AM
If you're going along with the musical evolution then you're listening to pop punk.

And no, punk isn't just an "attitude." It's a genre of music. The "attitude" that you mention is the fashionable product of the creators of this genre.

defyu
11-29-2005, 04:37 AM
ok u tell me then how did punk start

Isolated Fury
11-29-2005, 04:40 AM
...You're kidding me, right?

PUNK STRATED WIT TEH OFFSPRING AN ITLL END WIT DA OFFFSRING!!!1!1!!

Go to school. Don't waste my time.

defyu
11-29-2005, 04:55 AM
...You're kidding me, right?

PUNK STRATED WIT TEH OFFSPRING AN ITLL END WIT DA OFFFSRING!!!1!1!!

Go to school. Don't waste my time.

mate your the one who should go to skool u need to learn how t spell and i am at skool and punk never started with the offspring

Vera
11-29-2005, 04:59 AM

This is like, 70% of all posts on this BBS summarized. A mention of Jews, and it'd be 98%.

Beautiful.

defyu
11-29-2005, 05:29 AM

i like the way u put that well said

Rocky-girl
11-29-2005, 06:40 AM
I think we all understand punk like kind of life, but in our minds we also understand it in different ways.

JoY
11-29-2005, 08:24 AM
you don't get it, do you?

oh man, this is fucking hilarious.

Obie2trice
11-29-2005, 08:26 AM
Punk is dead.

So stop talking about it.

pff, let people feel punk if they want to

XYlophonetreeZ
11-29-2005, 08:44 AM
mate your the one who should go to skool u need to learn how t spell and i am at skool and punk never started with the offspring

Oh man. I like this guy. I mean, I really, really like this guy. This guy's a regular orgasm distribution engineer. Shit, look at his profile. It leads me to believe that this guy is actually for real.

Vera: Shit. Forgot the Jews.